OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3611, 3612, 3613 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:59 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
LMAO he paid Batum 120 mil. At least CP3 can fill up seats.

Don't waste your time. He's arguing with me about his tradablity. And then shooting down trade ideas with you guys. He has no point. Just likes arguing.

Yesterday he told me a trade wasn't difficult then agreed with another guy who said a trade was difficult.

Last edited by kikanga on Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:01 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
honestly, if the FO feels like they would be ok with Kuzma and Dudley defending bigger SF's when Lebron is on the bench or playing PF, I might be interested in adding Christian Wood. Sign him to a 2 year deal (2nd non guaranteed). 23 year old, and a lot of talent to take a chance on.

I want him. Think he has gotten a lot better and is ready to turn a corner.

I know nothing about him, but if you are right then why hasn’t he been signed yet?

The dude was just released today. Give it a few more hours. LOL. In all seriousness, I'm sure that his agent is making calls and canvassing the league. He's good enough to be on an NBA roster and I'm sure that guaranteed offers will come, but if his agent is smart, and if Wood is smart, he should want to land on a team that gives him the most clear path to playing time, if the money is equal.

that is Stu code for he would rather he sign somewhere else
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:10 pm    Post subject:

After December 15, kcp + 4 2nd Rd picks for Covington
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:12 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
CRoost wrote:

Don't waste your time. He's arguing with me about his tradablity. And then shooting down trade ideas with you guys. He has no point. Just likes arguing.

Yesterday he told me a trade wasn't difficult then agreed with another guy who said a trade was difficult.

Your only ally. Lol. Your buyout idea is pretty stupid. All I was trying to tell you.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:13 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
honestly, if the FO feels like they would be ok with Kuzma and Dudley defending bigger SF's when Lebron is on the bench or playing PF, I might be interested in adding Christian Wood. Sign him to a 2 year deal (2nd non guaranteed). 23 year old, and a lot of talent to take a chance on.

I know nothing about him, but if you are right then why hasn’t he been signed yet?

The dude was just released today. Give it a few more hours. LOL. In all seriousness, I'm sure that his agent is making calls and canvassing the league. He's good enough to be on an NBA roster and I'm sure that guaranteed offers will come, but if his agent is smart, and if Wood is smart, he should want to land on a team that gives him the most clear path to playing time, if the money is equal.

Haha, no, I honestly would understand signing him, even though it's not what I would do. He is young and does have some definite potential, still. It wouldn't be the worst thing in the world, logically. But on this team, it's very unlikely that he would play unless there were injuries, and we are probably better-suited to use that roster spot on a wing that can guard 3's. But he's someone I've actually kept on eye on for a while. I'm pretty sure I posted years ago that he intrigued me in Summer League, and he did play well in a look late last season with the Pels.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:16 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
CRoost wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
CRoost wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Chris Paul should just accept his new role and finish his career where it began in OKC. You could make an argument that OKC would not even have a team if not for Chris Paul.

I haven't heard anyone bring this up, but how about Milwaukee? They're probably the safest bet to get to the Finals which would incentive Paul to make concessions on the guarantee in his option year. A deal of Bledsoe, Hill and Illyasova for Paul works financially. There's a $33 million difference in guaranteed salary, but Paul could agree to reduce his guarantee in the final year of his deal to bridge some of that gap. That gives him his best shot at a ring for the next two years, or at least for one year after which he could see where things stood. The Bucks could show Giannis they're serious about winning.

They would be a favorite in what looks to be a healthy buyout market too with Giannis and Paul with a pretty clear path to the finals.

There’s few ways that trading for CP3 and his contract can be a value and Bucks getting a player like CP3 will definitely help them in the playoff run and could be that final piece. Also another is Charlotte if they are having buyers remorse with Rozier. They have Batum at disposal too. Celtics could also do it if they believed Kemba is not a good fit or if Jaylen Brown is finally putting together making Hayward expendable .. Wolves can also make a play if they gonna have a disappointing start again . A lot of teams does not want to do that right now because CP3 is a known diva but teams do get desperate. CP3 might be past it but he’s still can be a key contributor. OKC will most likely hold on into him and showcase him well enough to entice teams by the trade deadline.

Hornets don't make sense. Rozier is making 58 million total. CP3 makes about 40 million a year for the next 3. MJ ain't paying that. Lol

Batum salary makes it work for them. If OKC give up one of their 1st round pick as sweetener, it can be done.

A lot of stuff can be done, but Jordan isn't paying CP3. Lol.

And the guy that didn't pay Kemba. Batum wasn't making 40 million a year and at the time he was a free agent. A lot of teams would have gave him that contract.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:23 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:

and KCP says "no thanks".....please lets not put KCP in every trade this year when we know from last year he will just say no. Now that we have his full bird rights after this season....I do not see him agreeing to go anywhere.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:35 pm    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
CRoost wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
CRoost wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
CRoost wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Chris Paul should just accept his new role and finish his career where it began in OKC. You could make an argument that OKC would not even have a team if not for Chris Paul.

I haven't heard anyone bring this up, but how about Milwaukee? They're probably the safest bet to get to the Finals which would incentive Paul to make concessions on the guarantee in his option year. A deal of Bledsoe, Hill and Illyasova for Paul works financially. There's a $33 million difference in guaranteed salary, but Paul could agree to reduce his guarantee in the final year of his deal to bridge some of that gap. That gives him his best shot at a ring for the next two years, or at least for one year after which he could see where things stood. The Bucks could show Giannis they're serious about winning.

They would be a favorite in what looks to be a healthy buyout market too with Giannis and Paul with a pretty clear path to the finals.

There’s few ways that trading for CP3 and his contract can be a value and Bucks getting a player like CP3 will definitely help them in the playoff run and could be that final piece. Also another is Charlotte if they are having buyers remorse with Rozier. They have Batum at disposal too. Celtics could also do it if they believed Kemba is not a good fit or if Jaylen Brown is finally putting together making Hayward expendable .. Wolves can also make a play if they gonna have a disappointing start again . A lot of teams does not want to do that right now because CP3 is a known diva but teams do get desperate. CP3 might be past it but he’s still can be a key contributor. OKC will most likely hold on into him and showcase him well enough to entice teams by the trade deadline.

Hornets don't make sense. Rozier is making 58 million total. CP3 makes about 40 million a year for the next 3. MJ ain't paying that. Lol

Batum salary makes it work for them. If OKC give up one of their 1st round pick as sweetener, it can be done.

And the guy that didn't pay Kemba. Batum wasn't making 40 million a year and at the time he was a free agent. A lot of teams would have gave him that contract.

LMAO. So are you saying Batum contract is justified while CP3 is not at the time of contract? Rockets able to trade that contract, Hornets has been stuck with Batum contract.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:41 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
CRoost wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
CRoost wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
CRoost wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
adkindo wrote:

LMAO. So are you saying Batum contract is justified while CP3 is not at the time of contract? Rockets able to trade that contract, Hornets has been stuck with Batum contract.

No, I'm saying a CP3 to the Hornets trade won't happen. Like 0% chance
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:41 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

and KCP says "no thanks".....please lets not put KCP in every trade this year when we know from last year he will just say no. Now that we have his full bird rights after this season....I do not see him agreeing to go anywhere.

He gets playing time at the 2 for Minny

But I agree wishful thinking
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:43 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
I see all the talk of a buyout, but I don’t think OKC wants one. OKC didn’t even want to eat any of Melo’s $$ in a buyout.

If they don’t consummate a trade by the start of the season they will have no choice but to buy him out unless they wanna see CP3 play as a Thunder until they find a trade partner at the TD.

Why would they have an issue with CP3 playing on their team?

Nothing about their management points to them eating millions of dollars for a guy to not play for them.

If he start acting out they can suspend without pay and send home

We talking about Gadget here or CP3?
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:52 pm    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
CRoost wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
CRoost wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
CRoost wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
CRoost wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
adkindo wrote:

No, I'm saying a CP3 to the Hornets trade won't happen. Like 0% chance

That’s why it’s better for OKC to showcase CP3 because sitting him out will not help them at all if they are intend to move him. There also no incentive to buy him out since his contract will be in the books for the next 7 years. And CP3 will not give all that money since it’s his last retirement check. The only thing that makes sense for both of them is let CP3 play and when desperate teams (injuries , locker room issues, etc) looks for help, that’s the time to ship him.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:00 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
kikanga wrote:
There are no good choices for Presti when it comes to CP3.
If Presti didn't have promises made by other GMs before the trade (and day by day, it's looking more like that), he might just be an idiot.

Not an idiot either way. He took less salary with CP3 and got two picks. Also avoided lux tax.

No matter your thoughts on WB. He's worth more than Presti got, if CP3 isn't trade for more value. ]If you trade a triple double machine (WB) for an untradeable contract (CP3). IMO you might be an idiot. Especially knowing they're entering a rebuilding phase. CP3 might win you games you don't want to win, if he does somehow choose to play and not pull an Anthony Davis.
Hard to say this was the best trade available for the ex-MVP. Why not trade WB for 3 good young players?

He could’ve gotten more but he also did WB a solid to send him where he wanted, and he still got a good return.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:05 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
CP3's contract was the best thing anybody could get for WB?

Well . . . if you throw in the draft picks, possibly so. The Westbrook contact is pretty bad, too. Whatever he may have done in the past, Westbrook wasn't all that great last year. Paul had a better RPM, and it wasn't all that close. Now, RPM does not capture the full impact of a guy who averages a triple double, nor does it capture Paul's age. But it also doesn't capture the fact that Westbrook is a knucklehead who is resistant to doing anything other than what he wants to do. If you were, say, the Pistons or the Magic, how much would you offer for Westbrook if you knew that he didn't want to play for you?
TheBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:06 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

So does that mean he can opt out next summer and get more money from us?
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:07 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Despite Woods showing out in SL, GLeague and the small sample size at the end of last year with NO he still gets released for the 3rd or 4th time by an NBA team. Maybe there are other issues besides basketball talent involved here.

If the Lakers want a developmental big with upside I would take a chance on Ray Spalding. Built similarr to Woods but I believe with better quickness and movement.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:29 pm    Post subject:

Wanted to draft Christian Woods way back when and would love to sign him to our roster now if he isnt claimed. Would be amazing on a 2 way.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:47 pm    Post subject:

Potential guys that could get bought out during season

Thompson/Whiteside
Marvin Williams/Gallo
Iggy/Jae Crowder/Josh Jackson
Courtney Lee/Evan Turner
Jordan Clarkson (!!)/Brandon Knight/Teague/Dragic
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:49 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:

So does that mean he can opt out next summer and get more money from us?

It isn’t even a question. KCP, MCGee and Rondo will all opt out and get more money.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:54 pm    Post subject:

There are type of young potential steals we should be looking to lock up on 2 year deals..

Al13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:04 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
adkindo wrote:

because our so called experts in here tend to overrate players a lot...Christian Wood....lol
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:06 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:

Thompson/Whiteside
Marvin Williams/Gallo
Courtney Lee/Evan Turner

Why would OKC buy Gallinari out? He's legitimately good. They will showcase him and move him for as much as they can get.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:08 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

Thompson/Whiteside
Marvin Williams/Gallo
Courtney Lee/Evan Turner

Why would OKC buy Gallinari out? He's legitimately good. They will showcase him and move him for as much as they can get.

I agree. A couple of those guys listed will probably be wishful thinking.

I would gladly take JC back. Dragic/Iggy is of course the dream.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:11 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
dcarter4kobe wrote:

Thompson/Whiteside
Marvin Williams/Gallo
Courtney Lee/Evan Turner

I agree. A couple of those guys listed will probably be wishful thinking.

I would gladly take JC back. Dragic/Iggy is of course the dream.

JC would be worth the minimum, but I am not a big fan of the way he plays. Would much rather play Caruso.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 9:13 pm    Post subject:

Say what you want about Chris Paul, but I’m thinking it’s a pretty good fit for the old man.

Adams, Schroeder, Galinari... even Felton, Gilgeous-Alexander, and Diallo.

I think CP3 will enjoy playing in OKC.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3611, 3612, 3613 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 3612 of 8560
Jump to: