OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3880, 3881, 3882 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
drae wrote:
LOL now the Grizzlies want a first round pick as well as salary matching for Iggy.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/e9r033/charania_the_grizzlies_have_already_received_a/

Nobody is giving up a first and trading for Iggy you greedy (bleep). Not the Mavs, not the Rockets, not the Clippers, not anybody.

My fear is the Celtics would offer Memphis their pick back (and maybe another) in exchange for taking Hayward off their hands. Memphis would send back Crowder in addition to Iguodala. Boston would open up at least $20M in cap space.

That's fine with me if they want to overpay for Iggy. Just as long as he is not going to the Clippers. Boston does not scare me.
Gandalf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 1:34 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
LOL now the Grizzlies want a first round pick as well as salary matching for Iggy.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/e9r033/charania_the_grizzlies_have_already_received_a/

Nobody is giving up a first and trading for Iggy you greedy (bleep). Not the Mavs, not the Rockets, not the Clippers, not anybody.

Agreed, Iggy is 35 yrs old and only has a couple of serviceable years left if that.
The Grizz are obviously baiting right now. I would send somebody to Europe to see if somebody like Nicola Mirotic or somebody like that is available.
nzahir
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:08 pm    Post subject:

Boston isn't trading Hayward lol, hes been very good. Shooting 56%, scoring, and facilitating.

Especially not for Iggy. He is Brad's guy and I think they rather keep their image ok for now after the IT stuff
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:30 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
If Minny falls out of the playoff race, would you guys have interest in Jeff Teague if Minny buys him out?

Easily. And I would go for RoCo (19m) way before Gallinari if we're going to be getting in that salary range, which we probably won't be this year.

Covington is only at $11.3MM for this year, and has two more years to go after this one. You could trade for him if you sent out more than $6,533,334 in salary. Obviously, he'd cost you Kuzma as the centerpiece, but I'm guessing the Wolves could get more for him. Not even sure if Kuz and THT (plus salary filler) would be enough. But RoCo would be the lengthy wing defender and competent 3-point shooter we need.

I wasn't as high on him a couple of years ago but I've come around.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:34 pm    Post subject:

nzahir wrote:
Boston isn't trading Hayward lol, hes been very good. Shooting 56%, scoring, and facilitating.

Especially not for Iggy. He is Brad's guy and I think they rather keep their image ok for now after the IT stuff

Maybe two picks is an overpay...It wouldn't happen yet, but we need to see Hayward and the Celtics against better competition to know how they really fit together, and if the defense can be good enough against elite teams with him in the lineup.

Five of Hayward's ten games this season have been against Charlotte, Cleveland, and the Knicks. He had a nice game against Milwaukee in that comeback, though.

Ainge isn't bothered by what other people think, Antoine Walker called him a snake in the grass over ten years ago and he didn't change. Even if Danny boy trades a longtime friend of his vaunted head coach, he'd do it because he "knows" it's the correct basketball move (and if he wants to hit the FA market this offseason).
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:35 pm    Post subject:

Also, the way Bertans is shooting the ball, I mean, he's going to be in high demand. He's shooting 46.5% from 3 on volume...making 4 of them per game. He's basically in Steph Curry territory. He would help a contender tremendously. I don't expect him to stay at this percentage, but I think he's a bonafide shooter who will stay above 40%. I just think he needed the opportunity to play more minutes, and he's always had this in him. He's also at the age where he is just entering his physical prime.

The good news with him is that he only makes $7MM, so you wouldn't have to send out much salary to get him. The bad is that he's an unrestricted free agent at season's end, though we would have Early Bird rights on him. I am very curious to see what contenders may offer up for him.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:54 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
levon wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
If Minny falls out of the playoff race, would you guys have interest in Jeff Teague if Minny buys him out?

Easily. And I would go for RoCo (19m) way before Gallinari if we're going to be getting in that salary range, which we probably won't be this year.

Covington is only at $11.3MM for this year, and has two more years to go after this one. You could trade for him if you sent out more than $6,533,334 in salary. Obviously, he'd cost you Kuzma as the centerpiece, but I'm guessing the Wolves could get more for him. Not even sure if Kuz and THT (plus salary filler) would be enough. But RoCo would be the lengthy wing defender and competent 3-point shooter we need.

During the past three seasons, after about 15-20 games into the season his 3P% drops to around 34% during the remaining games. Teams will help off him every time, if this happens again.

In any event, RoCo would also lose his starting role, and some minutes. He and Green can't dribble, and KCP is often a walking disaster with the ball, so playing any of them together would be a problem.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 2:58 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
levon wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

During the past three seasons, after about 15-20 games into the season his 3P% drops to around 34% during the remaining games. Teams will help off him every time, if this happens again.

In any event, RoCo would also lose his starting role, and some minutes. He and Green can't dribble, and KCP is often a walking disaster with the ball, so playing any of them together would be a problem.

At 34% I don't think teams would help off of him, with his reputation.. Oubre is a consistent 32% guy, sometimes below that...and everyone wanted him. Covington is a much better shooter than him, nearing 35% for the mean/majority of his year
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:04 pm    Post subject:

3pt volume is far more important for gravity than marginal 3pt efficiency.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:08 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:

Re: RoCo losing his starting spot, while that may be true initially, Green doesn't play a lot of minutes and usually picks up a few quick fouls being aggressive at the start of games. RoCo also starts at the 4 for Minny today. Obviously that wouldn't work on the Lakers, but it allows for extremely intriguing lineups.

Like say:
Lebron/Rondo
Caruso/AB
Green
Covington
AD

I'd much rather have go small with RoCo than have Kuzma at any position tbh.
BruceLee-Bron23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Got a question guys...I don’t know much about the buisness/financial side of the game but is there a chance the Clippers can come along and grab Izzy up? I’d be so pissed if the Clippers added more power.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:23 pm    Post subject:

The Clippers are only allowed to load manage one player, so if they wanted to trade for Iggy, then they would be forced to trade Kawhi. However, the Clippers could request a trade exception from the league office, which allows any team not the Lakers to make a lopsided trade, in which case, the league would allow any trade that satisfies the general public on Twitter.

Last edited by JUST-MING on Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
LaLaLakeShow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 3:24 pm    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
The Clippers are only allowed to load manage one player, so if they wanted to trade for Iggy, then they would be forced to trade Kawhi. However, they could request an exception, which allows any team not the Lakers to make a lopsided trade, in which case, the league would allow any trade that satisfies the general public on Twitter.

Lol
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:16 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
levon wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

At 34% I don't think teams would help off of him, with his reputation.. Oubre is a consistent 32% guy, sometimes below that...and everyone wanted him. Covington is a much better shooter than him, nearing 35% for the mean/majority of his year

I think people wanted Oubre more as a playmaker, but that would've been a disaster when Phoenix made whatever moves necessary to match (up to a point).

Teams help off of every shooter we have. Not so much that they can't recover to partially contest (as what's happening with the Bucks' Centers), but they'd rather give someone named Danny, Avery, or Kentavious a good look than let AD/LeBron go 1-on-1 or play a 2-man game together.

Even though 37% is 1.11 PPP, the passer must see the shooter, have a passing lane, and make an accurate pass, three things that can go wrong. If the pass is off, the shooter can get run off the line. If the pass doesn't have enough mustard on it, it can be deflected or give the defender time to recover.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:29 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:

Re: RoCo losing his starting spot, while that may be true initially, Green doesn't play a lot of minutes and usually picks up a few quick fouls being aggressive at the start of games. RoCo also starts at the 4 for Minny today. Obviously that wouldn't work on the Lakers, but it allows for extremely intriguing lineups.

Like say:
Lebron/Rondo
Caruso/AB
Green
Covington
AD

It would improve our defense against most teams, especially when AD plays more at the 5 in the playoffs. But our offense would suffer and Covington wouldn't be starting for the first time in years.

However, teams who are big at the 4/5 could be a problem. If RoCo guards the wing, LeBron is guarding the PF, something he doesn't like to do.

My hope is, try to develop Kuzma this year and if we don't like the long-term look of him with the team, he can be traded in the offseason with our first rounder. Possibly with Green thrown in as ballast.

Not sure if trading for RoCo would be selling high, and with his added salary plus the possible addition of a buyout or two, we might lose our MLE. I just don't see wings hurting us right now enough to make a rushed trade.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:34 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
ocho wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Russell only wanted serious bidders and, sources say, he had three: The Lakers — wouldn’t that have been quite the reunion? — nearing a potential $100 million offer but in limbo until Kawhi Leonard made his choice, the Wolves, up over $100 million but still needing to create cap room to get to his max, and the Warriors, offering the full max in a complicated sign-and-trade involving Durant.

Whoa....

As others have said, it’s hard to complain with where we’re at. There may have been fit issues with him on this team, but we’d also have a young star to ease us into the post-LeBron years. I was more rooting for a reunion because we did him wrong and it would have been nice to make good on it.

More importantly, I hope the organization learned from the bad years and can be a team that can support a young player in the future.

Yeah. That was my pitch. Get a 23 year old DLO with a 26 year old AD and we have a future and a present with a 34 year old LBJ.

Not crying over spilled milk at all, but we chose another path which is more of a short term run. I'm not complaining about that either.

I much prefer having Green, AB, Caruso and Rondo. Those guys combined make just under $25m.

Not even a question for me that this was the right call given Lebron’s age and the fact that the title window is wide open.

I'm not complaining at all about our current squad. Love them.

But AB was a room exception deal.

Rondo was a min.

Caruso IMO could have been retained at the minimum too.

So it's basically Green we're talking about here. There are certainly a lot of pros for him, but our point is that he's a limited 2 year window whereas a guy like DLO would give AD a possible 5-7 year window.

Sorry DLO is so overrated its not funny, especially at max money....LaVine lit him up the other night...Can't play D....I'm not a big Green guy but he fits a role and plays D. The Lakers will find someone else to team up with AD and I guarantee you it;ll be much better than DLO.

The problem is that they had the money this past offseason, it is doubtful that they do in the next 2-3 offseasons.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:34 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
levon wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:

Like say:
Lebron/Rondo
Caruso/AB
Green
Covington
AD

It would improve our defense against most teams, especially when AD plays more at the 5 in the playoffs. But our offense would suffer and Covington wouldn't be starting for the first time in years.

However, teams who are big at the 4/5 could be a problem. If RoCo guards the wing, LeBron is guarding the PF, something he doesn't like to do.

My hope is, try to develop Kuzma this year and if we don't like the long-term look of him with the team, he can be traded in the offseason with our first rounder. Possibly with Green thrown in as ballast.

Not sure if trading for RoCo would be selling high, and with his added salary plus the possible addition of a buyout or two, we might lose our MLE. I just don't see wings hurting us right now enough to make a rushed trade.

the regular season cannot be the guide to strategizing post season success...you know how I mean that? - we have a competition with 3 to 4 teams in this league, success vs them is how to guide strategy. We need wing defenders for those teams. Roco on Giannis, Kawhi, and Harden - is crucial.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:44 pm    Post subject:

The idea of getting Covington would be that he's a good wing defender we could use, almost as an Iggy replacement. (We can't count on him getting bought out.) Of course, getting Iggy on a buyout won't cost us whatever it will take to trade for Covington.

There's certainly a good chance that we just stand pat and see what happens on the buyout market. Remains to be seen.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:48 pm    Post subject:

what do you guys think of Kuz for Levert? his contract kicks in next year though.
ball handler or defender > Kuz.

Nets might want to plan to get Dinwiddie 30mpg and having the ball often, even when Kyrie is healthy. Next year, Kyrie, Dinwiddie, KD, are the guys you want with the ball in their hands all the time.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:54 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
what do you guys think of Kuz for Levert? his contract kicks in next year though.

Nets might want to plan to get Dinwiddie 30mpg and having the ball often, even when Kyrie is healthy. Next year, Kyrie, Dinwiddie, KD, are the guys you want with the ball in their hands all the time.

Love Levert. But I don’t think they make that deal.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:00 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Shiyuutttt!!!! Give me Caris or Spencer either and I’d be happy as a lark. Kuz still has 20/6/3 upside imo. But he simply doesn’t fit. I can’t stress enough how redundant it is to have your 3rd best player playing the same exact position as you first and second best player
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:04 pm    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Shiyuutttt!!!! Give me Caris or Spencer either and I’d be happy as a lark. Kuz still has 20/6/3 upside imo. But he simply doesn’t fit. I can’t stress enough how redundant it is to have your 3rd best player playing the same exact position as you first and second best player

Dinwiddie has proven that he needs to be a major option w the Nets now and going forward.. tough to do that with an extra ballhanlder in Levert. They’re keeping Dinwiddie; Levert hasn’t proven himself close to Dinwiddie’s level ——- and maybe that’s just cuz the injury problems are dubious , and rollercoaster his play
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:05 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Love Levert. But I don’t think they make that deal.

Also like LeVert but he has a poison pill contract after this year. So The Nets night have to deep into luxury if they hold on into him and want to keep Harris. I like Prince too.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:08 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:
levon wrote:
Laker_Dynasty_01 wrote:

Like say:
Lebron/Rondo
Caruso/AB
Green
Covington
AD

the regular season cannot be the guide to strategizing post season success...you know how I mean that? - we have a competition with 3 to 4 teams in this league, success vs them is how to guide strategy. We need wing defenders for those teams. Roco on Giannis, Kawhi, and Harden - is crucial.

If we put RoCo on Harden, we're setting up a wall behind them anyway. Harden could take him off the dribble, just don't see bigger wings on Harden too often. Making Harden change direction multiple times is the goal.

Giannis would require a five-man effort no matter who is on him, and at this point in his career, if he shoots over someone like Green/Dudley, I say let him go for it.

Kawhi would be wise not to go for 40 and let PG/Lou/Trez share the load. We'd play them in the Conference Finals, most likely. With a high seed there's better-than-even chance the Rockets and Clippers have to go through each other.
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:11 pm    Post subject:

I know the play in 2021 offseason is Greak Freak but if they doesn’t happened what do you guys think about going after Olidipo or Drummond?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3880, 3881, 3882 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 3881 of 8560
Jump to: