Our closest team comparison?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Kind of reminds me of the team we had when we traded Eddie and Elden for Glen Rice and JR Reid.

Rodman
Rice
Shaq
Kobe
Fish
Horry
Fox
Reid
Rooks

Rodman didn't last long when he went to practice and forgot his shoes.

How did you come to the conclusion that the 99 Lakers resemble the current Lakers? What players does that team have that compares to the current Lakers?

Personalities more than anything. I always liked Glen Rice but some people thought he was pretty arrogant and Phil didn't like him too much. Rodman was Rodman...JR Reid was tough guy, dirty guy. Not so much their play but personalities. Way too much for Rambis to handle.

I think this team will be much more efficient and the so called "malcontents" will prove everyone wrong. Like I said I think this team will win 52 games and go to the WC finals.
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:20 pm    Post subject:

KobeDunk wrote:
The 1975 Lakers for sure

Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:26 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Kind of reminds me of the team we had when we traded Eddie and Elden for Glen Rice and JR Reid.

Rodman
Rice
Shaq
Kobe
Fish
Horry
Fox
Reid
Rooks

How did you come to the conclusion that the 99 Lakers resemble the current Lakers? What players does that team have that compares to the current Lakers?

Personalities more than anything. I always liked Glen Rice but some people thought he was pretty arrogant and Phil didn't like him too much. Rodman was Rodman...JR Reid was tough guy, dirty guy. Not so much their play but personalities. Way too much for Rambis to handle.

I think this team will be much more efficient and the so called "malcontents" will prove everyone wrong. Like I said I think this team will win 52 games and go to the WC finals.

That’s a solid argument, Still bugs me that the 99 Lakers couldn’t really get it together as a team, perhaps this team is the better version of that team.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:39 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
King Randle wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
King Randle wrote:

Rodman
Rice
Shaq
Kobe
Fish
Horry
Fox
Reid
Rooks

That’s a solid argument, Still bugs me that the 99 Lakers couldn’t really get it together as a team, perhaps this team is the better version of that team.

Me too IG....I'll never forget they had a horrible loss in Houston and Jerry West wrote the team a letter saying "they were on the brink of throwing the season away." They turned it around for awhile but never got over the hump.

Call me delusional but I'm so amped up and optimistic about this team...I see us getting to the WC finals.....I'm an old dude and I still got me Laker LeBron gear and sporting it.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:44 pm    Post subject:

Nice to see a fan supporting LeBron I need a LeBron gear to.
lakersibleed
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:34 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
trablos wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
The 2008 Lakers pre-Pau.

Can't believe I hadn't thought of that...I can see it. We were led by a superstar with an improving supporting cast (Bynum, Odom, Farmar, Ariza) and were one critical piece away from legit contenders.

Yup. The key is 1 superstar and then some young pieces and patchwork role players.

How good would prime Pau be in the starting line up this year.....He would literally be the perfect center in this starting line-up!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: