Official General 2019 NBA Draft Talk Thread (Lakers Get 46th Pick/Talen Horton-Tucker, Sign Cacok, Norvell, Caroline)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 268, 269, 270 ... 439, 440, 441  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 8:53 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
adkindo wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
adkindo wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
adkindo wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Turns out Garland and Reddish are the guys who will be heavily debated this year. Ironically, I don’t think we’ll take either after all this debate.

based on?

Reddish is the furthest from being ready to contribute of the guys in that range and I think Lebrons timeline is a big factor. Garland for similar reasons, small guards take time to adjust and he may be tough to get on the floor in big games his rookie season because of defense. I think they want an immediate contributor which would be Hunter, Culver, or White. With that said, if Garland kills his workout I can see them taking a risk on him at the expense of LeBron timeline but he’d need to really show out.

I am at a loss how anyone can watch this and claim Cam is not ready to contribute....

He might be ready to contribute....

But merely contributing isn't something I'm looking to draft at the #4 spot. I'm looking for All-Star level (or higher) at #4.

Cam isn't it. Not enough shot creation (handle) and playmaking (athleticism/handle).

you are looking for All Star level or higher in year 1....good luck, because Zion will not even be an All Star next year.

Oh gawd.

Of course I'm not looking for all-star level or higher in year one. Sheesh. I never once made that claim. We should be drafting at #4 looking for someone that will develop (at minimum) into an all-star.

Cam limitations and ceiling just are it.

Zion will get voted in!

Cam definitely has All Star level ceiling...even his biggest critics would admit there is a world where Cam develops into an All Star level player...and you can no longer simply get voted into the All Star game, and the last rookie to get voted in when that was an option was Yao Ming with the entire country of China behind him.

I suppose if you subscribe to Everett's Many Worlds interpretations of quantum mechanics there IS actually a world where Cam Reddish is the best NBA player.

Problem is there is also a world where I AM the best NBA player.

Just not in this one.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 8:54 pm    Post subject:

Lol young Kobe's freethrows couldn't even touch the rim.
Young Ingram's freethrows can't even touch the net

And to think some have the nerve to mention nonsense about an efg% being higher ... lmao
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 8:54 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
@Plantedtanks I'm on the Bazley train! he's got some feel problems supposedly and sometimes looked like a HSer out there in the scrimmages. but flashed some real competence
he has a super effective hang dribble. might be a future 1v1 dude. traces the ball nice on blocks. 208lbs is a really good weight for him. Measured the same as Kuzma length. Had some really impressive 1v1 D plays in stance, he can really move in a stance, great athlete

Yes he is such a smooth athlete. More explosive than realized. Also his vision and passing ability is underrated.

He looks slightly bigger in your vid than he did in high school.

I have not watched much film on him, but isn't he one of the guys that everyone seem to report lowered his stock at the combine?
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 8:56 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
@Plantedtanks I'm on the Bazley train! he's got some feel problems supposedly and sometimes looked like a HSer out there in the scrimmages. but flashed some real competence
he has a super effective hang dribble. might be a future 1v1 dude. traces the ball nice on blocks. 208lbs is a really good weight for him. Measured the same as Kuzma length. Had some really impressive 1v1 D plays in stance, he can really move in a stance, great athlete

Yes he is such a smooth athlete. More explosive than realized. Also his vision and passing ability is underrated.

I have not watched much film on him, but isn't he one of the guys that everyone seem to report lowered his stock at the combine?

That's him!

He checks many boxes on my list....
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 8:58 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:

I seen one write up but it never stated why. Just rehashed his New Balance internship and how it hurt his stock.

He might have done himself a disservice by not playing college ball as I believe he would be higher on the draft lists.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 8:59 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Would appreciate anyone helping me out with this:

Which potential top 10 talent has the best bball IQ?
Which potential top 10 talent has the best bball instincts?

Ja Morant: 1 vote
Tacko Fall: 1 vote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:02 pm    Post subject:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sGHPVwKNuvI

I know highlights can make a player look good, but just by watching this video you can tell he is highly talented...
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:02 pm    Post subject:

I won’t complain if we decide to get Garland or Hunter though.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:04 pm    Post subject:

For those who missed PJ Washington interview at the combine he is a well spoken young man.

It was discussed how he extended his shot and how coming back for his sophomore year really was beneficial to improving his draft stock.

Was neutral on him during the season but he really has grown on me.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:11 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
For those who missed PJ Washington interview at the combine he is a well spoken young man.

It was discussed how he extended his shot and how coming back for his sophomore year really was beneficial to improving his draft stock.

Would you trade 1 of our young prospects to get him in the late lottery?
I have to admit I don’t know much about him.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:31 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:

Would you trade 1 of our young prospects to get him in the late lottery?
I have to admit I don’t know much about him.

Tough call because of how the rest of the lineup is constructed but I would consider moving Kuzma.

He fits better defensively at PF and small ball C than Kuz ever will and he will not be a liability on offense with his improved outside shot.

It is just hard to construct the line up when both the PG and SG are deficient at the 3 pt shot and Lebron insists on playing SF.
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sGHPVwKNuvI

I know highlights can make a player look good, but just by watching this video you can tell he is highly talented...

Cam Reddish did not play 1 full game at top speed. He's so smooth that we have yet to see him get close to his peak.

RJ, OTOH, played 100% almost every possession and it showed.

I think Cam has the potential to be as smooth as KD while RJ will be more intense like Harden. If Cam ever plays as hard as RJ, he will be better than almost everyone in this draft. That's my expert "Duke Fan" assessment.
Hydro21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 11:15 pm    Post subject:

My top 3 right now are Garland, Culiver, Reddish.. I simply can’t take hunter I know his floor is high but with his age and his upside being a high end role player . I just wanna shoot for a higher ceiling at #4.
PassTheBooze
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 11:15 pm    Post subject:

White and Garland apparently got promises with teams picking within the 1-6 range well to be more specific 4-6 cause the top 3 is pretty much set in stone.

Zion
Morant
Barrett
Garland
Culver
White

Is how I got it. If we don't take Garland that means Phoenix will but White still has a promise in the top 6. I'd be heated if we take him but its unlikely and Cleveland's fit is questionable. He seems a bit redundant with Sexton. So its seems either we're keeping Garland or trading him away
PassTheBooze
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 11:16 pm    Post subject:

Hydro21 wrote:
My top 3 right now are Garland, Culiver, Reddish.. I simply can’t take hunter I know his floor is high but with his age and his upside being a high end role player . I just wanna shoot for a higher ceiling at #4.

Hunter has a higher ceiling than Reddish. Reddish is Wiggins 2.0 - easy pass for me.
Hydro21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 11:25 pm    Post subject:

PassTheBooze wrote:
Hydro21 wrote:

Hunter has a higher ceiling than Reddish. Reddish is Wiggins 2.0 - easy pass for me.

I agree Hunter might be the better player now but what you see is what you get there there imo. I’ll take my chances with the 19 year old kid who is still growing and developing and has shown traits to score from anywhere . Yeah he might not consistent but he has some very nice traits I could see him becoming very good player . As he grows into his body and gets nba training and development ..
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 11:27 pm    Post subject:

Hydro21 wrote:
PassTheBooze wrote:
Hydro21 wrote:

I agree Hunter might be the better player now but what you see is what you get there there imo. I’ll take my chances with the 19 year old kid who is still growing and developing and has shown traits to score from anywhere . Yeah he might not consistent but he has some very nice traits I could see him becoming very good player . As he grows into his body and gets nba training and development ..

Yeah probably just not with us.. our development skills are trash.
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 11:32 pm    Post subject:

PassTheBooze wrote:
White and Garland apparently got promises with teams picking within the 1-6 range well to be more specific 4-6 cause the top 3 is pretty much set in stone.

Zion
Morant
Barrett
Garland
Culver
White

Is how I got it. If we don't take Garland that means Phoenix will but White still has a promise in the top 6. I'd be heated if we take him but its unlikely and Cleveland's fit is questionable. He seems a bit redundant with Sexton. So its seems either we're keeping Garland or trading him away

I'd be shocked if Culver went ahead of both Hunter and Reddish.
PassTheBooze
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 11:34 pm    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:
PassTheBooze wrote:

Zion
Morant
Barrett
Garland
Culver
White

Cleveland would be choosing between Culver and Hunter. They can go either or. I see Cam going 7-10. Hunter and Culver are better prospects than Reddish
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 11:37 pm    Post subject:

PassTheBooze wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
PassTheBooze wrote:

Zion
Morant
Barrett
Garland
Culver
White

Cleveland would be choosing between Culver and Hunter. They can go either or. I see Cam going 7-10. Hunter and Culver are better prospects than Reddish

I disagree.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 11:38 pm    Post subject:

I swear Reddish gets no love
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 11:46 pm    Post subject:

Because he had a really bad season..
PassTheBooze
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 11:46 pm    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:
PassTheBooze wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
PassTheBooze wrote:

Zion
Morant
Barrett
Garland
Culver
White

I disagree.

What makes Reddish a better prospect? He had an inefficient season at Duke where he wasn't even the focus of the opposing teams game plans. Physically impressive sure but not as good as scouts were making him out to be. He doesn't have great explosion off the dribble and he really struggles to finish at the rim in traffic. He puts up a lot of weird floater type shots because he can't quite turn the corner. He averaged more turnovers than assists and rocked a nice 49% TS. He's my pick to become the next Wiggins/Hezonja.
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 11:57 pm    Post subject:

PassTheBooze wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
PassTheBooze wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
PassTheBooze wrote:

Zion
Morant
Barrett
Garland
Culver
White

I disagree.

What makes Reddish a better prospect? He had an inefficient season at Duke where he wasn't even the focus of the opposing teams game plans. Physically impressive sure but not as good as scouts were making him out to be. He doesn't have great explosion off the dribble and he really struggles to finish at the rim in traffic. He puts up a lot of weird floater type shots because he can't quite turn the corner. He averaged more turnovers than assists and rocked a nice 49% TS. He's my pick to become the next Wiggins/Hezonja.

This! I still think he has a solid chance of reaching a nice level, but great breakdown
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 12:07 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:

I'm intrigued by Sekou. If the Lakers trade down to say the Hawks, I wonder if they can get him and Clarke.

I'm intrigued by Sekou too, that's a good choice of wording, lol. If we go that route though, I'd prefer we take a lil more variety since Sekou and Clarke are both PFs. Assuming Garland, Reddish and White are off the board by #8... perhaps, a combo of:

One of Hunter/Culver/Hayes/Goga/KPJ + Sekou

I'd take Sekou first so we don't lose him at #9.

Last edited by LAL1947 on Mon May 20, 2019 3:13 am; edited 3 times in total
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 268, 269, 270 ... 439, 440, 441  Next
Page 269 of 441
Jump to: