Official General 2019 NBA Draft Talk Thread (Lakers Get 46th Pick/Talen Horton-Tucker, Sign Cacok, Norvell, Caroline)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 286, 287, 288 ... 439, 440, 441  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 4:33 am    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
adkindo wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
oww wow we hyping up some guy...who only played in highschool and 5 whole games of college ball against nobody...lol.

If thats the case can we move downward and get #8 and #10 with one being Bol Bol and 1 2nf round getting carson edwards and sign Taco Fall or buy a second pick for him?

So since you believe it's so outlandish, why do you think it is that Garland is a consensus top 6 pick amongst people who get paid to make such decisions?

Yeah and why do you think people like Oden/ Anthoney Bennet/ Kwame Brown/Tuskevilli/Flyn/Evan Turner/Lonzo(he can shoot check his college shot chart pfft lol)/ were high but busts? The same media feed you this junk and people fall for it every time..pffft lmao!

but not you....you see straight through the conspiracy....

soooo if i play super star basket ball at my LOCAL highschool...and then play maybe three games at college really well. and then claim injury and stay out all season...Hey i can declare for NBA and get drafted high? The media hypes me up based on my HIGHSCHOOL "STATS"...heck CAM should have done that lonnnnng time ago....people would be saying "wait till he gets better and comes to the NBA he going to be A STAR!!!"....lol

Wait....you really do think it's a conspiracy, don't you?

WOW
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 4:38 am    Post subject:

The God Particle wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
adkindo wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
oww wow we hyping up some guy...who only played in highschool and 5 whole games of college ball against nobody...lol.

If thats the case can we move downward and get #8 and #10 with one being Bol Bol and 1 2nf round getting carson edwards and sign Taco Fall or buy a second pick for him?

So since you believe it's so outlandish, why do you think it is that Garland is a consensus top 6 pick amongst people who get paid to make such decisions?

Yeah and why do you think people like Oden/ Anthoney Bennet/ Kwame Brown/Tuskevilli/Flyn/Evan Turner/Lonzo(he can shoot check his college shot chart pfft lol)/ were high but busts? The same media feed you this junk and people fall for it every time..pffft lmao!

soooo if i play super star basket ball at my LOCAL highschool...and then play maybe three games at college really well. and then claim injury and stay out all season...Hey i can declare for NBA and get drafted high? The media hypes me up based on my HIGHSCHOOL "STATS"...heck CAM should have done that lonnnnng time ago....people would be saying "wait till he gets better and comes to the NBA he going to be A STAR!!!"....lol

WOW

no i think people should reallly get to thinking for themselves instead....it would help you a looooong way.
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 4:39 am    Post subject:

Garland played FIVE COLLEGE games against....what top teams? how does that justify a top pick?
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 4:39 am    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
adkindo wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:

WOW

no i think people should reallly get to thinking for themselves instead....it would help you a looooong way.

You should go back to being Just a Observer
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 4:40 am    Post subject:

The God Particle wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
adkindo wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:

WOW

You should go back to being Just a Observer

you should go to actually thinking for .......you know what?

why not answer this question:
Garland played FIVE COLLEGE games against....what top teams? how does that justify a top pick?

Im begging you to answer!

Last edited by JustaObserver on Wed May 22, 2019 4:45 am; edited 1 time in total
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 4:43 am    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:

Lebron, Kobe, D12, Garnett, played ZERO COLLEGE games against....what top teams? How DID that justify a top pick?
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 4:47 am    Post subject:

The God Particle wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:

Lebron, Kobe, D12, Garnett, played ZERO COLLEGE games against....what top teams? How DID that justify a top pick?

GTFO with that reasoning.

None of those players had a torn meniscus which made them miss games.

They elected to skip College and none were forced out by an injury.

Garland will be a "?"
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 4:48 am    Post subject:

The God Particle wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:

stop deflecting...answer the question above. Also you know each one of them was making their HIGHSCHOOL LOADS of exposure because THEY WERE THAT GOOD....and you know that...stop deflecting.....
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 4:51 am    Post subject:

Only ones getting super exposure this age was MCCLUNG..ZION...and BOL BOL...I dont see no videos coming up of Garland each month while they were Soph or JR or SEN in HIGHSCHOOL

....Oppps also SHAQ's kid and Wades kid....still no garland.

Last edited by JustaObserver on Wed May 22, 2019 4:56 am; edited 1 time in total
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 4:54 am    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:

Garland will be a "?"

blah blah..please answer the question....its simple... just think....it just take a little thinking...lol
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 4:55 am    Post subject:

here's Garland's weakness on defense...

how da fuq dat slow white dude blow by him puzzles me.

Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 4:57 am    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:

Garland will be a "?"

blah blah..please answer the question....its simple... just think....it just take a little thinking...lol

dude I'm on your side...
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 5:00 am    Post subject:

Well find out if he real wheb he has to go head to head with competition...but until then i cant call him no Lillard or Curry or whoever.

Also if his agent pulls that No contact drill crap...im really going to be skeptical.
lakerfanaticPT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 6:04 am    Post subject:

Not calling Garland a phenom and we definitely need to see him in a workout, BUT, the tapes that I have seen of him, makes him look very interesting for us at 4. He does what we actually really need.....SHOOT and shoot very well from everywhere. Fast and gets into the lane. No draftee is a lock except a few really special ones, we all get that. But if I'm the Lakers, Garland is t the top of my list at 4 as a strong strong candidate.
E_Wulf420
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 6:15 am    Post subject:

At this point I hope NY takes Garland at 3 that way we just end up with Barrett. Garland would be a good pick but what if he's injury prone with bad knees?
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 6:21 am    Post subject:

E_Wulf420 wrote:
At this point I hope NY takes Garland at 3 that way we just end up with Barrett. Garland would be a good pick but what if he's injury prone with bad knees?

As a PT, a meniscus injury does not make you injury prone. Needs to rehab and he will be fine as we have seen with most of these point guards in the NBA.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 6:49 am    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:

Garland will be a "?"

Lol u sure look like u are way emotional about the Garland pick

Lol
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 6:54 am    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:

Garland will be a "?"

Check dude's post history: it's all bashing Garland

Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 6:56 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:

Garland will be a "?"

Lol u sure look like u are way emotional about the Garland pick

Lol

I'm emotional on overused BS rationales.

You can ask Mike...I'd love to pick Garland I see Dame in him.

Mike said, he won't last where we'd be picking (11th).

That was before the lottery.

At the 4, I won't draft him.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 6:58 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:

Garland will be a "?"

Check dude's post history: it's all bashing Garland

Ah dude...that guy don't believe in drafting Garland neither.

So the on you.
vicman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 7:10 am    Post subject:

Karmaloop wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
As of today, and I say this with not really delving TOO deep into the prospects, my preference for us at #4:

1. Garland
2. Culver
3. Hunter
4. Trade for 8/10 (unlikely).

I’m with you except I really can’t decide between Culver and Hunter.

2a
2b

Sometimes I think Culver is the better potential player but his shot.
Sometimes I see Hunter flashing some Kawhi but then I see his limitations too.

Garland is for sure top choice imo, I might take him over Barrett too. It would not surprise me if the Knicks take Garland.

Culver no show in the tournament, particularly towards the end of the tournament is a bit of a red flag for me.
culver was great in elite 8 and sweet 16. I went to those games and he was best player on the floor live. I don’t know his stats for the games but being there it was no question who the best player was. I still prefer garland but culver is a player
lakerfanaticPT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 7:15 am    Post subject:

[quote="vicman"]
Karmaloop wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
As of today, and I say this with not really delving TOO deep into the prospects, my preference for us at #4:

1. Garland
2. Culver
3. Hunter

2a
2b

Garland is for sure top choice imo, I might take him over Barrett too. It would not surprise me if the Knicks take Garland.

Culver no show in the tournament, particularly towards the end of the tournament is a bit of a red flag for me.
culver was great in elite 8 and sweet 16. I went to those games and he was best player on the floor live. I don’t know his stats for the games but being there it was no question who the best player was. I still prefer garland but culver is a player[/quote

This is why workouts are sooooo important for the Lakers. To see these guys personally. I just dont have a real solid feeling our FO is competent enough right now to figure it out though. Hope I'm wrong.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 7:17 am    Post subject:

vicman wrote:
Karmaloop wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

1. Garland
2. Culver
3. Hunter

2a
2b

culver was great in elite 8 and sweet 16. I went to those games and he was best player on the floor live. I don’t know his stats for the games but being there it was no question who the best player was. I still prefer garland but culver is a player

And Hunter was clearly the best player against him in the championship. It’s not that simple of a decision though
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:02 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
vicman wrote:
Karmaloop wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

1. Garland
2. Culver
3. Hunter

2a
2b

And Hunter was clearly the best player against him in the championship. It’s not that simple of a decision though

In the 4 previous tournament games Hunter was averaging 11.25 points a game and they almost lost 2 games because of it to Purdue and Auburn. He had only 2 steals in those 4 games and averaged 4.25 rebounds. Was 3-13 on 3 point attempts. 1 game doesn't make him a good pick.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:08 am    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
here's Garland's weakness on defense...

how da fuq dat slow white dude blow by him puzzles me.

Thanks for the video.
Right after the clips where he gets beat on defense. (And I believe BVH when he says DG will be bad on defense), Schmitz says:

Quote:
In an era of the NBA predicated on 3 point shooting, basketball IQ and multiple ball handlers, Garland is the perfect offensive point guard.

So there's that.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 286, 287, 288 ... 439, 440, 441  Next
Page 287 of 441
Jump to: