Post here if you believe the Lakers will win a ring this year
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 13 Apr 2001
Posts: 28830

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:03 pm    Post subject:

With a good deal of luck, we could do it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message ICQ Number Reply with quote
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Oct 2012
Posts: 1548

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Calling it now. Lakers -2019 nba champion!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Oct 2003
Posts: 4358
Location: Santa Monica

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject:

If Ingram or Kuzma averages at least 20 pts a game to become a legit sidekick to Lebron, and if we finish in the top 6 or 7 in defensive efficiency then it's possible, though it still seems unlikely right now.

I remember when Phil Jackson came here in 1999, people predicted that we would be good but not a championship caliber team. That roster seemed to have some major holes before the season started. Instead, we had several long winning streaks, finished #1 in defense and won the world championship.

You never know what will happen in sports.
_________________
"Lindsay Hunter is starting to make Devean George look like John Stockton" - Bill Walton, Game 4 of the 2002 WCFs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KobeShaqalliance
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 01 Jul 2001
Posts: 206

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:28 pm    Post subject:

It's funny to me seeing so many people say the Lakers have no chance. Vegas disagrees. After the Warriors and Celtics, Lakers are 8-1 to win it all. I see all these posts saying how great OKC and the ThJazz are. They are 45-1 and 90-1 respectively.

If the Warriors have injuries, and the Lakers get Kuzma or Ingram to be a consistent scorer next to Lebron the Lakers have a shot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Mar 2016
Posts: 1465

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:32 pm    Post subject:

What do the analytics say?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Gellollo
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Jul 2008
Posts: 1176

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:49 pm    Post subject:

If we don't win, we will at least exceed expectations for sure.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GTL
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Feb 2008
Posts: 8804

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:26 pm    Post subject:

I do. I do truly believe we can win it all.

Anything can happen in an NBA season.

I believe.

Do you?
_________________
Are You A Clippers Fan?
Are You Depressed?
Need Help?
Call Us Now at 1-800 10 10 10
That's 1-800 Won Nothing Won Nothing Won Nothing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
GTL
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Feb 2008
Posts: 8804

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:27 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
If Ingram or Kuzma averages at least 20 pts a game to become a legit sidekick to Lebron, and if we finish in the top 6 or 7 in defensive efficiency then it's possible, though it still seems unlikely right now.

I remember when Phil Jackson came here in 1999, people predicted that we would be good but not a championship caliber team. That roster seemed to have some major holes before the season started. Instead, we had several long winning streaks, finished #1 in defense and won the world championship.

You never know what will happen in sports.


I remember that. I also remember many analysts ranking us the favorites to win the West in 98 and 99, with what was universally considered a stacked team. We should have hypothetically faced the Bulls in 98, but bad coaching imo was our main downfall.
_________________
Are You A Clippers Fan?
Are You Depressed?
Need Help?
Call Us Now at 1-800 10 10 10
That's 1-800 Won Nothing Won Nothing Won Nothing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 29473

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:37 pm    Post subject:

Gellollo wrote:
If we don't win, we will at least exceed expectations for sure.


Can't say much. It's a new team
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 26838

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:37 pm    Post subject:

it's certainly possible. LeBron could play at an MVP level, the young guys could all have big jumps this year, And the new guys could all fit together well. I think that's unlikely but sure it's possible
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
E=MC²
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Dec 2010
Posts: 10740

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:40 pm    Post subject:

If Warriors suffer a single significant injury, the door is open.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 22347
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:44 pm    Post subject:

E=MC² wrote:
If Warriors suffer a single significant injury, the door is open.


This is just ridiculous, we have arguably the best player all off time, the Lakers can take out the current Warriors, it’s gonna depend rather BI or Lonzo or even Kuzma turn into a star.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GTL
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Feb 2008
Posts: 8804

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:48 pm    Post subject:

E=MC² wrote:
If Warriors suffer a single significant injury, the door is open.


Not that’s I’m hoping for this, but it depends on who gets injured.

If Green gets hurt and they have a fairly healthy Cousins in the lineup, they are still the team to beat.

If Durant or Curry are out, certainly that diminishes their chances in the West and the East if they make the finals.

If Klay is out, and Cousins is healthy, they will be slightly exposed as it takes away arguably their best spot up shooter, but still dominant.

If Cousins doesn’t play at all or is in and out due to his injury, it sort of exposes them in the paint, only because the C position is their weakest (if you can even use the term weak when referring to this all star team). They lost Javale, who was somewhat of a paint protector for them. But still doesn’t negate the fact that they essentially can play anyone they want at center (which they do often anyway with their spread offense small ball).

I do believe we’re a vastly underrated team going into this season and I think our current lineup is constructed in a way to give a team like the Warriors fits. That’s clearly what Magic and Rob envisioned and I think it’s going to be successful assuming the improvement of Ingram and Kuzma is where it should be next year, which I believe it will be.

Tldr: it’s a crapshoot only if they end up losing Steph or Kevin.
_________________
Are You A Clippers Fan?
Are You Depressed?
Need Help?
Call Us Now at 1-800 10 10 10
That's 1-800 Won Nothing Won Nothing Won Nothing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 22347
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:52 pm    Post subject:

Can we please stop mentioning how we can beat the Warriors while hoping they lose a player to injury? Isn’t the beauty of sports .. beating teams at full strength?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Apr 2013
Posts: 13410
Location: Brazil

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:01 pm    Post subject:

GTL wrote:
slavavov wrote:
If Ingram or Kuzma averages at least 20 pts a game to become a legit sidekick to Lebron, and if we finish in the top 6 or 7 in defensive efficiency then it's possible, though it still seems unlikely right now.

I remember when Phil Jackson came here in 1999, people predicted that we would be good but not a championship caliber team. That roster seemed to have some major holes before the season started. Instead, we had several long winning streaks, finished #1 in defense and won the world championship.

You never know what will happen in sports.


I remember that. I also remember many analysts ranking us the favorites to win the West in 98 and 99, with what was universally considered a stacked team. We should have hypothetically faced the Bulls in 98, but bad coaching imo was our main downfall.


Poor Del Harris, it was the chance of a lifetime and he threw it away
_________________
SPEAK IT INTO EXISTENCE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GTL
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Feb 2008
Posts: 8804

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:02 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Can we please stop mentioning how we can beat the Warriors while hoping they lose a player to injury? Isn’t the beauty of sports .. beating teams at full strength?


Just hypothetical. I prefaced it with I don’t hope or want any of their guys to get hurt. I would love to beat them at full strength.
_________________
Are You A Clippers Fan?
Are You Depressed?
Need Help?
Call Us Now at 1-800 10 10 10
That's 1-800 Won Nothing Won Nothing Won Nothing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
LVLAKERFAN
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 5304
Location: United States

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:03 pm    Post subject:

I think we have a better chance than the Utaz Jazz. Think we can be a top 5 team in the entire league.
_________________
2018/2019 Roster - 58 Wins
Lonzo/Rondo/Bonga
Hart/Caldwell-Pope/Lance
Ingram/Lebron/Lance/Svi
Lebron/Kuzma/Beasley/Wagner/
McGee/Zubac/Wagner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GTL
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Feb 2008
Posts: 8804

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:05 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
GTL wrote:
slavavov wrote:
If Ingram or Kuzma averages at least 20 pts a game to become a legit sidekick to Lebron, and if we finish in the top 6 or 7 in defensive efficiency then it's possible, though it still seems unlikely right now.

I remember when Phil Jackson came here in 1999, people predicted that we would be good but not a championship caliber team. That roster seemed to have some major holes before the season started. Instead, we had several long winning streaks, finished #1 in defense and won the world championship.

You never know what will happen in sports.


I remember that. I also remember many analysts ranking us the favorites to win the West in 98 and 99, with what was universally considered a stacked team. We should have hypothetically faced the Bulls in 98, but bad coaching imo was our main downfall.


Poor Del Harris, it was the chance of a lifetime and he threw it away


Seriously, that 98 team was stacked with talent. I used to have fun debates with my buddy who was an avid Bulls fan. We watched the all star game together in hopes that it was a preview for Jordan vs Kobe in the finals, the “passing of the torch”. It was a few years too early, but the league had taken notice. That would have been such a fun and historic finals series. Del Harris...ugh.
_________________
Are You A Clippers Fan?
Are You Depressed?
Need Help?
Call Us Now at 1-800 10 10 10
That's 1-800 Won Nothing Won Nothing Won Nothing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
ducasse2
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 11 Nov 2017
Posts: 93

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:08 pm    Post subject:

There's a small chance. If the Lakers win it this year Lebron should be ranked #1 all-time.

Last edited by ducasse2 on Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ringfinger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 08 Oct 2013
Posts: 23276

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Remember, it took a year for Lebron, joining forces with Wade and Bosh, to gel enough to win it all.

So is there a chance? Sure. There’s a chance you win the state lottery, but our chances aren’t great. But thats ok with me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GTL
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Feb 2008
Posts: 8804

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:26 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Remember, it took a year for Lebron, joining forces with Wade and Bosh, to gel enough to win it all.

So is there a chance? Sure. There’s a chance you win the state lottery, but our chances aren’t great. But thats ok with me.


Well to be fair that was a lock out season and Miami seemingly choked it away in the finals. But they still got there and were favorites to win despite Dallas shocking the world.
_________________
Are You A Clippers Fan?
Are You Depressed?
Need Help?
Call Us Now at 1-800 10 10 10
That's 1-800 Won Nothing Won Nothing Won Nothing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Apr 2002
Posts: 11735

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:28 pm    Post subject:

VICTORY!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjMQbzBhTb4
_________________
Suck it, whiners. I have TWC!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 22347
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:33 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Remember, it took a year for Lebron, joining forces with Wade and Bosh, to gel enough to win it all.

So is there a chance? Sure. There’s a chance you win the state lottery, but our chances aren’t great. But thats ok with me.


I just checked there 2011 roster, they didn’t have impressive depth while this Lakers team does
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GTL
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Feb 2008
Posts: 8804

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:41 pm    Post subject:

If you watched any of the Cavs playoffs games this past season, than you know not to count out any team LeBron plays for. He was that good. Historical good. So ya, combined with our currently assembled roster, led by King James, I’m all in.
_________________
Are You A Clippers Fan?
Are You Depressed?
Need Help?
Call Us Now at 1-800 10 10 10
That's 1-800 Won Nothing Won Nothing Won Nothing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
Artesties
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Jul 2009
Posts: 1036

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:49 pm    Post subject:

Yeah I def think we’re in the mix. If KD, Steph or Klay go down (not rooting for injury) I like our chances.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB