OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1330, 1331, 1332 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 1:31 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
YSong wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
Sign butler and Irving
Resign McGee draft Rui.

Yes ... so how do that with 1 max slot

Make a deal, 20 for Butler 25 for Irving.sign with us. we will give you the Kobe deal later

Two years of max (or very near) to players who are on the definite downside of their careers? That will be an extremelty heavy burdern on the team salary when it comes time to make the payoffs to Butler and Irving.

Since there should be nothing written on paper about the agreements, how would Butler and Irving be certain that they would actually get the money due to them in a future contract?

Lakers look like crap right now if they want to save face, they will need to do some dumb signing like the above stated.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 1:38 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
Lakers.priorty in order

Kl
Kd
Irving
Butler
Harris
AD

KD
Kawhi
Irving
Kemba
Butler
AD

Anybody but Harris

Del Harris

Ed Harris

i lol'd
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 1:48 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:
Kuz is borderline unplayable if he's not hitting 3s.

I disagree. Kuz is not only the quickest of the youth, but he is the one that is most active off ball. He has great instincts and a hell of a stroke that can be improved upon on the catch and shoot, not to mention reliable on the break finish. Every single one of our players can be utilized by a great puzzle piece coach that can accentuate skill set and put together a champion of a club. By the time they realize their potential our guys will have the confidence, quickness and length to disrupt the clubs in the west. We have proven to be a top 4 team in our conference when fully healthy and without the threat of a PoBO with an itchy trigger finger. Take away the threat of continuity disruption, and we are at worst a contender.

Disagree, he is a big who can’t play defense or rebound. If his shot isn’t there he brings little value.

I can see how you think that. Kuz definitely needs to work on improving aspects of his alround game and his consistency. But I don't think you're factoring in comps fairly. For example, compare Kuz to Mirotic since they both play PF. Mirotic can be an absolute cone on defense and rebounding at times. Kuzma is not that bad, not by a long shot. I'd venture that the Bucks would have closed out this series with Toronto if they had Kuz instead of Mirotic.

Last edited by LAL1947 on Fri May 24, 2019 1:51 pm; edited 3 times in total
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 1:49 pm    Post subject:

YSong wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
Sign butler and Irving
Resign McGee draft Rui.

We could use an IOU.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 1:51 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
YSong wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
Sign butler and Irving
Resign McGee draft Rui.

Make a deal, 20 for Butler 25 for Irving.sign with us. we will give you the Kobe deal later

That would put them an injury away from loosing a lot of money;
Not happening
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Anyone else piping about 2 of Kyrie, Jimmy, Kawhi opting in for a sign and trade?
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 1:58 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Day wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
Day wrote:
I think people are so set on becoming championship favorites next year that they are losing perspective. We haven't made the playoffs in 6 years, if 2 years ago someone said "hey you're going to get LeBron and Jimmy" or "LeBron and Kyrie" to LAL we would have all been ecstatic.

Lonzo / Kyrie / LeBron / Kuz / McGee ( i don't think Lopez will come back )
Lonzo / Jimmy / Ingram / LeBron / McGee

Both of those lineups are really good and each have a really good 6th man in either Kuz or Ingram coming off the bench, I prefer the first one because I would like Ingram to be able to lead the second unit whereas I think Kuz is a really good complimentary piece with LeBron in the starting lineup especially if he improves his outside shot but at the same time the lineup with Jimmy is really good defensively.

I think we only trade for AD if we get another star to commit, though. I would hate to trade our entire core for AD and then *only* have LeBron+AD and vets, I don't think that roster would be anywhere near as good as the first two with keeping the core and adding a star.

Ingram starts in either of those lineups. Lebron would have to play the 4. Kuz doesn't even shoot the three ball better than Ingram and you're going to need defense alongside Kyrie and Bron.

You can't really say Kuz doesnt' shoot the 3 better than Ingram when Kuz shoots at a much higher volume. Kuz is better off the ball and is a better slasher than BI, BI needs the ball in his hands more to ISO.

IIRC BI's ISO stats were among the best in the league so if we let him run the bench and play against opponents bench he would absolutely feast.

Agree

False.. Ingram is among the league leaders in off ball movement on offense. Him and Kuz are neck and neck as far as numbers are concerned in that area.

He is not a very good cutter. Kuz is a good one. Just accept it and move on.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 2:06 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
epak wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
Lakers.priorty in order

Kl
Kd
Irving
Butler
Harris
AD

KD
Kawhi
Irving
Kemba
Butler
AD

Anybody but Harris

Del Harris

Ed Harris

i lol'd

I didn't.

Del Harris was funny, tho.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 2:15 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Kava wrote:
https://thebiglead.com/2019/05/24/jimmy-butler-wants-lakers-lebron-james/

Great news - JB Wants to be a Laker

I think he is gonna stay in Philly or sign with the Nets.

Both of those are possibilities but why not the Lakers?
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 2:17 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Day wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
Day wrote:
I think people are so set on becoming championship favorites next year that they are losing perspective. We haven't made the playoffs in 6 years, if 2 years ago someone said "hey you're going to get LeBron and Jimmy" or "LeBron and Kyrie" to LAL we would have all been ecstatic.

Both of those lineups are really good and each have a really good 6th man in either Kuz or Ingram coming off the bench, I prefer the first one because I would like Ingram to be able to lead the second unit whereas I think Kuz is a really good complimentary piece with LeBron in the starting lineup especially if he improves his outside shot but at the same time the lineup with Jimmy is really good defensively.

I think we only trade for AD if we get another star to commit, though. I would hate to trade our entire core for AD and then *only* have LeBron+AD and vets, I don't think that roster would be anywhere near as good as the first two with keeping the core and adding a star.

Ingram starts in either of those lineups. Lebron would have to play the 4. Kuz doesn't even shoot the three ball better than Ingram and you're going to need defense alongside Kyrie and Bron.

You can't really say Kuz doesnt' shoot the 3 better than Ingram when Kuz shoots at a much higher volume. Kuz is better off the ball and is a better slasher than BI, BI needs the ball in his hands more to ISO.

IIRC BI's ISO stats were among the best in the league so if we let him run the bench and play against opponents bench he would absolutely feast.

Agree

False.. Ingram is among the league leaders in off ball movement on offense. Him and Kuz are neck and neck as far as numbers are concerned in that area.

Don't start with the silly shet.. Accept what you say and move on? You should know not to respond to me in that manner.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 2:18 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
epak wrote:
Chronicle wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
Lakers.priorty in order

Kl
Kd
Irving
Butler
Harris
AD

KD
Kawhi
Irving
Kemba
Butler
AD

Anybody but Harris

Del Harris

Ed Harris

i lol'd

I didn't.

Del Harris was funny, tho.

Neil Patrick Harris?
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 2:18 pm    Post subject:

BlackStarMamba wrote:
in Todays NBA you cannot win a championship that quickly. What was the last team to miss playoffs and win a chip the next season? regardless of roster. I think Boston big three did it in their first year today. But that was also a different time.

so we are looking at 2021 - lebron would be 36

whens the last time (in recent NBA era) your best player or 2nd best player was 36 or older and the team won a championship? Besides Tim Duncan <---i aint got time for the research. I think jordan was 34 when he won his 6th. Dirk was 33 when he won his. Kobe won his last at 32.

Fake news who are you to say for sure trust we can’t win it all in year one? Who’s been to the finals more than LABron currently in the NBA? Boston did it with less experience and none of those guys was on James level today. So never say they can’t do it.
MrBigPimpin
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 2:19 pm    Post subject:

https://i.ibb.co/30QQgxf/lakers.jpg
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 2:20 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
The lament of this season is that our young guys didn't get a rep of playoff experience.

Celts/76ers kids have had a few years now.

But the hope is that our kids in their first experiecne can play well like Jamal Murray did in his first playoff run.

I have no doubt that Kuz and Ingram will show up. I’d be more concerned about whatever shooters we pick up.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 2:20 pm    Post subject:

MrBigPimpin wrote:
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 2:21 pm    Post subject:

I wonder if Kemba decides to leave if Jordan doesn't give him the super max.
MrBigPimpin
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 2:23 pm    Post subject:

Thugnomoe wrote:
MrBigPimpin wrote:

how do i post that as an image instead of a link? it's the new super duper team. if we can get 2 out of 4, with Bron we're good.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 2:24 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Who do you all believe would have done better?

Kyrie
Redick
Simmons
Harris
Embiid

Simmons
Redick
Butler
Harris
Embiid

Because of Ben Simmons' non existent shooting ability, having Kyrie on the Sixers instead of Jimmy improves them.

I understand why you chose the better shooter but Jimmy is an alpha or at least he believes he’s one and if you watched the playoffs. He was phillys leader and big shot maker. Kyrie isn’t a leader just yet.
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 2:33 pm    Post subject:

If lebron wants Butler and Leonard, we better trade all the young kids and go all in now
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 2:33 pm    Post subject:

MrBigPimpin wrote:
Thugnomoe wrote:
MrBigPimpin wrote:

how do i post that as an image instead of a link? it's the new super duper team. if we can get 2 out of 4, with Bron we're good.

you can't. unless you're a mod. and its beyond pipe dream.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 2:41 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Day wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
Day wrote:

Agree

Don't start with the silly shet.. Accept what you say and move on? You should know not to respond to me in that manner.

Lying to yourself is setting yourself up for disappointment. I’m trying to protect you from yourself.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 2:43 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Kava wrote:
https://thebiglead.com/2019/05/24/jimmy-butler-wants-lakers-lebron-james/

Great news - JB Wants to be a Laker

I think he is gonna stay in Philly or sign with the Nets.

Both of those are possibilities but why not the Lakers?

Do you still want him if Irving or Kawhi is possible?
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 2:46 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Day wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
Day wrote:

Agree

Lying to yourself is setting yourself up for disappointment. I’m trying to protect you from yourself.

Make sense..
You're not doing anything other than attempting to be an antagonist.. It's Friday, give it a rest.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 3:10 pm    Post subject:

Just hope the Lakers have a Plan A, Plan B
and plan C.
And able to go from plan to plan without sacrificing the lower plans.
This is critical.

Otherwise, may be as before and end up with Mosgov/Deng.

If can't do it go to the next plan. But get something positive.

What would be your plan A, plan B, and C?
And when would you move on?

This is what I hope the FO is smart enough to do. But doubt it.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 3:11 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Day wrote:
NBALakerLegends wrote:
Day wrote:

Agree

Make sense..
You're not doing anything other than attempting to be an antagonist.. It's Friday, give it a rest.

Ok, lesson learned. Sometimes you gotta let kids put the fork in the outlet to learn.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 1330, 1331, 1332 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 1331 of 8560
Jump to: