OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3699, 3700, 3701 ... 3704, 3705, 3706  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 22302

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:17 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
The Clippers can have Iggy. They are already as soft as puppy shiittz underneath. This will only make them weaker.


i wouldn't mind Iggy, but at this point in his career, I don't see him as a critical piece. He'd be great when we needed to "switch up" a wing to give a different look on D or as injury insurance, but between LBJ, Kuz & Green, we shouldn't have that many minutes available.

Iggy has a name and has been a nice contributor, but there are always wing defenders available. Not with his pedigree, but for 10 minutes/game there are plenty of serviceable guys if we need them.


If a team like the Clips get him, they will then have 3 guys to cycle on LBJ and wear him down (KL/PG/Iggy). That's the guy I don't want on the Clips. Any other team besides them please if it's not meant to be.


They would also have NOBODY that could guard AD.


Agreed. But they can only handle what they can handle.

As we saw in the Finals, the team with the healthiest roster at the end won.

Healthy Warriors would have swept the Raptors. But they weren't.

Is AD going to make it all the way to the Finals? Is KL/PG? Who knows.

If I'm an opposing coach, Id rather AD go off than Lebron, tbqh. Especially on a Lakers team with Alex Caruso as its second best initiator.


Right. If you send 3 waves of defenders in KL/PG/IGGY at LBJ he is going to wear down. And he’s our best playmaker.

And arguably only playmaker worth a damn.
_________________
The Dennis Miller of LG.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
2019
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Dec 2014
Posts: 7371

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:57 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
The Clippers can have Iggy. They are already as soft as puppy shiittz underneath. This will only make them weaker.


i wouldn't mind Iggy, but at this point in his career, I don't see him as a critical piece. He'd be great when we needed to "switch up" a wing to give a different look on D or as injury insurance, but between LBJ, Kuz & Green, we shouldn't have that many minutes available.

Iggy has a name and has been a nice contributor, but there are always wing defenders available. Not with his pedigree, but for 10 minutes/game there are plenty of serviceable guys if we need them.


If a team like the Clips get him, they will then have 3 guys to cycle on LBJ and wear him down (KL/PG/Iggy). That's the guy I don't want on the Clips. Any other team besides them please if it's not meant to be.


They would also have NOBODY that could guard AD.


Agreed. But they can only handle what they can handle.

As we saw in the Finals, the team with the healthiest roster at the end won.

Healthy Warriors would have swept the Raptors. But they weren't.

Is AD going to make it all the way to the Finals? Is KL/PG? Who knows.

If I'm an opposing coach, Id rather AD go off than Lebron, tbqh. Especially on a Lakers team with Alex Caruso as its second best initiator.


Right. If you send 3 waves of defenders in KL/PG/IGGY at LBJ he is going to wear down. And he’s our best playmaker.

And arguably only playmaker worth a damn.


Is that even arguable? Rondo doesn't count anymore and Caruso is way to unproven to think he can contribute on the biggest stage as a playmaker- maybe an energy guy.

The more I look at this roster, and now that the excitement of the offseason has worn off, the more holes I keep seeing.

Still a strong team but many holes that unfortunately the Clippers have a huge advantage in those areas.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 22302

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:07 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
The Clippers can have Iggy. They are already as soft as puppy shiittz underneath. This will only make them weaker.


i wouldn't mind Iggy, but at this point in his career, I don't see him as a critical piece. He'd be great when we needed to "switch up" a wing to give a different look on D or as injury insurance, but between LBJ, Kuz & Green, we shouldn't have that many minutes available.

Iggy has a name and has been a nice contributor, but there are always wing defenders available. Not with his pedigree, but for 10 minutes/game there are plenty of serviceable guys if we need them.


If a team like the Clips get him, they will then have 3 guys to cycle on LBJ and wear him down (KL/PG/Iggy). That's the guy I don't want on the Clips. Any other team besides them please if it's not meant to be.


They would also have NOBODY that could guard AD.


Agreed. But they can only handle what they can handle.

As we saw in the Finals, the team with the healthiest roster at the end won.

Healthy Warriors would have swept the Raptors. But they weren't.

Is AD going to make it all the way to the Finals? Is KL/PG? Who knows.

If I'm an opposing coach, Id rather AD go off than Lebron, tbqh. Especially on a Lakers team with Alex Caruso as its second best initiator.


Right. If you send 3 waves of defenders in KL/PG/IGGY at LBJ he is going to wear down. And he’s our best playmaker.

And arguably only playmaker worth a damn.


Is that even arguable? Rondo doesn't count anymore and Caruso is way to unproven to think he can contribute on the biggest stage as a playmaker- maybe an energy guy.

The more I look at this roster, and now that the excitement of the offseason has worn off, the more holes I keep seeing.

Still a strong team but many holes that unfortunately the Clippers have a huge advantage in those areas.

You're right, it isn't arguable. The joys of bringing back KCP for too much money season after season.

Anyway, I think Vogel should experiment with Davis running a simplified high PnR offense a la Giannis to start the season. It may not work, but the team really needs another initiator and AD has the raw talent and HS background to make it worth the shot rather than pinning the team's playoff hopes on Rondo being 25 years old again or Caruso being more than a solid backup on a good team.

Barring point-AD becoming a thing, I think it's down to trying to find a starting PG with the MLE next summer. Maybe CP3 gets bought out...?
_________________
The Dennis Miller of LG.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ToastedMuffins
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 14 Apr 2016
Posts: 517

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:21 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
Who are they trading? Not Millsap, Jokic or Harris, right? Plumlee, Hernangomez and a 1st? Will Barton + Beasley + Michael Porter Jr.? Don't just name a team, throw out a trade. Because I'm not seeing it. Iggy's minimal regular season value combined with his age and huge contract make a deal very difficult.


And why wouldn't Portland feel Baze + highly protected 1st isn't worth getting Iggy? It goes both ways. There ARE teams with potential expiring deals and 1st round picks.

My point is Lakers don't have that. So we literally are waiting. And if he's released, other teams then may have more $ to offer as we are limited to a vet's min.

Not sure we are in any kind of pole position.


I wouldn't assume it's all about money at this point with Iguodala. If Memphis can't find a worthwhile trade and agrees to a buyout, then I'd expect Iguodala with career earnings of over $175 million will sign where he's most comfortable.

With that in mind, the Lakers would clearly appear to be the most familiar landing spot for Iguodala having already played with all of LeBron, Davis, Rondo, Howard, McGee, and Cook in the past. Not to mention Rob Pelinka who was his agent for 13+ years.

As long as we're competitive we have as good a chance at signing Iguodala in a buyout scenario as anyone else, hence the reports of him planning to sign with us when he was first traded to Memphis.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
2019
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Dec 2014
Posts: 7371

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:42 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
You're right, it isn't arguable. The joys of bringing back KCP for too much money season after season.

Anyway, I think Vogel should experiment with Davis running a simplified high PnR offense a la Giannis to start the season. It may not work, but the team really needs another initiator and AD has the raw talent and HS background to make it worth the shot rather than pinning the team's playoff hopes on Rondo being 25 years old again or Caruso being more than a solid backup on a good team.

Barring point-AD becoming a thing, I think it's down to trying to find a starting PG with the MLE next summer. Maybe CP3 gets bought out...?


KCP was an awful signing... terrible. I like the player he is for a bench role and can play the 1-3 spots but at $8MM is crazy. That number should have been $4M per season.

It's weird, last year we had a team full of playmakers, wings, and non-shooters. These year we have no playmakers, shooters, and are paper thin at wing depth. Where's the balance. IMO why Iggy is such an enormous acquisition... a playmaker, defender, and can hit timely shots all rolled into one.

I'm still mad that we didn't go after RHJ for the minimum. If we had Iggy and RHJ on this roster, I'd feel strongly about our roster but right now we have neither and we have a bunch bunch of 2 guards stuck in PG bodies: Cook, Bradley, Daniels, KCP. Too much reliance of LeBron to set everyone up.

Man it would be nice if CP3 were bought out now but that aint going to happen. Perhaps next summer and he'd be a no brainier singing. Same with Lowry or Dragic. We need someone in that mold.

As of today:

McGee | Dwight | Cousins
AD | Kuzma | Dudley
LeBron
Green | KCP | Daniels | THT
Bradley | Cook | Caruso | Rondo

I truthfully have no idea how we guard the Clippers. Rob gets a C+/B- for this summer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 133878
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Regarding today’s roster, it is what to expect when you give up over half of your team for one player. That one player can’t fill all those holes and you end up filling those holes with players who you would prefer off the bench. Using almost $12 mil of cap space on Cousins and KCP wasn’t a good use of money. Building a team based on loyalty isn’t typically the best way to go.
_________________
How about those Blues!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 May 2006
Posts: 12619

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:

Houston, Dallas and the Clippers already owe future first round picks and are apparently dragging their feet on sending another to Memphis.

If the market for Iguodala continues to be softer than expected, Memphis can drop thier asking price to a second round pick or cash plus expiring salary. They would still come out ahead of doing a buyout with Iguodala only giving back the veteran minimum.


Those type of offers (a second and cash) will be available at the trade deadline. They have no reason to rush.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 28267
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:59 pm    Post subject:

I have seen people mention we need another ball handler what about going after Milos teodosic? I’m not sure if he’s playing in the Euro league but I have always found him exciting to watch.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker's Fan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2002
Posts: 8934

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:14 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
Bard207 wrote:

Houston, Dallas and the Clippers already owe future first round picks and are apparently dragging their feet on sending another to Memphis.

If the market for Iguodala continues to be softer than expected, Memphis can drop thier asking price to a second round pick or cash plus expiring salary. They would still come out ahead of doing a buyout with Iguodala only giving back the veteran minimum.


Those type of offers (a second and cash) will be available at the trade deadline. They have no reason to rush.


They could deal him to Dallas for Courtney Lee straight up and probably get more back than what Iggy gives in a buyout. Andre may have some say though if he has his heart set on a destination.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
2019
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Dec 2014
Posts: 7371

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:43 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Regarding today’s roster, it is what to expect when you give up over half of your team for one player. That one player can’t fill all those holes and you end up filling those holes with players who you would prefer off the bench. Using almost $12 mil of cap space on Cousins and KCP wasn’t a good use of money. Building a team based on loyalty isn’t typically the best way to go.


No issue with Cousins... even knowing his health risk. The guy, when las healthy, was the best C in the NBA. Last year, coming off a major injury still gave 17/8. Spending $3.85MM on him is a great option.

But yeah, building a roster through loyalty to agency instead of fit/winning isn't the way to go. Then again, being in the LeBron business is better than the Jeanie/Kurt/Linda/Phil/Rob business.

Nonetheless, we only traded away 3 players from last year's roster for AD so I can't give them any sort of love over player retention (or lack thereof). The way Rob let AD, LeBron, Paul build this roster was not that wise. We're lacking in key areas.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 28267
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:53 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
You're right, it isn't arguable. The joys of bringing back KCP for too much money season after season.

Anyway, I think Vogel should experiment with Davis running a simplified high PnR offense a la Giannis to start the season. It may not work, but the team really needs another initiator and AD has the raw talent and HS background to make it worth the shot rather than pinning the team's playoff hopes on Rondo being 25 years old again or Caruso being more than a solid backup on a good team.

Barring point-AD becoming a thing, I think it's down to trying to find a starting PG with the MLE next summer. Maybe CP3 gets bought out...?


KCP was an awful signing... terrible. I like the player he is for a bench role and can play the 1-3 spots but at $8MM is crazy. That number should have been $4M per season.

It's weird, last year we had a team full of playmakers, wings, and non-shooters. These year we have no playmakers, shooters, and are paper thin at wing depth. Where's the balance. IMO why Iggy is such an enormous acquisition... a playmaker, defender, and can hit timely shots all rolled into one.

I'm still mad that we didn't go after RHJ for the minimum. If we had Iggy and RHJ on this roster, I'd feel strongly about our roster but right now we have neither and we have a bunch bunch of 2 guards stuck in PG bodies: Cook, Bradley, Daniels, KCP. Too much reliance of LeBron to set everyone up.

Man it would be nice if CP3 were bought out now but that aint going to happen. Perhaps next summer and he'd be a no brainier singing. Same with Lowry or Dragic. We need someone in that mold.

As of today:

McGee | Dwight | Cousins
AD | Kuzma | Dudley
LeBron
Green | KCP | Daniels | THT
Bradley | Cook | Caruso | Rondo

I truthfully have no idea how we guard the Clippers. Rob gets a C+/B- for this summer.


This is why so many of us want Iggy on the Lakers because he’s the guy who could do a good job giving Kawhi and players like Lou Williams a lot of problems defensively. we just gotta hope the Grizzles buy him out by February at the earliest.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
pjiddy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Dec 2005
Posts: 22820
Location: North Hollywood

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:03 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Regarding today’s roster, it is what to expect when you give up over half of your team for one player. That one player can’t fill all those holes and you end up filling those holes with players who you would prefer off the bench. Using almost $12 mil of cap space on Cousins and KCP wasn’t a good use of money. Building a team based on loyalty isn’t typically the best way to go.


I still think Cousins was a risk worth taking at that money.

KCP was a tragic waste of 8 million, especially when you look at the deals some other FAs of the sorely needed playmaker variety signed for.

D-Rose 2/15
Rodney Hood 2/16
Payton 2/16
McConnell 2/7
Mudiay 1/1.7

Or even just better players at the wing
Wes Matthews 2/5
Vonleh 1/2 mil
Jeff Green 1/2.5
McGruder 3/15
Temple 2/10


Bigs that would've obviated us signing Dwight
Kevon Looney 3/15
Richaun Holmes 2/10
Kaminsky 2/10 (would've actually given us Boogie-type versatility on offense with his shooting and playmaking)
Cauley Stein LLE (smdh)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2005
Posts: 4430

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:16 pm    Post subject:

Boogie was a play we had to make (the potential reward outweighed risk). KCP was a bad signing both in terms of timing (when he signed) and contract amount.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jankobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 12 Jun 2010
Posts: 604

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:34 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
jankobe wrote:
If NBA grants us DPE then we have 1 slot open. Then we can add 1 more if we cut Troy Daniels (the weakest link).

What do you think adding 2 from DWade, Melo, Noah & Iggy (if bought out)...

Its definitely an upgrade having any 2 of the 3 mentioned.


That is incorrect. The DPE gives us around 1.8m in an exception, NOT a roster spot. We would still have a full roster.

If you cut Daniels, then you would have 1 roster spot open.


DISABLED PLAYER EXCEPTION -- "This exception allows a team which is over the cap to replace a disabled player who will be out for the remainder of that season (it can also be granted in the event of a player's death). This exception is granted by the league, based on an application from the team and a determination by an NBA-designated physician or Fitness to Play panel (see question number 62) that the player is substantially more likely than not to be unable to play through the following June 15.

If this exception is granted, the team can acquire one player via free agent signing, trade or waiver claim, to replace the disabled player:

* The team may sign a free agent for one season only, for 50% of the disabled player's salary or the amount of the Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level exception, whichever is less.

* The team may trade for a player in the last season of his contract only (including any option years)2, who is making no more than 50% plus $100,000 of the disabled player's salary, or the amount of the Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level exception plus $100,000, whichever is less.

* The team may claim a player on waivers who is in the last season of his contract only (including any option years), who is making no more than 50% of the disabled player's salary, or the amount of the Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level exception, whichever is less.

Teams can apply for this exception from July 1 through January 15, and cannot apply after January 15. Once granted, the exception expires when a player is acquired, when the disabled player is traded or returns to the team, or on March 10 of that season, whichever comes first. This exception is granted on a season-by-season basis -- if the player will also be out the following season, the team needs to apply for this exception again the following season.

This exception only can be granted to the team for which the player was playing when his injury or illness was known, or reasonably should have become known. A team cannot trade for an injured player and subsequently apply for a Disabled Player exception for that player.

If a team's application for a disabled player exception is denied, the team must wait 90 days before submitting another request related to the same player, and then only for a new injury or aggravation of the same injury. Whether the application was approved or denied, the team can apply again (including for the same injury) the following season.

If the disabled player comes back sooner than expected he may be activated immediately, and the replacement player is not affected"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jan 2013
Posts: 7319

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:44 pm    Post subject:

jankobe wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
jankobe wrote:
If NBA grants us DPE then we have 1 slot open. Then we can add 1 more if we cut Troy Daniels (the weakest link).

What do you think adding 2 from DWade, Melo, Noah & Iggy (if bought out)...

Its definitely an upgrade having any 2 of the 3 mentioned.


That is incorrect. The DPE gives us around 1.8m in an exception, NOT a roster spot. We would still have a full roster.

If you cut Daniels, then you would have 1 roster spot open.


DISABLED PLAYER EXCEPTION -- "This exception allows a team which is over the cap to replace a disabled player who will be out for the remainder of that season (it can also be granted in the event of a player's death). This exception is granted by the league, based on an application from the team and a determination by an NBA-designated physician or Fitness to Play panel (see question number 62) that the player is substantially more likely than not to be unable to play through the following June 15.

If this exception is granted, the team can acquire one player via free agent signing, trade or waiver claim, to replace the disabled player:

* The team may sign a free agent for one season only, for 50% of the disabled player's salary or the amount of the Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level exception, whichever is less.

* The team may trade for a player in the last season of his contract only (including any option years)2, who is making no more than 50% plus $100,000 of the disabled player's salary, or the amount of the Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level exception plus $100,000, whichever is less.

* The team may claim a player on waivers who is in the last season of his contract only (including any option years), who is making no more than 50% of the disabled player's salary, or the amount of the Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level exception, whichever is less.

Teams can apply for this exception from July 1 through January 15, and cannot apply after January 15. Once granted, the exception expires when a player is acquired, when the disabled player is traded or returns to the team, or on March 10 of that season, whichever comes first. This exception is granted on a season-by-season basis -- if the player will also be out the following season, the team needs to apply for this exception again the following season.

This exception only can be granted to the team for which the player was playing when his injury or illness was known, or reasonably should have become known. A team cannot trade for an injured player and subsequently apply for a Disabled Player exception for that player.

If a team's application for a disabled player exception is denied, the team must wait 90 days before submitting another request related to the same player, and then only for a new injury or aggravation of the same injury. Whether the application was approved or denied, the team can apply again (including for the same injury) the following season.

If the disabled player comes back sooner than expected he may be activated immediately, and the replacement player is not affected"



The DPE has to do with being granted the ability to spend more than the minimum salary when a team lacks cap space. It has nothing to do with being granted an allowance to exceed the roster size limit of 15 which is what you have been suggesting.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
2019
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Dec 2014
Posts: 7371

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:56 pm    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
Boogie was a play we had to make (the potential reward outweighed risk). KCP was a bad signing both in terms of timing (when he signed) and contract amount.


Not only the amount but KCP once again essentially has a no trade clause. Same with Javale and I believe Bradley and Green.

Maybe Pelinka has an agreement with KCP and Paul that should the need need to be improved, he's willing to waive that and instead that clause is more to protect him from another team trading him and he just becomes a journeyman. I doubt that is the case.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
2019
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Dec 2014
Posts: 7371

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:59 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Regarding today’s roster, it is what to expect when you give up over half of your team for one player. That one player can’t fill all those holes and you end up filling those holes with players who you would prefer off the bench. Using almost $12 mil of cap space on Cousins and KCP wasn’t a good use of money. Building a team based on loyalty isn’t typically the best way to go.


I still think Cousins was a risk worth taking at that money.

KCP was a tragic waste of 8 million, especially when you look at the deals some other FAs of the sorely needed playmaker variety signed for.

D-Rose 2/15
Rodney Hood 2/16
Payton 2/16
McConnell 2/7
Mudiay 1/1.7

Or even just better players at the wing
Wes Matthews 2/5
Vonleh 1/2 mil
Jeff Green 1/2.5
McGruder 3/15
Temple 2/10


Bigs that would've obviated us signing Dwight
Kevon Looney 3/15
Richaun Holmes 2/10
Kaminsky 2/10 (would've actually given us Boogie-type versatility on offense with his shooting and playmaking)
Cauley Stein LLE (smdh)


Some more -->

Rondade Hollis-Jefferson: Minimum
Jordan Bell: Minimum

Young defensive players.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jankobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 12 Jun 2010
Posts: 604

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:11 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
jankobe wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
jankobe wrote:
If NBA grants us DPE then we have 1 slot open. Then we can add 1 more if we cut Troy Daniels (the weakest link).

What do you think adding 2 from DWade, Melo, Noah & Iggy (if bought out)...

Its definitely an upgrade having any 2 of the 3 mentioned.


That is incorrect. The DPE gives us around 1.8m in an exception, NOT a roster spot. We would still have a full roster.

If you cut Daniels, then you would have 1 roster spot open.


DISABLED PLAYER EXCEPTION -- "This exception allows a team which is over the cap to replace a disabled player who will be out for the remainder of that season (it can also be granted in the event of a player's death). This exception is granted by the league, based on an application from the team and a determination by an NBA-designated physician or Fitness to Play panel (see question number 62) that the player is substantially more likely than not to be unable to play through the following June 15.

If this exception is granted, the team can acquire one player via free agent signing, trade or waiver claim, to replace the disabled player:

* The team may sign a free agent for one season only, for 50% of the disabled player's salary or the amount of the Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level exception, whichever is less.

* The team may trade for a player in the last season of his contract only (including any option years)2, who is making no more than 50% plus $100,000 of the disabled player's salary, or the amount of the Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level exception plus $100,000, whichever is less.

* The team may claim a player on waivers who is in the last season of his contract only (including any option years), who is making no more than 50% of the disabled player's salary, or the amount of the Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level exception, whichever is less.

Teams can apply for this exception from July 1 through January 15, and cannot apply after January 15. Once granted, the exception expires when a player is acquired, when the disabled player is traded or returns to the team, or on March 10 of that season, whichever comes first. This exception is granted on a season-by-season basis -- if the player will also be out the following season, the team needs to apply for this exception again the following season.

This exception only can be granted to the team for which the player was playing when his injury or illness was known, or reasonably should have become known. A team cannot trade for an injured player and subsequently apply for a Disabled Player exception for that player.

If a team's application for a disabled player exception is denied, the team must wait 90 days before submitting another request related to the same player, and then only for a new injury or aggravation of the same injury. Whether the application was approved or denied, the team can apply again (including for the same injury) the following season.

If the disabled player comes back sooner than expected he may be activated immediately, and the replacement player is not affected"



The DPE has to do with being granted the ability to spend more than the minimum salary when a team lacks cap space. It has nothing to do with being granted an allowance to exceed the roster size limit of 15 which is what you have been suggesting.

I see... right now do we have 15 on the roster already?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jan 2013
Posts: 7319

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:30 pm    Post subject:


Contract..........Player


NBA..............LeBron James (1)
NBA..............Anthony Davis (2)
NBA..............Danny Green (3)
NBA..............Kentavious Caldwell-Pope (4)
NBA..............Avery Bradley (5)
NBA..............JaVale McGee (6)
NBA..............DeMarcus Cousins (7)
NBA..............Quinn Cook (8)
NBA..............Alex Caruso (9)
NBA..............Rajon Rondo (10)
NBA..............Kyle Kuzma (11)
NBA..............Troy Daniels (12)
NBA..............Jared Dudley (13)
NBA..............Dwight Howard (14)
NBA..............Talen Horton-Tucker (15)
-----------------------------------------------------
Two Way.......Kostas Antetokounmpo (16)
Two Way.......Zach Norvell (17)
Exhibit 10......Devontae Cacok (18)
Exhibit 10......Jordan Caroline (19)
Exhibit 10.......Demetrius Jackson (20)


They had twenty with Holman and had to waive him to create an opening for Dwight Howard.


79. What roster size limits exist? What is the Inactive List? What is Injured Reserve? Do any other such lists exist?

Quote:

Normally an NBA team can have a maximum of 15 players on its roster during a season (and up to 20 during the offseason, starting on the day after the team's season ends). A team normally has 12 or 13 players on its Active List, who are eligible to play in games, and can have as few as 11 for up to two weeks at a time. Any remaining players must be on the team's Inactive List, and are ineligible to play in games. Teams temporarily can have four players on their Inactive List (bringing their roster size to 16) with league approval in the event of a hardship2.


Quote:

2 A hardship can be deemed to exist when a team has four players who are sick or injured and have missed at least three regular season games, and will continue to be unable to play. If a hardship is granted, the hardship ends when one of the sick or injured players is physically able to resume playing. The team must then release player(s) to get back to the roster limit, although teams have the option to retain the hardship player and release a different player to get back to the limit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Feb 2011
Posts: 6205
Location: Studio City

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:36 pm    Post subject:

Carmelo Anthony working out with Lakers’ Danny Green
https://www.talkbasket.net/52249-carmelo-anthony-working-out-with-lakers-danny-green

Some video.
https://www.instagram.com/tv/B2IN5mFprQ2/?utm_source=ig_embed
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Feb 2005
Posts: 12003

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:12 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
The Clippers can have Iggy. They are already as soft as puppy shiittz underneath. This will only make them weaker.


i wouldn't mind Iggy, but at this point in his career, I don't see him as a critical piece. He'd be great when we needed to "switch up" a wing to give a different look on D or as injury insurance, but between LBJ, Kuz & Green, we shouldn't have that many minutes available.

Iggy has a name and has been a nice contributor, but there are always wing defenders available. Not with his pedigree, but for 10 minutes/game there are plenty of serviceable guys if we need them.


In a vacuum he's well past his prime and needs extensive load management throughout the regular season. But for this team, he's everything we're missing. That's why he seems to be a bit overrated. He could sit out the entire regular season for all I care. The guy gets it done in the playoffs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2005
Posts: 4430

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 2:14 am    Post subject:

I think its time to just forget Iggy because its not going to happen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
laker50
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Mar 2014
Posts: 1795

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:45 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
Boogie was a play we had to make (the potential reward outweighed risk). KCP was a bad signing both in terms of timing (when he signed) and contract amount.

KCP has not turned out to be the player thought. For 18M could have gotten Iggy.
KCP does not show up at end of games or critical situations.
But as you say he is there at garbage time.
A good defensive SF for that price was a much better shot.
Politics seem to play with the Lakers.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Jun 2005
Posts: 4430

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 4:55 am    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Boogie was a play we had to make (the potential reward outweighed risk). KCP was a bad signing both in terms of timing (when he signed) and contract amount.

KCP has not turned out to be the player thought. For 18M could have gotten Iggy.
KCP does not show up at end of games or critical situations.
But as you say he is there at garbage time.
A good defensive SF for that price was a much better shot.
Politics seem to play with the Lakers.


This could be our downfall. KCP played GREAT for a hot minute once his legal troubles were over with (and the games did not matter) the season before last (other than that, he has been crap). Unfortunately he has been on a scholarship that is not going to end anytime soon.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 104323

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:11 am    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:
RI Laker wrote:
Boogie was a play we had to make (the potential reward outweighed risk). KCP was a bad signing both in terms of timing (when he signed) and contract amount.

KCP has not turned out to be the player thought. For 18M could have gotten Iggy.
KCP does not show up at end of games or critical situations.
But as you say he is there at garbage time.
A good defensive SF for that price was a much better shot.
Politics seem to play with the Lakers.


We have 8 players out of 15 who are classified as "guards." Everyone in that group except Danny Green is limited to defending guards. We have a gaping hole at SF behind LBJ (who is best at small ball PF).
_________________
Oh my.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3699, 3700, 3701 ... 3704, 3705, 3706  Next
Page 3700 of 3706
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB