Source: Rashard Lewis, Carlos Boozer will be traded to the Lakers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
datniggbstyle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject:

Hydro21 wrote:
bynum,boozer,lewis,kobe is intresting lineup in the future. we still need a pg

Mike James for the full MLE exception anyone. Shooters around Kobe, Scorers around kobe, something management has yet to figure out. he would average 7 or 8 assists with Lewis, James and Boozer.
Hydro21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject:

u know what we gave kwame a shot.. why cant we give boozer one he has proven way more than kwame
Ank
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Lewis I can half see - Though he has been there for the Lakers taking for a while now BUT Boozer?

Nope. Not in his current just got back from injury state. He has to play out the season and show health and the form he was in BEFORE the injury, in order to really have someone trade for him.

Maybe we should take a risk when his value is low. I wouldn't give up Mihm for him, but Kwame + Sasha + Mckie. In a heartbeat. We should take advantage of the cheap opprtunities available to us. We both know though, there are bigger guns that may fire in the next few days.
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject:

Hydro21 wrote:
u know what we gave kwame a shot.. why cant we give boozer one he has proven way more than kwame

Haters...

No seriously...it's his contract and people haven't forgiven him for leaving CLE...they think he's a "bad person" because he broke a "gentleman's" promise...

Not that the NBA is about money or anything...people love to have someone to hate...

Boozer is this year's Kobe...
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:01 pm    Post subject:

honestly id rather have these 2 moves than the KG deal...but both sound like their full of crap.

yay for crap.
LakeShow06
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:02 pm    Post subject:

Hydro21 wrote:

i agree, we still need a veteran PG
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject:

If we could get Rlewis and Boozer w/out giving up Bynum, it is a no brainer. I am a huge Mihm guy but 2 guys of that quality is ridiculous
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject:

Ank wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Lewis I can half see - Though he has been there for the Lakers taking for a while now BUT Boozer?

Nope. Not in his current just got back from injury state. He has to play out the season and show health and the form he was in BEFORE the injury, in order to really have someone trade for him.

Maybe we should take a risk when his value is low. I wouldn't give up Mihm for him, but Kwame + Sasha + Mckie. In a heartbeat. We should take advantage of the cheap opprtunities available to us. We both know though, there are bigger guns that may fire in the next few days.

Kwame?

Mihm is a POOR post defender...Kwame is a blossoming post defender...

Why are you willing to trade our ONLY post defender??? you just want to keep Mihm that bad???

That's disturbing...a very disturbing trend indeed...
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject:

KobeButler wrote:
honestly id rather have these 2 moves than the KG deal...but both sound like their full of crap.

yay for crap.

Where would this site be without crap?
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
If we could get Rlewis and Boozer w/out giving up Bynum, it is a no brainer. I am a huge Mihm guy but 2 guys of that quality is ridiculous

yep...
lakeshow03
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:10 pm    Post subject:

doesnt lewis contract expire at the end of this year?
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject:

bounty wrote:

since when was boozer quality?
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

To tell you the truth, i can really see us going for Boozer. We did go after him last year. Im sure Utah could use Mihm. If not for him, just for the cap relief. They dont look like their any good with Boozer returning so they could feel they should scrap him. Boozers trade value is at an alltime low. good timing for itch to come in. Im a Mihm fan but Ive always wanted to get Boozer. Hes a consistent scorer and rebounder. He doesnt look too good right now but he should once he gets back to playing some more.

As for Rashard Lewis, thats just too good to be true, so I wont discuss that.

Even if we just get Boozer alone, itll be good for the team.
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

lakeshow03 wrote:
doesnt lewis contract expire at the end of this year?

it expires in 08 i think. He expressed hed like to take his player option in 07.
LakeShow06
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:16 pm    Post subject:

bounty wrote:

i also agree with this post, especially the Mihm thing as i am a huge Mihm fan too, but those two guys in the squad and fit and Kwame (for now) hopefully improving at C and we could do some things???
datniggbstyle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject:

Why are yall acting like Chris Mihm has ever gotten close to averaging 20 and 10 like Carlos Boozer has. Yes, he has been hurt but it has been less injury and more dislike of being in Utah that has kept boozer sidelined. He got his money and now wants to be out. Not the most loyal, but dude is a legit 4 in this league. We havent had one in about 20 years. Chris Mihm is a rental. Once his contract is up he is gone. Why yall acting like its anything different. Chris(rental) Devean(rental) and Slava(throw away) for a BONAFIDE 15 point and 10 rebound scorer. And yall dont want it. CRAZY.
LakeShow06
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:20 pm    Post subject:

and Yes, Utah does need an actual C.....let alone a quality C - they might like Mihm and why not he is doing well 11, 7, 1 and 1 aint bad?
Ank
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:
Ank wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:

Kwame?

Mihm is a POOR post defender...Kwame is a blossoming post defender...

Why are you willing to trade our ONLY post defender??? you just want to keep Mihm that bad???

That's disturbing...a very disturbing trend indeed...

I would never make that trade by itself, but it gives us the pieces to make other other moves. It leaves us all the parts to trade for watson and kmart. Upgrading talent is important.
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject:

KobeButler wrote:
To tell you the truth, i can really see us going for Boozer. We did go after him last year. Im sure Utah could use Mihm. If not for him, just for the cap relief. They dont look like their any good with Boozer returning so they could feel they should scrap him. Boozers trade value is at an alltime low. good timing for itch to come in. Im a Mihm fan but Ive always wanted to get Boozer. Hes a consistent scorer and rebounder. He doesnt look too good right now but he should once he gets back to playing some more.

What about the last 2 years of Boozers career makes you think he will ever get back to form? Any way you cut it, the man is severly overpaid and is an extremely undersized PF, plus the man hasn't been healthy in years. (probably due to the beatings he takes being an undersized PF)

No thanks to Boozer.
dirka dirka
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject:

datniggbstyle wrote:
Why are yall acting like Chris Mihm has ever gotten close to averaging 20 and 10 like Carlos Boozer has. Yes, he has been hurt but it has been less injury and more dislike of being in Utah that has kept boozer sidelined. He got his money and now wants to be out. Not the most loyal, but dude is a legit 4 in this league. We havent had one in about 20 years. Chris Mihm is a rental. Once his contract is up he is gone. Why yall acting like its anything different. Chris(rental) Devean(rental) and Slava(throw away) for a BONAFIDE 15 point and 10 rebound scorer. And yall dont want it. CRAZY.

yeah, we are crazy cuz we don't like players that have large contracts and have shown no ability to stay healthy...thats just what we need, an undersized PF that is taking up all of our cap room on the IR.
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject:

datniggbstyle wrote:
Hydro21 wrote:

Mike James for the full MLE exception anyone. Shooters around Kobe, Scorers around kobe, something management has yet to figure out. he would average 7 or 8 assists with Lewis, James and Boozer.

Why does everyone assume Toronto is going to let James walk?

They want to keep Bosh. Bosh said he wants them to resign James. Case closed. They'll overpay to keep James because it will keep Bosh happy.

We had a chance to sign James as a free-agent. I believe we signed Vlade instead. Yep. And then we could have drafted Duhon instead of Sasha and we'd have a point rotation of James/Duhon. But no need to dwell on that, right?

Anyway, I'd love James, but I honestly don't think Toronto lets him go. If we had capspace and wanted to overpay, sure, we might have a shot in a bidding war.

Oh yeah, you know James turns 31 this summer right? When was the last time the Lakers offered a full MLE to a 30+ year old guard?
WestCCa
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:25 pm    Post subject:

KobeButler wrote:

yay for crap.

I somewhat agree about preferring this over a KG trade. Kobe, Lewis, and a healthy Boozer? Talk about defensive nightmares for opposing teams.
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject:

dirka dirka wrote:
KobeButler wrote:

What about the last 2 years of Boozers career makes you think he will ever get back to form? Any way you cut it, the man is severly overpaid and is an extremely undersized PF, plus the man hasn't been healthy in years. (probably due to the beatings he takes being an undersized PF)

No thanks to Boozer.

Great way to exagerrate man. Years? 2 years? Hes only been out most of the end of last season and begininng of this season. Thats a little less than year to be exact. Is their a reason why I shouldnt think he cant go back to his regualr form?

I agree hes tad bit overpaid but if we can get a solid core to work with, itll be worth it. Kobe + Odom/ or Lewis + Boozer is solid.

Boozer is a consistent rebounder and scorer. Hes also a smart player who Phil would love.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject:

WestCCa wrote:
KobeButler wrote:

yay for crap.

I somewhat agree about preferring this over a KG trade. Kobe, Lewis, and a healthy Boozer? Talk about defensive nightmares for opposing teams.

For me that trade would hinge on Kwames ability. If he would just play more consistently and show he could be a monster on a regular basis then I wouldn't mind giving up Kwame. But w/ Kwame not developing as well as predicted I just don't like the idea of giving up Mihm. The Lakers need him.
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject:

dirka dirka wrote:
KobeButler wrote:

No thanks to Boozer.

dirka dirka wrote:
datniggbstyle wrote:

yeah, we are crazy cuz we don't like players that have large contracts and have shown no ability to stay healthy...thats just what we need, an undersized PF that is taking up all of our cap room on the IR.

Mr Common Sense,

Boozer wants LA...
If he plays up to his potential and doesn't force a trade, theere is NO WAY LA can make a bid for him...

Now, we get a chance to get a 17/9 guy for peanuts and you're complaining???

That's not smart...

You'd rather he came back and played GREAT and we don't have a chance in HELL to get him???

Just trust me. He's not really hurt. He can get back to at least his 17/9 form...and you will have gotten that for the bargain price of Mihm and expiring contracts...

That's common sense...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8
Jump to: