Enough of This!!!! (my rant against insiders)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sister Golden Hair
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:53 pm    Post subject:

You should offer a hundred bucks (to let you go) to the person holding a gun to your head forcing you to come to the site. Oh, what the hell: make it $200.

SGH
PurpleReign4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject:

ok, its been a few hours since i started this topic. ill admit i regret ever doing it. when i came back home tonight and saw 24 replies, i was scared to reopen the topic, realizing how dumb i was to say what i did.

i love this site, and one of the reasons i originally joined was i was amazed at all the rumors and insider talk you were all able to offer an average fan like myself.

now my reason for starting this, its just, i was tired of seeing this rampant (and often times baseless) speculation passed off as soon to be fact. a lot of you offered good advice to me about taking rumors with a grain of salt, and i appreciate none of you going too hard on me for my lashing out. it was uncalled for, but i hope some of you can still see where i came from with this. it's a little annoying to have to wade through the baseless rumors with no connections to insiders to get to the real ones.

so, to sum it all up. i stand by the sentiments that caused me to make my original post, but not the post itself. thanks and sorry.
Ank
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject:

kobe2mike wrote:
Quote:
what I don't understand though is why don't the Rockets & Lakers just work on a Odom / McGrady swap with the Lakers throwing in some other stuff.

Newspaper articles and rumors have that the Rockets wouldn't mind getting Francis back. And the Rockets fans are warming up to the idea of getting him back. With the recent stuff of the Lakers "agressively" pursuing Francis, and insiders saying that Francis wouldn't be for us, but to put in a 3 way deal that will bring us so good of a player that we will be bowing to Mitch. T-Mac to Lakers, Franchise to Rockets, and LO to Orlando makes some good sense.

I haven't seen Tmac anywhere that souded legit to me. That's ridiculous. Look, people mention a rumor bout every player, but Tmac is the least ikely for me. When Tmac sat out, they lose a ot of games You think they give him up for Francis? Francis and Yao won't work. That's known. Let's stop the pipe dreams and fcus on realistic trades. Kmart . . . Boozer if we want him. Maybe some small pieces. You think Mitch is gonna get TMac? I gotta just laugh at that (bleep). Everyone wants to give us Tmac for Odom and make us a great team Makes sense from other teamoint of view. Haha. Man. Give me some of what ou're smoking.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Enough of This!!!! (my rant against insiders)

PurpleReign4 wrote:
And I request that our "insiders" or "friends of insiders" don't post their bs intel unless that insider happens to be Mitch, Jim or Jerry Buss.

Am I alone here?

How do you know they aren't?
Ank
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:33 pm    Post subject:

Sage_10 wrote:
kobe2mike wrote:
Yeah these rumors are just shooting out like a machine gun. Makes me believe that we will make some trade before the deadline.

What I have heard so far this week:

F K-Mart
F/C Channing Frye
G Stevie Francis
G/F Tracy McGrady
F/C Carlos Boozer
G Allen Iverson
F Reshard Lewis

Tracy McGrady? When did that happen? Damn someone must of had a hit of the wacky tobaccy.

This is a great example of how stupid rumors are started. Tmac is as impossible as Duncan or Shaq coming to the Lakers, but some people need to mention any other all-stars not yet mentioned in trades.
G1 Hydrogenic
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject:

Rumors are interesting, but knowing the state of the team and the little assets we have, I'm not really interested in listening to them.

This team is here to stay and we're just going to have to improve based on who we have right now.
DaggerInTheHeart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:55 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
How do you know they aren't?

Thats like saying if THE_SHOES is really Lamar Odom which maybe true btw,
SoCal88
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:03 am    Post subject:

Someone got flamed...

Good night now!
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:12 am    Post subject:

Ank wrote:
Sage_10 wrote:
kobe2mike wrote:
Yeah these rumors are just shooting out like a machine gun. Makes me believe that we will make some trade before the deadline.

F K-Mart
F/C Channing Frye
G Stevie Francis
G/F Tracy McGrady
F/C Carlos Boozer
G Allen Iverson
F Reshard Lewis

Tracy McGrady? When did that happen? Damn someone must of had a hit of the wacky tobaccy.

This is a great example of how stupid rumors are started. Tmac is as impossible as Duncan or Shaq coming to the Lakers, but some people need to mention any other all-stars not yet mentioned in trades.

He's not just mentioning that for the heck of it.

That was actually a "report" from an "insider" who started a thread, saying
he'd heard the Lakers were getting T-Mac in a three-way with Houston
that would send LO to Orlando and Stevie back to the Rockets.

Don't kill guys for passing on what they've heard. It's not like he was
claiming he even thought any of it was true.
dinlabreak
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject:

the beauty of LG is the rumors. cuz around this time of the year the lakers have acquried half the league.
PROUDLAKERFAN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:44 am    Post subject:

I don't know why rumors should bother anybody, after all, they are just that: RUMORS! Did I miss anything? Please, I love rumors, don't we all?
Ank
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:49 am    Post subject:

sodapoppenski wrote:
Ank wrote:
Sage_10 wrote:
kobe2mike wrote:

F K-Mart
F/C Channing Frye
G Stevie Francis
G/F Tracy McGrady
F/C Carlos Boozer
G Allen Iverson
F Reshard Lewis

He's not just mentioning that for the heck of it.

That was actually a "report" from an "insider" who started a thread, saying
he'd heard the Lakers were getting T-Mac in a three-way with Houston
that would send LO to Orlando and Stevie back to the Rockets.

Don't kill guys for passing on what they've heard. It's not like he was
claiming he even thought any of it was true.

Got carried away. It just seems like a lot of random rumors are started and then, when you trace the rumor back, it turns out to be some dumb pos. You're right, I was probably too harsh. Sorry about that. I just don't want real information to be lost due to stuff like this. You have to admit, of all the possible trades we could make, Tmac is one of the most unlikely.
AussieLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:01 am    Post subject:

All that pisses me off is that so many of you gooses believe these "no name insiders" that log on just to post a RUMOUR and then I can't log onto LG at all...

That's what pisses me off... :X

i could care less about 10 year olds posting trade cenario's with KG and T-Mack, who else can we get?? Tim Duncan? What about Big Ben and Rasheed Wallace??

Why not. Quick, someone post it... :roll:

T-Mac and KG...
seriously...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
AussieLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 2:05 am    Post subject:

but personally, I like the rumours... I like considering things, just as much as the next guy...

I like "fantasy" trade deals and thinking about how good certain players would be on our team, but, I don't run away with them and act as if they are about to happen...

enjoy the rumours... Just don't clog up the site so I can't get on!!!!!!!

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
ShowtimeDynasty_24/7
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:25 am    Post subject:

guys, guys I never said I was an insider, Im just a guy who just has been looking at a lot of NBA forums cause I wanted to see if there were any more rumors about trades for the Lakers, and I was just passing along this, never tried to start a rumor, I just passed it along to you guys for you to discuss, just a messenger, sorry if it upset you, but I know some of you like to read rumors, and its for our entertainment

never said it was going to happen, was just saying that I have read of some 3 way deals that could have us bringing in that mystery player that so many have talked about, and I just said T-Mac could be a possibility, I mean, I too think the possibility of bringing in T-Mac is extremly remote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: