Trainer charged for obstruction in death of dog owned by former Pats LB Jerod Mayo

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:51 pm    Post subject: Trainer charged for obstruction in death of dog owned by former Pats LB Jerod Mayo

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/07/trainer-charged-for-obstruction-in-death-of-dog-owned-by-former-patriots-linebacker-jerod-mayo/

Quote:
Trainer charged for obstruction in death of dog owned by former Patriots linebacker Jerod Mayo

Pleas on instagram for the return of former New England Patriots linebacker Jerod Mayo’s dog, Knox, went unheeded as the five-year old English bulldog was found dead in the house of his trainer, Amelia Ferriera, by the Rhode Island Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals.

Mayo posted on instagram that the dog had been found in a trash bag in the closet of Ferriera’s residence after being told that that dog had disappeared with multiple explanations as to how it happened.

“Staging him running away, him being stolen, even him drowning having us knocking on doors sending us false leads as we searched two states” Mayo wrote. “We’ve hired scuba teams, private investigators, lawyers and more when they knew they HAD HIM IN THEIR HOME IN A TRASH BAG tucked away the whole two months. Yeah A TRASH BAG!”

Per the Rhode Island SPCA, Ferriera has been charged with one count of obstruction for hindering efforts to locate the missing animal. A necropsy is being performed to determine the cause of death.

Mayo first posted about the dog’s disappearance in late June in making a plea for help in tracking down his beloved bulldog. The dog was found on Aug. 5, more than two months after Knox went missing.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:25 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't mind it if that trainer needed up in a plastic bag.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:19 pm    Post subject:

Come @ me, but cruelty to animals resonates with me more than people. English bulldogs? I've owned 2 over a period of 12 years and those fat bastards are the most loving, dopey, mf'ers ever. Gd people man...
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:43 pm    Post subject:

I most definitely echo the sentiments of DMR and jb here. Dogs are better than most people, so it resonates with me, too. I would not shed a tear if Ms. Ferriera were found "sleeping with the fishes."
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:16 am    Post subject:

Same here.. I had a small dog that thought it was an actual Lion Shih-tzu

It was a piece of me just as important as myself.. The fight or flight monster in me knew if someone ever hurt it I would have a lot of trouble not smashing them into a pothole and covering it..

She had a real life ya know

Tooth removed .. then benign breast cancer surgery
when doing the surgery they warned me of early signs of kidney disease
anal gland and tooth removed combined on same surgery day
6 1/2 more years together.. 14 1/2 in all

Dog was insane with how big it thought it was.
Was walking her one day and passing a slatted fence with two dogs behind it barking at her as we kept walking.
She stops us.. as we were about to pass.. dogs still barking at her..
Turns us around and we walk back to their gate and she peed on it..
I laughed my ass off and blushed.. bigger balls than me

Dare that state to only charge this person with that little penalty..
I am sure R.I. will be getting calls from all over the world to let them know this person needs more charges ASAP
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:18 am    Post subject:

RIP Big Puppy... your spirit/consciousness is still strong in the hearts of your owners
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:51 pm    Post subject:

There's one particular reason we as humans can relate to dogs on a very, very personal level: pets, and dogs particularly, connect with us on an emotional level.

We feel them, they feel us back. Any relationship that involves deep feelings is on par with practically any human relationship. One story I read about recently was of about a guy taking his own life after suffering unbearable pain when he had to put his dog down.

There are sooooooo many people who would choose their pet over humans in a heart beat. Real feelings, real actions.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:58 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
RIP Big Puppy... your spirit/consciousness is still strong in the hearts of your owners

Hey ContagiousInspiration, I love the user name. I've had a lifelong love affair with words so when I saw "Inspiration" in your user name, and "spirit" in your post, I've always been inspired to appreciate that "inspiration" is the energetic expression of in-spirit-ation.

Just having some fun and sharing.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:18 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
I most definitely echo the sentiments of DMR and jb here. Dogs are better than most people, so it resonates with me, too. I would not shed a tear if Ms. Ferriera were found "sleeping with the fishes."
dogs are not better than most people. they are more loyal than most people. They love and like you unconditionally. Like children before they grow up and learn that their parents are people too and they have their own issues.

Truth is dogs are loyal to a fault at times. Where a human can see a time when its time to get off the train. Dogs wont budge due to their innate loyalty. In addition, if it's more innate vs a true 100% choice to be that loyal it shouldnt be considered being better. How much does someone or something actually love you if it almost has to based on its natural tendency to do so vs someone or something having a choice to love you and choosing to love you even when its not their natural instinct to do so?

But I like dogs and this story is horrible.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:58 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
dogs are not better than most people. they are more loyal than most people. They love and like you unconditionally. Like children before they grow up and learn that their parents are people too and they have their own issues.

Truth is dogs are loyal to a fault at times. Where a human can see a time when its time to get off the train. Dogs wont budge due to their innate loyalty. In addition, if it's more innate vs a true 100% choice to be that loyal it shouldnt be considered being better. How much does someone or something actually love you if it almost has to based on its natural tendency to do so vs someone or something having a choice to love you and choosing to love you even when its not their natural instinct to do so?

Maybe what I said isn't literally true, but there are times when I think that it is. Your comparison of dogs vs. small children is an apt one, as they both love you unconditionally. When a parent inflicts physical abuse on a child (or, god forbid, that physical abuse results in the child's death), of course we're all sickened and appalled. I have the same reaction when it's a dog, because the circumstances are very similar: you have a being that loves you unconditionally and needs to be taken care of. If you're capable of inflicting physical harm on a being like that, you possess an awful evil. I mean, it's one thing to yell at your dog or your kid. But to beat the sh*t out of it? It takes a remarkable evil to do that.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:58 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Dude, get over yourself. No one TRULY thinks dogs are better than people, at least not in the literal sense you are attempting to argue.

But way to go bringing your pointless levels of supposed pragmatism and yet needless contrarianism to yet another thread.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:45 pm    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:

Hey ContagiousInspiration, I love the user name. I've had a lifelong love affair with words so when I saw "Inspiration" in your user name, and "spirit" in your post, I've always been inspired to appreciate that "inspiration" is the energetic expression of in-spirit-ation.

I love messing with words

Heart
Earth
Same letters and have art in them

Enthusiasm en theos God within

Thank you for that powerful clarification

My Ethiopian friend says he "Aspires to Inspire"
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Dogs are loyal to a fault
Far more intelligent than we comprehend

Far more willing to express care and humility

Go to a dog park and learn how to get along with everyone
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:25 am    Post subject:

I add the face to the accused. How did she mask the odor? The animal had to smell if he'd been dead for as long as reported.
Use <> to picture Knox.
LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:28 am    Post subject:

Loved Jerod Mayo, he was so, so good. Hope he gets justice.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:13 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Maybe what I said isn't literally true, but there are times when I think that it is. Your comparison of dogs vs. small children is an apt one, as they both love you unconditionally. When a parent inflicts physical abuse on a child (or, god forbid, that physical abuse results in the child's death), of course we're all sickened and appalled. I have the same reaction when it's a dog, because the circumstances are very similar: you have a being that loves you unconditionally and needs to be taken care of. If you're capable of inflicting physical harm on a being like that, you possess an awful evil. I mean, it's one thing to yell at your dog or your kid. But to beat the sh*t out of it? It takes a remarkable evil to do that.
you know what. you just made the best argument I've ever heard in regards to this. I can fully see your point now. again, i always thought the trainer is going to get whats coming to the trainer for doing whatever was done to kill the dog or if nothing else to hide the dead dog like that from the owner. maybe it was an accident. do we even know what actually happened? maybe i just skimmed the article. I only saw the part where the owner was looking high and low for the dog while the trainer knew this was going on and had the dead dog in the trash at home. But even if it was an accident. say something.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:16 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Dude, get over yourself. No one TRULY thinks dogs are better than people, at least not in the literal sense you are attempting to argue.

But way to go bringing your pointless levels of supposed pragmatism and yet needless contrarianism to yet another thread.
Uh there are actual people who truly believe animals are better than people. we both know this is the case. the person i addressed said this. how did i know if the person was half kidding? I didnt until it was clarified. But lets not act like there arent people who truly believe this is the case. as if I'm just making up something that doesnt exist when we both know it does. better luck next time dmr. catch me in another thread.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 10:41 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Uh there are actual people who truly believe animals are better than people. we both know this is the case. the person i addressed said this. how did i know if the person was half kidding? I didnt until it was clarified. But lets not act like there arent people who truly believe this is the case. as if I'm just making up something that doesnt exist when we both know it does. better luck next time dmr. catch me in another thread.

Stop... please don't make us all pitch in for an ignore button
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:27 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

please do. well actually all you have to do is keep scrolling when you certain people's name. thats what i do. certain names or even certain posts. scroll down. that is your old school ignore button. use it wisely.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:53 pm    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
catch me in another thread.

Yeah, that's the problem. Your insecure, masturbatory and failed attempts to prove how "smart" you are have infected far too many threads and discussions since the Mods allowed your second chance to be a member here.

And I fully understand if those same Mods want to give me a long vacation for expressing that obvious fact.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:38 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

I've heard about them. How do they work? I'm Ol Skool. I just don't reply to certain posters.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:23 am    Post subject:

come for the dog opinions

stay for the nlbford smackdown of pnp
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:36 am    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:

I love messing with words

Heart
Earth
Same letters and have art in them

Enthusiasm en theos God within

Thank you for that powerful clarification

My Ethiopian friend says he "Aspires to Inspire"

You are welcome.....aspire to inspire.....love it. If we embrace that approach, we, indeed, become "the change we want to see".
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:15 am    Post subject:

Huey Lewis & The News wrote:
come for the dog opinions

stay for the nlbford smackdown of pnp

Damit CMB always beats me to the punch......

Fwiw I like dogs and this is a terribly sad story. Just curious though, story says the dog was found by something similar to the humane society? How did they get into the house to find the dog? Do pet cops have search warrants? Not being scarcastic just genuinely curious.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: