Source: Rashard Lewis, Carlos Boozer will be traded to the Lakers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:27 am    Post subject:

Mamba wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:
Although the Lakers should have gotten Dwayne Wade 2 years ago or maybe Dirk in the Shaq trade

Cuban would have re-signed Nash and the Mavs are instant contenders who would be beating the Lakers in the PO's every year for the next 2-3 years.

How would the Lakers with Dirk Nowitzki and Kobe Bryant lose to a Mavs team that had only Steve Nash? There wouldnt be another superstar on Dallas besides him. Heres some simple math--- Kobe+Dirk> Steve Nash

No, it would be

Shaq
Jamison
Howard
Daniels
Nash

^
That is an excellent team.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:32 am    Post subject:

Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
lakeshow03 wrote:
i dont think the lakes trade odom,especially without either recieving a player of KG status or and initiator,this trade has neither

thank God you aren't gm, that high of an opinion of odom will get the lakers nowhere. odom isn't that good.

But he is well respected around the league for his size and ability to get others involved. I'm thinking the same thing unless I'm getting KG, I'm not so sure I want to trade Odom.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
bounty wrote:
Very pissed.
Just got to work and NOW my friend says LO may not be part of a package. They still say there is a trade but that where LO was involved him may not be now. Can Mitch make us that much better for any piece he can get NOT DEALING LO.

Odom can easily be dealt.

Infact, I hope he is.

The problem is that he Lakers want something really big for Odom and it's going to be hard to get that.

So I'm with you on this much. I hope LO gets traded this season. Because I know that if they made a trade like that - Phil giving up his SF LO mid-season - something huge is coming back in. I said the same thing a month ago.

I'm with you on LO getting traded, Bounty. Just not for the guys that you are willing to settle for (Francis, Marbury/Frye etc).

Hey! What are you guys over here whispering about?

LO stays! Add a disgruntled star and we are in fatcity with LO! I"m telling you guys this dude can be trusted but, this whole team is going to need to click first or, no matter who you get the struggles will continue. Why do you think the Lakers haven't dumped him?
He is not completely to blame for this teams growing pains...
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:36 am    Post subject:

Sage_10 wrote:
Fan0Bynum17 wrote:
lakeshow03 wrote:
i dont think the lakes trade odom,especially without either recieving a player of KG status or and initiator,this trade has neither

thank God you aren't gm, that high of an opinion of odom will get the lakers nowhere. odom isn't that good.

But he is well respected around the league for his size and ability to get others involved. I'm thinking the same thing unless I'm getting KG, I'm not so sure I want to trade Odom.

How? Where is he respected? the only players so far mentioned in an LO deal have been the other teams headaches. We dont even know if he could have gotten artest. DWalsh apparently didnt want LO's $$$$$$. When has LO ever been attached to us getting a bona fide stud in return
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:38 am    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
bounty wrote:
Very pissed.
Just got to work and NOW my friend says LO may not be part of a package. They still say there is a trade but that where LO was involved him may not be now. Can Mitch make us that much better for any piece he can get NOT DEALING LO.

Odom can easily be dealt.

Infact, I hope he is.

The problem is that he Lakers want something really big for Odom and it's going to be hard to get that.

So I'm with you on this much. I hope LO gets traded this season. Because I know that if they made a trade like that - Phil giving up his SF LO mid-season - something huge is coming back in. I said the same thing a month ago.

I'm with you on LO getting traded, Bounty. Just not for the guys that you are willing to settle for (Francis, Marbury/Frye etc).

Hey! What are you guys over here whispering about?

LO stays! Add a disgruntled star and we are in fatcity with LO! I"m telling you guys this dude can be trusted but, this whole team is going to need to click first or, no matter who you get the struggles will continue. Why do you think the Lakers haven't dumped him?
He is not completely to blame for this teams growing pains...

I'm just talking about if LO got traded what would be needed in order for that to happen.

I think there's a small chance that happens, but overall I think it's much more realistic that they can get a couple of better players at other positions for last years and what not.

I agree with you on LO not being the problem with this team, always have.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Venti Quattro
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject:

bounty...I trust your sources that a trade will happen, but what are your thoughts on emplay saying that he thinks the Lakers will make no moves and Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Clublakers saying Mitch haters will have to bow down to him. How can there be a trade bow worthy if LO is not moving out? Thanks.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:47 am    Post subject:

LakerGreatNumber8 wrote:
bounty...I trust your sources that a trade will happen, but what are your thoughts on emplay saying that he thinks the Lakers will make no moves and Lakers Dynasty 2000 on Clublakers saying Mitch haters will have to bow down to him. How can there be a trade bow worthy if LO is not moving out? Thanks.

My guy for weeks has said LO is being shopped. He even came out a week b4 the new york article and said lakers were talking to them. he never said LO was being shopped to them. He too says there will be a trade however where he was sure LO was involved now hes not. He has guarenteed me something will happen however the scale of what is uncertain. Though a holiday he says today should be pretty active and he feels(his only) that we could here something today or first thing tomorrow. dont know about the other guys.
Venti Quattro
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 8:55 am    Post subject:

bounty wrote:
LakerGreatNumber8 wrote:

My guy for weeks has said LO is being shopped. He even came out a week b4 the new york article and said lakers were talking to them. he never said LO was being shopped to them. He too says there will be a trade however where he was sure LO was involved now hes not. He has guarenteed me something will happen however the scale of what is uncertain. Though a holiday he says today should be pretty active and he feels(his only) that we could here something today or first thing tomorrow. dont know about the other guys.

Thanks for the quick response...this is the one day off I want to speed through if that time table is possible.
PhunkyPhil
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject:

Tell your Janitor Friend "in the Lakers org" to pick up trash and be quiet.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:01 am    Post subject:

PhunkyPhil wrote:
Tell your Janitor Friend "in the Lakers org" to pick up trash and be quiet.

cool
PhunkyPhil
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:05 am    Post subject:

SERIOUSLY THOUGH SMACK ASIDE. iF THE bOOZE CAN RETURN TO FORM AND RASHARD PLAYS LIKE HE HAS BEEN I HOPE YOUR SOURCE IS LEGIT AND THIS TRADE HAPPENS.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: Source: Rashard Lewis, Carlos Boozer will be traded to the Lakers

Lakermission08 wrote:
Take this however way you want to, but I just got off the phone with a friend of mine who is in the Lakers organization. He said that a scenario that is being talked about is George/Slava/Mihm to Utah for Carlos Boozer. And in a separate trade, Lamar Odom would go to Seattle for Rahard Lewis. He told me that although publicly the Lakers are denying efforts to trade Odom, in reality they are upset with his underachievemnet and have been exploring trade options since mid January. Im not sure if this is going to happen but im just reporting what im hearing.

What capacity is this friend
PhunkyPhil
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:13 am    Post subject:

HE'S THE FRIEND THAT KNOWS A GUY WHO HEARD FROM A WAITRESS AT THE STAPLES CENTER THAT MITCHE'S SECRETARIES FRIEND HEARD ABOUT A POSSIBLE DEAL INVOLVING STAR PLAYERS AND KEY COMPONENTS ON OTHER TEAMS. DUH!!!
Money$hot!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject:

Laker7 wrote:
Dr Buss rule number 1. Never pay a non-superstar superstar money. No matter what he brings to the team.

We can talk stats all you want but Boozer never was and never will be a superstar.

But he is making superstar money.

Boozer

Well this genius idea seems to support trading Lamar for Boozer if we look at their career production and remaining contracts.

Career Stats
Carlos Boozer
Career 13.2ppg, 9.2 Rbg, 1.9 Apg, .62 Bpg, .84 Spg, 1.8 TOg, 30.7mpg
Lamar Odom
Career 15.8ppg, 8.4 Rbg, 4.5 Apg, 1.12 Bpg, .95 Spg, 3.05 TOg, 36.7mpg

Stats @ = Minutes
Now let's level the playing field and equal the minutes.
Carlos Boozer @ 36.7mpg
15.7ppg, 11.0 Rbg, 2.2 Apg, .73 Bpg, 1.02 Spg, 2.12 TOg,
vs
Lamar Odom
15.8ppg, 8.4 Rbg, 4.5 Apg, 1.12 Bpg, .95 Spg, 3.05 TOg,

Boozer is better at 37 minutes!

Salaries
Lamar Odom
'05/'06 -$11,465,500
'06/'07 -$12,489,000
'07/'08 -$13,524,000
'08/'09 -$14,559,000
Total to '08/'09 $52,037,500.00

Carlos Boozer
'05/'06 -$11,593,816
'06/'07 -$11,593,816
'07/'08 -$11,593,816
'08/'09 -$11,593,817
'09/'10 -$12,657,233 (Player Optional)
Total to '08/'09 $46,375,264.00
Total to '09/'10 $59,032,497.00 (inc optional season)

So who's the non-superstar getting superstar money? All things being equal, Odom gives an assist or two more while Boozer give 3 more boards. So if I'm Buss, I look at a need. Right now the Lakers NEED more experenced frontline players that don't need to handle the ball or have a play run for them to be effective (especially if R.Lewis becomes an option). Boozer is much more that guy than Odom and will cost LESS money throughout most of his contract.

Last edited by Money$hot! on Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Phil
Retired

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:28 am    Post subject:

Phew.....62 hours and 47 minutes to the deadline. :roll:
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject:

Phil wrote:
Phew.....62 hours and 47 minutes to the deadline. :roll:

Tell me about it.

(bleep)
orwell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:35 am    Post subject:

Boozer is a loser!
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject:

keep the hope alive, we can't win a series in the playoffs with this team

PG Smush Parker
SG Kobe Bryant
SF Reshard Lewis
PF Carlos Boozer
C Chris Mihm

Vs.

PG Chauncy Billups
SG Rip Hamiliton
SF Tayshaun Prince
PF Rasheed Wallace
C Ben Wallace

thats a pretty dang good matchup
PhunkyPhil
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:45 am    Post subject:

Forget the Pistons!! We need to worry about getting past the first round in the WEST.
bounty
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject:

PhunkyPhil wrote:
Forget the Pistons!! We need to worry about getting past the first round in the WEST.

we need to make the playoffs. losing 2 of 3 at home to end is a joke
Money$hot!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:47 am    Post subject:

kobe2mike wrote:
keep the hope alive, we can't win a series in the playoffs with this team

PG Smush Parker
SG Kobe Bryant
SF Reshard Lewis
PF Carlos Boozer
C Chris Mihm

Vs.

PG Chauncy Billups
SG Rip Hamiliton
SF Tayshaun Prince
PF Rasheed Wallace
C Ben Wallace

thats a pretty dang good matchup

Except for the rumored deal moves Mihm and keeps Kwame.

PG Smush Parker
SG Kobe Bryant
SF Rashard Lewis
PF Carlos Boozer
C Kwame Brown

Still that's a much better lineup then what we have right now by a mile. Look at how clearly defined the roles are (scorers, rebounders, defenders). As opposed to the mish-mosh of players we're trying to stitch together as a lineup right now.
brandnew
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:26 am    Post subject:

Trading Mihm for Boozer would be an awful move. We'd have absolutely no protection inside... after easily getting past Smush, teams would just waltz their way inside to a frontline of Cook, Boozer, and Kwame? There's absolutely no shotblocking. Atleast Mihm has some sort of shotblocking skills.
LakerLegend
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject:

:roll: is what I think of all of these speculation threads. I will just wait until the deadline to see what happens. Until then, I will sit back and take all of these rumors with a grain of salt.
KB8@LG
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:11 am    Post subject:

I wonder why all of a suddeon shortly before the deadline everyone has a friend in the Lakers organization......
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:34 am    Post subject:

LakerLegend wrote:
:roll: is what I think of all of these speculation threads. I will just wait until the deadline to see what happens. Until then, I will sit back and take all of these rumors with a grain of salt.

Smart man... You'll remain healthier fa show... 8)
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8
Jump to: