Official General 2019 NBA Draft Talk Thread (Lakers Get 46th Pick/Talen Horton-Tucker, Sign Cacok, Norvell, Caroline)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 134, 135, 136 ... 439, 440, 441  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:52 pm    Post subject:

White's median outcome is Lakers Clarkson w 38% 3s and slightly less paint attacking. He's a shooting guard passer, his ceiling there is rookie Clarkson
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:09 pm    Post subject:

It seems like someone who scored 11 points as a freshman for the 106th best program in the nation would be slightly worse than one who scored 16 points for a top ten program.

A more intelligent, crafty version of Clarkson with better BBIQ and a 38% 3 ball seems much more useful than rookie Jordan.

But I can see how some would be concerned about how his game translates.

Clarkson's problem isn't his skill so much as his decision making.
legend825
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:13 pm    Post subject:

I think I'd be fine with either one. Maybe slightly more with Garland cause he's more explosive and has more upside creating his own shot.
Lakerlover89
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:33 pm    Post subject:

I get that this is considered a weak draft but I think there a lot of guys who can be solid where we are picking.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:14 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
greek laker wrote:
legend825 wrote:
What do you guys think if they end up in a spot and they draft Darius Garland or Coby White? Either could grow to be the backup point guard cause they have a higher upside to Caruso and still have A.C on the team.

If their shot translates into NBA, they both will be starting point guards.

White will be a good shooter no question. other stuff will withhold him from starting. defense..creation/handling

He might actually be a functional defender, so...
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:28 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
greek laker wrote:
legend825 wrote:
What do you guys think if they end up in a spot and they draft Darius Garland or Coby White? Either could grow to be the backup point guard cause they have a higher upside to Caruso and still have A.C on the team.

White will be a good shooter no question. other stuff will withhold him from starting. defense..creation/handling

There’s nothing about his defense that screams better than Clarkson giving effort. There was a year here he gave effort and there was still nothing he could do because he wasn’t long enough to contest SGs or good enough at defending them, and he couldn’t maneuver around screens. Colby gives effort but that’s not much of a harbinger for the next level.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:57 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
greek laker wrote:
legend825 wrote:

There’s nothing about his defense that screams better than Clarkson giving effort. There was a year here he gave effort and there was still nothing he could do because he wasn’t long enough to contest SGs or good enough at defending them, and he couldn’t maneuver around screens. Colby gives effort but that’s not much of a harbinger for the next level.

Clarkson doesn't give effirt, so...
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:54 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
greek laker wrote:
legend825 wrote:

Clarkson doesn't give effirt, so...

effirt!
legend825
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:28 am    Post subject:

He's just a bad defender.
Rek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:57 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Brooklyn is one star away from being a title contending team.

Especially if that stars turns out to be Durant this summer. Don't know if they can afford to keep DLo and sign a max vet like him. But, if that's possible, they could get scary real fast. Honestly, not sure why there is practically zero media speculation about any of the big free agents going there. I can only imagine how much easier the game would become for players like DLo, LeVert and Dinwiddie if defenses had to account for a threat like a KD at the same time.
crucifixion
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:59 pm    Post subject:

Rek wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Especially if that stars turns out to be Durant this summer. Don't know if they can afford to keep DLo and sign a max vet like him. But, if that's possible, they could get scary real fast. Honestly, not sure why there is practically zero media speculation about any of the big free agents going there. I can only imagine how much easier the game would become for players like DLo, LeVert and Dinwiddie if defenses had to account for a threat like a KD at the same time.

Would they be able to keep DLo or renounce him for the salary?
Rek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:00 pm    Post subject:

crucifixion wrote:
Rek wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Just remembered that they re-signed Dinwiddie during this season. So, as it stands right now, they would have to renounce their rights to DLo to sign KD. Or they could trade away Dinwiddie and probably another player to a team that can absorb them into cap space. That would be the only way they could keep DLo and add KD, I'm pretty sure.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:11 pm    Post subject:

Rek wrote:
crucifixion wrote:
Rek wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Just remembered that they re-signed Dinwiddie during this season. So, as it stands right now, they would have to renounce their rights to DLo to sign KD. Or they could trade away Dinwiddie and probably another player to a team that can absorb them into cap space. That would be the only way they could keep DLo and add KD, I'm pretty sure.

The Nets do not have to renounce DLo's $21 Million cap hold to have enough to sign Durant.
Rek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:45 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Rek wrote:
crucifixion wrote:
Rek wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

The Nets do not have to renounce DLo's $21 Million cap hold to have enough to sign Durant.

Thanks. What I was reading said they had just over 54 million in cap space and then DLo's hold taking 21 million out of that. And those figures appeared to predate the Dinwiddie deal.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:18 pm    Post subject:

Getting more and more in on NAW.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Lakerlover89 wrote:
I get that this is considered a weak draft but I think there a lot of guys who can be solid where we are picking.
Agreed. It seems to me like even without moving up, there's going to be a solid player at 11, similar to when they got Eddie and Bynum at # 10.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:40 pm    Post subject:

How do you all feel about Goga?
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:07 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:

Not crazy about hot goga
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:15 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
I hadn't seen him before but he looks like a better version of Vlade. He's a long, quick, active scorer and shot blocker, shooting inside and out. He looks like a sure hof'er in the highlights.

I'd be happy the Lakers drafted him and had young guys with potential at every position.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:39 pm    Post subject:

Rek wrote:
Thanks. What I was reading said they had just over 54 million in cap space and then DLo's hold taking 21 million out of that. And those figures appeared to predate the Dinwiddie deal.

per Spotrac, they have $50,859,932 guaranteed next year which includes Dinwiddie and the stretch of Deron Williams. Add in DLo's cap hold, and it is $71,919,026. That would leave $37,080,974 in free cap space. They are about a $1 Million short of Durants max + a few roster charges. They would need to find $3-$4 Million to give Durant a full max and keep DLo's cap hold.

https://www.spotrac.com/nba/brooklyn-nets/cap/2019/
Lakerlover89
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:55 pm    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
Lakerlover89 wrote:
Agreed. It seems to me like even without moving up, there's going to be a solid player at 11, similar to when they got Eddie and Bynum at # 10.

Exactly. Good chance Rui may be there along with PJ Washington or Nassir Little.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:11 pm    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
Practice wrote:
I hadn't seen him before but he looks like a better version of Vlade. He's a long, quick, active scorer and shot blocker, shooting inside and out. He looks like a sure hof'er in the highlights.

I'd be happy the Lakers drafted him and had young guys with potential at every position.

He has a lot of skills that intrigue me.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:52 pm    Post subject:

You guys gonna love this

lakerfanaticPT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:21 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
You guys gonna love this

No dog in him. All the tools and none of the demeanor. I think we need some more dogs, ala Kuzma. BI and Lonzo are so laid back as does seem Reddish. He has all the tools though. Rather go for Clarke or if Garland somehow drops. I would choose Reddish if it was between Rui, Little, Langford, etc.

Goga could be a wild card in my mind as well. Damn Magic trading Zu for nothing still chaps my ass.
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:44 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
White's median outcome is Lakers Clarkson w 38% 3s and slightly less paint attacking. He's a shooting guard passer, his ceiling there is rookie Clarkson

Clarkson came out of MIZZ as a junior who was still very raw in most aspects as a guard, especially feel for the game, understanding pace and decision-making.

White is coming out as a Freshman with advanced 3-level scoring skills, leading UNC to the NCAA tourney.

I don't think they are anything alike now nor does White project to be anything like Clarkson later. Clarkson's elite athleticism allowed him to get away with a lot of things White can't. Conversely, White's skills at this point allow him to a lot of things Clarkson couldn't at the same age.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 134, 135, 136 ... 439, 440, 441  Next
Page 135 of 441
Jump to: