Official General 2019 NBA Draft Talk Thread (Lakers Get 46th Pick/Talen Horton-Tucker, Sign Cacok, Norvell, Caroline)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 289, 290, 291 ... 439, 440, 441  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 10:35 am    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
Trade this pick, there is no one in this draft outside of Zion that has star potential.

You are crazy if you don't think Ja has star potential
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 10:37 am    Post subject:

The God Particle wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
Anyone has any thoughts on Darius Bazley? 6'9 w/ 7 ft wingspan.

I dont see him in any of the nba mocks. But he plays a little bit like lamar odom.

Thoughts on him?

Now THIS guy has the potential to be Kawhi.

6-9 with GUARD skills and above average athleticism. I don't know where he's going to go, but he's my dark horse in this draft. I love his game.

He's a more athletic, better version of Tayshaun Price.

And if he's in reach somewhere later in the draft, I'd love for us to get him.

He's also a Klutch client.

Thanks. I spent the last 45 minutes (at work) researching Bazley. He is explosive.

I like Darius Bazley now more than Sekou Doumbaya.

I think Bazley is better than Isaac Bonga.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 10:37 am    Post subject:

Inverse wrote:
I've been scouring the internet for full game footage of Darius Garland to get a better feel for him. The only thing I can really find was the Jordan Brand Classic. The following are time stamp links where he's involved in one way or another. Its an all star game so take it for what its worth

(missed floater)

(drive and dish)

(attacking downhill-missed layup)

(looses the handle)

(pull-up J)

(pull-up 3)

(hockey assist)

(euro-step layup)

(assist)

(assist)

Don't worry Lakers gonna check him out with due diligence.

If he's the guy, so be it.
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 10:38 am    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
al242 wrote:
Trade this pick, there is no one in this draft outside of Zion that has star potential.

Ill give you Jah too, other than Jah and Zion...not impressed with anyone else. It would be a mistake to keep this pick, I dont see any future Laker starters at the #4 spot.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 10:42 am    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
al242 wrote:

Ill give you Jah too, other than Jah and Zion...not impressed with anyone else. It would be a mistake to keep this pick, I dont see any future Laker starters at the #4 spot.

I think there ared 9 All stars in this draft and 3 superstars.
Vottomatic
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 10:42 am    Post subject:

al242 wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
al242 wrote:

And who would you trade the #4 pick for ?
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject:

LakersForever123 wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:

I dont see him in any of the nba mocks. But he plays a little bit like lamar odom.

Thoughts on him?

6-9 with GUARD skills and above average athleticism. I don't know where he's going to go, but he's my dark horse in this draft. I love his game.

Thanks. I spent the last 45 minutes (at work) researching Bazley. He is explosive.

I do too!

I think he's a better shot creator than Sekou, from highlights I've seen.

I'm on the DB wagon as well.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 10:46 am    Post subject:

al242 wrote:

Unpopular opinion, I don’t think Zion Williamson will be as good as “statisticians” project. Not too long ago, Michael Beasley dominated college basketball. When Zion was the focal point during the McDonalds game, he was a turnover machine with the ball in his hands. His work at Duke was mostly off the ball as a finisher. I also think a few prospects have just as much star potential as Zion, and I’m not referring to the other two in the “three player draft” either. Brandon Clarke has a chip, he could blow up to win rookie of the year out of nowhere like Malcolm Brogdon. I’m also impressed with Jarrett Culver and his work ethic. In his interviews he talks about repetition in refining his jump shot, studying MJ and Kobe. Obviously, I’m a huge fan of scoring point guards, Darius Garland could be Nick Van Exel. He has the charisma, the shake, and his three point shot is wet.

I would keep the pick.
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 10:51 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
al242 wrote:

Unpopular opinion, I don’t think Zion will be anywhere as good as “statisticians” project. Not too long ago Michael Beasley dominated college too. When Zion was the focal point during the McDonalds game, he was a turnover machine with the ball in his hands. His work at Duke was mostly off the ball as a finisher. I also think a few prospects have just as much star potential as Zion, and I’m not referring to the other two in the “three player draft” either. Brandon Clarke has a chip, he could blow up to win rookie of the year out of nowhere like Malcolm Brogdon. I’m also impressed with Jarrett Culver and his work ethic. In his interviews he talks about repetition in refining his jump shot, studying MJ and Kobe. Obviously, I’m a huge fan of scoring point guards, Darius Garland could be Nick Van Exel. He has the charisma, the shake, and his three point shot is wet.

I would keep the pick.

You know, JM, I feel very much the way you do. It may not matter to Zion because of his athleticism/size, but I can't shake the feeling that he's a bit of a tweener.

I also don't think he has the on-ball skills to be an all-timer. And I won't call quite call it (although I want to- lol) but I don't think he's going to be the best player in this draft when all is said and done.

You remove the business side of the sport, and I'm not sure I'd pick him at 1.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 10:54 am    Post subject:

The God Particle wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
al242 wrote:

Unpopular opinion, I don’t think Zion will be anywhere as good as “statisticians” project. Not too long ago Michael Beasley dominated college too. When Zion was the focal point during the McDonalds game, he was a turnover machine with the ball in his hands. His work at Duke was mostly off the ball as a finisher. I also think a few prospects have just as much star potential as Zion, and I’m not referring to the other two in the “three player draft” either. Brandon Clarke has a chip, he could blow up to win rookie of the year out of nowhere like Malcolm Brogdon. I’m also impressed with Jarrett Culver and his work ethic. In his interviews he talks about repetition in refining his jump shot, studying MJ and Kobe. Obviously, I’m a huge fan of scoring point guards, Darius Garland could be Nick Van Exel. He has the charisma, the shake, and his three point shot is wet.

I would keep the pick.

You know, JM, I feel very much the way you do. It may not matter to Zion because of his athleticism/size, but I can't shake the feeling that he's a bit of a tweener.

I also don't think he has the on-ball skills to be an all-timer. And I won't call quite call it (although I want to- lol) but I don't think he's going to be the best player in this draft when all is said and done.

Let me guess you'd take Garland.

You just exposed your self.

Zion is the top pick.
Kobe_Is_King13
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 10:55 am    Post subject:

The pick should be Culver or Reddish.

They both have the size, shooting and defense that will translate to the NBA.
Garland's size and lack of tape is concerning. Hunter doesn't have the fluidity of an NBA player.

Shooting is important, but it's a skill that can be added. I think too much emphasis is being placed on adding a shooter. Hunter is not worth the #4 pick. Garland just hasn't shown enough to be picked #4 overall.

The best choices are Culver, Reddish and maybe White.
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 10:57 am    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
al242 wrote:

I would keep the pick.

Zion is the top pick.

Actually, I'd take Ja. And gun to my head now, I'd probably take Barrett 2 with Garland a 2b.

I'm not in love with Zion's on-ball skills.

I just exposed myself? GTFOH with that nonsense.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 10:58 am    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Garland played FIVE COLLEGE games against....what top teams? how does that justify a top pick?

Dude, this is 2019, not the 80's/90's. They've been drafting based on potential since the rules were changed where HS kids can go straight to the NBA. Then they changed it again and forced the 1 yr college rule. We can debate about how it's wise or not for NBA teams to place more stock on their HS careers than the 1 yr College. But you acting like you don't know this?

If we are drafting out of potential based on HS stats and performance...there are better prospects than Garland.

If we draft because of college potential...then it's fair to say 5 games is a small sample.

This is where Garland is questionable.

He could have answered some questions on the combine but he didn't participate.

He got a promise.

Joker was drafted in the 2nd rd. I have issues with people being definitive about a prospect in a very not so exact science. Some of these kids regress in the big league, and some who didn't show as much promise improve like a bat outta hell.

DG was rated #1 PG going in the NCAA. Had he played the entire season, it may or may not have stayed that way. I don't know and I'm sure as heck not going to try and convince people he's the guy, or not the guy. Fans that debate zealously confuse scouting ability with personal preference or bias.
lakerfanaticPT
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 10:58 am    Post subject:

LakersForever123 wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:

Thoughts on him?

Yes, whoever picks him up will be VERY happy IMO.
Would love, love the Lakers to steal him somewhere early second if around but I think after workouts he goes lottery. He will surprise many in the coming weeks.
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 10:59 am    Post subject:

Kobe_Is_King13 wrote:
The pick should be Culver or Reddish.

They both have the size, shooting and defense that will translate to the NBA.
Garland's size and lack of tape is concerning. Hunter doesn't have the fluidity of an NBA player.

Shooting is important, but it's a skill that can be added. I think too much emphasis is being placed on adding a shooter. Hunter is not worth the #4 pick. Garland just hasn't shown enough to be picked #4 overall.

The best choices are Culver, Reddish and maybe White.

Define shooting?

As in, they're both capable of taking them?

If so, I completely agree.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:00 am    Post subject:

The God Particle wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
al242 wrote:

I would keep the pick.

Zion is the top pick.

Actually, I'd take Ja. And gun to my head now, I'd probably take Barrett 2 with Garland a 2b.

You exposed your nonsense by picking Ja over Zion.

gtfo
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:01 am    Post subject:

I love the passion guys. I'm all for the Lakers to do well (as opposed to being right). Good info, either way.

28 more days!!!
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:02 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
Garland played FIVE COLLEGE games against....what top teams? how does that justify a top pick?

Dude, this is 2019, not the 80's/90's. They've been drafting based on potential since the rules were changed where HS kids can go straight to the NBA. Then they changed it again and forced the 1 yr college rule. We can debate about how it's wise or not for NBA teams to place more stock on their HS careers than the 1 yr College. But you acting like you don't know this?

If we are drafting out of potential based on HS stats and performance...there are better prospects than Garland.

If we draft because of college potential...then it's fair to say 5 games is a small sample.

He got a promise.

Joker was drafted in the 2nd rd. I have issues with people being definitive about a prospect in a very not so exact science. Some of these kids regress in the big league, and some who didn't show as much promise improve like a bat outta hell.

DG was rated #1 PG going in the NCAA. Had he played the entire season, it may or may not have stayed that way. I don't know and I'm sure as heck not going to try and convince people he's the guy, or not the guy. Fans that debate zealously confuse scouting ability with personal preference or bias.

But around 14th overall.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:05 am    Post subject:

lakerfanaticPT wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:

Thoughts on him?

Yes, whoever picks him up will be VERY happy IMO.
Would love, love the Lakers to steal him somewhere early second if around but I think after workouts he goes lottery. He will surprise many in the coming weeks.

Some of you are deady to the cause . I love it.
The God Particle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:06 am    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
al242 wrote:

I would keep the pick.

Zion is the top pick.

gtfo

The elite of the elite are ON THE BALL players... I'm just not sure Zion is.

I guess time will tell whether Zion turns into the best in this draft won't it.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:07 am    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:

He got a promise.

But around 14th overall.

Who is your 4th pick if you were employed by the Lakers?
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:09 am    Post subject:

The God Particle wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
The God Particle wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
al242 wrote:

I would keep the pick.

Zion is the top pick.

gtfo

The elite of the elite are ON THE BALL players... I'm just not sure Zion is.

I guess time will tell whether Zion turns into the best in this draft won't it.

You think there's coming back from your pick Ja over Zion stance?

The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:09 am    Post subject:

Zion's not overrated. His on ball skills are actually better than what he's given credit for. He has very good court vision and is a willing passer. He can rebound the ball and go coast to coast in a flash. At 285 lbs with a 45 inch vert there really hasn't been a guy like him since Lebron. Comparing him to Beasley is way off mainly because Beasley was a lazy pothead that had minimal motor and no work ethic. Zion is the opposite of that personality.
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:10 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:

He got a promise.

But around 14th overall.

Depends on who's left.

100% sure I'd draft a 2 way player.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 11:11 am    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:

He got a promise.

But around 14th overall.

Depends on who's left.

100% sure I'd draft a 2 way player.

C'mon now, lets assume Zion, RJ and Ja are gone. Give me a name.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 289, 290, 291 ... 439, 440, 441  Next
Page 290 of 441
Jump to: