Official General 2019 NBA Draft Talk Thread (NOR 1; MEM 2; NYC 3; LAL 4)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 381, 382, 383, 384, 385  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 11854

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:15 pm    Post subject:

ESPN Mock Draft special has us taking Hunter at 4.

But Woj says if we draft him, that something has gone extremely wrong.
(Meaning we didn't get AD)

They have Garland going at 5.

I don't get why they didn't have us taking Garland or Culver.


Last edited by Sentient Meat on Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 29427

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:16 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
ESPN Mock Draft special has us taking Hunter at 4.

But Woj says if we draft him, that something has gone extremely wrong.

They have Garland going at 5.


Sweet.
Now we know who NOT to pick.
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊

LBJ23 . KL2 . AD21
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 11854

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:17 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
ESPN Mock Draft special has us taking Hunter at 4.

But Woj says if we draft him, that something has gone extremely wrong.

They have Garland going at 5.


Sweet.
Now we know who NOT to pick.


Yeah, it made me think Woj may have connections but I wonder how much he actually understands basketball.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Apr 2017
Posts: 3039

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:17 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
ESPN Mock Draft special has us taking Hunter at 4.

But Woj says if we draft him, that something has gone extremely wrong.

They have Garland going at 5.


Don’t think we’re gonna need Hunter anymore. It all depends on how much Atlanta values 4. We could get the two for 1 if they want Garland with Trae.
_________________
🥛 🍪
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 11854

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:19 pm    Post subject:

They have the Suns taking Coby White.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 33482
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:23 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
epak wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
ESPN Mock Draft special has us taking Hunter at 4.

But Woj says if we draft him, that something has gone extremely wrong.

They have Garland going at 5.


Sweet.
Now we know who NOT to pick.


Yeah, it made me think Woj may have connections but I wonder how much he actually understands basketball.


but didn't Bobby Marks make the Lakers pick? Bobby Marks is an idiot.
_________________
Order of preference for the draft pick @ #4: 1.) R.J. Barrett 2.) Darius Garland 3.) Cam Reddish 4.) Jarrett Culver
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 29427

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:26 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
epak wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
ESPN Mock Draft special has us taking Hunter at 4.

But Woj says if we draft him, that something has gone extremely wrong.

They have Garland going at 5.


Sweet.
Now we know who NOT to pick.


Yeah, it made me think Woj may have connections but I wonder how much he actually understands basketball.


but didn't Bobby Marks make the Lakers pick? Bobby Marks is an idiot.


Bro, c'mon.
The idiocy isn't exclusive to one. They can both be morons
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊

LBJ23 . KL2 . AD21
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Jul 2002
Posts: 2134

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:14 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
epak wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
ESPN Mock Draft special has us taking Hunter at 4.

But Woj says if we draft him, that something has gone extremely wrong.

They have Garland going at 5.


Sweet.
Now we know who NOT to pick.


Yeah, it made me think Woj may have connections but I wonder how much he actually understands basketball.


I don't think I've ever heard Woj say "pin down", "double drag", "horns" or "5 out". It's cool being a basketball reporter and not knowing a thing about basketball that the average fan doesn't know.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Apr 2017
Posts: 3039

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:21 am    Post subject:

If we get 8/10: draft Kyle Guy and Ty Jerome for Vogel.
_________________
🥛 🍪
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 7474
Location: San Diego, California

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:50 am    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
epak wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
ESPN Mock Draft special has us taking Hunter at 4.

But Woj says if we draft him, that something has gone extremely wrong.

They have Garland going at 5.


Sweet.
Now we know who NOT to pick.


Yeah, it made me think Woj may have connections but I wonder how much he actually understands basketball.


I don't think I've ever heard Woj say "pin down", "double drag", "horns" or "5 out". It's cool being a basketball reporter and not knowing a thing about basketball that the average fan doesn't know.


Surprisingly, Windhorst knows that stuff. I doubt he was ever a baller, so good for him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Aug 2017
Posts: 3825

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:12 am    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
If we get 8/10: draft Kyle Guy and Ty Jerome for Vogel.


I'd rather go Coby White and Bol Bol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 11854

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:42 am    Post subject:

Update on Bol Bol

https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/1139182966234583046?s=19
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Aug 2017
Posts: 3825

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:47 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Update on Bol Bol

https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/1139182966234583046?s=19



Looking sexy in those drills. At 7'2 with those skills
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 11854

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:48 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Update on Bol Bol

https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/1139182966234583046?s=19



Looking sexy in those drills. At 7'2 with those skills


Yeah wanted him at 11... but he's even tempting me at 4.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Dec 2004
Posts: 4056

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:49 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Update on Bol Bol

https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/1139182966234583046?s=19


Nope...still nope.
_________________
Build around team players, not ISO players.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Aug 2017
Posts: 3825

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:50 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Update on Bol Bol

https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/1139182966234583046?s=19



Looking sexy in those drills. At 7'2 with those skills


Yeah wanted him at 11... but he's even tempting me at 4.


If we took him 4th it would cause a riot on here. But if ATL wants to give us the 8 and 10 I'd gladly take Bol Bol with either of those picks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 11854

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:52 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
Update on Bol Bol

https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/1139182966234583046?s=19



Looking sexy in those drills. At 7'2 with those skills


Yeah wanted him at 11... but he's even tempting me at 4.


If we took him 4th it would cause a riot on here. But if ATL wants to give us the 8 and 10 I'd gladly take Bol Bol with either of those picks.


Yeah that would be the best outcome.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 23 Jun 2005
Posts: 37346

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:01 am    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Update on Bol Bol

Jonathan Givony wrote:

    Bol Bol conducted a Pro Day in LA yesterday in front of approximately a dozen NBA teams, including five GMs, to ease concerns around his health and remind them of his ultra high skill-level. Bol showed why he's considered a top-five talent in this draft in terms of pure upside.
Jun 13, 2019ReplyRetweetFavorite



I’m down. They already have a starting rotation, why not gamble on highest upside prospect? On top of which, Bol is the kind of center Vogel would build around...
_________________
SHOWTIME FOREVER (118 of 187 Playoff Games)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Dec 2004
Posts: 4056

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:29 am    Post subject:

So many people didn't watch Bol Bol actually play.


He'd give up more than he'd score. We already have a guy like that on the roster playing the same position - Kuzma.
_________________
Build around team players, not ISO players.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Aug 2017
Posts: 3825

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:37 am    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:
So many people didn't watch Bol Bol actually play.


He'd give up more than he'd score. We already have a guy like that on the roster playing the same position - Kuzma.


A 7'3 Kuzma with a 7'8 wingspan is a great get for the 4th pick. Except Bol has shown good timing for blocking shots and has better court vision than Kuz


https://www.thestepien.com/bol-bol/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 30393

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:38 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
So many people didn't watch Bol Bol actually play.


He'd give up more than he'd score. We already have a guy like that on the roster playing the same position - Kuzma.


A 7'3 Kuzma with a 7'8 wingspan is a great get for the 4th pick. Except Bol has shown good timing for blocking shots and has better court vision than Kuz


https://www.thestepien.com/bol-bol/


And won’t be able to make a shot within 15 feet, and can’t get much separation offf the dribble on the perimeter , and doesn’t do well with contests
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Aug 2017
Posts: 3825

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:41 am    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
So many people didn't watch Bol Bol actually play.


He'd give up more than he'd score. We already have a guy like that on the roster playing the same position - Kuzma.


A 7'3 Kuzma with a 7'8 wingspan is a great get for the 4th pick. Except Bol has shown good timing for blocking shots and has better court vision than Kuz


https://www.thestepien.com/bol-bol/


And won’t be able to make a shot within 15 feet, and can’t get much separation offf the dribble on the perimeter , and doesn’t do well with contests


Every player in this draft has multiple weaknesses that can be picked on as well. Bol can improve all of those things. What he has already combined with his size and length are worth gambling on around picks 8-12 in this draft.

Quote:
7’3 with a 9’8 standing reach, Bol is an excellent rim protector but what really makes him stand out is his perimeter skill set. He is one of the best shooters in the class at 7’3! There are questions about his mental make up and frame but even if he isn’t a superstar Bol should be a valuable player as long as he stays healthy.



Health is my only reason for not taking him top 5
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Dec 2004
Posts: 4056

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:00 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
So many people didn't watch Bol Bol actually play.


He'd give up more than he'd score. We already have a guy like that on the roster playing the same position - Kuzma.


A 7'3 Kuzma with a 7'8 wingspan is a great get for the 4th pick. Except Bol has shown good timing for blocking shots and has better court vision than Kuz


https://www.thestepien.com/bol-bol/


And won’t be able to make a shot within 15 feet, and can’t get much separation offf the dribble on the perimeter , and doesn’t do well with contests


Every player in this draft has multiple weaknesses that can be picked on as well. Bol can improve all of those things. What he has already combined with his size and length are worth gambling on around picks 8-12 in this draft.

Quote:
7’3 with a 9’8 standing reach, Bol is an excellent rim protector but what really makes him stand out is his perimeter skill set. He is one of the best shooters in the class at 7’3! There are questions about his mental make up and frame but even if he isn’t a superstar Bol should be a valuable player as long as he stays healthy.



Health is my only reason for not taking him top 5


Health and post defense...and perimeter defense...and health again...
_________________
Build around team players, not ISO players.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Aug 2017
Posts: 3825

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:13 pm    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
So many people didn't watch Bol Bol actually play.


He'd give up more than he'd score. We already have a guy like that on the roster playing the same position - Kuzma.


A 7'3 Kuzma with a 7'8 wingspan is a great get for the 4th pick. Except Bol has shown good timing for blocking shots and has better court vision than Kuz


https://www.thestepien.com/bol-bol/


And won’t be able to make a shot within 15 feet, and can’t get much separation offf the dribble on the perimeter , and doesn’t do well with contests


Every player in this draft has multiple weaknesses that can be picked on as well. Bol can improve all of those things. What he has already combined with his size and length are worth gambling on around picks 8-12 in this draft.

Quote:
7’3 with a 9’8 standing reach, Bol is an excellent rim protector but what really makes him stand out is his perimeter skill set. He is one of the best shooters in the class at 7’3! There are questions about his mental make up and frame but even if he isn’t a superstar Bol should be a valuable player as long as he stays healthy.



Health is my only reason for not taking him top 5


Health and post defense...and perimeter defense...and health again...


Nah. Those are easily improvable things especially with increased strength that will naturally come with age and working with NBA trainers.

Health is the only real concern with Bol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Dec 2004
Posts: 4056

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:20 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
So many people didn't watch Bol Bol actually play.


He'd give up more than he'd score. We already have a guy like that on the roster playing the same position - Kuzma.


A 7'3 Kuzma with a 7'8 wingspan is a great get for the 4th pick. Except Bol has shown good timing for blocking shots and has better court vision than Kuz


https://www.thestepien.com/bol-bol/


And won’t be able to make a shot within 15 feet, and can’t get much separation offf the dribble on the perimeter , and doesn’t do well with contests


Every player in this draft has multiple weaknesses that can be picked on as well. Bol can improve all of those things. What he has already combined with his size and length are worth gambling on around picks 8-12 in this draft.

Quote:
7’3 with a 9’8 standing reach, Bol is an excellent rim protector but what really makes him stand out is his perimeter skill set. He is one of the best shooters in the class at 7’3! There are questions about his mental make up and frame but even if he isn’t a superstar Bol should be a valuable player as long as he stays healthy.



Health is my only reason for not taking him top 5


Health and post defense...and perimeter defense...and health again...


Nah. Those are easily improvable things especially with increased strength that will naturally come with age and working with NBA trainers.

Health is the only real concern with Bol


Suuuure...BIGs with foot injuries and freakish measurements (not in a good way) have not had a good track record in the NBA...
_________________
Build around team players, not ISO players.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 381, 382, 383, 384, 385  Next
Page 382 of 385
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB