Official General 2019 NBA Draft Talk Thread (Lakers Get 46th Pick/Talen Horton-Tucker, Sign Cacok, Norvell, Caroline)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 287, 288, 289 ... 439, 440, 441  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:10 am    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
adkindo wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
oww wow we hyping up some guy...who only played in highschool and 5 whole games of college ball against nobody...lol.

If thats the case can we move downward and get #8 and #10 with one being Bol Bol and 1 2nf round getting carson edwards and sign Taco Fall or buy a second pick for him?

So since you believe it's so outlandish, why do you think it is that Garland is a consensus top 6 pick amongst people who get paid to make such decisions?

Yeah and why do you think people like Oden/ Anthoney Bennet/ Kwame Brown/Tuskevilli/Flyn/Evan Turner/Lonzo(he can shoot check his college shot chart pfft lol)/ were high but busts? The same media feed you this junk and people fall for it every time..pffft lmao!

but not you....you see straight through the conspiracy....

soooo if i play super star basket ball at my LOCAL highschool...and then play maybe three games at college really well. and then claim injury and stay out all season...Hey i can declare for NBA and get drafted high? The media hypes me up based on my HIGHSCHOOL "STATS"...heck CAM should have done that lonnnnng time ago....people would be saying "wait till he gets better and comes to the NBA he going to be A STAR!!!"....lol

Wait....you really do think it's a conspiracy, don't you?

WOW

no i think people should reallly get to thinking for themselves instead....it would help you a looooong way.

I agree with you.

Garland in my opinion is a gamble. We haven't seen what he can do long enough against great competition. And he is a small gaurd. Having him in the west where all the top guards are seems like a plan to fail to me.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:11 am    Post subject:

Have to be careful of the guys with low steal rates coming from that Virginia program. Justin Anderson coming out was considered a great defender and 3 point shooter. He shot 45 percent on 4 3s a game. Hunter shot 43.8 percent on 2.8 3s a game. Anderson has been a bad NBA player and came in the same age as Hunter is.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:11 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
here's Garland's weakness on defense...

how da fuq dat slow white dude blow by him puzzles me.

Thanks for the video.
Right after the clips where he gets beat on defense. (And I believe BVH when he says DG will be bad on defense), Schmitz says:

Quote:
In an era of the NBA predicated on 3 point shooting, basketball IQ and multiple ball handlers, Garland is the perfect offensive point guard.

So there's that.

Let's just put it this way...

All things being equal, I'd take Kawhi or PG over Dame.

That's just me.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:12 am    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
epak wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

Thanks for the video.
Right after the clips where he gets beat on defense. (And I believe BVH when he says DG will be bad on defense), Schmitz says:

Quote:
In an era of the NBA predicated on 3 point shooting, basketball IQ and multiple ball handlers, Garland is the perfect offensive point guard.

So there's that.

That's just me.

Let's put it this way: I'd take Kawhi and PG over Dame.
Btw, which one of these guys in the draft is Kawhi and PG to you?
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:14 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
epak wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

Thanks for the video.

Quote:

So there's that.

That's just me.

Let's put it this way: I'd take Kawhi and PG over Dame.

Easy answer. Reddish
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:15 am    Post subject:

Quote:

Not to me exclusively.

People see Kawhi in Hunter.

PG in Reddish.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:18 am    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
Have to be careful of the guys with low steal rates coming from that Virginia program. Justin Anderson coming out was considered a great defender and 3 point shooter. He shot 45 percent on 4 3s a game. Hunter shot 43.8 percent on 2.8 3s a game. Anderson has been a bad NBA player and came in the same age as Hunter is.

Brogdan has been a quality pro though
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:23 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:

Brogdan has been a quality pro though

He has, but he was a point guard, handled the ball a lot, got his own shot, and shot 5 3s a game. Hunter can't create and didn't even put up 3 3 pointers a game. Brogdon was also drafted late.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:34 am    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
Quote:

Not to me exclusively.

PG in Reddish.

I have no probably with people projecting Hunter becoming Kawhi-lite. Or Reddish becoming PG-lite. If we draft them, that's my hope for them to become those players.

Now, I haven't gotten to see a lot of it, but just from what I've seen, I would say DG is closer to Dame-lite than Hunter and Reddish are closer to Kawhi-lite and PG-lite respectively at this moment in time.

Anyone else see it that way? I'm talking about at this time. Now, as the years go by, that may change.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:35 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
Quote:

Not to me exclusively.

PG in Reddish.

I have no probably with people projecting Hunter becoming Kawhi-lite. Or Reddish becoming PG-lite. If we draft them, that's my hope for them to become those players.

Now, I haven't gotten to see a lot of it, but just from what I've seen, I would say DG is closer to Dame-lite than Hunter and Reddish are closer to Kawhi-lite and PG-lite respectively at this moment in time.

Anyone else see it that way? I'm talking about at this time. Now, as the years go by, that may change.

Yes, I see the same.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:36 am    Post subject:

Enjoy.

Last edited by Hero Ball on Wed May 22, 2019 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:42 am    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
epak wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
Quote:

Not to me exclusively.

PG in Reddish.

Yes, I see the same.

Same. Garland looks more sure fire Dame-lite or Kyrie-lite with the potential to be close.

I can’t say that I’m not impressed with how sometimes Hunter looks exactly like Kawhi stylistically. The issue imo is he doesn’t seem to have the same twitch or burst. It’s kind of like when people say Ingram looks like KD. There is nothing wrong with that, we are talking 2 of the top 5 players in the game.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:45 am    Post subject:

There's a whole lot of variance in the modifier "-lite."
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:46 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:

Do you like Reddish yet? Or need more time?
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:48 am    Post subject:

What’s your big board look like, BVH?
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:50 am    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:

Garland in my opinion is a gamble. We haven't seen what he can do long enough against great competition. And he is a small gaurd. Having him in the west where all the top guards are seems like a plan to fail to me.

Every prospect is a gamble though. When I bring up questions about taking Garland at the #4 pick, it's not because we shouldn't or to suggest that he cant go on to become elite player and deserving of the pick. It's only to say I've not seen enough. It's also to say that we need to have realistic expectations of him since he's just turned 19 and is entering the draft after one year in college only. Steph stayed in college for 3 years. His numbers took a jump in year 3. Yet when he entered the NBA, he still wasn't ready to play at the top level immediately and needed some more years to really take off. Btw, when Garland is 24... Steph will be 36 and on his last legs. When he's 26-27... Garland could be one of those top guards in the West himself.

Last edited by LAL1947 on Wed May 22, 2019 9:01 am; edited 4 times in total
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:51 am    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
https://youtu.be/bstEkYxjJR8?t=67

Enjoy.

HS highlights mean nothing. Might as well flood videos of Lamelo Ball
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:53 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
https://youtu.be/bstEkYxjJR8?t=67

Enjoy.

HS highlights mean nothing. Might as well flood videos of Lamelo Ball

What's your dope though?
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:54 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
Quote:

Not to me exclusively.

PG in Reddish.

I think Hunter is the closest to his respective comp of the three. I just haven’t seen enough of Garland to confidently say much about him. Great stats, looks good on the highlight reel but he only played a handful of games and none against good competition.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:56 am    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
epak wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:

Thanks for the video.

Quote:

So there's that.

That's just me.

Culver can be taught to shoot, just like Kahwi was.
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:58 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
epak wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
Quote:

Not to me exclusively.

PG in Reddish.

I think Hunter is the closest to his respective comp of the three. I just haven’t seen enough of Garland to confidently say much about him. Great stats, looks good on the highlight reel but he only played a handful of games and none against good competition.

Hunter isn't close to a KL comp. Doesn't rebound or get steals like KL got in college. He shoots the college 3 better, but KL corrected that. KL had a way bigger tool box coming out.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 8:58 am    Post subject:

BVH is banana-lite
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 9:01 am    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
epak wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
Quote:

Not to me exclusively.

PG in Reddish.

Hunter isn't close to a KL comp. Doesn't rebound or get steals like KL got in college. He shoots the college 3 better, but KL corrected that. KL had a way bigger tool box coming out.

I mean, he isn’t KL, I’m not saying he is. Garland isn’t Dame and Reddish isn’t PG. I just think he’s the closest.
Robster8989
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 9:02 am    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
noahp45 wrote:

Every prospect is a gamble though. When I bring up questions about taking Garland at the #4 pick, it's not because we shouldn't or to suggest that he cant go on to become elite player and deserving of the pick. It's only to say I've not seen enough. It's also to say that we need to have realistic expectations of him since he's just turned 19 and is entering the draft after one year in college only. Steph stayed in college for 3 years. His numbers took a jump in year 3. Yet when he entered the NBA, he still wasn't ready to play at the top level immediately and needed some more years to really take off. Btw, when Garland is 24... Steph will be 36 and on his last legs.

Exactly right. All of these players have pros and cons.
I appreciate your opinion because you've been very objective in your analysis.
You listed the pros of Garland, and the cons.
I like Garland with the pick right now, but can admit that there are red flags.
-Very limited sample size
-Coming off a knee injury
-Not a great assist to TO ratio in that limited sample
What gets me is so many posters acting like they know everything.
They know Garland is a bust, or Reddish in the next PG.
The fact is no body knows, and posters coming out saying that they KNOW have zero credibility to me and others.
I like reading what objective and knowledgeable posters like you and Mike have to say, but you both readily admit that no one knows for sure.
I think we need shooters, and I really see that in Garland and Hunter, so they are probably 1-2 for me. Culver also looks solid.
I probably elevate Garland a bit above Hunter because of handles, age and frankly, we are solid with forwards, and lacking good guards. Reddish is also a great prospect, and I would not be upset if we selected him, just have Garland ahead of him in my list because of shooting, handles, position etc.

West Point '88
UCLA '92
75th Ranger Regiment '88-'04
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 9:04 am    Post subject:

Why is no one talking about Culver?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 287, 288, 289 ... 439, 440, 441  Next
Page 288 of 441
Jump to: