Over/Under - Kobe's All-Star Points

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nesli
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Over/Under - Kobe's All-Star Points

from lakers blog:
Quote:
Over/Under - Kobe's All-Star Points
The big story of today's All-Star game: Can Kobe Bryant, having fallen short of The Stilt's triple digits, leave Chamberlain's All-Star topping 42 in the dust? Interesting how before Kobe became Mr. 81, the media would speculate as to how he'd callously take the game over. Now it's like they're subliminally encouraging him to do it (so they can bash him afterwards, more than likely). As William Shatner's Capt. Buck Murdock said so eloquently in Airplane II, "Irony can be pretty ironic sometimes." Anyway, it's time to play armchair Nostradamus. What's Kobe gonna get?

Personally, I don't see him going goony bird with the points (Not that I even think he's sitting around before the game plotting his attack, but there are certain factors one can consider). For starters, he's playing with a bunch of other dudes who can put the biscuit in the basket, so everyone will want a chance (and after carrying the load for 52 games, he might relish some running mates who can score). Second, the Little General is manning the West's white board, and he's just no-nonsense enough to sit anyone he thinks is trying to dominate even this loose a contest. Third, if Johnson does let his hair down and allow someone to hoard the Spaulding, it's gonna be his boy Dirk. But fourth, and most importantly, I think Kobe's getting a little sick of the "What's Kobe gonna score on any given day" talk. Maybe it's just me, but that's the vibe I'm getting. Putting up 55 or some insane number would certainly encourage such babble. So why stoke the fire, especially in a game with zero actual significance? Therefore, I'm going with a sensible 26. Good enough to make memorable dent. Not enough to come off hoggy.

So 26 is my magic number. You going over or under?

AK

kobe is going to be the assist leader
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:27 pm    Post subject:

I think Kobe is going to try to assist on everything and also he will play tremendous defense.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject:

I would say around 20 points.

He ussually plays a ton of guard when he's at the ASG. By that I mean he looks to run the offense a bit and find others.

Noone wants to be the guy that plays selfishly at an ASG. Even Iverson has games where he's scoring less and his assists are quite high.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
B_Rabbit1212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject:

22 points.

but the over under assists: 7. I just over with 8.
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject:

id say over 1 point and under 100 points.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject:

Kobe will go 10,10,10,10, and 10. Points, Assists, Rebounds, Steals, and Blocks all in ten minutes of play.
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 2:37 pm    Post subject:

Sage_10 wrote:
I think Kobe is going to try to assist on everything and also he will play tremendous defense.

What happens when you hold your breath under water until your lungs are
ready to explode? When you come up for air...

...you gasp and claw and inhale like it's going outta style, right?

Well, despite passing to them more than he's given credit for, Kobe's had
nobody worth passing to allllllllll season long...

...so to me, this is the air he's been waiting for.

I'm sure he'll put up his share of points, but I think he'll pass alot.

That said, he's not Steve Nash (in fact will be on the floor with him alot)
so I'm gonna say 18 points, 6 assists, 5 rebounds.
Tarzan008
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Kobe will get 25 points,and 5 assists,leading the west to a 125 to 118 victory..............And get the All-star MVP trophy.....that'll look nice with the up-coming season MVP trophy.....
The Mike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject:

I'm looking for 20+ points, about a typical All Star game from him..... that being said the normal still applies that if he gets hot look out.
"Kobe Bryant is an absolute nightmare. You can hold your breath, send for help, sacrifice a chicken, it won't matter. Kobe Bryant is coming for you. He's got the ball and he's going to score...some way, some how."
Dancing Barry
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: