Official General 2019 NBA Draft Talk Thread (NOR 1; MEM 2; NYC 3; LAL 4)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 379, 380, 381 ... 383, 384, 385  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
legend825
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Jun 2012
Posts: 2392

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:58 pm    Post subject:

@Jordan-esque, they brought in Culver and Hunter for the #4 pick. They also attended Reddish's pro-day. I dunno if they snuck Garland in for a workout though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 20885

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:02 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
This isn't a big deal, but Zion has very little in common with Charles Barkley outside of rebounding (and Barkley was a better rebounder than Zion).

Zion is a 280-lb guard and should be compared to other guards.
_________________
Banana Head Again
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Posts: 6256
Location: Oceanside Ca

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
This isn't a big deal, but Zion has very little in common with Charles Barkley outside of rebounding (and Barkley was a better rebounder than Zion).

Zion is a 280-lb guard and should be compared to other guards.


Zion in Larry Johnson , go check some YouTube videos.

I'm waiting fro the next Shaun Kemp
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 33511
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:10 pm    Post subject:

legend825 wrote:
@Jordan-esque, they brought in Culver and Hunter for the #4 pick. They also attended Reddish's pro-day. I dunno if they snuck Garland in for a workout though.


I do not recall them bringing Hunter in for a workout....when did that take place?
_________________
Order of preference for the draft pick @ #4: 1.) R.J. Barrett 2.) Darius Garland 3.) Cam Reddish 4.) Jarrett Culver
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Aug 2017
Posts: 3831

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:13 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
This isn't a big deal, but Zion has very little in common with Charles Barkley outside of rebounding (and Barkley was a better rebounder than Zion).

Zion is a 280-lb guard and should be compared to other guards.


Zion in Larry Johnson , go check some YouTube videos.

I'm waiting fro the next Shaun Kemp


He's going to be better than Grand MaMa and Kemp. Zion has Kemp's athleticism but with an extra 30 lbs. He's also a fluid ball handler and playmaker. His shooting is already ahead of guys like Julius Randle and Aaron Gordon at the same age and look at the improvement they've had. By year 4 Zion might be the best player in the league.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 20885

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:19 pm    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
This isn't a big deal, but Zion has very little in common with Charles Barkley outside of rebounding (and Barkley was a better rebounder than Zion).

Zion is a 280-lb guard and should be compared to other guards.


Zion in Larry Johnson , go check some YouTube videos.

I'm waiting fro the next Shaun Kemp

No, he's more guard athletic than Grandmama and Kemp. Zion is the greatest pure athlete I've ever seen on a basketball court just ahead of Shaq and Lebron.
_________________
Banana Head Again
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Baron Von Humongous
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 Jul 2015
Posts: 20885

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:21 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
This isn't a big deal, but Zion has very little in common with Charles Barkley outside of rebounding (and Barkley was a better rebounder than Zion).

Zion is a 280-lb guard and should be compared to other guards.


Zion in Larry Johnson , go check some YouTube videos.

I'm waiting fro the next Shaun Kemp


He's going to be better than Grand MaMa and Kemp. Zion has Kemp's athleticism but with an extra 30 lbs. He's also a fluid ball handler and playmaker. His shooting is already ahead of guys like Julius Randle and Aaron Gordon at the same age and look at the improvement they've had. By year 4 Zion might be the best player in the league.

I tell people online and IRL to look at Zion's lean when he goes into attack mode - any human being who can go nearly parallel to the floor is already a freak, but Zion is doing it at 280 pounds.
_________________
Banana Head Again
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hydro21
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 May 2005
Posts: 2355
Location: NYC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
This isn't a big deal, but Zion has very little in common with Charles Barkley outside of rebounding (and Barkley was a better rebounder than Zion).


He is pre back injury Larry Johnson imo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Dec 2004
Posts: 4056

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:59 pm    Post subject:

I love Zion (an SC Kid) but some of the hyperbole here is getting out of hand.
_________________
Build around team players, not ISO players.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
Hydro21
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 May 2005
Posts: 2355
Location: NYC

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:00 pm    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:
I love Zion (an SC Kid) but some of the hyperbole here is getting out of hand.


The best player in league in 4 years take is laying it on thick lol. I think he is star in the making though .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Aug 2005
Posts: 1809

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:01 pm    Post subject:

woops wrong thread

Last edited by KBandKB on Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Dec 2004
Posts: 4056

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Hydro21 wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
I love Zion (an SC Kid) but some of the hyperbole here is getting out of hand.


The best player in league in 4 years take is laying it on thick lol. I think he is star in the making though .


I agree. Star and future best player in the league? Possible. In 4 years? Not likely.
_________________
Build around team players, not ISO players.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 33511
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Hydro21 wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
I love Zion (an SC Kid) but some of the hyperbole here is getting out of hand.


The best player in league in 4 years take is laying it on thick lol. I think he is star in the making though .


I agree....if everything goes as expected, he will likely be an All Star or even All NBA level player.....but like all rookies, guy has flaws to his game that will have to be improved to get to that level, and that will take years of work/development. A lot can go wrong or right in that time period. Also, it is almost impossible to predict a 19 year old will reach the level of HOF or all time great....bet against it 100% of the time, and you will likely be correct 99% of the time.
_________________
Order of preference for the draft pick @ #4: 1.) R.J. Barrett 2.) Darius Garland 3.) Cam Reddish 4.) Jarrett Culver
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Aug 2017
Posts: 3831

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Zion's the best two way prospect since Lebron, even better than AD. Like Lebron, Zion might be arguable for best in the league by year 4-5.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 7476
Location: San Diego, California

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:36 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Zion's the best two way prospect since Lebron, even better than AD. Like Lebron, Zion might be arguable for best in the league by year 4-5.


Every year there’s a new “savior”. Remember when guys here used to talk about high school Ben Simmons as the next big thing. He’s good, but he’s no where near a GOAT. People saying Zion is the next Barkley must have forgotten how good Barkley really was. If he’s Philly Barkley, then the young man is well on his way, but that’s a big if.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Aug 2017
Posts: 3831

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:42 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
Zion's the best two way prospect since Lebron, even better than AD. Like Lebron, Zion might be arguable for best in the league by year 4-5.


Every year there’s a new “savior”. Remember when guys here used to talk about high school Ben Simmons as the next big thing. He’s good, but he’s no where near a GOAT. People saying Zion is the next Barkley must have forgotten how good Barkley really was. If he’s Philly Barkley, then the young man is well on his way, but that’s a big if.


You have to watch him. He's different than those other guys like Simmons. Zion's built like an All Pro Defensive end but has the nimbleness of a guard and a non stop motor on both ends.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Dec 2004
Posts: 4056

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:50 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
Zion's the best two way prospect since Lebron, even better than AD. Like Lebron, Zion might be arguable for best in the league by year 4-5.


Every year there’s a new “savior”. Remember when guys here used to talk about high school Ben Simmons as the next big thing. He’s good, but he’s no where near a GOAT. People saying Zion is the next Barkley must have forgotten how good Barkley really was. If he’s Philly Barkley, then the young man is well on his way, but that’s a big if.


You have to watch him. He's different than those other guys like Simmons. Zion's built like an All Pro Defensive end but has the nimbleness of a guard and a non stop motor on both ends.


Zion is what you'd get from combining (style, not talent level) AD and Randle but with Ingram's handles...
_________________
Build around team players, not ISO players.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 7476
Location: San Diego, California

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:10 pm    Post subject:

@Mike

“Time Lord” Robert Williams? I’m dead 😵!

Saw your response on twitter.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Jordan-esque
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Aug 2005
Posts: 8857

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:46 pm    Post subject:

Garland working out with LeBron

https://twitter.com/lakersempire/status/1137423436324777990?s=21
_________________


Quote:
“One at a time they’re good, two at a time they’re great, 3 of them together they unbeata-BALL."

- LaVar on why Lakers should draft all 3 Ball Brothers (6/12/18)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
panamaniac
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 May 2011
Posts: 8815
Location: PTY

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:14 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Garland working out with LeBron

https://twitter.com/lakersempire/status/1137423436324777990?s=21


Interesting. At least we know who Klutch's pick is. I hope the FO agrees, cuz I really like Garland @ 4.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Pidge
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 395

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:50 pm    Post subject:

Hate those lethargic workout vids, quarter pace moves set to a slow beat proving nothing. Feels like Klutch trying to lend him some credibility.

Has he actually worked out for us at all? Would like to know we've checked the dude can actually clear 6 inches off the floor before taking a punt on him.
_________________
"I got Wheaties!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Posts: 6256
Location: Oceanside Ca

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:17 am    Post subject:

Zion the new Larry Johnson
Artes the new Rodman
Kobe the new Jordan
Ball the new Nash
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 17 Aug 2008
Posts: 11874
Location: Earth

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:28 am    Post subject:

noahp45 wrote:
Zion the new Larry Johnson
Artes the new Rodman
Kobe the new Jordan
Ball the new Nash



Ball a "can't shoot" but "can defend" nash...
_________________
The move
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Posts: 6256
Location: Oceanside Ca

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:38 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
noahp45 wrote:
Zion the new Larry Johnson
Artes the new Rodman
Kobe the new Jordan
Ball the new Nash



Ball a "can't shoot" but "can defend" nash...



Nash was a horrible shooter his first few years
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 29455

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:58 am    Post subject:

Is Zions defense really that good?
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊

I'll take this lineup: 👑 . 🤨 . 🖐️ . Kuz . Justin
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 379, 380, 381 ... 383, 384, 385  Next
Page 380 of 385
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB