KG: "I'm in it for the long haul"
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
G1 Hydrogenic
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject:

T'Wolves have proven that they aren't going anywhere with KG, and they've also proven that they can't get anyone around him to help him out (aside from one good year). It's time to let go of him.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject:

Spoken like a true Laker fan.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:56 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
No matter, the fact is, they are trying to improve the team.

That's an improvement?

Quote:
It is highly unlikely they will make those moves, then after a few weeks, give up and trade KG.

They may well have made those moves in a ill-thought out attempt to appease KG. He's probably complained about the roster since missing the playoffs last season. McHale probably thought Ricky Davis was going to keep him from asking to be traded. There are other dumb GMs in the world besides Mitch.

Quote:
It shows where Minny's mind is, and it isn't in getting rid of KG.

Ok, and they're going to improve how? I don't really care if they wallow in mediocrity for the next 10 years. No big deal to me. Or if KG retires ringless.

I'm saying from a logical point of view that franchise is in dead-end mode and it is obvious to every sportswriter/commentator/fan. They're in the position the Lakers would be if Shaq had been extended and Kobe walked. No cap room, mediocre players with kind of crappy contracts around him, and no real way to improve.

Now you can argue all you want that they aren't trading KG to us. And I will agree.

But you can't argue that they're sticking with KG forever. He'll get shopped, if not now, then this summer. I imagine McHale will get the boot first, but KG is gone sooner or later. I mean they have to build a team from scratch around him with no cap room and no trade assets. He's going to be 31 next season. You explain to me how they plan on making even a playoff team, forget contender, around a 31 year old player with no other stars? The only hope that franchise has at rebuilding is move KG now, or let him play till his opt out in 2 seasons, and rebuild then. Letting him walk for nothing seems stupid. His trade value declines as he gets into his 30s. They get maxmium value now.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: