Source: Rashard Lewis, Carlos Boozer will be traded to the Lakers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject:

Ric Bucher said LO for francis was a smokescreen SF is probably headed to denver
THE GOODS
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject:

all of us on this board should stick to the saying "I'll believe it when I see it.." otherwise some people are going to be mightily disappointed if nothing happens...trust me I was hoping big time last season and no deal happened til the offseason...so just take all these rumors as grains of salt until any of them come to fruition...
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject:

Last edited by Fan0Bynum17 on Sat Sep 29, 2007 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject:

I'm not sure why the Lakers would want Flip Murray, but the original trade, bringing in Lewis and Boozer, I could live with.
Legacy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:30 pm    Post subject:

I could live with just Rashard Lewis. He is a scorer and a good defender. I just don't know how Phil would use him.
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:10 am    Post subject:

I think they were thinking of a Lewis for Odom trade. If that is so, Murray would be added to close the gap in salary. Lewis makes less than Odom.
Fan0Bynum17
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:38 am    Post subject:

lakeshow03 wrote:
i dont think the lakes trade odom,especially without either recieving a player of KG status or and initiator,this trade has neither

thank God you aren't gm, that high of an opinion of odom will get the lakers nowhere. odom isn't that good.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:52 am    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
Ric Bucher said LO for francis was a smokescreen SF is probably headed to denver

Bring in those pony riding bananas!!!

Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:07 am    Post subject:

kobesNBA wrote:
I could live with just Rashard Lewis. He is a scorer and a good defender. I just don't know how Phil would use him.

They'd play off each other similar to the way Kobe and T-Mac played together in the All-Star game, except Kobe would be more aggressive offensively. Kobe would play more facilitator, and set up Rashard for a lot of easy baskets. Who would teams double team? Either one of them can score like crazy. I think it would be both effective and entertaining to watch. Kobe and Rashard would be one hell of a duo.
Thugnomoe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:34 am    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
bounty wrote:

Bring in those pony riding bananas!!!

HAHAHAHAHA..I have no idea what those mean..but this is funny...
AussieLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:23 am    Post subject:

More often than not. it's the trades you NEVER hear about that go through...

Why is that?

Because teams leak FAKE reports, known as "smokescreens" in order to hide other moves. Sometimes they use these smoke screens to hide there moves from other teams, sometimes to keep the media off there backs...

So if someone that you've never seen post here before and has no credability what-so-ever comes out and says "KG to Lakers", "T-Mac to Lakers", Boozer and Shard to Lakers"

It's either BS to begin with OR smoke...

I have heard so many rumours this past week, I don't know what to do... But, I just wish people would really think about them and think why another team would send us those players and what is in it for them, why they may be on the block, etc, etc.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
angel
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:58 am    Post subject:

I like Duncan to the Lakers too.
AussieLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:08 am    Post subject:

angel wrote:
I like Duncan to the Lakers too.

Oh yeah, we could send Lamar to Orldano, Stevie to Houston, T-Mac to the Spurs and We can get Timmy... My best friends sisters hairdresser said that her boyfriend heard it from a guy who's friend knows an agent in the NBA... They said it's official and they're just going to work out fillers later to make the money work...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
4 Pointer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:19 am    Post subject:

um, wtf?
Neza
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:18 am    Post subject:

Just start putting NBA player's on incentive laced contracts for the (bleep)-ups...they'll learn not to commit bone head plays or be forced to eat top ramon soups like smush...as far as this trade ish goes...who cares...as long as we keep bynum and turiaf and bryant...we'll be fine in a few years.
iml84myd8s
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:44 am    Post subject:

Neza wrote:
Just start putting NBA player's on incentive laced contracts for the (bleep)-ups...they'll learn not to commit bone head plays or be forced to eat top ramon soups like smush...as far as this trade ish goes...who cares...as long as we keep bynum and turiaf and bryant...we'll be fine in a few years.

that's it? why not add wafer to your list of rookies? bynum and turiaf is all kobe needs? did phil jackson get your memo?!?!
Laker7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:09 am    Post subject:

Dr Buss rule number 1. Never pay a non-superstar superstar money. No matter what he brings to the team.

We can talk stats all you want but Boozer never was and never will be a superstar.

But he is making superstar money.

Boozer
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 7:56 am    Post subject:

So how pissed is everyone going to be Tuesday evening when we face the Blazers with this lineup

Kwame Brown
Brian Cook
Lamar Odom
Kobe Bryant
Smush Parker

????
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject:

Very pissed.
Just got to work and NOW my friend says LO may not be part of a package. They still say there is a trade but that where LO was involved him may not be now. Can Mitch make us that much better for any piece he can get NOT DEALING LO.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
Very pissed.
Just got to work and NOW my friend says LO may not be part of a package. They still say there is a trade but that where LO was involved him may not be now. Can Mitch make us that much better for any piece he can get NOT DEALING LO.

Odom can easily be dealt.

Infact, I hope he is.

The problem is that he Lakers want something really big for Odom and it's going to be hard to get that.

So I'm with you on this much. I hope LO gets traded this season. Because I know that if they made a trade like that - Phil giving up his SF LO mid-season - something huge is coming back in. I said the same thing a month ago.

I'm with you on LO getting traded, Bounty. Just not for the guys that you are willing to settle for (Francis, Marbury/Frye etc).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Mamba
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:11 am    Post subject:

For Dr. Buss fantasy is reality. Worthy with Magic and Jabbar; Shaq with Kobe... it all makes sense. Laker fans around here complaining and wanting trades right now are just being ignorant. Buss will get another superstar to play with Kobe. In Laker history when there has been one hall of famer, there has always been another one along his side. We arent going to get Shard and Booze. We are getting a player like Kevin Garnett. Jerry wants the best team that he can get and nothing will stop him from doing so. Although the Lakers should have gotten Dwayne Wade 2 years ago or maybe Dirk in the Shaq trade, Laker fans need to remember that although KupKake is a dumbass, the people around him are not. Lakers will be back on top within the next few years. Lets just put this question out there.... Would you rather have Rashard and Booze now, or get a player like Chris Bosh or KG in about a year???
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:14 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
bounty wrote:
Very pissed.

Onfact, I hope he is.

The problem is that he Lakers want something really big for Odom and it's going to be hard to get that.

So I'm with you on this much. I hope LO gets traded this season. Because I know that if they made a trade like that - Phil giving up his SF LO mid-season - something huge is coming back in. I said the same thing a month ago.

I'm with you on LO getting traded, Bounty. Just not for the guys that you are willing to settle for (Francis, Marbury/Frye etc)

WP- I have made it clear Francis is not my first choice and have always said another needed to involved. marbury never came off my fingertips. Frye with the right circumstances yes. HOWEVER LO IMO is not getting the type of player people think UNLESS it is someones salary dump or headcase
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:14 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Although the Lakers should have gotten Dwayne Wade 2 years ago or maybe Dirk in the Shaq trade

Yeah, and then Cuban would have re-signed Nash and the Mavs are instant contenders who would be beating the Lakers in the PO's every year for the next 2-3 years.

Wade wasn't tradable. They valued him like we do Bynum - probably more - and if they were going to part with him it would have dragged on for while.

With Kobe's impending FA decision, that's a luxury the Lakers could not TAKE.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:16 am    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
bounty wrote:
Very pissed.

Onfact, I hope he is.

I'm with you on LO getting traded, Bounty. Just not for the guys that you are willing to settle for (Francis, Marbury/Frye etc)

WP- I have made it clear Francis is not my first choice and have always said another needed to involved. marbury never came off my fingertips. Frye with the right circumstances yes. HOWEVER LO IMO is not getting the type of player people think UNLESS it is someones salary dump or headcase

You may be right. That might be where his value is.

But I don't see the Lakers trading him for that kind of package.

All-Star/Superstar IMO or No LO trade. Especially this season.

Let's see what happens.
Mamba
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:22 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:
Although the Lakers should have gotten Dwayne Wade 2 years ago or maybe Dirk in the Shaq trade

Cuban would have re-signed Nash and the Mavs are instant contenders who would be beating the Lakers in the PO's every year for the next 2-3 years.

How would the Lakers with Dirk Nowitzki and Kobe Bryant lose to a Mavs team that had only Steve Nash? There wouldnt be another superstar on Dallas besides him. Heres some simple math--- Kobe+Dirk> Steve Nash
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8
Jump to: