What SG should start next to Lebron (poll)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who should start at SG?
KCP
60%
 60%  [ 84 ]
Josh Hart
40%
 40%  [ 56 ]
Total Votes : 140

ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:12 am    Post subject:

KCP to start. And evaluate over time. He’s the vet.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:56 am    Post subject:

Who should it be? Hart imo.

Who will it be? KCP most likely.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:03 am    Post subject:

^Although Hart is more intelligent on the court, and the player I'd trust with a playoff win on the line.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:12 am    Post subject:

KCP will start this year, but by year's end, could see closer to a 50/50 split of the SG minutes.

2019 is the more interesting question as we will pursue KL, Butler, Klay, etc. If so, they will probably end up playing "SG."

Great problem to have BTW.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:21 am    Post subject:

watchME wrote:
My money is on ingram #Dont@Me

You broke
lonzobryant
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:31 am    Post subject:

KCP will start the entire season unless he's injured.
lakersibleed
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:47 am    Post subject:

I dont see it mattering to much who starts... i think who ever has it going on any given night will play the most minutes... they are pretty interchangeable and do a lot of the same kind of things on the floor... Everyone assumes KCP has not been working on his jumper this summer and trying to improve his game... He is still a very young player with a lot of upside too... I voted KCP... But I am a huge Hart fan.

Here is a really good question i have been thinking about.... If the Twolves are having a bad season by the trade deadline .... Would you trade Hart, KCP, and Deng for Jimmy Butler?
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:49 am    Post subject:

Considering the extents to which LeBron is a PF, a SF, a scoring guard, a lead guard, and a mini-center I'd say we're best served to eliminate position-specific labeling in this sort of isolated context (this poll.) Not sure it gets us very far without knowing who else is on court with LeBron and the to-be-named so-named SG.

LeBron's versatility and size makes such label distinctions far less important than with perhaps any other prior HoF-worthy Laker. One might ask instead which three players smaller than LeBron comprise the strongest overall lineup, all things considered (transition offense, half court offenses, half court defense, etc.)

Given the current roster and full health top to bottom, I see the most capable, versatile, and promising lineup over the season most likely to be:

Lebron
Kuzma
Ingram
Ball
Rondo

I don't see a guy here whose best use could easily be best labeled as shooting guard, not ironically.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:49 am    Post subject:

lakersibleed wrote:
I dont see it mattering to much who starts... i think who ever has it going on any given night will play the most minutes... they are pretty interchangeable and do a lot of the same kind of things on the floor... Everyone assumes KCP has not been working on his jumper this summer and trying to improve his game... He is still a very young player with a lot of upside too... I voted KCP... But I am a huge Hart fan.

Here is a really good question i have been thinking about.... If the Twolves are having a bad season by the trade deadline .... Would you trade Hart, KCP, and Deng for Jimmy Butler?

No. He would be a UFA and who knows if he stays. Don't want to lose Hart (and doubt they take Deng). KCP is a FA to be also and doubt he stays there.
lakersibleed
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:58 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
lakersibleed wrote:

No. He would be a UFA and who knows if he stays. Don't want to lose Hart (and doubt they take Deng). KCP is a FA to be also and doubt he stays there.

But you have a chance to convince Butler to sign next year from the inside... Plus you get rid of the Deng contract... maybe Tibbs has some use for Deng... Lakers put a lineup on the court like..

Ball/Rondo
Butler/Stephenson
BI/SVI
Bron/Kuzma/Beasley
Mcgee/Wagner
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:59 am    Post subject:

lakersibleed wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lakersibleed wrote:

But you have a chance to convince Butler to sign next year from the inside... Plus you get rid of the Deng contract... maybe Tibbs has some use for Deng... Lakers put a lineup on the court like..

Ball/Rondo
Butler/Stephenson
BI/SVI
Bron/Kuzma/Beasley
Mcgee/Wagner

I don't think it's realistic to shed Deng and get back Butler unless you're including one or both of Lonzo/BI, which we wouldn't/shouldn't do.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:26 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
lakersibleed wrote:

And KCP would have to approve the trade
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:30 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lakersibleed wrote:

Yup (per the CBA). Doubt he would do that.
2017 Summer League Champs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject:

I think the starting lineup could use the extra 3pt shooting and scoring that Hart should provide more than the bench. But I expect KCP to start.
lakersibleed
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
lakersibleed wrote:

Yup (per the CBA). Doubt he would do that.

If the Wolves are bad at Deadline tho... they might be looking to get anything for Butler... I think we have a more than average chance of resigning Butler if he is on our team.... I would hate to lose Hart but if it means that we get an allstar at the very same position that he plays then i think I would do it... KCP to me is not stuck on the Lakers... I think he is looking for a team that would be interested in giving him a long term contract... that might not be Minnesota but it would be an awesome audition for him... Im pretty confident he will not be a Laker pass this year anyway...Unless the plan is to give him one year contracts every year for whatever the Lakers can afford at the time....I dont mind keeping KCP in the trade and including another one year contract player that Minnesota might be interested in.... But out of all of the one year guys KCP probably has the most value...If Butler does not resign with the Lakers then you still have a ton of capspace...

I guess the ultimate question is do you think a player like Butler puts us in contention THIS year??
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:13 am    Post subject:

Again, you think the TWolves give up Butler AND take up Deng? That's unrealistic.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:23 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
watchME wrote:
My money is on ingram #Dont@Me

If Ingram is your SG who's your 4?

Kuzma or LeBron
lakersibleed
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:29 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Again, you think the TWolves give up Butler AND take up Deng? That's unrealistic.

If we include a FRP to spice that deal up... I think it would be a deal they would have to give some serious consideration to... If the summer hits, he walks for nothing right?... I mean Deng for another year and a half on there roster might not hurt them as much as Deng on our roster for another year and a half... It sets their timeline back a lil bit... but i think they need to look to do that anyway...Plus you get to young players with some serious UPSIDE!

So the question for me would be what other teams would be willing to offer them for Butler as a potential half year rental????....
New York would be out.... the only team I would imagine being interested is Boston.... But what would they be willing to give up?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:40 am    Post subject:

lakersibleed wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

If we include a FRP to spice that deal up... I think it would be a deal they would have to give some serious consideration to... If the summer hits, he walks for nothing right?... I mean Deng for another year and a half on there roster might not hurt them as much as Deng on our roster for another year and a half... It sets their timeline back a lil bit... but i think they need to look to do that anyway...Plus you get to young players with some serious UPSIDE!

So the question for me would be what other teams would be willing to offer them for Butler as a potential half year rental????....
New York would be out.... the only team I would imagine being interested is Boston.... But what would they be willing to give up?

Why would a team like the TWolves want to be encumbered for another full season of Deng? Really doubt they take that it. IMO it would take (if you're including Deng) a deal that has at least one of Lonzo/BI, which we shouldn't do.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:44 am    Post subject:

It should be Hart as well.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:02 am    Post subject:

lakurluv wrote:
This is a tough one, simply because Hart has played some great basketball over the summer, showing an improved 3-point shot as well as solid defense. There was actually times hart was defending bigs in the post!

I think the Nod would go to KCP naturally, but Luke said every spot except for LBJ's is up for grabs in the starting rotation.

Maybe these vets challenge the young guys to get better in practice and earn their spot, not just feel entitled to it!

Luke may say something but do another. Starting line-ups have politics involved like KCP starting all the games he did for Rich Paul last season.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:19 am    Post subject:

lakersibleed wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

The TWolves have to resign KAT, already gave waaay too much money to Wiggins and will undoubtedly attempt to keep Butler even if he plans to leave. So, no, there is literally ZERO chance that they take on Deng's contract just because we toss them our crappy FRP.

The only chance you have of getting them to take Deng is if you're trading for Wiggins and releasing them from that remaining contract - which they would likely do in a heartbeat, especially if they knew it meant keeping Butler.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:33 am    Post subject:

3baller wrote:
Josh Hart ideally. I don't think there's anything KCP can do that Josh can't and Josh is the slightly better rebounder, better slasher and more switchable on defense. But we all know KCP is starting. Seniority + Rich Paul + we're paying him 12M. Hart is not overwhelmingly better than KCP which gives the coaches little reason to start him over KCP.

This year was his chance to start but we had to re-sign KCP for Bron. When and if we get Butler or Kawhi or Klay next summer, he would have virtually no chance of starting on this team.
uh there isnt anything that josh can do that kcp hasnt already shown he can do versus actual nba talent for multiple seasons, even pre lakers. and i like what i'm seeing out of josh. but lets not get ahead of ourselves.

Josh is built sturdier. kcp is quicker/faster. kcp has a bit more shake to his handle. both play good defense, josh is stronger so he can guard much stronger guys. if kcp doesnt improve one bit(highly unlikely) and josh hart does improve. josh hart may have just caught up to where kcp already was. so that means at best case scenario for josh. he's now a stronger slightly slower version of kcp. which is basically a wash. and again, thats If kcp hasnt improved at all.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject:

Vancouver Fan wrote:
Klay Thompson would be perfect.

Exactly what came to my mind
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject:

What matters is who closes games at SG!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5
Jump to: