Official General 2019 NBA Draft Talk Thread (Lakers Get 46th Pick/Talen Horton-Tucker, Sign Cacok, Norvell, Caroline)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 250, 251, 252 ... 439, 440, 441  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 6:00 pm    Post subject:

FWIW Garland shot really well in high school as well at least from what I'm looking at from 2017-2018

89%FT and 51% from 3 ..
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 6:03 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
FWIW Garland shot really well in high school as well at least from what I'm looking at from 2017-2018

89%FT and 51% from 3 ..

I've been looking for his high school stats. Where'd you find them?
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 6:07 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
LKA wrote:

89%FT and 51% from 3 ..

I googled it and came across this.. only an 11 game sample size tho

https://www.prepcircuit.com/stats/team_instance/2875324?subseason=412391&tab=team_instance_player_stats&tool=2545455
E_Wulf420
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 6:18 pm    Post subject:

A starting lineup with Ball Hunter Ingram and Lebron could work defensively. Hunter could guard the opposing teams best forward and give lebron a break on defense, and if Ingram is able to stay with 2s and use his length I'm sure Hunter would be able to do the same.

Offensively it might not work if we dont get a stretch 5 since we have no true shooters, we would have Kuzma to come off the bench, find a way to play him with lonzo for a stretch to get Kuz going with easy buckets. This is probably the safest way to go just in case we dont land any top free agents, preferably Kawhi or kyrie

If we do...
Ball
Irving/Leonard
Ingram
Lebron
FA Center

FA PGA/Caruso?Bonga?
Hart
Hunter
Kuzma
Backup Center
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 7:39 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
LKA wrote:

89%FT and 51% from 3 ..

https://www.prepcircuit.com/stats/team_instance/2875324?subseason=412391&tab=team_instance_player_stats&tool=2545455

I'm not excited about a prospect that we haft to scrape up HS stats
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Alot of people like Garland but still to me not enough game tape..we have to look at what they done in high school? College is different than high school and NBA is different than College. Heck if we going by Highschool tape then midas well add Bol Bol to the group of people to look at.

Although i wish they had a rule in the NBA that said All injured people that didnt do one full year of Collegiate bball or highschool draftees that skipped college HAD TO DO COMBINE SKRIMMAGES AND GAMES,,,meaning you cant do that Mysterious "Get My measurements but im not going to play one game at the combine"...noooooo GM shouldnt have to Guess can you play by some of your highschool tape alone...If you that darn good ,.....PROVE IT!
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 7:45 pm    Post subject:

I think we can get Jaylen Hands for a late 2nd pick.

Jaylen Hands' 2nd yr college stats are better that Russell Westbrook.

Oh yeah, Jaylen has a 41.5 vertical leap at the NBA combine.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 7:48 pm    Post subject:

I'd take the risk with Garland over Hunter and Culver.

Culver is a big no for me. Last thing this team needs is another garbage shooter. And he isn't a great athlete .. no thanks

As for Hunter he's a safe unattractive pick.
Team needs shooting and in that case might as well take the best shooter available which is Garland
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 7:55 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:

Culver is a big no for me. Last thing this team needs is another garbage shooter. And he isn't a great athlete .. no thanks

Team needs shooting and in that case might as well take the best shooter available which is Garland

However we looking at Highschool tape...thats like saying Lonzo College graph says he's a good shooter...thats why i would love if the NBA put in the Rule i mentioned above..you want my money? Prove that you that good.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 7:59 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
LKA wrote:

However we looking at Highschool tape...thats like saying Lonzo College graph says he's a good shooter...thats why i would love if the NBA put in the Rule i mentioned above..you want my money? Prove that you that good.

I mean he shot 11 of 23 from 3 in college before getting injured ... he clearly can shoot. And he's a great ball handler.. that's not something that suddenly goes away..
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 8:00 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
LKA wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
LKA wrote:

89%FT and 51% from 3 ..

That's all guys like Kobe and KG had back in the day.
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 8:07 pm    Post subject:

This is why I dont mind Lakers selecting Sekou Doumbaya with the 4th pick...

Jonathan Givony AT DraftExpress
Follow Follow @DraftExpress
More
Career high 34 points (8/11 2P, 5/7 3P) 9 rebounds in 29 minutes for 18-year old projected lottery pick Sekou Doumbouya in an important win for Limoges tonight. Nice momentum for him going into the French playoffs starting next week.

12:57 PM - 18 May 2019
PHILosopher
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 8:13 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:

I'm starting to think this way too. One thing that changed my mind is that I can come up with quite a long list of players like Hunter, that either settled in as a role player or are now out of league. But I can't think of many who turned into top tier players.

Is it the opposite with picks like Garland?
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 8:17 pm    Post subject:

LakersForever123 wrote:

Jonathan Givony [ at ] DraftExpress
More
Career high 34 points (8/11 2P, 5/7 3P) 9 rebounds in 29 minutes for 18-year old projected lottery pick Sekou Doumbouya in an important win for Limoges tonight. Nice momentum for him going into the French playoffs starting next week.

Honest question…what league does he play in and how does it compare to college basketball or other high level leagues?
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:

Jonathan Givony [AT] DraftExpress
More

Honest question…what league does he play in and how does it compare to college basketball or other high level leagues?

he's not playing in an elite Euro league/division. not great. and he hasn't been above average this year there anyway
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 8:21 pm    Post subject:

While it helps to have substantial game tape to review a prospect for the draft, as we have seen year after year it is such a variable process the odds of predicting success or failure is at best a 50-50 proposition.

For those questioning the lack of college tape for Garland how would you have reviewed past high school to NBA prospects including Lakers own Kobe Bryant?

When/if high school prospects can again be drafted directly into the NBA does a team not consider them if they are drafting in the lottery?

Talent is talent and whether it is 5 college games or high school games it will show out and some reasonable judgement can be made imo.
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 8:29 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:

Jonathan Givony _at_ DraftExpress
More

he's not playing in an elite Euro league/division. not great. and he hasn't been above average this year there anyway

Not great?? An efficient 34 points in 29 minutes and 5-7 3 pointers? And you are high on THT with his abysmal below average shooting and checking out at the nba combine at 235 pounds for a 6'3 1/2 player?
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 8:32 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:

Jonathan Givony [ at ] DraftExpress
More

Gotcha. Thanks.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 8:34 pm    Post subject:

I think I want Garland now. A Lillard or CJ type next to Lonzo would be pretty dynamic and we have a place to go to get a bucket outside of Lebron. I am good with him and Reddish equally
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
LKA wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
LKA wrote:

89%FT and 51% from 3 ..

Kobe had to go one-on-one vs. Michael Cooper in a private, pre-draft workout. 17 year old kid vs. 40-year old man. Kobe kicked his ass and West started looking for a trade partner.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
LKA wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
LKA wrote:

89%FT and 51% from 3 ..

Kobe had to go one-on-one vs. Michael Cooper in a private, pre-draft workout. 17 year old kid vs. 40-year old man. Kobe kicked his ass and West started looking for a trade partner.

Should be pretty easy for a 17nyear old that plays everyday and has. Even probably for the lat 10 years to beat a retired 40 year old who probably hasn't really played for 4 or 5 years. Lol
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
LKA wrote:
LandsbergerRules wrote:
LKA wrote:

89%FT and 51% from 3 ..

Let's have Garland come in and see how he does with Zo defending him lol.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 8:45 pm    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
I think I want Garland now. A Lillard or CJ type next to Lonzo would be pretty dynamic and we have a place to go to get a bucket outside of Lebron. I am good with him and Reddish equally

I think at their near ceiling outcome, they are the best 2 options. I think Garland has a little higher chance of getting near his ceiling than Reddish, so I have Garland then Reddish. This is assuming RJ Barett is off the board.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 8:48 pm    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:

Let's have Garland come in and see how he does with Zo defending him lol.

I pretty much know that Garland would struggle with the length in a 1 on 1 situation....and Garland is not an explosive elite athlete that could blow by Ball. Garland becomes special because while he is a decent athlete, he is extremely crafty in getting his shot off and can also distribute off the dribble which likely makes him much more effective with other guys on the court.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:00 pm    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:

If we somehow know we have Kawhi coming as a FA, getting Garland who looks similar to Kyrie Irving would be awesome along with Ball who looks similar to Jason Kidd. LBJ, KL, young Kyrie and young Kidd then trade the rest for AD. Then I woke up from my dream. Lol
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 250, 251, 252 ... 439, 440, 441  Next
Page 251 of 441
Jump to: