View previous topic :: View next topic  
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:47 pm    Post subject:

SoCaLjAy wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
SoCaLjAy wrote:
I'm in a PPR league and I have to decide between Chubb and Yeldon (Gurley is my #1). I'm still on the fence... Yeldon has performed well in PPR and is usually a guaranteed 10-20 points, but Chubb could blow up tomorrow with more carries. Tough choice...

Unless you're an underdog and need to swing for the fences, I'd agree that Yeldon is the safer choice in a PPR.

I'm the favorite in the game, and should fare well (we'll see). It is really tempting to play the new player with a shot at big numbers over the steady player who has been less than spectacular but good. You're right though and that is how I have my lineup set now.

Everyone wants to play the shiny new object but Yeldon has the backfield all to himself and so his role is clear.

Compounding the lack of clarity on chubbs role, is a game script that could involve a heavy dosage of DJJ.
LakerFan87
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:50 pm    Post subject:

This morning, my waiver claim for Le'Veon Bell went through. Yes, Le'Veon Bell.

The person who drafted him, for some unfathomable reason, decided to wait until a week or 2 before he is likely to come back and drop him.

And then beyond that, the 4 guys ahead of me on the waiver priority either fell asleep at the wheel or were smoking dope or something.

It all added up to me being able to add arguably the best RB in the game for the mere price of dumping a crappy bench warmer to create roster space. And this was extra huge for me because the 2 guys I were counting on to be my main RB's this year have sucked ass (LeSean McCoy & Kenyan Drake).
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:11 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
SoCaLjAy wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
SoCaLjAy wrote:
I'm in a PPR league and I have to decide between Chubb and Yeldon (Gurley is my #1). I'm still on the fence... Yeldon has performed well in PPR and is usually a guaranteed 10-20 points, but Chubb could blow up tomorrow with more carries. Tough choice...

Unless you're an underdog and need to swing for the fences, I'd agree that Yeldon is the safer choice in a PPR.

I'm the favorite in the game, and should fare well (we'll see). It is really tempting to play the new player with a shot at big numbers over the steady player who has been less than spectacular but good. You're right though and that is how I have my lineup set now.

Everyone wants to play the shiny new object but Yeldon has the backfield all to himself and so his role is clear.

Compounding the lack of clarity on chubbs role, is a game script that could involve a heavy dosage of DJJ.

It's still a really bad Tampa Bay D (I know they are much worse against the pass) and the game has one of the highest Over-Under totals of the week, so scoring chances should happen frequently in the game. Hyde was producing decently and Chubb is a lot better than Hyde. I do like Chubb tomorrow. But yes, Yeldon is the safer play, and, again, in PPR I think it's the clear call. In standard I actually think it's quite a bit closer.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 4:00 am    Post subject:

I don't see Yeldon as the safer play since Hyde might play this week. I am playing Chubb over guys like Jordan Howard this week.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:43 pm    Post subject:

Went 0-2 this week.

the league where I was 6-0, faced the Bronco's 32 point D. My Keenan Allen and Mixon combined for 16 points and my opponent had 80 points just between hunt & mahomes. so yea..he hung 171 on me.

the league where im 3-3, the guy didnt see Gordon's IA designation, so he had him starting and i STILL lost by 10. My DJ, Allen and Mixon combined for 25 points in that league. Fantasy football is so brutal. Lol he had one less player, and i still lost.

hope it was more favorable for you guys at least..
LakerFan87
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:14 pm    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
Went 0-2 this week.

the league where I was 6-0, faced the Bronco's 32 point D. My Keenan Allen and Mixon combined for 16 points and my opponent had 80 points just between hunt & mahomes. so yea..he hung 171 on me.

the league where im 3-3, the guy didnt see Gordon's IA designation, so he had him starting and i STILL lost by 10. My DJ, Allen and Mixon combined for 25 points in that league. Fantasy football is so brutal. Lol he had one less player, and i still lost.

hope it was more favorable for you guys at least..

I had a 6-0 team going into this week as well. I started Matt Breida and Sony Michel as my RBs. The both got injured really early in their respective games and combined for a grand total of 2 points. Even though this matchup isn't officially over yet, my undefeated streak effectively is done.

I also was 3-3 in my other league. And like in my other league, I made a huge blunder in choosing starting RBs. I opted to give LeSean McCoy one more chance to redeem himself as he has begun showing signs of life these last 2 weeks. I picked up Marlon Mack on waivers because RB has been a huge problem for me (I drafted McCoy and Kenyan Drake expecting them to be my primary backs and they have both been underwhelming. I also drafted Mark Ingram not realizing he was suspended for the first 4 games). Marlon Mack ended up getting 30 points and my opponent was projected to kick my ass. However, he ended up choking and I hung on by 3 points.

Overall, it was a good week for me as I got an unexpected win to get me over .500 and I was able to effectively solve my RB problem by picking up Mack and Le'Veon Bell (see my previous post) off waivers. And I still have Kenyan Drake and Mark Ingram who aren't terrible reserve options.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:45 pm    Post subject:

Got lucky this week streaming Denver Def and then having to throw in Lamar Miller in for Melvin Gordon. Hahahah
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:04 pm    Post subject:

I'm going to win easily in 2 leagues, and need to avoid 46 points (standard scoring) from Beckham, Ridley, and Coleman to win in my third league. This is the league where I ended up starting Breida and Chubb instead of Mack and Drake. Drake being on the bench I can live with, but I'm really upset with myself that I didn't start Mack. He was my #1 waiver claim in that league and I picked him up intending to start him, and my thought on that game was that Indy would be in control throughout, which was why I picked up the Indy D to start in both of my leagues that have defenses. After I swung the Breida trade and then with the news of Chubb being the new starter, I let it get in the way of my intentions. Shouldn't have started Breida, given that he wasn't 100%, and should have given him a wait-and-see week.

Now I'm in a rough spot with Breida next week, in a dream matchup against Arizona. I don't see how I can trust him, but he'll probably go off on my bench!
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:08 am    Post subject:

Was furious that I forgot to put in the Bronco defense, but luckily it shouldn't matter. Mahomes is hooking me up every single week. Kerryon Johnson coming along nicely too over the last couple.

Got Tevin Coleman & Julio playing tonight and I'm up 32. My opponent just has Ito Smith, so should be a W for me.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:22 pm    Post subject:

Hoping Evan Engram lays an egg tonight. I'm up by 11 points and he's my opponents only player left.
Huskers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:38 pm    Post subject:

I've got Carlos Hyde, wonder if he'll do anything in Jax in the next couple of weeks until Fournette comes back.
SoCaLjAy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:44 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
SoCaLjAy wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
SoCaLjAy wrote:

It's still a really bad Tampa Bay D (I know they are much worse against the pass) and the game has one of the highest Over-Under totals of the week, so scoring chances should happen frequently in the game. Hyde was producing decently and Chubb is a lot better than Hyde. I do like Chubb tomorrow. But yes, Yeldon is the safer play, and, again, in PPR I think it's the clear call. In standard I actually think it's quite a bit closer.

It turns out the difference between the two wasn't huge with Yeldon outscoring Chubb 17-14 in PPR. Either way, I think Chubb should do well moving forward. Hopefully he'll solidify my RB2 position. We'll see.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:08 pm    Post subject:

Huskers wrote:
I've got Carlos Hyde, wonder if he'll do anything in Jax in the next couple of weeks until Fournette comes back.

Don't drop Hyde. Fournette might go on IR soon, and Hyde might still get work when Fournette returns.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:21 pm    Post subject:

SoCaLjAy wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
SoCaLjAy wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
SoCaLjAy wrote:

It turns out the difference between the two wasn't huge with Yeldon outscoring Chubb 17-14 in PPR. Either way, I think Chubb should do well moving forward. Hopefully he'll solidify my RB2 position. We'll see.

I thought that Chubb looked good yesterday. Unfortunately, he may not add much for you in receiving value. He did run quite a few pass routes, but Mayfield doesn't even look to take the checkdown. Dude is a gunslinger. If Taylor were still the QB, he'd surely dump it off. Something to watch for; I wonder if Todd Haley will recognize on film how open Chubb was out of the backfield all day long. They did try to throw a screen to Chubb in OT, but the play was blown up and they had to just throw it into the ground.
SoCaLjAy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 6:33 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:

I thought that Chubb looked good yesterday. Unfortunately, he may not add much for you in receiving value. He did run quite a few pass routes, but Mayfield doesn't even look to take the checkdown. Dude is a gunslinger. If Taylor were still the QB, he'd surely dump it off. Something to watch for; I wonder if Todd Haley will recognize on film how open Chubb was out of the backfield all day long. They did try to throw a screen to Chubb in OT, but the play was blown up and they had to just throw it into the ground.

He had two balls thrown "his way" but neither was catchable. I have a feeling this won't change, but one can hope. If they do figure it out though, Chubb could be a huge impact player for the Browns which they desperately need to take the pressure off of Mayfield.
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:50 pm    Post subject:

I like Chubb the rest of the season, he'll be a solid RB 2.

Few questions post week 7:

1. I got offered David Johnson and Rivers for Mahomes. Would anyone take that deal? I am leaning no but would love some advice.

2. Anybody think Tevin Coleman might rediscover his magic of a few years ago and be a low-end RB1?

3. What game script for week 8 looks like a shootout to you? (I feel GB/Rams)

4. Is Mostert the back to own rather than Morris? I expect Breida to be out for a while or at best, keep challenging his injury and being limited.

5. Will either Doug Martin or Richards be able to be fantasy relevant in Oakland?

6. Does Amari Cooper suddenly vault back into the WR2 discussion with his trade to Dallas?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:38 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo'sBalls wrote:
I like Chubb the rest of the season, he'll be a solid RB 2.

Few questions post week 7:

1. I got offered David Johnson and Rivers for Mahomes. Would anyone take that deal? I am leaning no but would love some advice.

2. Anybody think Tevin Coleman might rediscover his magic of a few years ago and be a low-end RB1?

3. What game script for week 8 looks like a shootout to you? (I feel GB/Rams)

4. Is Mostert the back to own rather than Morris? I expect Breida to be out for a while or at best, keep challenging his injury and being limited.

5. Will either Doug Martin or Richards be able to be fantasy relevant in Oakland?

6. Does Amari Cooper suddenly vault back into the WR2 discussion with his trade to Dallas?

Here are my responses to those questions...

1. If you have decent RB's, I'd say it's not worth it to give up Mahomes. I like Rivers enough as a low-end QB1 type, but Mahomes is just such a high scorer that I don't think it's worth it, as DJ is clearly not an elite RB1 at this point, and most likely won't be all year.

2. I don't think so on Tevin. Ito Smith is sharing work, I don't think they view him as an every-down back, and their D is so bad that they will be in pass mode a lot. Now, he'll still get some receptions in those situations, but everything I said, coupled with their offensive line having some injuries, makes me view him more as an RB2 in PPR and more of an RB2/Flex in standard.

3. Rams/Packers should definitely have fireworks. The highest Over/Under totals on the Week 8 slate (besides the 57-point Rams game): KC/DEN (although KC is projected for 32 of the 55 points), TB/CIN 54, NO/MIN 52.5, CLE/PIT 51, and IND/OAK 50.

4. Morris is worthless, so if you want a SF back to play for this week, Mostert has to be the guy. Yeah, maybe Morris lucks his way into a goal line TD, but Mostert and Breida are the guys with the juice in that backfield, and it looks like Breida is going to get at least a week, if not two weeks, to rest that troublesome ankle injury. If you need a RB play for this week, I like Mostert's chances for a solid game.

5. I wouldn't really feel compelled to pick up Doug Martin. He's terrible, the Oakland offensive line isn't nearly as good as it was just two years ago, their team is awful, and that means negative game script almost every week. That does mean that I think Richard will be useful in PPR, however, and there's always the chance that he does get more carries if Martin is ineffective, which I expect, although Washington could mix in more for early-down carries as well.

6. I have no idea with Cooper, as the dude has been an enigma. It's really not a great throwing environment in Dallas, but he does have talent, and sometimes a change of scenery does a guy well. If you own him, I'd hold him and just see what happens. It's not like you can get anything of value for him. And if you are looking to trade for him, I mean, it's not really advisable to give up anything of note for him.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:16 am    Post subject:

Need some help guys.

You'd start Kerryon vs Sea over Chubb @ Pit, right? its half PPR. Do you think Kerryon got a hold of this backfield by now? even if Theo Riddick plays..

and in my other league...what's your feelings on DJ now that McCoy is gone? I need to start 3 of these RBs. Do you agree with my rankings? I like DJs matchup wit SF. Idk what happened to CMC's volume so I am leaning towards sitting him. And now Olsen is back too to take away pass targets.. Also not sure what to think of Mixon, but looks like a juicy matchup

Conner vs Cle
Mixon vs TB
DJ vs SF
CMC vs Bal
Chub @ Pit

Would you start Danny Amendola @ Hou over Geronimo Allison @ LA? Since Stills & Wilson are going to be out. Nothing else out there in waivers and my WR's are on bye
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:00 am    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
Need some help guys.

You'd start Kerryon vs Sea over Chubb @ Pit, right? its half PPR. Do you think Kerryon got a hold of this backfield by now? even if Theo Riddick plays..

and in my other league...what's your feelings on DJ now that McCoy is gone? I need to start 3 of these RBs. Do you agree with my rankings? I like DJs matchup wit SF. Idk what happened to CMC's volume so I am leaning towards sitting him. And now Olsen is back too to take away pass targets.. Also not sure what to think of Mixon, but looks like a juicy matchup

Conner vs Cle
Mixon vs TB
DJ vs SF
CMC vs Bal
Chub @ Pit

Would you start Danny Amendola @ Hou over Geronimo Allison @ LA? Since Stills & Wilson are going to be out. Nothing else out there in waivers and my WR's are on bye

-Kerryon over Chubb (supposed to rain in Pitts on Sunday too)
-Agreed that is the way to go, Baltimore's D can surprise too so yes I'd sit CMC
-Allison (and I in fact am) because I think its going to be a shoot out
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:44 am    Post subject:

Lonzo'sBalls wrote:
LakersChamps04 wrote:
Need some help guys.

Conner vs Cle
Mixon vs TB
DJ vs SF
CMC vs Bal
Chub @ Pit

-Kerryon over Chubb (supposed to rain in Pitts on Sunday too)
-Agreed that is the way to go, Baltimore's D can surprise too so yes I'd sit CMC
-Allison (and I in fact am) because I think its going to be a shoot out

I saw Will Fuller is available too. Thinking about getting him since Coutee is out. Allison has Adams and Cobb and Marquez Valdes to compete with too for targets. Not sure I can trust Brock with getting Amendola the ball even with almost all their wr's out
Lonzo'sBalls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:49 pm    Post subject:

Fuller v. Allison is a little tougher. I just don't buy Valdes competing with him for targets and to me there is going to be plenty of points to go around with Rodgers at the helm and 3 receivers. Furthering the point, I think Brock sucks and always have.

Usually if the decision is a toss up for me at WR, I go with whomever has the better QB
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Traded Conner for Diggs. Once I got Chubb (RB2 ROS imo too) to pair with Gurley, I felt like I needed to upgrade my WRs (Evans, Golladay, Ridley) before Conner's value almost vanishes. Conner will probably do well this week and possibly a couple more weeks (with a bad schedule ahead) before Bell returns. Bell has made it impossible for the Steelers to trade him, and I doubt they bench Bell for Conner. A 50% timeshare of Conner is worth less than Diggs to me with the playoffs in sight (7-0 currently and facing the last place team this week).
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 9:55 pm    Post subject:

I picked up Amendola in one of my PPR leagues and am starting him tomorrow. With all of their injuries, he's going to continue to get a ton of targets. He's a safer PPR play than Allison, who is still coming back from an injury, keep in mind. But I would rather start Fuller tomorrow over Amendola. Fuller has blown up this year when Coutee hasn't been able to play, as is the case tomorrow, and Hopkins is going to get some shadow coverage from Xavien Howard. Now, that doesn't mean Hopkins will be shut down, but I do think they will look at Fuller quite a bit.

As for worrying about Osweiler, he's always been more comfortable throwing the ball over the middle instead of outside the numbers, and Amendola works the slot over the middle. Osweiler has actually played competently over the past 2 weeks. And even if he plays badly tomorrow, I still think Amendola is going to get at least 10 targets tomorrow, most of them high-percentage chances. In PPR, he's a clear WR3 this week IMO. In standard, it's a completely different story.
LakersChamps04
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:47 am    Post subject:

^ all good points Stu. I was able to claim Fuller so I'm going to roll with him. Hopefully he catches a couple bombs and takes em to the house ha.

BadGuy got me thinking too about trading Conner for a WR. Once Bell comes Conner just might become useless. I got Keenan Allen & Mike Evans for my WR but I bet if I packaged one of them with Conner I could get a definite upgrade at WR. What sucks is trying to find a trade partner..hardly anyone trades..
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:15 am    Post subject:

LakersChamps04 wrote:
^ all good points Stu. I was able to claim Fuller so I'm going to roll with him. Hopefully he catches a couple bombs and takes em to the house ha.

BadGuy got me thinking too about trading Conner for a WR. Once Bell comes Conner just might become useless. I got Keenan Allen & Mike Evans for my WR but I bet if I packaged one of them with Conner I could get a definite upgrade at WR. What sucks is trying to find a trade partner..hardly anyone trades..

Most people are afraid of the uncertainty with Bell. Most in my league do not trade, but I got the guy (formerly second place) to make a deal twice this year. He still has Hopkins, Cooks (from me for Hyde earlier in the year), and Baldwin, so he does not mind losing Diggs for the gamble on Conner. Keenan and Mike Evans are a good pair, and I thought about trading Conner for Keenan too. I think Keenan has a much better 2nd half this year, especially with TDs.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 16 of 25
Jump to: