OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3683, 3684, 3685 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:43 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:

But seriously, are the Pelicans really going to invest long-term in BI next summer? I think they move him by the trade deadline, and are they going to get a better asset than Kuz?

If BI isn't playing well enough for the Grizzles to invest in him long term, I don't see why we'd want to make the investment either.

In any case, BI is gone, and I don't expect to see us trade to get him back.

Hanging on Cousins salary is a reasonable point, but it's too early to make a decision on that.

First, it depends on Iggy actually becoming available to us. Second, we'd have to see how players and the team is doing if and when that happens.

Waive Daniels to sign Iggy and hold on to Cousins for a bit, imo.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:45 am    Post subject:

I would just sign the best fitting center right now.

So we'd be at full capacity. I wouldn't indefinitely keep a roster spot open for Iggy for the sake of it.

If it happens, there are options to waive Troy, maybe Boogie, though I would keep Boogie for salary ballast reasons.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:57 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

So we'd be at full capacity. I wouldn't indefinitely keep a roster spot open for Iggy for the sake of it.

If it happens, there are options to waive Troy, maybe Boogie, though I would keep Boogie for salary ballast reasons.

And there's still a chance Cousins could be an inexpensive, productive backup C next season. The Lakers keeping him on the roster to rehab in El Segundo (assuming no decent trades involving him pop up during the season) wouldn't be the worst way to demonstrate to Cousins and other players around the league thinking about taking a paycut next summer how "player friendly" the franchise is.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 9:59 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

And there's still a chance Cousins could be an inexpensive, productive backup C next season. The Lakers keeping him on the roster to rehab in El Segundo (assuming no decent trades involving him pop up during the season) wouldn't be the worst way to demonstrate to Cousins and other players around the league thinking about taking a paycut next summer how "player friendly" the franchise is.

He's getting a minimum deal next season most likely.

So Lakers could have 2 years service and by 2021, he would be an early bird FA who has a cheap caphold.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:19 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

So Lakers could have 2 years service and by 2021, he would be an early bird FA who has a cheap caphold.

I don't think this matters. If we waive Cousins, we can still let him rehab at the facility and give him access to our trainers. If we then signed him next year, his early Bird rights wouldn't be affected by being waived as long as he doesn't sign with another team this year.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:19 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

That I could dig. This is effectively the 2020 free agency thread now, right?

How about a roster that looks like:

Lowry or Dragic (MLE)/Caruso/Rondo*
Green/KCP/Bradley/THT
Lebron/Iguodala
AD/Kuzma/Vonleh(?)
McGee/Cousins

Throw in a 1st round pick and that's a contending-ish roster with no long-term salary commitments outside of Lebron, the MLE signing, likely AD, and their 2020 1st round pick.

*I've waived Quinn Cook here because Pelinka in his brilliance gave Rondo a PO and Bradley a fully guaranteed 2nd year, but I'd be fine if they waived Rondo and ate his contract next season in favor of Cook or another SF under the age of 35.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:27 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Green/KCP/Bradley/THT
Lebron/Iguodala
AD/Kuzma/Vonleh(?)
McGee/Cousins

Throw in a 1st round pick and that's a contending-ish roster with no long-term salary commitments outside of Lebron, the MLE signing, likely AD, and their 2020 1st round pick.

*I've waived Quinn Cook here because Pelinka in his brilliance gave Rondo a PO and Bradley a fully guaranteed 2nd year, but I'd be fine if they waived Rondo and ate his contract next season in favor of Cook or another SF under the age of 35.

Yup. Lowry as the MLE target is interesting. However, that is incumbent upon being an over cap team. Would we be over the cap next year or if some players opt out, would we be an under cap team (ergo room exception MLE)?
Chick's Magic Johnson
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:28 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Green/KCP/Bradley/THT
Lebron/Iguodala
AD/Kuzma/Vonleh(?)
McGee/Cousins

Not bad, assuming Lowry will take a one year full-MLE (we need that 2021 cap). Although, as sad as it is to say, I don't think you can count on Boogie Cousins for anything anymore. I'm down to sign him to a min deal next year (if we have roster space), but the dude is coming off an Achilles, quad tear and now ACL tear - there's a non-zero chance that he's just toast.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:29 am    Post subject:

I'm sure by 2020 we will then go out and get 20 centers to be imbalanced in that direction again.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:51 am    Post subject:

Why is Lowry signing for under $10m a year? You do realize he is coming off over $30m a year?

Even Dragic taking a paycut from $19m to the $10m is questionable. Not impossible at his age but a long shot.

If we are going to propose paycuts, how about Davis taking less then max to allow for another quality bench player for next years game of musical chairs with the roster.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 10:57 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
Why is Lowry signing for under $10m a year? You do realize he is coming off over $30m a year?

Even Dragic taking a paycut from $19m to the $10m is questionable. Not impossible at his age but a long shot.

If we are going to propose paycuts, how about Davis taking less then max to allow for another quality bench player for next years game of musical chairs with the roster.

Why Davis? He's in his prime and will be an all NBA player. Those guys do not take discounts while then-34 year old Lowry taking a full MLE of probably close to 10m isn't that far fetched.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:17 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

Green/KCP/Bradley/THT
Lebron/Iguodala
AD/Kuzma/Vonleh(?)
McGee/Cousins

Yup. Lowry as the MLE target is interesting. However, that is incumbent upon being an over cap team. Would we be over the cap next year or if some players opt out, would we be an under cap team (ergo room exception MLE)?

Based on very quick eyeballin', it looks like they could gain around $12M if all three of Rondo, McGee, and KCP opt out and their Bird rights are waived, Quinn Cook is renounced ($1M guaranteed), and the Lakers trade their 1st rounder. I really can't see all that happening. And it would behoove the Lakers to stay above the cap until 2021, anyway.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:24 am    Post subject:

Lowry's 34 and Dragic has never been on a true contender in his career. I'd also be willing to give them guaranteed years to partially offset the loss in upfront pay.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:31 am    Post subject:

I could see Lowry taking a MLE for sure and being on a contender and not having to do too much heavy lifting.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:36 am    Post subject:

this is the guy I'd try to trade for. If we had Cousins healthy I'd have traded Kuz for him.. Kuz for him and Iggy.
Iggy next year is over the line washed for me.. my man Baron Von

We badly need a nice wing defender. next year too
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:41 am    Post subject:

Who can be the next 2009 version of Trevor Ariza? Someone we can find out of nowhere...
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:51 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
https://youtu.be/3GecXv52HZQ?t=74 this is the guy I'd try to trade for. If we had Cousins healthy I'd have traded Kuz for him.. Kuz for him and Iggy.

lol and he's a few months younger than Kuz to boot.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:53 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Who can be the next 2009 version of Trevor Ariza? Someone we can find out of nowhere...

You're looking around for younger measurables guys with not bad to positive "do (bleep)" stats held back by subpar perimeter shooting and/or lack of minutes. Most of those guys still end up being misses, though.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 11:55 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
https://youtu.be/3GecXv52HZQ?t=74 this is the guy I'd try to trade for. If we had Cousins healthy I'd have traded Kuz for him.. Kuz for him and Iggy.

I think that he was on the Houston G-League team and then Memphis signed him.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:03 pm    Post subject:

37% from 3 too. although he's streaky and imo unreliable in a big game probably. But that block was awesome on George. And a couple times a game he makes some nice plays with the ball too.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:08 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
I could see Lowry taking a MLE for sure and being on a contender and not having to do too much heavy lifting.

Wont hurt when AD, LeBron, and Danny Green** all recruit the iso out of him.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:09 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

Justin Anderson?

Best defender available via FA
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:20 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

You're looking around for younger measurables guys with not bad to positive "do (bleep)" stats held back by subpar perimeter shooting and/or lack of minutes. Most of those guys still end up being misses, though.

a healthy Avery Bradley
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:21 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

a healthy Avery Bradley

Need wing size..6’2s too shmall
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:34 pm    Post subject:

Lowry's 34 and Dragic has never been on a true contender in his career. I'd also be willing to give them guaranteed years to partially offset the loss in upfront pay.

Lowry and Dragic will likely be the top two PG on the market next year. They'll both be 34 -- a tricky age when small guards can decline quickly. It will be interesting to see what offers they get. I wouldn't expect them to sign with us for less if other teams pull out the checkbook, but we could be in the running if the market dries up for them.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3683, 3684, 3685 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 3684 of 8560
Jump to: