OFFICIAL 2018-2019 FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD (Available 2019 FAs, LAL Cap Space & KD, KL & AD Scenarios, p.1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 846, 847, 848 ... 892, 893, 894  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:42 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
PengShow wrote:
lonzobryant wrote:
I'm just sayin PG13 is a leading candidate to win MVP and DPOY

I doubt LeBron even gets first team all NBA and it's only gonna get worse from here.

We didn't trade for him, or we did but didn't go all in. He was traded to OKC and he chose to stay during his FA.

There's not much you can in that position, crying over spilled milk.

Because of how we treated his agents clients in DLO and Randle, PG didn't even want a meeting with us.

Forgot about Mintz. I hate him so damn much

Don't forget we never had a chance to trade for him in 2017. Pacers owner accused us of tampering and refused to even talk to us (I love - maybe not in this case - how history always repeats itself).
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:45 am    Post subject:

I like the idea of signing Markieff if he's healthy..but if not, after Embid's assault on us yesterday...anyone think Gortat would be a decent signing? Just curious since it seems like McGee gets overwhelmed by physical centers and Chandler is just too old.
LakerSD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:53 am    Post subject:

Knicks have to know they got KD coming or they will be the laughing stock for this:

Quote:
Nobody is being particularly subtle these days in the NBA. The Los Angeles Lakers are going hard after Anthony Davis, LeBron James is going hard after … everyone. And now, the New York Knicks are going after Kevin Durant.

I think.

In a recent message to season ticket holders, the Knicks included imagery that was highly selective. Several New York fans posted photos of the message, which asked folks to renew their tickets with a photo of Mitchell Robinson being guarded by Durant.

The Knicks have apparently already taken down the photo, but the fact remains that this appears to be how business is being done in today’s NBA.

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2019/02/11/the-knicks-used-a-picture-of-kevin-durant-in-ticket-renewal-messaging/
RetroNikes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:58 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
I like the idea of signing Markieff if he's healthy..but if not, after Embid's assault on us yesterday...anyone think Gortat would be a decent signing? Just curious since it seems like McGee gets overwhelmed by physical centers and Chandler is just too old.

Lakers already have 3 centers. They need another shooter off the bench who can play the 3/4.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:00 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Knicks have to know they got KD coming or they will be the laughing stock for this:

Quote:
Nobody is being particularly subtle these days in the NBA. The Los Angeles Lakers are going hard after Anthony Davis, LeBron James is going hard after … everyone. And now, the New York Knicks are going after Kevin Durant.

I think.

In a recent message to season ticket holders, the Knicks included imagery that was highly selective. Several New York fans posted photos of the message, which asked folks to renew their tickets with a photo of Mitchell Robinson being guarded by Durant.

The Knicks have apparently already taken down the photo, but the fact remains that this appears to be how business is being done in today’s NBA.

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2019/02/11/the-knicks-used-a-picture-of-kevin-durant-in-ticket-renewal-messaging/

NBA: "nothing to see here."
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:23 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Quote:

I think.

NBA: "nothing to see here."

It's only tampering when it's the Lakers.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:27 am    Post subject:

^^^my favorite part was Durant appeared to be more clearly pictured than Robinson.
Jesusdelonla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:46 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
^^^my favorite part was Durant appeared to be more clearly pictured than Robinson.

yupe
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:59 am    Post subject:

drae wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
PengShow wrote:
lonzobryant wrote:

I doubt LeBron even gets first team all NBA and it's only gonna get worse from here.

We didn't trade for him, or we did but didn't go all in. He was traded to OKC and he chose to stay during his FA.

Because of how we treated his agents clients in DLO and Randle, PG didn't even want a meeting with us.

Why should fans hate Mintz for doing what any reasonable agent would have done?

This is where the FO should be held accountable for losing PG. If their relationship was poor, then it was up to the FO to fix that relationship with Mintz ASAP given PG as a top FA target.

Could have traded Ingram instead of Russell so that you don't sour relations with Mintz.

Last edited by dabask11 on Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Jesusdelonla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:00 am    Post subject:

its funny how the clippers are innovative with stocking Kawhi at each game
Knicks are innovative with Knicks throwing KD on season renewal
bucks owner says we might become attractive to AD.

but nobody gets tampering fines. only lakers

comedy
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:00 am    Post subject:

If you're PG, and you let your agent, who works for you, dictate whether you go to the team that you said you've dreamed about playing for, that says a lot about how easily influenced you are.

I mean, didn't even have the courtesy to meet with Magic/Jeannie but had all that time to do that asinine 3 part ESPN documentary.

And I really wanted PG13.
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:02 am    Post subject:

The Knicks have maintained their arrogance while being one of the worst run organizations in sports history. Here’s their ads from 2012.

"It's Friday night. You can either go out and attempt to pick up sixes and sevens or stay home and watch Kidd dish out dimes."

And this ad right after Spider-Man on Broadway had a harness malfunction and broke his back.

"It's Friday night. You can either see a Broadway harness malfunctioning or you can watch real men fly."

Obviously they were going after the DBag, Jersey Shore crowd. Very low class for a pricey organization. Imagine if the Lakers did that?
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:03 am    Post subject:

dabask11 wrote:
drae wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
PengShow wrote:
lonzobryant wrote:

Why should fans hate Mintz for doing what any reasonable agent would do?

This is where the FO should be held accountable for losing PG. If their relationship was poor, then it's up to the FO to fix that relationship with Mintz ASAP given PG was as a top FA target.

Could have traded Ingram instead of Russell so that you don't sour relations with Mintz.

That was the whole reason for releasing Randle when he was a RFA. Just my opinion of course. Randle wanted out immediately after we signed Lebron.
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:04 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:

comedy

They send Clippers reps to a lot (if not all) of Kawhi’s games this season. The Clips also hired Lee Jenkins from SI to do their player branding, specifically with Kawhi in mind. They are probably gonna get their man.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:05 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:

comedy

What's worse, they have a parade each year where they have Lakers banners painted on the floor. The owners proceed to walk over it, spitting at it, burning down Lakers flags.

Then they all go to the bank to cash the Lakers revenue share check.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:06 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
If you're PG, and you let your agent, who works for you, dictate whether you go to the team that you said you've dreamed about playing for, that says a lot about how easily influenced you are.

I mean, didn't even have the courtesy to meet with Magic/Jeannie but had all that time to do that asinine 3 part ESPN documentary.

So we shouldn't want AD because Rich Paul is dictating him to sign/trade with the Lakers?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:07 am    Post subject:

dabask11 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

So we shouldn't want AD because Rich Paul is dictating him to sign/trade with the Lakers?

Are you sure it's not AD who wants to leave the Pels (one of the worst TV ratings/market/exposure) to join the Lakers?

HE left his previous agency to join Klutch. B/c he knew he'd probably want out of the Pels and needed an aggressive agent to help.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:38 am    Post subject:

PG13 was never much in play after going to OKC. He is so much of a beta male he let Westbrook son him up where he didnt want to disappoint his BFF by abandoning him.
3)Trade for AD
LakerSD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:41 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

1. Lakers get tampering fines and are being watched/investigated while the rest of the league tampers away.

2. Pels do not negotiate in good faith, but expect the welfare benefits from the Lakers revenue sharing.

3. Coaches and executives going around and telling other executives in the league not to trade with the Lakers.

3 strikes...time for Jeanie to flex at the next owners/cba meetings.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:46 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

1. Lakers get tampering fines and are being watched/investigated while the rest of the league tampers away.

2. Pels do not negotiate in good faith, but expect the welfare benefits from the Lakers revenue sharing.

3. Coaches and executives going around and telling other executives in the league not to trade with the Lakers.

Nothing she can realistically do.
LakerSD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:49 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Nothing she can realistically do.

Probably not, it’s just a complete joke. I guess we just rely on some karma.
Jesusdelonla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:50 am    Post subject:

Quote:

"Rob Pelinka called me and said that Ben (Simmons) wanted to talk to Hall of Famers after the season, Magic was on the list. He asked for authorization... I said no. This was over a month ago." - Elton Brand shooting down the Ben/Magic meeting 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

dumb and dumber.
Sentient Meat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:55 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
PG13 was never much in play after going to OKC. He is so much of a beta male he let Westbrook son him up where he didnt want to disappoint his BFF by abandoning him.

Better having a beta player than having a beta management who subjugates themselves to a sports agency.

Last edited by Sentient Meat on Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:02 am; edited 1 time in total
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:00 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Are you sure it's not AD who wants to leave the Pels (one of the worst TV ratings/market/exposure) to join the Lakers?

HE left his previous agency to join Klutch. B/c he knew he'd probably want out of the Pels and needed an aggressive agent to help.

So why does he need an agressive agent to help on that part? He's a top 5 player so why does he need such help to get out? I guess it shows how easily he's influenced as well.

What AD and PG have shown is that agents are important. You have to take them into consideration regardless of how you feel about the player. Even Emplay noted this when he says we signed KCP "as a favor to klutch sports" in relations to signing Lebron.

Why the FO didn't realize this with PG is a bit baffling.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:02 am    Post subject:

dabask11 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

So why does he need an agressive agent to help on that part? He's a top 5 player so why does he need such help to get out? I guess it shows how easily he's influenced as well.

What AD and PG have shown is that agents are important. You have to take them into consideration regardless of how you feel about the player. Even Emplay noted this when he says we signed KCP "as a favor to klutch sports" in relations to signing Lebron.

Why the FO didn't realize this with PG is a bit baffling.

But PG13 was a FREE AGENT.

AD is not. He was looking for someone that would aggressively try to get him out.

If you can't see the difference, we're done here.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 846, 847, 848 ... 892, 893, 894  Next
Page 847 of 894
Jump to: