OFFICIAL 2018-2019 FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD (Available 2019 FAs & LAL Cap Space, p.1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 217, 218, 219 ... 240, 241, 242  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Dec 2008
Posts: 4927
Location: LA

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:30 pm    Post subject:

Any chance we can sign Porzingod next year? If Knicks get a big name free agent perhaps they won’t won’t to match an offer sheet for porzingod and be in tax territory (?). Any chance?
_________________
Billions Billions Billions
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Mar 2016
Posts: 1400

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:03 pm    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:
Any chance we can sign Porzingod next year? If Knicks get a big name free agent perhaps they won’t won’t to match an offer sheet for porzingod and be in tax territory (?). Any chance?


Except any big free agent that goes there will most likely want Porzingis there
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 Jul 2004
Posts: 1713

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:10 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
Quote:
And yet one rival executive calls the Clippers “the most attractive free-agent situation of all of them, because none of the available free agents want to be LeBron’s caddy. And they can become the greatest player in the history of a franchise in an unbelievable market with the wealthiest owner in the league. Why would that not thrill you?”


I read that puff piece on the Clippers. Couldn't tell if Beck was being tongue in cheek when describing Balmer's ridiculous sales pitch . I expect them to finish as an 11 or 12 seed. Don't really see any big free agents going there but I think most of them will stay put anyway.
_________________
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
durden-tyler
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Dec 2003
Posts: 1032

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:25 am    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:
Any chance we can sign Porzingod next year? If Knicks get a big name free agent perhaps they won’t won’t to match an offer sheet for porzingod and be in tax territory (?). Any chance?


No. Even the Knicks woudn't be that stupid...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 94749
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:19 am    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
LKA wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
I think Minny would want BI/KCP (filler)/future 1st as a beginning deal.

However, BI/Wiggins seem redundant.


Imo no team is gonna trade us an allstar without demanding a package centered around BI, Kuzma or both.


I don't think teams value Kuz over BI. IMO they probably value the team's assets:

1. BI
2. Lonzo (not for everyone, thanks Dad Ball).
3. Kuz
4. Hart


You have to take into consideration salary here.

Lonzo next year will make $8.2m. Kuzma and Hart will each make $1.9m.

If the Lakers are trying to create a win-now roster, Hart and Kuzma are more valuable commodities given their impact at their salary.


I was trying to see it from other teams' perspective.

I agree with you about contract value. Hart/Kuz far outpacing their salary.

BI is in the red zone now where he needs to justify an extension or be a trade asset next season.
_________________
RIP LM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 94749
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:25 am    Post subject:

Finally started playing NBA2K19 and traded for Ariza. Had this as my rotation:

Lonzo
Ariza
BI
LBJ
Javale

-reduces the # of ball dominant players in the starting lineup, improves defense.

A bench of:

Rondo
Hart
Lance/Svi
Kuz
Tyson.

That's a really well balanced and competitive team.

Still hoping it can happen somehow. I've always liked Ariza and wished he could have had more years as a Laker.
_________________
RIP LM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2002
Posts: 11697

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:40 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Still hoping it can happen somehow. I've always liked Ariza and wished he could have had more years as a Laker.


That's on Trevor. He overvalued himself when there was a ready replacement in MWP.
_________________
Suck it, whiners. I have TWC!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 94749
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:47 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Still hoping it can happen somehow. I've always liked Ariza and wished he could have had more years as a Laker.


That's on Trevor. He overvalued himself when there was a ready replacement in MWP.


Oh, I get that. Just think there's a better way to end this story. Go on a championship run with the Lakers at the end of his career. Let a brother dream for a minute.
_________________
RIP LM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jesusdelonla
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jan 2018
Posts: 4119

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:15 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Finally started playing NBA2K19 and traded for Ariza. Had this as my rotation:

Lonzo
Ariza
BI
LBJ
Javale

-reduces the # of ball dominant players in the starting lineup, improves defense.

A bench of:

Rondo
Hart
Lance/Svi
Kuz
Tyson.

That's a really well balanced and competitive team.

Still hoping it can happen somehow. I've always liked Ariza and wished he could have had more years as a Laker.


U say reduce ball dominant players in starting lineup and u removed the best guy that plays off ball in the starting lineup

Hmm

And Ariza is not starting for me in real life and in a video game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 94749
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:21 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Finally started playing NBA2K19 and traded for Ariza. Had this as my rotation:

Lonzo
Ariza
BI
LBJ
Javale

-reduces the # of ball dominant players in the starting lineup, improves defense.

A bench of:

Rondo
Hart
Lance/Svi
Kuz
Tyson.

That's a really well balanced and competitive team.

Still hoping it can happen somehow. I've always liked Ariza and wished he could have had more years as a Laker.


U say reduce ball dominant players in starting lineup and u removed the best guy that plays off ball in the starting lineup

Hmm

And Ariza is not starting for me in real life and in a video game.


This is hypothetical, but you're missing a few things.

1. Ariza is a 3/D guy with low usage and has been a consistent above 35% 3 point shooter on high volume. He also defends 4 positions (did an admirable job on Steph in the playoffs last year).

2. Our bench unit needs a go-to scorer. I think Kuz can be that man.

So in the starting group you have 3 guys who do not need high usage (Lonzo/Ariza/JaVale) but play defense. That means LBJ/BI get the ball more. 2nd unit with Kuz feasts; he can be a 6th man candidate.
_________________
RIP LM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
laker50
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Mar 2014
Posts: 1373

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:22 am    Post subject:

Kuzma and Hart appear to be contributing and are valuable parts of the rotation. And at their salary they are great bargains.
And at low acquisition cost.
Ingram seems to be coming around and once he gets consistent will be an asset.
Lonzo for his position in the draft is not delivering. He still haven't found his shot. His defense and passing will keep him in games. But his poor FT percentage makes him a liability at the end of games.
The Lakers need just one more consistent scorer and closer to be a contender.
Would make Kemba Walker and Middleton the targets next year as they are possible to sign if paid.
Rondo, McGee, Chandler, Stephenson are playing well enough to be brought back next year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 94749
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:32 am    Post subject:

BTW, what the heck happened with Josh Jackson? Barely playing and averaging 7/2/2? They have young wings that need to play and develop in TJ/Jackson/Bridges.
_________________
RIP LM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 60043
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:32 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
BTW, what the heck happened with Josh Jackson? Barely playing and averaging 7/2/2? They have young wings that need to play and develop in TJ/Jackson/Bridges.


He can't shoot, has 2-option vision, needs to get a step through running curls off screens, gets pushed around a bit.
_________________
Resident Car Nut.
Jarrett Culver, Ky Bowman, Jontay Porter, Bruno Fernando, Shamorie Ponds, Miye Oni, Jalen Hudson, Lindell Wigginton, PJ Washington, Matisse Thybulle, Cam Johnson, Carson Edwards, Lugentz Dort, Admiral Schofield @bball-index
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 94749
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:34 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BTW, what the heck happened with Josh Jackson? Barely playing and averaging 7/2/2? They have young wings that need to play and develop in TJ/Jackson/Bridges.


He can't shoot, has 2-option vision, needs to get a step through running curls off screens, gets pushed around a bit.


I thought he could at least be a Gerald Wallace energy guy. Maybe he needs to bring back his hair.
_________________
RIP LM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 94749
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:35 am    Post subject:

The Ariza/Anderson signings/trades make no sense to me. What are they doing with these guys? I wouldn't be surprised if they're bought out and they clean house and "tank" (new lottery system and odds notwithstanding).
_________________
RIP LM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jesusdelonla
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jan 2018
Posts: 4119

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:42 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Finally started playing NBA2K19 and traded for Ariza. Had this as my rotation:

Lonzo
Ariza
BI
LBJ
Javale

-reduces the # of ball dominant players in the starting lineup, improves defense.

A bench of:

Rondo
Hart
Lance/Svi
Kuz
Tyson.

That's a really well balanced and competitive team.

Still hoping it can happen somehow. I've always liked Ariza and wished he could have had more years as a Laker.


U say reduce ball dominant players in starting lineup and u removed the best guy that plays off ball in the starting lineup

Hmm

And Ariza is not starting for me in real life and in a video game.


This is hypothetical, but you're missing a few things.

1. Ariza is a 3/D guy with low usage and has been a consistent above 35% 3 point shooter on high volume. He also defends 4 positions (did an admirable job on Steph in the playoffs last year).

2. Our bench unit needs a go-to scorer. I think Kuz can be that man.

So in the starting group you have 3 guys who do not need high usage (Lonzo/Ariza/JaVale) but play defense. That means LBJ/BI get the ball more. 2nd unit with Kuz feasts; he can be a 6th man candidate.


Why not put the iso guy BI on bench if u need bench scoring?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 94749
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:44 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Finally started playing NBA2K19 and traded for Ariza. Had this as my rotation:

Lonzo
Ariza
BI
LBJ
Javale

-reduces the # of ball dominant players in the starting lineup, improves defense.

A bench of:

Rondo
Hart
Lance/Svi
Kuz
Tyson.

That's a really well balanced and competitive team.

Still hoping it can happen somehow. I've always liked Ariza and wished he could have had more years as a Laker.


U say reduce ball dominant players in starting lineup and u removed the best guy that plays off ball in the starting lineup

Hmm

And Ariza is not starting for me in real life and in a video game.


This is hypothetical, but you're missing a few things.

1. Ariza is a 3/D guy with low usage and has been a consistent above 35% 3 point shooter on high volume. He also defends 4 positions (did an admirable job on Steph in the playoffs last year).

2. Our bench unit needs a go-to scorer. I think Kuz can be that man.

So in the starting group you have 3 guys who do not need high usage (Lonzo/Ariza/JaVale) but play defense. That means LBJ/BI get the ball more. 2nd unit with Kuz feasts; he can be a 6th man candidate.


Why not put the iso guy BI on bench if u need bench scoring?


Because offense isn't the problem with the starting unit (and you know I love me some Kuz). With BI/Ariza/Lonzo you may have one of the best perimeter defensive trios. Then you add Kuz's scoring firepower off the bench? Damn.
_________________
RIP LM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 May 2013
Posts: 4821

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:47 am    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
LKA wrote:
Quote:
And yet one rival executive calls the Clippers “the most attractive free-agent situation of all of them, because none of the available free agents want to be LeBron’s caddy. And they can become the greatest player in the history of a franchise in an unbelievable market with the wealthiest owner in the league. Why would that not thrill you?”


I read that puff piece on the Clippers. Couldn't tell if Beck was being tongue in cheek when describing Balmer's ridiculous sales pitch . I expect them to finish as an 11 or 12 seed. Don't really see any big free agents going there but I think most of them will stay put anyway.


Isn’t it funny that when LeBron was on another team, media labeled him as the free agent magnet, everyone wants to join team LeBron but no one wants to come here play with Kobe. Now that he’s on our team, the narrative takes a 180 degree turn. The hatred for the Lakers is alive and well.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 6254

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BTW, what the heck happened with Josh Jackson? Barely playing and averaging 7/2/2? They have young wings that need to play and develop in TJ/Jackson/Bridges.


He can't shoot, has 2-option vision, needs to get a step through running curls off screens, gets pushed around a bit.


Got to be rough being a Suns fan. So many draft pick misses.

Booker is good and Ayton is not a bad pick, just don’t know if I would have picked him #1. I prefer Doncic especially in today’s game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 94749
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:39 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BTW, what the heck happened with Josh Jackson? Barely playing and averaging 7/2/2? They have young wings that need to play and develop in TJ/Jackson/Bridges.


He can't shoot, has 2-option vision, needs to get a step through running curls off screens, gets pushed around a bit.


Got to be rough being a Suns fan. So many draft pick misses.

Booker is good and Ayton is not a bad pick, just don’t know if I would have picked him #1. I prefer Doncic especially in today’s game.


I think they're in decent shape. Need to get some defenders around these guys. Booker will be a 25-30ppg scorer from now until his prime. Ayton will be a low post scoring option. But everywhere else they should get 3/D guys.
_________________
RIP LM
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jesusdelonla
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jan 2018
Posts: 4119

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:42 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BTW, what the heck happened with Josh Jackson? Barely playing and averaging 7/2/2? They have young wings that need to play and develop in TJ/Jackson/Bridges.


He can't shoot, has 2-option vision, needs to get a step through running curls off screens, gets pushed around a bit.


Got to be rough being a Suns fan. So many draft pick misses.

Booker is good and Ayton is not a bad pick, just don’t know if I would have picked him #1. I prefer Doncic especially in today’s game.


or trae young. they have a real need at PG. in today's perimeter league u need a guard/forward and not a center
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 09 Jul 2004
Posts: 1713

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BTW, what the heck happened with Josh Jackson? Barely playing and averaging 7/2/2? They have young wings that need to play and develop in TJ/Jackson/Bridges.


He can't shoot, has 2-option vision, needs to get a step through running curls off screens, gets pushed around a bit.


Got to be rough being a Suns fan. So many draft pick misses.

Booker is good and Ayton is not a bad pick, just don’t know if I would have picked him #1. I prefer Doncic especially in today’s game.


or trae young. they have a real need at PG. in today's perimeter league u need a guard/forward and not a center


Have you seen Trae Young's stats?
_________________
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jan 2013
Posts: 5913

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:46 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
manlisten wrote:
LKA wrote:
Quote:
And yet one rival executive calls the Clippers “the most attractive free-agent situation of all of them, because none of the available free agents want to be LeBron’s caddy. And they can become the greatest player in the history of a franchise in an unbelievable market with the wealthiest owner in the league. Why would that not thrill you?”


I read that puff piece on the Clippers. Couldn't tell if Beck was being tongue in cheek when describing Balmer's ridiculous sales pitch . I expect them to finish as an 11 or 12 seed. Don't really see any big free agents going there but I think most of them will stay put anyway.


Isn’t it funny that when LeBron was on another team, media labeled him as the free agent magnet, everyone wants to join team LeBron but no one wants to come here play with Kobe. Now that he’s on our team, the narrative takes a 180 degree turn. The hatred for the Lakers is alive and well.


1. He went from Cleveland to Miami the same time as Bosh. the free agents that went to Miami after that played on cheap contracts because Bosh, Wade and LeBron were the bulk of the team salary.

2. He went from Miami to Cleveland and they traded for Love shortly after that.

3. He went from Cleveland to LA and they signed vets on one year contracts to maintain flexibility.


Players that I would consider to be part of LeBron's generation.

Wade and Melo are washed up or already out of the league (Bosh).

CP3 still has some game, but maybe not for much longer.


Durant, Butler, Paul George etc are somewhat younger and considered more independent of LeBron than the older players mentioned above.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 60043
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:48 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
BTW, what the heck happened with Josh Jackson? Barely playing and averaging 7/2/2? They have young wings that need to play and develop in TJ/Jackson/Bridges.


He can't shoot, has 2-option vision, needs to get a step through running curls off screens, gets pushed around a bit.


Got to be rough being a Suns fan. So many draft pick misses.

Booker is good and Ayton is not a bad pick, just don’t know if I would have picked him #1. I prefer Doncic especially in today’s game.


They stole Booker. Ayton is fine, just needs patience. Even then he's already putting up numbers.

Their coach though? That dude is underrated. Suns lack experience on the team, and they're not cohesive defensively. Melton gets no PT. I think JJ was more of an intangibles pick, just like Sexton was. Mikal Bridges and TJ Warren are legit. They're actually around where the Lakers were just last year, except they don't have a quality point guard. There's an argument, and a relatively fair one, that their drafting is PERFECTLY fine, and even with the miss in JJ and Bender, the rest of the guys are at expectation or overachieving.
_________________
Resident Car Nut.
Jarrett Culver, Ky Bowman, Jontay Porter, Bruno Fernando, Shamorie Ponds, Miye Oni, Jalen Hudson, Lindell Wigginton, PJ Washington, Matisse Thybulle, Cam Johnson, Carson Edwards, Lugentz Dort, Admiral Schofield @bball-index
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 128251
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:59 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Still hoping it can happen somehow. I've always liked Ariza and wished he could have had more years as a Laker.


That's on Trevor. He overvalued himself when there was a ready replacement in MWP.


And if bought out he will go back to the team that shunned him instead of the team that paid him?
_________________
Happy 242nd birthday to the US Marine Corp
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 217, 218, 219 ... 240, 241, 242  Next
Page 218 of 242
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB