Official General 2019 NBA Draft Talk Thread (Lakers Get 46th Pick/Talen Horton-Tucker, Sign Cacok, Norvell, Caroline)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 439, 440, 441  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:30 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
whatever happened to filipino Kobe?

Who?
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:34 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
governator wrote:

Who?

You mean Kobe Paras?
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:39 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
governator wrote:

Who?

You mean Kobe Paras?

You’re probably right. I thought he was saying there was a Filipino player who played like Kobe. My bad.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:41 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
governator wrote:

Who?

You mean Kobe Paras?

You’re probably right. I thought he was saying there was a Filipino player who played like Kobe. My bad.

I think Clarkson is also half filipino but we already know he is not playing like real Mamba....
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:46 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
governator wrote:

Who?

You mean Kobe Paras?

I think Clarkson is also half filipino but we already know he is not playing like real Mamba....

Yeah, Paras, that's his name. He was supposed to be the best prospect coming out of Asia couple years ago
Air Kobe
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:49 am    Post subject:

I don't know a lot about prospects this year outside of the Duke boys, but I've been seeing stuff about this Bruno Fernando guy and he looks like just what we need at the C spot. Any chance we grab him if we end up out of the playoffs?
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:55 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
governator wrote:

Who?

You mean Kobe Paras?

Yeah, Paras, that's his name. He was supposed to be the best prospect coming out of Asia couple years ago

He signed some letter of intention for UCLA but I don't know what happened after. He was a great prospect at that time.
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:56 pm    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
governator wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
governator wrote:

Who?

You mean Kobe Paras?

He signed some letter of intention for UCLA but I don't know what happened after. He was a great prospect at that time.

Not sure about the "great prospect". He is playing college basketball right now for the University of the Phillippines.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:01 pm    Post subject:

Air Kobe wrote:
I don't know a lot about prospects this year outside of the Duke boys, but I've been seeing stuff about this Bruno Fernando guy and he looks like just what we need at the C spot. Any chance we grab him if we end up out of the playoffs?

might be able to even if we make the playoffs....I have seen him mocked anywhere from late lottery to the mid 20's.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:51 am    Post subject:

Romeo Langford is somehow still in the lottery on some mocks and I don't understand and am confused.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:23 am    Post subject:

Zion

Jarrett Culver
Jontay Porter
Brandon Clarke

Bol Bol
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:45 am    Post subject:

Langford, Culver, Fernando, Porter, Bol Bol

Those are my guys as of right now.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:34 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:

All of those names make sense to me except Langford. Do you think he'll shoot in the pros?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:36 am    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Zion

Jarrett Culver
Jontay Porter
Brandon Clarke

Bol Bol

what is this? This is not your Top 5?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:15 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Zion

Jarrett Culver
Jontay Porter
Brandon Clarke

Bol Bol

Tis
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:41 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:

All of those names make sense to me except Langford. Do you think he'll shoot in the pros?

His form Is too good for it to not eventually come around. I’d like to get more feedback from shooting drills in individual workouts before I’d take him over the other guys. But mid first, I’ll take him and hope the jumpshot confidence comes around.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:11 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Zion

Jarrett Culver
Jontay Porter
Brandon Clarke

Bol Bol

Tis

wow, there is zero chance I would use a Top 5 pick on any of those guys outside Zion.....and I really like them all except Bol Bol. Just can't get stuck paying those type of players $5-$8 Million a year early on. Trade Down.
MustardJam
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:41 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Zion

Jarrett Culver
Jontay Porter
Brandon Clarke

Bol Bol

Tis

wow, there is zero chance I would use a Top 5 pick on any of those guys outside Zion.....and I really like them all except Bol Bol. Just can't get stuck paying those type of players $5-$8 Million a year early on. Trade Down.

That's because that is a horrible top 5. Zion, Morant, and Barrett are pretty much guaranteed to go top 3. Reddish and Culver probably round it out. Hachimura, Langford, Little, and Garland also have cases. Trading down isn't needed because the top 3 is extremely good and the guys that come after also are good

Porter is a fringe top 20 pick and isn't even going to go in the lottery, Bol Bol is maybe a fringe lottery pick, and Bradon Clarke might not even go in the first round. I don't know what the hell that list even is.

Lakers don't have a second round pick but Thybulle is going to be the steal of the draft. Dudes stats on defense are absurd. Leads college with 3.4 SPG and also averages 2.1 BPG. He's a great piece for a contender.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:02 am    Post subject:

MustardJam wrote:
adkindo wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Zion

Jarrett Culver
Jontay Porter
Brandon Clarke

Bol Bol

Tis

That's because that is a horrible top 5. Zion, Morant, and Barrett are pretty much guaranteed to go top 3. Reddish and Culver probably round it out. Hachimura, Langford, Little, and Garland also have cases. Trading down isn't needed because the top 3 is extremely good and the guys that come after also are good

Porter is a fringe top 20 pick and isn't even going to go in the lottery, Bol Bol is maybe a fringe lottery pick, and Bradon Clarke might not even go in the first round. I don't know what the hell that list even is.

Lakers don't have a second round pick but Thybulle is going to be the steal of the draft. Dudes stats on defense are absurd. Leads college with 3.4 SPG and also averages 2.1 BPG. He's a great piece for a contender.

Barrett's a guy I wouldn't touch in the top five, maybe not even top 10 in a weaker draft. You're consigning your team to a lot of lottery trips while he chucks his way to counting stats that "earn" him a fat second contract he may never live up to. What's the upside there? Devin Booker? I'd rather go with an obvious second or third option guy like Reddish who knows his limitations than try to build around Barrett who's a second or third option guy deluded into thinking he's a mega star.

Morant is a better option because of the legit passing chops and the speed, but that shot is busted. What's the upside there? A skinny John Wall who never defends (instead of the real John Wall who cared on D for a few seasons)...? I like him, but he's getting De'Aaron Fox shine like Fox's shooting improvement is some normal thing and not a damn miracle.

I know where Porter, Clarke, and Bol are likely to go in the draft. That doesn't mean that they won't outplay a lot of the guys taken ahead of them (health permitting). Clarke and Porter are going to help produce actual wins rather than Barrett's likely empty stats while Bol is a boom-bust pick with Dirk level upside. If I'm going with risky picks, I'll take his potential peak over that of Barrett and Morant (and I like Morant).

I'm happy to see you're a fan of Culver.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:07 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

His form Is too good for it to not eventually come around. I’d like to get more feedback from shooting drills in individual workouts before I’d take him over the other guys. But mid first, I’ll take him and hope the jumpshot confidence comes around.

He has a wonky c0ckback to his wrists on his shot. That seems fixable, but he's never really shot well from deep at any level. I suppose his natural touch on floaters is a positive sign.

If you're confident he'll shoot, he makes a lot more sense that high.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:16 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

He has a wonky c0ckback to his wrists on his shot. That seems fixable, but he's never really shot well from deep at any level. I suppose his natural touch on floaters is a positive sign.

If you're confident he'll shoot, he makes a lot more sense that high.

Ive never really noticed the cockback tbh, I’ll have to look for it. Ext time they play, but then again I’m not mechanics expert. The only issue I have with Langford is his How much he reminds of BI with his on court demeanor and persona. Just doesn’t play with a lot of emotion which can be a great thing, but also can be a major red flag.

I love Porter, but sometimes his game reminds me a LOT of Jorge Garbajosa. Terrific passer, plays hard, and can hit the jumper. Not sure how much upside there is unless he really commits himself to correcting his body.

Fernando still reminds me of what young Kwame Brown could have been. Bobbles passes, still struggles with the balk in his hands but the guy just plays with a constant motor, guard the pick and roll at a near elite level for a big, finish over top of the D off ball and even guards the paint.
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:59 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
governator wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
governator wrote:

Who?

You mean Kobe Paras?

Kobe Paras had been offered a scholie to UCLA, had accepted, made application to the school, was accepted for the 2016/17 school year. However, a delay in provision of grades and test scores proved not compatible with admission and the scores incompatible for projection of matriculation at that school. He withdrew and attended Creighton for one season on sports scholarship, rode the bench and withdrew as soon as the season ended.
MustardJam
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:42 am    Post subject:

MustardJam wrote:
adkindo wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Zion

Jarrett Culver
Jontay Porter
Brandon Clarke

Bol Bol

Tis

Barrett's a guy I wouldn't touch in the top five, maybe not even top 10 in a weaker draft. You're consigning your team to a lot of lottery trips while he chucks his way to counting stats that "earn" him a fat second contract he may never live up to. What's the upside there? Devin Booker? I'd rather go with an obvious second or third option guy like Reddish who knows his limitations than try to build around Barrett who's a second or third option guy deluded into thinking he's a mega star.

Morant is a better option because of the legit passing chops and the speed, but that shot is busted. What's the upside there? A skinny John Wall who never defends (instead of the real John Wall who cared on D for a few seasons)...? I like him, but he's getting De'Aaron Fox shine like Fox's shooting improvement is some normal thing and not a damn miracle.

I know where Porter, Clarke, and Bol are likely to go in the draft. That doesn't mean that they won't outplay a lot of the guys taken ahead of them (health permitting). Clarke and Porter are going to help produce actual wins rather than Barrett's likely empty stats while Bol is a boom-bust pick with Dirk level upside. If I'm going with risky picks, I'll take his potential peak over that of Barrett and Morant (and I like Morant).

I'm happy to see you're a fan of Culver.

Fully disagree with Barrett. The Booker comparison is a bad one. Barrett is an incredible athlete and has extremely good size and length. This means he can be a great defender. He's also an underrated passer. His upside is closer to Kobe and T-MAC. I know, comparisons to greats tend to rub people the wrong way but in terms of ceiling, those make more sense. Granted, he can end up flopping more like Wiggins but we will see. My point is, he has incredible potential.

Porter on the other hand doesn't seem made for todays NBA.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:12 pm    Post subject:

70sdude wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:
governator wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:
governator wrote:

Who?

You mean Kobe Paras?

Kobe Paras had been offered a scholie to UCLA, had accepted, made application to the school, was accepted for the 2016/17 school year. However, a delay in provision of grades and test scores proved not compatible with admission and the scores incompatible for projection of matriculation at that school. He withdrew and attended Creighton for one season on sports scholarship, rode the bench and withdrew as soon as the season ended.

He was recruited as a favor to Etop so Alford had a better chance of landing the Compton Magic kids.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:10 pm    Post subject:

LakersForever123 wrote:
mike@lg, what is your take on Deandre Hunter?

Will he be a top 10 pick? He will be 22 this year.

Yes he'll be Top 10.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 439, 440, 441  Next
Page 32 of 441
Jump to: