Anyone had a colonoscopy?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:21 pm    Post subject: Anyone had a colonoscopy?

Not looking forward to tomorrow. Having a colonoscopy done in the morning. It'll be my third.

First revealed 7 benign polyps. I had to go back in 7 years. Second I was polyp free. Ten year waiting period. I've since been doing the Home Colon Cancer Screening. Done 2, both clean.

Colonoscopy doesn't hurt, you go to sleep, wake up, no after effects. It's just so invasive. The killer is I asked my doctor to set up the procedure. Seems like it's been over 10 years, Better safe than sorry.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject:

I had one.....the worst part was the nurse. You know how you have to totally clean yourself out before hand? That whole process just kind of makes you feel bad/gross in a way. Arrived at the hospital the next morning feeling terrible wanting to get it over with....and they informed me that they would use an enema to do a final cleanse and flush everything out.....about that time, the nurse shows up who is going to do this procedure.....and it is "the" smoking hot girl from the gym. I never could really socialize with her after that day.....but I moved shortly after which resulted in a new gym anyway.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:52 pm    Post subject:

I had my first in 2014. They tried to put me to sleep, but my body treated the drugs like they were a baby dose and I was awake for the entire procedure. My Gastroenterologist was my girlfriends college roommate, so I knew her well. She'd gone hot springing with the gf and I a few times,so she'd already seen me naked, so that wasn't awkward. I rather enjoyed the show on the monitor as she fished her way to what I joked seemed like a journey to the center to the earth. Since you can't eat solid foods for the 24 hours prior,and the gawd awful Gotelyte fluid that cleans you outdid it's job remarkably well,the only thing I'd consumed were butterscotch hard candies and it left this creepy yellowish tint inside my intestines. I was joking with the doc and her assistant that it looked like a moonscape in there.

I had my second one just this past March. My GF got called into surgery the day of and she was supposed to be my ride home since the Hospital I had the procedure at now has a mandatory caretaker policy that somebody has to be with you upon release. I didn't feel like rescheduling, so I just told the doc to have at it without any drugs. Wasn't painful at all. I was even able to help out when she hit some tough to navigate turns in my intestines by moving my body for her. I had a grand ole time ribbing both the Doc and her assistant though out the procedure.

All-n-All, I'm not really bothered by colonoscopies. They were definitely less uncomfortable than the Endoscopy, where they come at you from the other end down your throat. Don't want to have to do one of those again. I earned new respect for girls giving benjies. My jaw and throat hurt for days...
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:02 pm    Post subject:

^^^not trying to be cynical or anything....but just reading this caused me pain. I recall only counting backwards from 10...making it to about 8.....then waking up in short term recovery about 30 minutes from being released. I definitely prefer my experience.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:17 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
^^^not trying to be cynical or anything....but just reading this caused me pain. I recall only counting backwards from 10...making it to about 8.....then waking up in short term recovery about 30 minutes from being released. I definitely prefer my experience.

It really is not painful at all. The only discomfort is a bit of pressure when the scope has to navigate sharp 180 degree bends. And there is a bit of a weird sensation when the scope is being removed as the doctors tend to pull it out rather rapidly and it takes a bit of time for the scope to travel all that distance. But again, that's not painful either. The scope is extremely thin. You can't even feel it entering you. It's not like the old days in the movies where the doc had to get a hand in there. The doc barely even has to look at your butt-hole.

The whole procedure is less intrusive than going to the dentist for a tooth extraction where the doc is then truly pulling, poking and prodding you in an extremely invasive manner. Heck, I was chatting with the assistant about her new puppy and cojoling about the pictures on her cellphone she was gushing over for about half of the procedure. That's how unbothered I was about what was being done. And watching the skill of the doc as she "lasso's" a suspect polyp is pretty interesting. Like watching an episode of Nova.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:44 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
I had my first in 2014. They tried to put me to sleep, but my body treated the drugs like they were a baby dose and I was awake for the entire procedure. My Gastroenterologist was my girlfriends college roommate, so I knew her well. She'd gone hot springing with the gf and I a few times,so she'd already seen me naked, so that wasn't awkward. I rather enjoyed the show on the monitor as she fished her way to what I joked seemed like a journey to the center to the earth. Since you can't eat solid foods for the 24 hours prior,and the gawd awful Gotelyte fluid that cleans you outdid it's job remarkably well,the only thing I'd consumed were butterscotch hard candies and it left this creepy yellowish tint inside my intestines. I was joking with the doc and her assistant that it looked like a moonscape in there.

I had my second one just this past March. My GF got called into surgery the day of and she was supposed to be my ride home since the Hospital I had the procedure at now has a mandatory caretaker policy that somebody has to be with you upon release. I didn't feel like rescheduling, so I just told the doc to have at it without any drugs. Wasn't painful at all. I was even able to help out when she hit some tough to navigate turns in my intestines by moving my body for her. I had a grand ole time ribbing both the Doc and her assistant though out the procedure.

All-n-All, I'm not really bothered by colonoscopies. They were definitely less uncomfortable than the Endoscopy, where they come at you from the other end down your throat. Don't want to have to do one of those again. I earned new respect for girls giving benjies. My jaw and throat hurt for days...

For my first procedure I opted to stay awake. I was amazed by the look of the colon. It was pink and clean looking. Unfortunately the person doing the navigation was unable to turn the u shape at the top of the colon. I had to go through the cleansing again. This time I was anesthetized. When I woke I asked doctor when he going to do the procedure. He chuckled and said it was over. I didn't even remember going to sleep. You breath into a mask, no pain, just sleep.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 1:51 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
where the doc had to get a hand in there

wow, that guy wasn't a doc

there's DRE (digital rectal exam)... digit... single finger
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:04 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Quote:
where the doc had to get a hand in there

wow, that guy wasn't a doc

there's DRE (digital rectal exam)... digit... single finger

😂

Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:37 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
I had one.....the worst part was the nurse. You know how you have to totally clean yourself out before hand? That whole process just kind of makes you feel bad/gross in a way. Arrived at the hospital the next morning feeling terrible wanting to get it over with....and they informed me that they would use an enema to do a final cleanse and flush everything out.....about that time, the nurse shows up who is going to do this procedure.....and it is "the" smoking hot girl from the gym. I never could really socialize with her after that day.....but I moved shortly after which resulted in a new gym anyway.

I had a similar situation. When I got my vasectomy, I had the hottest nurse assisting the doctor and I don't know about you, but with the pain from the procedure, I had some shrinkage. The indignity!
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:43 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

For my first procedure I opted to stay awake. I was amazed by the look of the colon. It was pink and clean looking. Unfortunately the person doing the navigation was unable to turn the u shape at the top of the colon. I had to go through the cleansing again. This time I was anesthetized. When I woke I asked doctor when he going to do the procedure. He chuckled and said it was over. I didn't even remember going to sleep. You breath into a mask, no pain, just sleep.

Different hospitals and clinics have different procedures for anesthesia. Some preference inhaled anesthesia, whereas others preference intravenous anesthesia. Since I've a high resistance to drugs (ie, it takes almost a elephants dose to knock me out) The gas route doesn't work well for me since the countdown from 10 just isn't going to get me to the preferred happy space. When I had my Angiogram in 2014, I warned the Anesthesiologist about my bodies reaction to drugs and they tried a stronger gas dose and were surprised that all it did was make me groggy, but wouldn't knock me out. Startled the Cardiologist when I blurted out "You need some help getting around my armpit?" He thought I was out cold and was surprised that not only was I wide awake, but could point out where the fiber optic probe was - they dialed up the intravenous pretty quick and all that did was make me a more groggy. I've always been that way, from the time of my fist operation as a kid at 10 years old.

And the "Cleanse" is definitely the worst part about a colonoscopy. 30 minutes after that first half gallon is just evil.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:48 pm    Post subject:

Aussiesuede wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Different hospitals and clinics have different procedures for anesthesia. Some preference inhaled anesthesia, whereas others preference intravenous anesthesia. Since I've a high resistance to drugs (ie, it takes almost a elephants dose to knock me out) The gas route doesn't work well for me since the countdown from 10 just isn't going to get me to the preferred happy space. When I had my Angiogram in 2014, I warned the Anesthesiologist about my bodies reaction to drugs and they tried a stronger gas dose and were surprised that all it did was make me groggy, but wouldn't knock me out. Startled the Cardiologist when I blurted out "You need some help getting around my armpit?" He thought I was out cold and was surprised that not only was I wide awake, but could point out where the fiber optic probe was - they dialed up the intravenous pretty quick and all that did was make me a more groggy. I've always been that way, from the time of my fist operation as a kid at 10 years old.

And the "Cleanse" is definitely the worst part about a colonoscopy. 30 minutes after that first half gallon is just evil.

I start the cleanse 6:30pm to 10:30pm, today. Not looking forward to it. Stocked up on Charmin Ultra Soft.

Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Me, upon seeing the OP of this thread: I am Jack's complete lack of surprise.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:35 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:

Jo needs to go into more detail about his pooping/wiping routine, I think. Tell us about it, Jo!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:44 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Cutheon wrote:

Jo needs to go into more detail about his pooping/wiping routine, I think. Tell us about it, Jo!

GTH NPZ LINK

Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject:

Pubic or anus?
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:34 pm    Post subject:

I knew if I dug to the bottom of the page I'd find gold.

Thread title did not disappoint.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:56 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Pubic or anus?

Haha. The "in what body region do you begin in your showering routine?" poll. I'm fairly certain I answered anus now that you remind me of it. You remember that poll, Jodeke? I wonder if it's locked.
dubaholic1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:06 pm    Post subject:

LG is so deep in the off season talkin' about butt stuff. Season cannot start fast enough.

I do wish you well, JoD. Hope everything is OK down South, young man.

Hang in there.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Pubic or anus?

Haha. The "in what body region do you begin in your showering routine?" poll. I'm fairly certain I answered anus now that you remind me of it. You remember that poll, Jodeke? I wonder if it's locked.

Yeah I remember. You and AH won't let me forget. LINK

Quote:
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:00 pm Post subject:
I couldn't pass up the opportunity to vote "PUBIC AND ANUS" no matter what. Might be the only time I'll ever get that chance.

I do arms/shoulders/pitz first, Joe. An intimate peek into my showering strategy.

Pubic and anus, man... Haha. SMH...

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
tlim
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:46 pm    Post subject:

Have had 3. I’m not even 50 yet.
3 endoscopies.

My dad is getting closer to 80. Doc and advise is that the procedure is too rough for folks that age.
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:57 pm    Post subject:

Haven’t had a colonoscopy, but I did get divorced, so...
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:19 am    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:

Did the settlement ream ya?

non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:45 am    Post subject:

dubaholic1 wrote:
LG is so deep in the off season talkin' about butt stuff. Season cannot start fast enough.

I do wish you well, JoD. Hope everything is OK down South, young man.

Hang in there.

True, same regards from me, Jo, pubic/anus aside. It's been said by many a man, kings and paupers alike, but getting older, you can't take anything for granted. I last heard that refrain just yesterday from Hyman Roth in Godfather II. He's tellin Michael he'd give $4 mill to pee without pain and Michael cuts to, "Who had Frank Pantangela killed?" Mike is a younger man, he can worry about hits while Hyman worries about kidney stones. Recall an epi of Kardassians bout 10 yrs ago where Bruce was having a colonoscopy and explaining it to his once-innocent gurlz. He did the "uh oh..." face once the liquid first took effect.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:17 am    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:

so without sedation
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:44 am    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:

I have went through 1 of each procedure.....divorce is like a 9-12 month long constant colonoscopy.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: