What's the most you've ever spent on a pair of sunglasses?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:05 pm    Post subject:

Roughly $250. Prescription with polarization for work.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:43 pm    Post subject:

Bought a pair of Maui Jim volcanoes a while back (black and tortoise) for about 150 bucks a piece. They're no longer in production. any time they pop up on ebay they go anywhere from $400-600. Still my two faves.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:47 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
ocho wrote:
Heartburn wrote:
I spent $400 on a pair of Prada glasses when I was in my 20s. I lost them in about 3 weeks.

Without fail, if I spend more than $40 on sunglasses, I break them or lose them. At this point, my favorites are the wayfarer style shades from Vans. $12 a piece.

I’m the opposite. I bought cheap CVS sunglasses for years and constantly broke or lost them. I finally bought a nice pair and they’ve been with me for years.

That's me as well. I have 3 pairs of Maui Jims that I have bought over the years (different lens colors for different conditions and sports). Since they are fairly pricey, I take care of them and keep track of them like they are my car keys or phone. I have one pair that I have had at least 10 years.

I bought a new pair this year because I had noticed my pair was showing wear on the frames about the same time I got a sunglass hut coupon in the mail....but I have yet to change them out with the older pair I keep in my car and wear 90% of the time, and they are a pair of Versace I bought around 2010.

I am guessing California is similar....but in Florida, sunglasses are just a necessity 12 months a year.
Conker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:00 am    Post subject:

Never. I wear glasses so that's maybe why.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:59 pm    Post subject:

kcxiv wrote:
0.00 back in the 90's i traded some RayBans for a half ounce of weed though! lol Im not a Sunglasses person!

You a fan of Crow's Feet?
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:04 am    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
Got two pairs of RayBans.

The Justin’s were about $180 and the wayfarer’s were about $220
man i miss my blue faded justins. messed around and left them in Maggianos one evening. still mad about it. I have other payers of Rays but those were the perfect fit, feel and look all rolled into one.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 12:22 pm    Post subject:

maybe like $5. Even if I was a multi-millionaire I wouldnt buy expensive sunglasses.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:25 pm    Post subject:

anyone use "driving glasses" at night? I am not sure what their actual real name is, but those yellow tinted glasses that are supposed to reduce glare? The last couple years I have had some issues with headlight glares and seeing well driving at night. A friend suggested them....did some minimal research and mostly mixed reviews (leaning towards them not working well). I have never wore glasses or contacts, and recently had an eye exam....everything still good, but nighttime driving seems like my vision has diminished.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:49 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:
Got two pairs of RayBans.

The Justin’s were about $180 and the wayfarer’s were about $220
man i miss my blue faded justins. messed around and left them in Maggianos one evening. still mad about it. I have other payers of Rays but those were the perfect fit, feel and look all rolled into one.

I’ve got the matte black Justin’s but they have a tiny scratch on the lense right in my line of vision so they’ve taken a backseat to the wayfarers.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:53 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
anyone use "driving glasses" at night? I am not sure what their actual real name is, but those yellow tinted glasses that are supposed to reduce glare? The last couple years I have had some issues with headlight glares and seeing well driving at night. A friend suggested them....did some minimal research and mostly mixed reviews (leaning towards them not working well). I have never wore glasses or contacts, and recently had an eye exam....everything still good, but nighttime driving seems like my vision has diminished.

HD vision as seen on TV. I got a pair out of drunken curiosity. They worked surprisingly well however I looked like a complete idiot wearing them so the curiosity passed quickly.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: