Official General 2019 NBA Draft Talk Thread (Lakers Get 46th Pick/Talen Horton-Tucker, Sign Cacok, Norvell, Caroline)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78 ... 439, 440, 441  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:09 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

So that makes the Mocks wrong?

Who made you right?

Switch it around, see what you get.

As a follow-up, I do hope some team drafts Nassir Little before pick #10. That would be great for the Lakers.

He reads like a typical workout warrior. I'm sure he has the intangibles. I don't think the Lakers would be the best environment to foster his skill set.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:09 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Switch it around, see what you get.

wow.....so you run interference now?

Are you running interference now...?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:23 am    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
matigol wrote:
We don't win the lottery and Zion doesn't slip to the 10th spot

Who do You guys think that we draft at #10?

White
Nassir
Keldon
Hunter

Those are my favorites at 10 and I think it's realistic

If Coby White is available, I'd pick him in a heartbeat

Bol Bol (depending on the health of his feet)
Brandon Clarke
De'Andre Hunter
Coby White
Jontay Porter
Grant Williams
NAW

Nassir Little is a truly dumb basketball player and I hope the Lakers avoid him altogether. Keldon Johnson seems like a fungible backup shooter type who can be found anywhere in any draft. Svi might have been a better prospect than Johnson.

20 pts. 7 rebs. 8/11 FG, 3/3 FT in 21 mins vs Was.

I'll take that dumb mofo at 10.

You'd be telling on yourself, but go right ahead with your one game sample size.

About 80% of the mock drafts have him inside the top 10.

Who's dumb now?

About 80% of the mock drafts.

Mock drafts with Little currently mocked in the top 10:

CBS (#7)
SI (#9)
SBNation (#9)

Mock drafts with Little currently mocked outside the top 10:

Tankathon (#15)
ESPN DX (#16)
BR (#31)
The Stepien (#25)

What's worse is when even the more reputable sites like DX had Little as high as #1 over a year ago, settled in at #3 months before the season, and then the drop....

Early projections like that aren't anything to bank on, because as every NCAA season proves, the talent gets revealed on the court throughout the season.

Even RJ Barrett was considered #1. At least I can even make arguments for him even over Zion even though I wouldn't.

I can't do that with Little.

LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:42 am    Post subject:

Tankathon moved Goga Bitadze into the 10 spot for what it’s worth. Anybody seen him on film?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:46 am    Post subject:

LakersMD wrote:
Tankathon moved Goga Bitadze into the 10 spot for what it’s worth. Anybody seen him on film?

Yes. He's a legit player. I usually don't have a strong feel for European competition, but it wouldn't surprise me if he went late lotto to mid 1st round. Really versatile skill set, kind of reminds you of Vucevic before adding the 3-point range. Strong dude, not great vert, solid motor. Good touch from midrange and capable of hitting slight turnaround Js from post position.

Underrated shotblocker, but more by position than athleticism.

https://www.thestepien.com/2018/03/26/prospect-breakdown-goga-bitadze/

Keep in mind that article was written 1 year ago. He's progressed since then and the players in the draft have squeezed themselves into higher positions.

His vid from last year.

LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:53 am    Post subject:

Watched his tankathon vids. Looks like he’s got soft hands and a nice stroke. Can see why people like him.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 9:58 am    Post subject:

LakersMD wrote:
Watched his tankathon vids. Looks like he’s got a nice stroke.

A bit slower on the release but he has great touch. I think his mobility has gotten better since that scouting vid for sure.

It's just really hard to consider bigs in the lottery unless they're tremendously dominant over other positions like last year, or stick out at the top like this year, especially when you can get JaVale McGee for the vet min.

Basically if there's a way to get 2-3 of that type (like McGee, Thomas Bryant, Ivica Zubac), you're pretty much set unless one can shoot. Even Brook Lopez (who I think is underrated in terms of impact) had his value drop tremendously, until he had to learn how to play like a 3 and D (interior defense) wing.

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:54 am    Post subject:

Coby White at a not particularly bouncy 6'4-ish is hitting 66.7% of his shots at the rim with only 19.5% of his attempts being assisted.

For comparison, RJ Barrett is hitting 64.3% of his shots at the rim with 36.6% of his attempts being assisted.

It'd be interesting to see a breakdown of White's attempts at the rim in the half-court versus in transition.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:00 am    Post subject:

Coby White at a not particularly bouncy 6'4-ish is hitting 66.7% of his shots at the rim with only 19.5% of his attempts being assisted.

For comparison, RJ Barrett is hitting 64.3% of his shots at the rim with 36.6% of his attempts being assisted.

It'd be interesting to see a breakdown of White's attempts at the rim in the half-court versus in transition.

And not that the Lakers are really drafting for the long-term anymore, but a future backcourt of Lonzo and Coby could be a synergistic match and a lot of fun.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:08 am    Post subject:

And not that the Lakers are really drafting for the long-term anymore, but a future backcourt of Lonzo and Coby could be a synergistic match and a lot of fun.
Yessir! I would love to see that backcourt.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:19 am    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
There are seriously fans who would trade Zion for AD?

No

Zion is the next big superstar. He is a more likeable LeBron.

I would depending on the offer. Also AD was a higher rated NBA draft prospect in college than Zion.

Hell NO, Zion is on another level .
Dude is LeBron on roids.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:39 am    Post subject:

Agreed, though I do trust Coby's finishing *just enough* next level. He's a big reason for getting those transition opportunities.

KIROE has pointed out some sloppy ball-handling, but in a weak tier 2 draft like this, every prospect has something glaring.

I'm hoping he has mitts like Crittenton did. It seems to be evident with the amount of ball control on the step backs.

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 11:47 am    Post subject:

This is my take and why Coby is my #1 guy in our range.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

Agreed, though I do trust Coby's finishing *just enough* next level. He's a big reason for getting those transition opportunities.

KIROE has pointed out some sloppy ball-handling, but in a weak tier 2 draft like this, every prospect has something glaring.

I'm hoping he has mitts like Crittenton did. It seems to be evident with the amount of ball control on the step backs.

Yea when I was only watching highlights of him about 3 weeks ago, I was actually really impressed by his ballhandling - but watching his 2 tourney games, it's been so sloppy - he's lost the ball himself, it's just slipped out of his hands more than a few times - 3 times last game. And the first tourney game I saw his handle slowing him down, cuz he wasn't confident it would stick w him

this play and 2 plays later in the corner, you see the same thing. A game a couple months ago. He just loses the ball. I asked a UNC fan and they said his handle has been inconsistent and loose like this all year.
Now I've cooled on him - used to have him at about #9 ; I thought he was gunna be a really skilled creator/shot maker. now the creating is really in question
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:07 pm    Post subject:

That video was a wild carry over before the turnover too. Woof.

But at least that's more of a refinement thing, than a guy that actually has to learn how to crossover with timing.

To some extent, every player's creating is in question. Culver with his shot, RJ with his shake, Garland with his injury and transfer from SG to PG, Morant with his shot and finishing, etc.

Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:30 pm    Post subject:

Re: Bol Bol, we've seen mammoth men like Ilgauskas, Lopez, and Embiid overcome multiple foot and ankle injuries over the past two decades. A stress fracture early on is not necessarily a death knell for a young big man's career.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:32 pm    Post subject:

Re: Bol Bol, we've seen mammoth men like Ilgauskas, Lopez, and Embiid overcome multiple foot and ankle injuries over the past two decades. A stress fracture early on is not necessarily a death knell for a young big man's career.

You trust that high CofG?

Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:41 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
LakersMD wrote:

Yes. He's a legit player. I usually don't have a strong feel for European competition, but it wouldn't surprise me if he went late lotto to mid 1st round. Really versatile skill set, kind of reminds you of Vucevic before adding the 3-point range. Strong dude, not great vert, solid motor. Good touch from midrange and capable of hitting slight turnaround Js from post position.

Keep in mind that article was written 1 year ago. He's progressed since then and the players in the draft have squeezed themselves into higher positions.

His vid from last year.

He was loaned to Buducnost in December and has been playing the Euroleague since. He leads the league in BPG by far (2.5BPG, Walter Tavares is the second with 1.7BPG) and has been playing quite well.

He seems to be the front runner to win the Rising Star Award, given to the best under-22 player in the Euroleague.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:43 pm    Post subject:

Eindhoven wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
LakersMD wrote:

His vid from last year.

He was loaned to Buducnost in December and has been playing the Euroleague since. He leads the league in BPG by far (2.5BPG, Walter Tavares is the second with 1.7BPG) and has been playing quite well.

He seems to be the front runner to win the Rising Star Award, given to the best under-22 player in the Euroleague.

Yep, like I said, as high as late lotto wouldn't surprise me. I don't even think Zubac used to swat at his level and he was a great 2nd rounder.

Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Bitadze numbers so far: 12ppg, 6.3rpg, 1.1apg, 2.5bpg, playing 24mpg. He only played 12 games in the Euroleague so far, as he landed in Buducnost only last December, on loan. He has contract with Mega Bemax (former Mega Leks, same team Zubac came from)
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
Eindhoven wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
LakersMD wrote:

His vid from last year.

Yep, like I said, as high as late lotto wouldn't surprise me. I don't even think Zubac used to swat at his level and he was a great 2nd rounder.

Zubac was more of a project when he left, was barely a starter on Mega Leks. Bitadze is playing the Euroleague, which Zubac never did.

Fun fact, Bitadze plays with Earl Clark and Norris Cole in Montenegro.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:54 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:

You trust that high CofG?

Is there a physiological correlation between high CofG and stress fractures?
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:55 pm    Post subject:

I haven't caught any recent games. Concerns about foul trouble?

lakerfanaticPT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:02 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
lakerfanaticPT wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
lakerfanaticPT wrote:
I also think any lotto pick will be traded this yearfor a ready player to help LeBron on our new time schedule. As we throw away all of our assets to appease him.....look for our latest asset to be gone rather quickly for an established player.....i.e. Beal or someone of that ilk. If it's #1 of course Zion for AD in Magic's mind.

Why not just get Kemba and keep the pick again?

If you can get Kemba and then trade for Beal.....Magic will pull that trigger.

Why are we trading for Beal if the Lakers have Kemba already?

Because Magic would look at Kemba as a 1 and Beal as a 2. Of course both established and relatively healthy unlike Ball. Would I agree to this.....HELL NO but I could see Magic doing something stupid again, like the Zubac giveaway or Randle giveaway. He is not GM material unfortunately.
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
I haven't caught any recent games. Concerns about foul trouble?

He fouled out 3 games out of 12 (5 fouls allowed in FIBA, not 6), but seems to be more under control lately, according to his stats. I couldn't catch a full game yet, they won't broadcast a game from a bottom feeder from Montenegro here...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78 ... 439, 440, 441  Next
Page 77 of 441
Jump to: