OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:46 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
One of the downsides of stretching Deng now.

Not saying the T'Wolves would have taken Deng, but at least there was a possibility of creating a trade with Deng for Butler.

Deng, Kuzma or Ball or Ingram, future 1st for Butler.

Spent the past few years screaming at the top of my lungs PG13 ain't worth it, not at the cost of young kids. Looks like I'm going to have to spend this year doing the same thing. Butler's not worth giving up on the kids. Sign a max for free this summer. Repeat after me, sign a max for free this summer! Sign a max for free this summer! Sign a max for free this summer! Sign a max for free this summer! Sign a max for free this summer! Sign a max for free this summer! Sign a max for free this summer! Sign a max for free this summer! Sign a max for free this summer!
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:51 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

Not saying the T'Wolves would have taken Deng, but at least there was a possibility of creating a trade with Deng for Butler.

You can always involve a 3rd team if we don’t have enough assets or contracts to complete the trade.

It isn't an asset issue, it is a salary issue that can't be solved by including a 3rd team.

The only way the Lakers could trade enough salary to get Butler before December 15th would be to include Ingram, Ball, and 2 additional salaries from the following list - Bonga, Hart, Kuzma, Zubac, Svi, Wagner.

That will never happen.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:56 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:
Smokescreen! Jimmy wants to be a Laker!

Jimmy Bulter:

"Hmm.... Paul George asks to be traded to the Lakers but ended up being traded to OKC instead, then Kawhi Leonard asked to be traded to the Lakers but ended up being traded to TOR... so moral of the story, if I want to be a Laker, I shouldn't ask to be traded to the Lakers!"

Is that a real quote?
Or your thoughts?

It’s Jimmy Butler’s real thoughts
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/basketball.realgm.com/wiretap-amp/251168/Pelicans-Waive-Emeka-Okafor

Would you guys take a chance at him to provide some depth at the C spot?

u didnt wanted to sign Noah but you want to sign Okafor?

You are comparing a knucklehead who had a fall out in NY to a steady vet? the reason why Emeka Okafor got waived is because they are loaded at the big man spot..

Davis
Mirotic
Randle
Jahlil Okafor
Ajinca
Cheick Diallo

Trust me I’m not saying let’s sign Okafor to be a difference maker but he can definitely give us a little boost if some of the other bigs on the Lakers roster are either injured or are struggling.

Steady vet? 🤣🤣🤣
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/basketball.realgm.com/wiretap-amp/251168/Pelicans-Waive-Emeka-Okafor

You are comparing a knucklehead who had a fall out in NY to a steady vet? the reason why Emeka Okafor got waived is because they are loaded at the big man spot..

Davis
Mirotic
Randle
Jahlil Okafor
Ajinca
Cheick Diallo

Trust me I’m not saying let’s sign Okafor to be a difference maker but he can definitely give us a little boost if some of the other bigs on the Lakers roster are either injured or are struggling.

Steady vet? 🤣🤣🤣

Yep, reason why Pelicans signed him last season was because they trusted him as far as being a leader in the locker room, it’s true because he played with them early in his career and signed him back because he’s a solid guy to be around and plays hard when he gets PT.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Davis
Mirotic
Randle
Jahlil Okafor
Ajinca
Cheick Diallo

Steady vet? 🤣🤣🤣

Yep, reason why Pelicans signed him last season was because they trusted him as far as being a leader in the locker room, it’s true because he played with them early in his career and signed him back because he’s a solid guy to be around and plays hard when he gets PT.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:58 am    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:

We wouldn’t trade for Kawhi or PG13 with either of those players. We certainly wouldn’t do it for Butler especially.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:18 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

We wouldn’t trade for Kawhi or PG13 with either of those players. We certainly wouldn’t do it for Butler especially.

I think the Lakers will not play in the trade market.
Lovefool
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:38 am    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

Exactly. Butler is a downgrade from both those guys. Its almost laughable to think we would trade for him at all.
Killakobe81
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:10 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

Spent the past few years screaming at the top of my lungs PG13 ain't worth it, not at the cost of young kids. Looks like I'm going to have to spend this year doing the same thing. Butler's not worth giving up on the kids. Sign a max for free this summer. Repeat after me, sign a max for free this summer! Sign a max for free this summer! Sign a max for free this summer! Sign a max for free this summer! Sign a max for free this summer! Sign a max for free this summer! Sign a max for free this summer! Sign a max for free this summer! Sign a max for free this summer!

Man I agree with you whole-heartedly.
Why should we blow up our plans just because Lebron is signed or an overrated Butler has fallen out of favor with his 2nd consecutive team?
Lakers should be looking to build a sustained model for success rather than throwing caution to the wind because Lebron's "prime Clock", is ticking.

Look Im all about titles, but some of you might have to face the fact that this is a Gretzky type move and not a Shaq one. I hope (and think) we will win a title with LeBron but would much prefer we stay the course and not throw away our young guys with potential for overrated players like Butler. IF we can get Unibrow or Giannis, sure I trade. But Butler?!! just to pay him $30 million to miss 15 games and fight with our young players?!

What is wrong with people? we got Bron. Let's continue building. if our young guys develop they will be even more valuable in trades.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:32 am    Post subject:

Quote:
What is wrong with people? we got Bron. Let's continue building. if our young guys develop they will be even more valuable in trades.

Not sure why signing top FAs with cap space (and not trading) hurts the young guys' development.

I think KD/KL is almost 99% agreed upon by LG.

Klay/Butler is less agreement as both have some flaws in their game.

But it's incredibly naïve to think the Lakers got LBJ and are basically going to bide their time. They will use this season to see which young guys are worth keeping. I expect and 100% believe they will go all in for a championship run in 2019-21. Guys like Klay, PG, Butler who are all-stars but not necessarily great #1 guys help towards that aim.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:08 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Not sure why signing top FAs with cap space (and not trading) hurts the young guys' development.

But it's incredibly naïve to think the Lakers got LBJ and are basically going to bide their time. They will use this season to see which young guys are worth keeping. I expect and 100% believe they will go all in for a championship run in 2019-21. Guys like Klay, PG, Butler who are all-stars but not necessarily great #1 guys help towards that aim.

This sums up my thoughts as well.... I think Magic and Rob and looking for a mega FA this summer (KD or Kakwhi or Klay) and then will look to make a move for AD via trade... this is the time to evaluate what you got while also building interest in your young guys. If you love what you have, sign someone and roll with it. But if they feel like AD is the right move, then go for that...
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:25 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

This sums up my thoughts as well.... I think Magic and Rob and looking for a mega FA this summer (KD or Kakwhi or Klay) and then will look to make a move for AD via trade... this is the time to evaluate what you got while also building interest in your young guys. If you love what you have, sign someone and roll with it. But if they feel like AD is the right move, then go for that...

Not sure about the AD angle as there will be great competition for his services.

But "punting" to 2020, even with the cap raise means we'd have at best, 10m in cap space to use if we keep BI (who would have a 22m+ cap hold). So it's really this summer. I think we have a shot at KD or KL, but if we don't get them, no doubt we would offer a max to guys like Klay or Butler.

It's more interesting if they don't want to come, as then you have lower tier guys like Middleton and Kemba who may get max offers elsewhere but IMO aren't "worth" it.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:58 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Report: Karl-Anthony Towns told Timberwolves he couldn’t coexist with Jimmy Butler

https://twitter.com/basketballtalk/status/1043137829721829380?s=21
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:09 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Report: Karl-Anthony Towns told Timberwolves he couldn’t coexist with Jimmy Butler

Nice!
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:21 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:

I wouldn't want to play with someone who slept with my girlfriend either.
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:27 am    Post subject:

Butlers whack
Rivershow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:07 am    Post subject:

Lovefool wrote:
Megaton wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

Exactly. Butler is a downgrade from both those guys. Its almost laughable to think we would trade for him at all.

This. If we're not trading for Kwahi of all people who is a yearly mvp candidate, we aren't trading for Butler.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:09 am    Post subject:

Rivershow wrote:
Lovefool wrote:
Megaton wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:

This. If we're not trading for Kwahi of all people who is a yearly mvp candidate, we aren't trading for Butler.

Didn’t Larry Coon say on Spectrum that the Spurs were askin for the moon from the Lakers in regards to a Kawhi trade?
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:13 am    Post subject:

Jimmy Butler averaged 2.6 points a game at 22 years of age
He averaged 8.6 points a game at 23 years of age
He averaged 13.1 points a game at 24 years of age

Brandon Ingram averaged 16 points a game at 20 years of age
Kyle Kuzma averaged 16 points a game as a 22 year old rookie
Even Lonzo who couldn't hit the broadside of a barn managed to average 10 points a game at 20 years old.

Why the f*ck do some of you keep trying to trade away our young talent for someone who has been injury prone, when we can sign other players next season who will be as good or better than him for free?

Why do you assume our young players won't be better than him?

Thank God some of you weren't in the front office or we'd be playing with two superstars and zero depth right now and no draft picks for the foreseeable future.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:17 am    Post subject:

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/251182/Wolves-Telling-Teams-Jimmy-Butler-Not-Available-In-Trade

Looks like this hurts the Clippers/Knicks/Nets more then it does to a team that has an unhappy star, because we all know those teams are trying somehow get back into winning while the Wolves can still end up competing even if they have a disgruntled player.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:19 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:

Even Lonzo who couldn't hit the broadside of a barn managed to average 10 points a game at 20 years old.

Why the f*ck do some of you keep trying to trade away our young talent for someone who has been injury prone, when we can sign other players next season who will be as good or better than him for free?

Thank God some of you weren't in the front office or we'd be playing with two superstars and zero depth right now and no draft picks for the foreseeable future.

I can't recall anyone on LG saying we should trade for him.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:21 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

I can't recall anyone on LG saying we should trade for him.

I was addressing the theoretical trade above. If we sign him as a free agent fine... though KD, Kawhi, Klay would be ahead of him in my book.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:30 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:

*Sees Obama become POTUS*

"Man, it's easy for everybody born in Hawaii to be president!"
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

*Sees Obama become POTUS*

"Man, it's easy for everybody born in Hawaii to be president!"

Ha. Yeah, it's interesting when people think NBA players all develop on similar linear trajectories.

There are outliers, and Butler was one of them. Then you have guys who start out super strong and fade (i.e. Tyreke Evans).
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 72 of 8560
Jump to: