OFFICIAL: College Football 2018 Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 38, 39, 40  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 3:19 pm    Post subject:

I just watch Purdue Football to see how badly they blow it at the end they don't disappoint in that regard.

ND needs to blow out an opponent for once... but at least they win.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 4:56 pm    Post subject:

Basketball Fan wrote:
I just watch Purdue Football to see how badly they blow it at the end they don't disappoint in that regard.

I had to go look up the game to find out what happened. I feel your pain.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:53 pm    Post subject:

I have watched this kid every game in high school the last 3 years....he attended the local high school with my daughter....one of the best players in the country last season and committed to Miami. Had 2 TD's today in Miami's win including a 64 yarder! Remember the name, Lorenzo Lingard....I will not be surprised in a couple years if he is not another stud RB from the U in the NFL draft.

Lingard's 1st TD

Lingard 64 yard TD
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 5:59 pm    Post subject:

FSU was down 13-0 to Samford in the 1st Q!!! They have trimmed the lead to 16-14, but still.....the Willie Taggart disaster appears to continue....
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Kentucky is about to beat Florida for the 1st time in 32 years! It will be the 1st time they have won in the Swamp since 1979.

Guess Florida is not back either....
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:31 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Kentucky is about to beat Florida for the 1st time in 32 years! It will be the 1st time they have won in the Swamp since 1979.

Guess Florida is not back either....

Chip Kelly made the right decision avoiding that dumpster fire.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:32 pm    Post subject:

The Pac-12 South looks to be trash once again.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:

I am not sure what to make of Clay Helton. He has had some solid teams at USC, but they never seem as good as expected....based on the level of talent they recruit.

The ACC seams much weaker this season than last also. Take a look at Clemson's schedule....it is kind of embarrassing the rest of the way. They do not even play Miami or Va. Tech who look like the only other two decent teams in the conference.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:12 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
FSU was down 13-0 to Samford in the 1st Q!!! They have trimmed the lead to 16-14, but still.....the Willie Taggart disaster appears to continue....

Ricky Aguayo is turning into his older brother.....missed a 42 and 40 yard attempt this game....is 1 of 4 on the season!
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:34 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Ricky Aguayo is turning into his older brother.....missed a 42 and 40 yard attempt this game....is 1 of 4 on the season!

FSU got lucky....was up 29-26 with a little over 2 minutes left in game....and Samford was driving, but FSU got a pick 6 to go up 36-26. Taggarts play calling was questionable all night. May be a long year for FSU.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:42 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

I am not sure what to make of Clay Helton. He has had some solid teams at USC, but they never seem as good as expected....based on the level of talent they recruit.

The ACC seams much weaker this season than last also. Take a look at Clemson's schedule....it is kind of embarrassing the rest of the way. They do not even play Miami or Va. Tech who look like the only other two decent teams in the conference.

Helton seems like another SC placeholder coach. I don't know what he hangs his hat on. If Chip Kelly ever gets UCLA rolling, Helton will be done, but SC's recruiting and the weakness of the division will keep him afloat even if he underachieves relative to the program's talent.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:50 pm    Post subject:

USC played the 1st 3 quarters worse last week at home versus a team that wasn't even supposed to be in it. The Stanford result wasn't surprising. Not surprised by the growing pains since its hard to replace such a good QB in Sam Darnold.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:54 pm    Post subject:

USC is the only ranked team in the South division, and even then I think their ranking is much too generous. Wouldn't be surprised to see a team like Colorado or Utah take it since USC and UCLA both seem to have a down year.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:32 am    Post subject:

Week 3 Polls

Associated Press

Coaches Poll

ESPN Power Rankings

Want to ask the coaches how Michigan State who barely squeaked by Utah State in Week 1 @ Home, and lost to Arizona State in Week 2 are ranked ahead of Arizona State.

Michigan State is #14 in ESPN's famous/infamous FPI!
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject:

I stayed up late and watched the ASU-MSU game. ASU was surprisingly good, and MSU was disappointing. Edwards may get that team to overachieve this year, maybe 8-4 or so. MSU is in for a long season.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:47 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

That’s Mississippi Stare, not Michigan State.

Edit: Actually, Mississippi State is #13. I’m guessing that you were looking at last week’s rankings.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:57 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
adkindo wrote:

That’s Mississippi Stare, not Michigan State.

Edit: Actually, Mississippi State is #13. I’m guessing that you were looking at last week’s rankings.

looking at ESPN FPI

http://www.espn.com/college-football/statistics/teamratings

Quote:
12 Miss St, SEC
13 Wisconsin, Big Ten
14 Mich. St., Big Ten
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:01 pm    Post subject:

Gotcha. I was looking at the rankings.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:33 pm    Post subject:

Oklahoma star Rodney Anderson out for season with knee injury

Quote:
Oklahoma Sooners junior running back Rodney Anderson will miss the rest of the season with a knee injury, a huge blow to the fifth-ranked Sooners' College Football Playoff chances.

LINK

that is pretty bad news of Oklahoma....Anderson is a very good RB when healthy....just has never been able to stay healthy. The 1st game this season, he had 5 carries for 100 yards. He did not take over as the #1 back for Oklahoma last season until the 6th game, and rushed for over 1,100 yards including 201 yards in the college football playoff game. Against my Mountaineers last season, 13 carries for 118 yards and 4 TD's!
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Some of the better games scheduled for this upcoming week...

#14 WVU @ NC State
#12 LSU @ #7 Auburn
#17 Boise State @ #24 Oklahoma State
Houston @ Texas Tech
#1 Alabama @ Ole Miss
#4 Ohio State vs. #15 TCU @ AT&T Stadium in Arlington, TX
#22 USC @ Texas
#10 Washington @ Utah

Games on Hurricane Watch...

#14 WVU @ NC State
#18 UCF @ North Carolina
East Carolina @ #13 Virginia Tech
Georgia Southern @ #2 Clemson
Middle Tennessee @ #3 Georgia
Boston College @ Wake Forest
Ohio @ Virginia
Southern Mississippi @ Appalachian State
Old Dominion @ Charlotte
Marshall @ South Carolina
Campbell @ Coastal Carolina
Huskers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:02 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Nebraska can not hold onto the ball to save their lives....3 fumbles in first two drives, Colorado has recovered 2 of them. Missing that Akron game may be haunting them.

It did, it would have really helped getting some of those first game jitters out of the system, hopefully that is all it was. I think with a first game, Nebraska wins by 14+. More importantly, Nebraska fans are anxiously waiting to hear the injury to our QB. Anything major, this season is done. Back ups are a walk on SO and a walk on true FR. Not a good thing if Martinez is hurt for any extended time.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:13 am    Post subject:

Huskers wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Nebraska can not hold onto the ball to save their lives....3 fumbles in first two drives, Colorado has recovered 2 of them. Missing that Akron game may be haunting them.

It did, it would have really helped getting some of those first game jitters out of the system, hopefully that is all it was. I think with a first game, Nebraska wins by 14+. More importantly, Nebraska fans are anxiously waiting to hear the injury to our QB. Anything major, this season is done. Back ups are a walk on SO and a walk on true FR. Not a good thing if Martinez is hurt for any extended time.

fwiw, I did not think that personal foul or defenseless player call near the game was a great call.....it just looked bad the way their bodies kind of reacted, but the guy did not hit him hard, and his body flailed like that because he was trying to ease up
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:28 am    Post subject:

Hurricane Florence is likely going to really screw up college football this weekend far more than many previous storms. It is hitting in the heart of SEC and ACC territory....also crosses through the American, Conference USA and the Sunbelt. That is just the actual hurricane....tropical storm winds could extend into Tennessee, Kentucky. Virginia, West Virginia, Georgia and Maryland depending on what turns it makes over the next 72 hours.

West Virginia plays @ NC State and UCF plays @ UNC. They should just cancel those games, and UCF should play @ West Virginia.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:49 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
adkindo wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
2. U of H is in decline after losing so must coaching talent -- Art Briles, Kevin Sumlin, and Tom Herman.

think we can take this one off the list.

Yep. I wartched some of that game. U of H came out really fired up. They seem to have a home game like that every year. I think it was Louisville last year and UCLA a year or two ago. I guess Rice should schedule more Pac 12 teams.

forgot to mention....I noticed Rice went to Hawaii and played them competitively...and Hawaii is solid this season. It appears Rice is an improved squad at a minimum.
Huskers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:55 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Huskers wrote:
adkindo wrote:

fwiw, I did not think that personal foul or defenseless player call near the game was a great call.....it just looked bad the way their bodies kind of reacted, but the guy did not hit him hard, and his body flailed like that because he was trying to ease up

Clearly as a Husker fan, I thought it was BS live. Watching the replay later, i can understand the call. And one call never decides a game, those early turnovers where just as critical as that late questionable penalty. And I'm actually more upset about the interception with 5 minutes left, and how quickly they were snapping the ball late in the game. Poor clock management at the end of the game gave Colorado plenty of time for that last TD. Bright side, I was really happy with what I saw overall, and the intensity from this team is much improved. Very happy, pending the injury announcement, with what is going on in Lincoln.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
Page 4 of 40
Jump to: