OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3887, 3888, 3889 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:20 pm    Post subject:

Is it wrong to be willing to trade a young Laker draftee who, if he stays in line with how other Lakers developed (and he's the lowest drafted) wouldn't be a positive player until year 3 -- for a guy who has the upside to really contribute to a possible championship now? both have the same level of dubiousness related to contributing imo, one guy just lines up to our championship timeline..
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:23 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Pesci, all I’m saying is this is a Klutch team. Cook is one of AD’s people...

It’s not about it being a no-brainer. Even if it is, good luck convincing a tanking Memphis team that doesn’t need Cook.

Memphis doesn't like saving money?

Is Cook untradeable from the Lakers?

Be clear.

I’m not fighting you

Memphis has no interest in Cook imo, they will look for picks/other assets.

Cook is not untradeable. It just won’t be for Jackson and it will have to get the ok from Klutch and AD imo.

I agree that Memphis has zero need for Cook.
I also agree that the Lakers would have to run it past Davis and James.

What Memphis wants for Jackson and what they get are two different things.

I think they'd be happy to save some dough in any Jackson deal, and Davis and James agree to the smart play here of acquiring a former top four pick with defensive upside.

Just my two cents though.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:26 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

It’s not about it being a no-brainer. Even if it is, good luck convincing a tanking Memphis team that doesn’t need Cook.

Be clear.

I’m not fighting you

Cook is not untradeable. It just won’t be for Jackson and it will have to get the ok from Klutch and AD imo.

I think they'd be happy to save some dough in any Jackson deal, and Davis and James agree to the smart play here of acquiring a former top four pick with defensive upside.

I would hope AD and Lebron would say yes to a Jackson/Cook swap. We really need that wing defender.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:29 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Be clear.

I’m not fighting you

I would hope AD and Lebron would say yes to a Jackson/Cook swap. We really need that wing defender.

during the season I wouldn't ask players who they're willing to trade - because they've already built relationships with these guys, and that could influence they're willingness to want them gone / their willingness to bare the blame of uprooting a player..might be tough for AD to look Cook in the eye or be friends with him afterwords.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:44 pm    Post subject:

On the Bogdan or Davis Bertans train at the moment, mainly because we wouldn't have to send out much salary to land either player. Just not sure how high the Kings and Wizards would be on Kuzma. Bogdan is more of a playmaker/decent shooter and his team would have RFA-matching rights, but Bertans (who will be UFA) is having a Steph Curry-like shooting year and he offers that from the forward spot.
SGVL1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Not to mention Vlade and Pop prob wouldn’t trade with us. Let alone make a 23-3 better
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:12 pm    Post subject:

SGVL1 wrote:
Not to mention Vlade and Pop prob wouldn’t trade with us. Let alone make a 23-3 better

Bertans plays for wizards
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:15 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
during the season I wouldn't ask players who they're willing to trade - because they've already built relationships with these guys, and that could influence they're willingness to want them gone / their willingness to bare the blame of uprooting a player..might be tough for AD to look Cook in the eye or be friends with him afterwords.

Yep that’s why I said human element. Pelinka and FO know they have to be careful with this team/chemistry.

It’s pretty clear everyone on this team cares about each other. Their chemistry/brotherhood is one of their strengths.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:36 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

Yep that’s why I said human element. Pelinka and FO know they have to be careful with this team/chemistry.

It’s pretty clear everyone on this team cares about each other. Their chemistry/brotherhood is one of their strengths.

We already know Pelinka ran every roster addition past Lebron and AD, so if there's a potential trade, they will definitely be consulted. Though I'm curious whether Lebron/AD would pretend to be in the dark on it. If that happens, we'll know it's a lie.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:50 am    Post subject:

We got a preview of our WCF (Clippers) and Finals (Bucks) opponents coming up with trading season (12/15) looming. I could see Pelinka going all in. Would love to get Bertrans off of the Wizards and add him to this team, for example.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:17 am    Post subject:

Texas_Pete wrote:
We got a preview of our WCF (Clippers) and Finals (Bucks) opponents coming up with trading season (12/15) looming. I could see Pelinka going all in. Would love to get Bertrans off of the Wizards and add him to this team, for example.

I'd love that. Dude is a sniper.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:17 am    Post subject:

I said this before and I honestly believe it: If its not broke...... I know its fun to talk about trades and planning moves come Dec 15th. If something negative happens (poor play, injuries, etc.) down the road, we can make an adjustment at that time. February 6th is a long ways away so we have plenty of time to make necessary changes. If a deal presents itself that is to good to pass up (yeah right, because teams love us and are looking to help out), we can strike. However, we are not going to do nothing more than a very minor tweak. I think Rob prefers to stand pat and keep our limited flexibility for the off season. I do not think we should underestimate the good vibe going around (yes I know its easy when a team is winning). This team actually appears to really like each other. I am not sure if LJ and AD would give their blessing to a trade in the immediate future (if at all). Nothing is going to happen without their concurrence.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:29 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
I said this before and I honestly believe it: If its not broke...... I know its fun to talk about trades and planning moves come Dec 15th. If something negative happens (poor play, injuries, etc.) down the road, we can make an adjustment at that time. February 6th is a long ways away so we have plenty of time to make necessary changes. If a deal presents itself that is to good to pass up (yeah right, because teams love us and are looking to help out), we can strike. However, we are not going to do nothing more than a very minor tweak. I think Rob prefers to stand pat and keep our limited flexibility for the off season. I do not think we should underestimate the good vibe going around (yes I know its easy when a team is winning). This team actually appears to really like each other. I am not sure if LJ and AD would give their blessing to a trade in the immediate future (if at all). Nothing is going to happen without their concurrence.

What you're saying here isn't debatable. They're a good team. They don't need alot, so there aren't "huge" moves to be made.

I expect one or two players to join the team (probably both wings) at the expense of Cook and/or Daniels. That's it.

I was guilty of wanting to trade Rondo and Cousins for most of the season to shire up weaknesses, but I know that letting voices like those go would be detrimental to the spirit of this team.

Roster improvements shold be made, but only at the expense of Cook and Daniels.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:37 am    Post subject:

Nicely done Joe. No issues with what your saying. I am not sure if our 2 GM's that don uniforms would sign off on Cook. There does not seem to be the same allegiance to Daniels, but who really knows.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:46 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

No doubt they care about each other, but Davis and especially James also want to win. That being said, if there was an opportunity presented where they could improve their chances of competing and ultimately winning a championship, they do it.

James knows that he will be judged by rings, so anything that moves him closer to that goal will be on the table for him.

They'd be open to trading a teammate in a second if it meant incremental improvement on the court. They know that Leonard and George are a force. They also know Green and James (and Davis) are the only two guys on the whole damn roster who have a chance guarding them.

The emotions have to be taken out of business decisions. Davis may be new to this but certainly James isn't. He knows they have to go through the Clippers. He knows they need another body or two to throw at Leonard and George.

There are only 15 spots. Cook and Daniels' spots are the only expendable areas on the roster. This is where the improvement and "upgrades" must occur.

James and Davis will send Cook well wishes and a care package and be done with it. I'm sure they care about him, but Cook is a man. He'll be alright, and James and Davis know this.

I'm not besmudging emotions. They have their place for sure but, for a man, only within reason. Davis and James can't be "ruled" by them.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:57 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
Nicely done Joe. No issues with what your saying. I am not sure if our 2 GM's that don uniforms would sign off on Cook. There does not seem to be the same allegiance to Daniels, but who really knows.

I know you're just guessing like me, but I keep hearing this same sentiment repeated that Cook isn't easily traded because of his relationship with Davis and James.

If this is true, where's the line exactly?

Do Davis and James agree to trade him for anyone? If so, how to they rationalize any scenario in which their friend is traded?

Are they telling Cook "we only agreed to it little homie because Bogdanovic is one helluva shooter."

Where's the line in this line of thinking that Cook will be difficult to trade?

In my opinion, it's tremendously overstated. Davis and James don't want Cook salary dumped so the owner can save money (like Riley and Mickey Arion did with James' friend Mike Miller on the Heat), but any trade that "makes logical sense" as a genuine attempt to improve this roster and better the team's chances at a ring will be met with mature understanding of how this process works. Davis and James and Cook all know "the game".
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:50 am    Post subject:

Like you said, nobody knows and its all a guess and conjecture. "IF" LJ and AD are fond of Cook, I do not see them signing off on a trade of just Cook for a couple of reasons. Does a trade of Cook by himself really move the envelope and can the Lakers substitute Daniels for Cook in the purposed insignificant trade? I think it may change (my opinion which is worthless just like everyones) if Cook is part of a bigger trade (Kuz and or others) to get a bigger fish that they feel really improves the team. I think if that was the case, they would both say "adios" in a hot minute.
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:53 am    Post subject:

Cook, Kuzma and cash for Bogdanovic?
LonzoLegend2
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:29 am    Post subject:

Daniels or Dud for old man Vince lol

Gives him a title shot before he finnaly hangs up his sneakers.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:36 am    Post subject:

RI Laker wrote:
Like you said, nobody knows and its all a guess and conjecture. "IF" LJ and AD are fond of Cook, I do not see them signing off on a trade of just Cook for a couple of reasons. Does a trade of Cook by himself really move the envelope and can the Lakers substitute Daniels for Cook in the purposed insignificant trade? I think it may change (my opinion which is worthless just like everyones) if Cook is part of a bigger trade (Kuz and or others) to get a bigger fish that they feel really improves the team. I think if that was the case, they would both say "adios" in a hot minute.

Noone really knows for sure, but I do know that a trade noone thought would "move the envelope" -- Maurice Evans and Brian Cook for Trevor Ariza -- did, in fact, end up moving the envelope.

Josh Jackson, if available for Cook, would qualify as the same type of low risk trade for a position of need that has a high payoff if the stars align properly.

If (big if) Cook can fetch an athletic defender in the mode of a young Ariza or Josh Jackson, you do it ... with the blessing of your two stars.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:37 am    Post subject:

SPO200 wrote:

Why for Sacramento?
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:39 am    Post subject:

Ready to trade kuzma, injuries or not he doesn’t fit

Prefer a young wing defender in return

Winslow I like- pjiddy recommended
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:44 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
SPO200 wrote:

Why for Sacramento?

He wants to be a starter, sac has buddy their

So yeah get something in return
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:44 am    Post subject:

Keep an eye out for ATL you guys.

They just waived Wallace, now have 2 open roster spots and are the only team with significant cap space having about 5m in room.

They did this all the day before Dec. 15th when free agents signed this summer are now eligible to be traded.

They can now be a 3rd team to help grease a deal that needs to dump salary. 8 teams this past summer became hardcapped, so ATL can help those teams out.

Last edited by vasashi17+ on Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:48 am; edited 2 times in total
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:45 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Ready to trade kuzma, injuries or not he doesn’t fit

Prefer a young wing defender in return

Winslow I like- pjiddy recommended

Miami doesn't need Kuzma.

Any trade proposal involving Kuzma must be made with a reasoning as to why the proposed trade partner has a need for him.

Sacramento (for Bogdanovic) and Miami (for Winslow) don't need Kuzma they have other guys at his position who are balling out (Bjelica and Duncan Robinson.

Try again.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 3887, 3888, 3889 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 3888 of 8560
Jump to: