**OFFICIAL** 2018 Fantasy Foootball Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Ok, was checking on one of my leagues, and I see Geronimo Allison as a FA on a 12-teamer. Problem is, I dont know who to drop. What would you guys do here?

My bench is: Leveon, Mixon, Michel, Alex Smith, Mike Williams

Really dont want to drop Mike Williams but maybe? I dunno.
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Ok, was checking on one of my leagues, and I see Geronimo Allison as a FA on a 12-teamer. Problem is, I dont know who to drop. What would you guys do here?

Drop Alex Smith (i've assumed he's not your starter). And when the bye week comes, just stream the 1 week.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 4:46 pm    Post subject:

HOF Rookie wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Drop Alex Smith (i've assumed he's not your starter). And when the bye week comes, just stream the 1 week.

Ok here is my full current roster. I don’t think I can pickup Allison because of jext week so you will see my dilemma.

QB: Wilson
RB: DJ
RB: Conner
WR: Mike Evans
WR:Golladay
TE: Burton
Flex: Gio Bernard
K: Fairbairn
DEF: Chicago Bears

BN: Leveon, Mixon, Michel, Alex Smith, Mike Williams

So, next week Burton and Bears D are on a bye. Wilson plays LAR, Smith plays NO.

I dont know what Im gonna do.
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:52 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Ok here is my full current roster. I don’t think I can pickup Allison because of jext week so you will see my dilemma.

QB: Wilson
RB: DJ
RB: Conner
WR: Mike Evans
WR:Golladay
TE: Burton
Flex: Gio Bernard
K: Fairbairn
DEF: Chicago Bears

BN: Leveon, Mixon, Michel, Alex Smith, Mike Williams

So, next week Burton and Bears D are on a bye. Wilson plays LAR, Smith plays NO.

I dont know what Im gonna do.

if you're going to pick up allison, play him as i think Cobb missed practice today. If you'er not going to play him, then I wouldn't sweat it.

For next week, you might be able to drop Gio if Mixon is back. I'd also drop your kicker to give you more time to figure out your lineup.

i also wouldn't be afraid to drop Burton. I think you can stream the TE position and get what you'er getting from Burton.

just pick up a random on sunday when things clear up.

if the Rams still don't have Talib and Peters, Russ might have a decent day.

In short, next week drop Burton, Kicker, and Williams if needed. I wouldn't be afraid to drop Smith either. I don't think you'll miss out on a Mahomes-like performance either way.

also, depending on what platform you're on (ESPN/Yahoo), you there might be additional flexibility
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:48 pm    Post subject:

^
I would not drop Mike Williams. I like Allison this week, but you don't even need him this week in your lineup, it appears. Still, he's a nice add if you can find room for him.

I can get behind dropping Alex Smith, presuming that your league has more than a handful of starting QB's available each week. Otherwise, perhaps that's a different story. I'd probably start Wilson over Smith next week, given that Russ usually plays very well at home and given that the Rams are without Talib and are a little banged up on defense even other than Talib at the moment. I had a decision to make this week in a 2-QB league where I had Rodgers, Stafford, and Smith, and I saw that Dalton was available; I dropped Smith for Dalton and plan to play Dalton this week over Stafford, and Dalton has good matchups during Week 6-Week 7, which are Rodgers and Stafford's bye weeks. (Heck, Dalton could outproduce Stafford this season, but I digress.)

Whether or not I would drop Burton depends on how deep your league is at TE. I'm in a league where I have Burton and OJ Howard and the best TE's on the wire are guys like Austin Hooper and Dallas Goedert and any Ravens TE, etc. Burton is still likely to play so many snaps that he may not have the ability to drop him.

I agree about the idea of dropping Fairbairn, if necessary, to figure out your roster for a while, and then you can drop the player you feel you have to later in the week and pick up another kicker. You can pick up a kicker in Fairbairn's range, I'm assuming.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:01 pm    Post subject:

Thanks guys, I ended up dropping Smith for Allison.

If he stinks it up, he’ll be one drop player. If not, I may trade Leveon Bell if I can in a 2 for 1 deal to free up a roster spot. That’s my plan anyway.

Haven’t decided who I will play at WR2 yet between Golladay, Williams, and Allison. I may play Allison if Cobb is out and with Tre’Davious White likely on Davante Adams.

Main reason I made the move is because it potentially gives me depth to move Leveon Bell in a 2 for 1 type deal. That will free up a roster spot for week 5 as well.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:08 am    Post subject:

What are yall doing with James Conner? Hold or Sell? I am thinking about trading him for Dalvin Cook (Conner + Golladay for Cook + Hilton) because I am worried about Bell's return (unlikely as it may seem right now) and subsequent FF playoff impact to Conner, and the Bell owner won't deal since he's in my division.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:13 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
What are yall doing with James Conner? Hold or Sell? I am thinking about trading him for Dalvin Cook (Conner + Golladay for Cook + Hilton) because I am worried about Bell's return (unlikely as it may seem right now) and subsequent FF playoff impact to Conner, and the Bell owner won't deal since he's in my division.

Leveon Bell is not going to return to the Steelers IMO. It's more likely he'll be traded.

I think if you make that move, that would be a poor move. I'm concerned about Cook's health.

If you must move Conner, get a better return because Golladay and Hilton just might be a wash or close to it.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:20 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Leveon Bell is not going to return to the Steelers IMO. It's more likely he'll be traded.

I think if you make that move, that would be a poor move. I'm concerned about Cook's health.

If you must move Conner, get a better return because Golladay and Hilton just might be a wash or close to it.
I agree. I like Conner a lot and if i was trading him, i would do a one for one swap. This is assuming you have depth at RB. If you do, i'd look at who has a lot of WR depth + bad rb depth and trade for someone like Odel Julio or Deandre. I personally love Conner and think ringfinger is right, Bell isn't coming back. I wont be trading him unless i get top 5 rb or wr back.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:38 am    Post subject:

What about Conner for Mixon (sending him to the Bell owner in my division)? Lewis is my next best RB (after Gurley), and I'm afraid to lose Conner in FF playoffs.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:46 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
What about Conner for Mixon (sending him to the Bell owner in my division)? Lewis is my next best RB (after Gurley), and I'm afraid to lose Conner in FF playoffs.

I wouldn't worry about the playoffs yet. But that's just me. I think Conner for Mixon is fair, although, I might want to see how he returns from that knee surgery. My understanding is that it was minor, and they just needed to get in there and clean up some loose pieces that were floating around or something so it's not like he had to get something repaired.

I'm a huge Mixon believer this year but to me, that feels like at best, a straight swap if he's fully healthy. And who knows if the Bengals will reduce Mixon's workload and work in Gio a little more.

Conner is the #1 RB on one of the most potent offenses in the NFL, has virtually zero competition at his position, is the clear goal-line back, is an every down back (can pass catch) ... I just don't think you should move him.

If your fear is that Bell returns late in the season, which is a possibility albeit a small one, fear not. Bell isn't even practicing or working out, he's partying. It's going to take him weeks to get back into game shape. Frankly, I traded for Bell two weeks ago and now I'll be looking to move him because I can't afford to have dead weight on my short bench league where I have him.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:51 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

I wouldn't worry about the playoffs yet. But that's just me. I think Conner for Mixon is fair, although, I might want to see how he returns from that knee surgery. My understanding is that it was minor, and they just needed to get in there and clean up some loose pieces that were floating around or something so it's not like he had to get something repaired.

I'm a huge Mixon believer this year but to me, that feels like at best, a straight swap if he's fully healthy. And who knows if the Bengals will reduce Mixon's workload and work in Gio a little more.

Conner is the #1 RB on one of the most potent offenses in the NFL, has virtually zero competition at his position, is the clear goal-line back, is an every down back (can pass catch) ... I just don't think you should move him.

If your fear is that Bell returns late in the season, which is a possibility albeit a small one, fear not. Bell isn't even practicing or working out, he's partying. It's going to take him weeks to get back into game shape. Frankly, I traded for Bell two weeks ago and now I'll be looking to move him because I can't afford to have dead weight on my short bench league where I have him.

Appreciate the advice man! I'll probably hold because I want the Bell owner to trade him to me for a WR. He is starting Sammy Watkins, Corey Davis, and Josh Gordon right now. Also, Ronald Jones making his NFL regular season debut this week!
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:54 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Appreciate the advice man! I'll probably hold because I want the Bell owner to trade him to me for a WR. He is starting Sammy Watkins, Corey Davis, and Josh Gordon right now. Also, Ronald Jones making his NFL regular season debut this week!

No problem! I love talking fantasy. Haha.

If you are really concerned about Bell, and you believe he may return, why not trade for him? Every week, Bell's value drops more and more, and when the reality of bye weeks start to hit him, he'll feel even more pressure to move Bell.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 6:58 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

If you are really concerned about Bell, and you believe he may return, why not trade for him? Every week, Bell's value drops more and more, and when the reality of bye weeks start to hit him, he'll feel even more pressure to move Bell.

I've tried multiple times. Even offered Gurley in a package for Mixon + Bell, but the guy is asking for Mike Evans I'm worried the Steelers trade Bell soon, making his value skyrocket (compared to not playing at all), so the owners may not be interested in moving Bell at that point.

Although, at that point, Conner would be a ROS RB1, so I guess I shouldn't worry about that possibility.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:10 am    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

I've tried multiple times. Even offered Gurley in a package for Mixon + Bell, but the guy is asking for Mike Evans I'm worried the Steelers trade Bell soon, making his value skyrocket (compared to not playing at all), so the owners may not be interested in moving Bell at that point.

Although, at that point, Conner would be a ROS RB1, so I guess I shouldn't worry about that possibility.

Well, that's what I'm saying. In your first post, you were worried about Bell returning, but in the most recent one, you were worried about him being traded.

Let your leaguemate suffer through the bye weeks -- over time, he'll be forced to make some difficult decisions. Stay the course! =)
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:07 am    Post subject:

Alright Cobb is out, and now I have some decisions to make...

Mike Evans, Golladay, Allison, and Mike Williams.

Pick two!

I think I’m going Evans and Allison.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:24 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

Pick two!

I think I would lean Evans & Golladay.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:28 am    Post subject:

any thoughts.....

Pick one @ RB....

Kerryon Johnson or Matt Breida?

Pick one @ Flex...

the loser above (Johnson/Breida), Antonio Callaway, or Chris Godwin?

I have eliminated Ted Ginn, Marquise Goodwin and Petyon Barber from consideration from above options.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:33 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Pick two!

I think I would lean Evans & Golladay.

I'd go Evans Golladay too. I'm starting both this week in my main league.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:18 am    Post subject:

Thanks guys. I went with Allison. Hope that decision doesn’t come back to haunt me!

Main reason? Dallas plays slow and have only allowed 1 receiving TD prior to this game. I want (and need) the upside.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:24 pm    Post subject:

What a shame Allison left in the 3rd with a concussion although the game script wasn’t really in his favor to do a lot more.
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:33 pm    Post subject:

alright, it's time to make a move.

i've somehow managed to get to 2-2 despite not having any WR worth anything. Coupled with Gronk giving me close to nothing, I'm in bad shape.

I'm thinking of trading one of my running backs (Howard) for a guy like Tate.

Breida would be my RB2 at that point.

I'd then look to trade gronk for another WR. Not sure who I can get, but i'll maybe someone would give up JuJu for him.

My team is as such:

Zeke, Howard, Breida, Gronk, Matt Ryan.I'd be happy to trade anyone but zeke at this point.

even though i'm 2-2, i'll get blasted out of the playoffs if I were to make it there
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 5:48 am    Post subject:

HOF Rookie wrote:

i've somehow managed to get to 2-2 despite not having any WR worth anything. Coupled with Gronk giving me close to nothing, I'm in bad shape.

I'd then look to trade gronk for another WR. Not sure who I can get, but i'll maybe someone would give up JuJu for him.

My team is as such:

Zeke, Howard, Breida, Gronk, Matt Ryan.I'd be happy to trade anyone but zeke at this point.

even though i'm 2-2, i'll get blasted out of the playoffs if I were to make it there
The trouble is, Jordan Howard hasn't done much so you will not get equal value back. You're in a tough spot. You can try the waivers and see if you can find a guy that'll hold you down for a bit until Jordan does good so you can get more out of him.

Taylor Gabriel
Chester Rogers - TY Hilton will probably miss a game
Dede Westbrook
Keke Coutee - If Will Fuller misses any time..
Taywan Taylor

I know some of these guys are reaches but you can always find some gems. It's just going to be tough to move Howard with the way he's been playing. Unless someone is a bears/howard fan and wants to take a chance on him and they have solid wr depth. Good luck!
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:09 am    Post subject:

^
I would also check and see if Keelan Cole was somehow dropped. They play KC next week and he could be due for a blowup game.
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:10 am    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:

My team is as such:

The trouble is, Jordan Howard hasn't done much so you will not get equal value back. You're in a tough spot. You can try the waivers and see if you can find a guy that'll hold you down for a bit until Jordan does good so you can get more out of him.

Taylor Gabriel
Chester Rogers - TY Hilton will probably miss a game
Dede Westbrook
Keke Coutee - If Will Fuller misses any time..
Taywan Taylor

I know some of these guys are reaches but you can always find some gems. It's just going to be tough to move Howard with the way he's been playing. Unless someone is a bears/howard fan and wants to take a chance on him and they have solid wr depth. Good luck!

Yeah, I’m going to scrape together some waiver wire guys and just hope for the best. It’s not a long term strategy and only the top 2 get paid so I need to swing for the fences here.

Or I hope hogan and gronk actually start producing.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 11 of 25
Jump to: