OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 645, 646, 647 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:55 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
I think AD is worth the wait as a FA in 2020. Lebron would still have 2 more years with AD to get a title. Then when Lebron retires the Lakers will have there franchise player.

Nope. That's not a good idea. A year and a half waiting for an often injured player who is right now injured to join an aging Supra star who is just right now injured and in his longest tenure in the IL??
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:56 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
If the Raptors knew there was a chance KL bolts in FA you guys think Raptors will try getting something for him before the Feb 7 deadline?

No
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:01 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
32 wrote:
I believe AD is the end game and if NO refuses to trade him to the Lakers then the Lakers will wait until 2020 and get him as a FA. If the Lakers punt this years cap space to 2020 this summer would they have $38M in cap space for 1 year deals?

Well, then you'd have to get rid of BI too in 2020.

You could punt, but that's 2 years of LBJ's post prime punted away waiting for someone like AD.

Would AD want to be a second to a 36 yo Lebron in decline? And wouldn’t Magic be gone after failing on his deadline?

I think Magic's pledge is akin to someone pledging that they'd join Clippersground.net if Magic replaced Jim/Mitch.

But yeah, waiting until 2020, I don't see it. LBJ has so many years of post-prime b/f he starts really declining. Wasting 2 to just in the hopes of signing AD, I don't see it. They will likely make their best offer this summer and if it happens it happens. If it doesn't, LBJ's championship biological clock will be raging next summer.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:02 pm    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
32 wrote:
I think AD is worth the wait as a FA in 2020. Lebron would still have 2 more years with AD to get a title. Then when Lebron retires the Lakers will have there franchise player.

Nope. That's not a good idea. A year and a half waiting for an often injured player who is right now injured to join an aging Supra star who is just right now injured and in his longest tenure in the IL??

There is the chance that they would wait for a guy who might not enter free agency
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:04 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I feel like teams get extra perky when a star player is reportedly interested in joining the Lakers.

If I'm a star player who wants to join the Lakers, I'd come out and say that I "don't want to play for the Lakers."

Kawhi “I don’t want to play in Lebron’s shadow, Lakers a distant third.” and KD “Environment around Lebron is toxic.” must be genius then

Yeah. Well, KL asked for LA and was sent by Pop to Toronto. KD will never be traded.

But if I'm AD, I say publicly that he hates LBJ and LA and wants nothing with that wretched city.

In contrast, Klay is still saying he will stay in GS...
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:17 pm    Post subject:

waaay too big a risk to wait until 2020 off season. There is NOTHING in that free agency besides AD. Our best bet is to load up on the best talent we can get in this coming offseason along with resigning Zu. If we can turn around and trade for AD in 2020 season, amazing!. If not we are still a strong team with lots of depth.
I see a decent amount of feasible combinations of FA hauls that could make us big championship contenders even if we miss out on Kawhi, Durant, Klay. (As long as Durant leaves the Warriors). We cant skip out on that just for a chance to get AD yet another season away.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 1:27 pm    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I feel like teams get extra perky when a star player is reportedly interested in joining the Lakers.

If I'm a star player who wants to join the Lakers, I'd come out and say that I "don't want to play for the Lakers."

Kawhi “I don’t want to play in Lebron’s shadow, Lakers a distant third.” and KD “Environment around Lebron is toxic.” must be genius then

Yeah. Well, KL asked for LA and was sent by Pop to Toronto. KD will never be traded.

But if I'm AD, I say publicly that he hates LBJ and LA and wants nothing with that wretched city.

he also said he is not giving the Warriors a discount...
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:03 pm    Post subject:

32 wrote:
I still believe AD is the end game.

What makes you think he could be the 2nd best player on a team that beats GS (if they still have Durant)?

If the question comes off hostile, that's not my intention. Just trying to figure out what you see that I don't.

I admit he and Rondo looked like an effective tandem against them last playoffs. But trying to fit Lebron's role in all of that feels ... precarious. Are LBJ or Rondo going to spot up effectively like E'Twaun Moore did if they aren't running the pick and roll?
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:13 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
lakerican wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yup

I think he comes to LA, so his dad can do all his games. He would be 34yo after this next contract. Get a Max deal and be home
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Be ready LG

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/othersport/983992/Lakers-news-Klay-Thompson-free-agent-LeBron-James-Los-Angeles-Lakers-NBA
SuperNutZ
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:22 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
Be ready LG

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/othersport/983992/Lakers-news-Klay-Thompson-free-agent-LeBron-James-Los-Angeles-Lakers-NBA

LOL express uk
Swagron
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:30 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
Be ready LG

For what?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:33 pm    Post subject:

Something we should have a look out for is that when the Lakers are linked with a player we almost never get him because another team jumps in and gets a deal done, so for those who are hoping to get Smith, don’t be surprised if it ends up being another Ariza situation, we usually get something done when the storm is quiet, I’m expecting a desperate team like Orlando or NY to get there hands on Smith because they are more inclined to do something because of how bad they are.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:35 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
32 wrote:
I still believe AD is the end game.

What makes you think he could be the 2nd best player on a team that beats GS (if they still have Durant)?

If the question comes off hostile, that's not my intention. Just trying to figure out what you see that I don't.

I admit he and Rondo looked like an effective tandem against them last playoffs. But trying to fit Lebron's role in all of that feels ... precarious. Are LBJ or Rondo going to spot up effectively like E'Twaun Moore did if they aren't running the pick and roll?

I don't know if any team could beat GS if KD stays. Maybe KL and Lebron could.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Swagron wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
Be ready LG

For what?

For the best defensive back court in the NBA
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:41 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
Swagron wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
Be ready LG

For what?

That’s an article from July.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:47 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
Swagron wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
Be ready LG

For what?

Connecting the dots

Klay is coming to LA. Why else would Magic guarantee 2 years
tony
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:50 pm    Post subject:

I really hope we don't get AD. Injury prone, great stats on a (bleep) team, who does this remind you of?
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:50 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
Swagron wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
Be ready LG

For what?

Connecting the dots

I admire your optimism
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:52 pm    Post subject:

tony wrote:
I really hope we don't get AD. Injury prone, great stats on a (bleep) team, who does this remind you of?

He reminds me of guys who weren’t in the right situation then started winning titles when they got traded. Think Pau Gasol.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:03 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
Swagron wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
Be ready LG

For what?

Connecting the dots

I admire your optimism

Thank ya

People say curry is the best shooter in the NBA. I say it's Klay, my boy has the record 37 points in one qtr. World record! Wilt had 31 in a qtr when he went for 100
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:05 pm    Post subject:

It appears Woj has a good relationship with Rich Paul. Woj is getting the biggest scoop on AD's finger injury. He is quoting Rich Paul a lot in his tweets.
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:06 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
lakerican wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yup

I think he comes to LA, so his dad can do all his games. He would be 34yo after this next contract. Get a Max deal and be home

Does it me stirring the pot qualifies as trolling?

I think we are the only ones that think Klay is the real Target or Maginka.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:12 pm    Post subject:

lakerican wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
lakerican wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Yup

Does it me stirring the pot qualifies as trolling?

I think we are the only ones that think Klay is the real Target or Maginka.

Stephen a Smith thinks so too.
I know that doesn't mean anything thou.

It just makes too much sense to be a Laker.

His favorite team was the Lakers
He is 29yo so his age is getting up there
He has rings already
Gs fans blame him when they struggle

The secret was Klay and.pg13 to the Lakers

I think it has always been Klay and Bron

Almost forgot
Klay has the record for most 3s in a game, Beating Curry for the record. He hardly got any praise for said accomplishment
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2019 3:21 pm    Post subject:

Klay is the darkhorse/hidden behind smokescreen/whatever you want to call it option.

If GSW gives him the max, he stays. If not, then he might be who the Lakers FO has lined up with max offer. It’s not crazy tbh, just depends on GSW’s commitment imo.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 645, 646, 647 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 646 of 8560
Jump to: