OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 245, 246, 247 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:33 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Players can't tamper, right?

a little old, but i was not on the board much the couple days around Chandler joining....but I saw some reports of GM's claiming the Suns bought out Tyson so early as a favor to Lebron because of his relationship to the Suns GM (Jones). How would the NBA handle that if there is any hint of truth to it? The NBA has never held players responsible or their teams for tampering if it was the players actions....would that be the same if a player had contact with another GM that helped the players current team?
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:35 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
bluehill wrote:
I haven't been following the pending KD free agency that closely, so why would KD want to leave? I guess now there's some chemistry issues, but it seems like the rumors that he was going to leave were out there before this dustup. GSW seems like a well run team and their window is still open.

I don’t know why he would want to leave. Word is that he is interested in Silicon Valley and investments. If so SF is a perfect place for him. The only owners that come to mind who could mentor him would be Cuban or Balmer.

Reasons why I think the Clippers make some sense for him:

1) He would absolutely be the man there.

2) They have a good roster and no terrible contracts.

3) He'd be in the same city with Lebron and could really play up that rivalry to his advantage (especially relative to doing the opposite and giving in to it by joining the Lakers).

4) LA is very close to SF and he could maintain his Silicon Valley interests (in addition to the Balmer point you made).

5) Bringing a chip to the Clippers would boost his legacy a lot.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:35 pm    Post subject:

I don't think Durant is coming. But our front office has already surprised me once.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:37 pm    Post subject:

From laker fans perspective I’m loving every minute of this KD green saga. But for GS, it’s about time to reign green in and remind him who pays his bills, not the owner of the team, but KD and Steph Curry. Green’s loud mouth piece of crap is full of himself, put him on any other team not name Warriors, he’d be a forgotten rotation player, a dime a dozen sf/pf tweener. Steph and KD made him look good, not the other way around.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:46 pm    Post subject:

https://i.lensdump.com/i/AdzVfe.jpg
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:48 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
From laker fans perspective I’m loving every minute of this KD green saga. But for GS, it’s about time to reign green in and remind him who pays his bills, not the owner of the team, but KD and Steph Curry. Green’s loud mouth piece of crap is full of himself, put him on any other team not name Warriors, he’d be a forgotten rotation player, a dime a dozen sf/pf tweener. Steph and KD made him look good, not the other way around.

I do not care for Green, but I do not think he would be that irrelevant on another team. He definitely would not be in any All Star or All NBA conversations, but probably still considered a good NBA starter.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:50 pm    Post subject:

Durant’s camp is going to feed ScoopB something.

Expect a tweet before noon tomorrow.

Last edited by LakerSD on Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:

This is very controversial, but I’d argue Green is much more valuable to the Warriors than Klay and is as valuable as KD, possibly more valuable than him. He is one of the better defenders in NBA history and allows their backcourt to get open off the ball and carry less of a load as ball handlers.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:54 pm    Post subject:

Imo Steph and Draymond most important to that team
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:07 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:

come on man....there is no world where Draymond's value is higher than Durant. Durant is the piece that has made this team unbeatable the last 2 seasons. In my opinion Steph is the most important player, and KD is a close #2. Klay has far more value around the league than Draymond, but I guess there is a case for their importance to the Warriors being debatable of who has the most value.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:14 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Durant’s camp is going to feed ScoopB something.

Expect a tweet before noon tomorrow.

Or LeBron’s relative

https://mobile.twitter.com/CuffsTheLegend?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

He gets a lot of stuff in relation to LeBron, won’t be surprised if he is the 1 that breaks the KD to Lakers news.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:20 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
LKA wrote:

come on man....there is no world where Draymond's value is higher than Durant. Durant is the piece that has made this team unbeatable the last 2 seasons. In my opinion Steph is the most important player, and KD is a close #2. Klay has far more value around the league than Draymond, but I guess there is a case for their importance to the Warriors being debatable of who has the most value.

They won 73 games before KD’s arrival tho. Draymond does so many crucial things for them that goes unnoticed ..
JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:20 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Kevin O'Connor: "They (Sixers) still retain interest in Kyle Korver. I have since heard that Kentavious Caldwell-Pope on the Lakers is a guy they could have eyes for"
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:21 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
bluehill wrote:
I haven't been following the pending KD free agency that closely, so why would KD want to leave? I guess now there's some chemistry issues, but it seems like the rumors that he was going to leave were out there before this dustup. GSW seems like a well run team and their window is still open.

I don’t know why he would want to leave. Word is that he is interested in Silicon Valley and investments. If so SF is a perfect place for him. The only owners that come to mind who could mentor him would be Cuban or Balmer.

3) He'd be in the same city with Lebron and could really play up that rivalry to his advantage (especially relative to doing the opposite and giving in to it by joining the Lakers).

4) LA is very close to SF and he could maintain his Silicon Valley interests (in addition to the Balmer point you made).

If we are being realistic, the Clippers are an attractive destination for any free agent right now.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:22 pm    Post subject:

JPaulK0n wrote:
Quote:
Kevin O'Connor: "They (Sixers) still retain interest in Kyle Korver. I have since heard that Kentavious Caldwell-Pope on the Lakers is a guy they could have eyes for"

KCP for Simmons

Make it happen Klutch
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:23 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
Quote:

KCP for Simmons

It will probably be KCP for Wilson Chandler
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:25 pm    Post subject:

strong9 wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
bluehill wrote:

If we are being realistic, the Clippers are an attractive destination for any free agent right now.

I know I wouldn’t wanna play for the stepchild team of LA but thats just me
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:26 pm    Post subject:

JPaulK0n wrote:
Quote:

They have nothing they would be willing to give that the Lakers would/should want.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:30 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
adkindo wrote:
LKA wrote:

They won 73 games before KD’s arrival tho. Draymond does so many crucial things for them that goes unnoticed ..

KD is a 7’ shooting guard and is arguably the greatest 1v1 scorer of all time. There is an argument for Draymond over KD IMO but few will agree with that line of thinking cause it is hugely based on fit>talent. I think Green>Klay is clear as day though.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:32 pm    Post subject:

strong9 wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
Quote:

They have nothing they would be willing to give that the Lakers would/should want.

Chandler can be really valuable for us if he can regain his level he had with NY and Denver, dude can really shoot the ball and was a obstacle in our loses in recent years cause we had no one that can guard him, so I would be happy if Chandler is in the deal, he isn’t that old and can really help our lack of shooting.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:34 pm    Post subject:

why anyone would have interest in KCP is beyond me
JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:35 pm    Post subject:

strong9 wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
Quote:

Biggest pipedream would be getting a first rounder for KCP or one of the Sixers other young pieces like Zhaire Smith or Landry Shamet since the Sixers are done developing and are in pure win now mode. Lakers got a first rounder for Clarkson, so maybe its not too impossible, especially with Elton Brand being a rookie GM, which Maginka feasted on Koby Altman last offseason when they traded with the Cav's.

Last edited by JPaulK0n on Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:43 pm    Post subject:

KCP will eventually start hitting his shots... the recency bias here is out of control.

However, I'd trade him for Zhaire or Shamet.

No washed up vets please though.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:49 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
strong9 wrote:
JPaulK0n wrote:
Quote:

Chandler can be really valuable for us if he can regain his level he had with NY and Denver, dude can really shoot the ball and was a obstacle in our loses in recent years cause we had no one that can guard him, so I would be happy if Chandler is in the deal, he isn’t that old and can really help our lack of shooting.

His size and length would be a huge addition to the second unit. Good enough shooter too. I like the idea
JerryWest_44
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:55 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
why anyone would have interest in KCP is beyond me

My thoughts exactly. Seems like someone behind the scenes is pulling the CLUTCH strings.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 245, 246, 247 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 246 of 8560
Jump to: