The Sinner - Season 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject: The Sinner - Season 2

(I do not think there is a thread. I did a search, but Judah's signature made that pointless.)

Is anyone watching Season 2 on USA Network? I enjoyed Season 1, but I am really enjoying Season 2. I felt Jessica Biel and Bill Pullman were solid in Season 1, but I think Pullman and Carrie Coon have taken the show to a new level in Season 2.
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:27 pm    Post subject:

Great show!
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:50 am    Post subject:

finished watching jack ryan and started sinners little less than 15 minutes into first episode....was not expecting that....helluva way to start a show
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:03 am    Post subject:

ani007 wrote:
finished watching jack ryan and started sinners little less than 15 minutes into first episode....was not expecting that....helluva way to start a show

you are in for a ride over the next few episodes as what appears to be clear becomes very cloudy.
ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:56 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
ani007 wrote:

you are in for a ride over the next few episodes as what appears to be clear becomes very cloudy.

finished season 1 thx for posting about it, it was fantastic. a heck of a ride, think JB killed it. things really made sense and came together at the end, lookin forward to S2 with carrie coone
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:04 pm    Post subject:

ani007 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
ani007 wrote:

finished season 1 thx for posting about it, it was fantastic. a heck of a ride, think JB killed it. things really made sense and came together at the end, lookin forward to S2 with carrie coone

oh wow I misunderstood...I thought you had started Season 2 in your earlier post. You will enjoy it also.
ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:41 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
ani007 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
ani007 wrote:

oh wow I misunderstood...I thought you had started Season 2 in your earlier post. You will enjoy it also.

great episode gonna miss it after finale. what a gut punch at the end
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:16 am    Post subject:

ani007 wrote:

my assumption is the guy with the pony tail pulled the trigger?
ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:32 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
ani007 wrote:

who is pony tail guy again? was that someone veera was sending up there to intercept? cult leader guy is def dead? can't wait for the finale.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:01 am    Post subject:

ani007 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
ani007 wrote:

who is pony tail guy again? was that someone veera was sending up there to intercept? cult leader guy is def dead? can't wait for the finale.

yeah, he appears to be Vera's "fixer"...the guy that the female police officer recalled seeing at the hotel in the initial episodes, and the one that came to Vera claiming to know where they were going.

Who did Marin call to tell them they were there? Was she really trying to save Julian? Did whoever she call set her up and kill her? Did Lionel really pass away....or does he show back up? A lot of questions need answered.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:29 am    Post subject:

Man, I just started and now on S1E7... this is a good show. If you guys like something like this, The hands of God with Ron Perlmann on Amazon Prime is this kinda good too
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:35 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Man, I just started and now on S1E7... this is a good show.

It seems like everyone I speak to passed on watching this season, and I tell they are missing out on a very solid show. I am not saying it is on par with some of HBO's better drama's, but it is at a level that I would not be surprised if it was on HBO.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:22 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
governator wrote:

It seems like everyone I speak to passed on watching this season, and I tell they are missing out on a very solid show. I am not saying it is on par with some of HBO's better drama's, but it is at a level that I would not be surprised if it was on HBO.

It's psychological and each episodes just reveal more and more of what happened
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:25 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
adkindo wrote:
governator wrote:

It's psychological and each episodes just reveal more and more of what happened

right...nothing is as it appeared in the first couple episodes...Bill Pullman and Carrie Coon have been excellent....as many of the supporting players have been.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:18 am    Post subject:

Just started season 2, better be different story than season 1, repetitive I’m gone
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:23 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Just started season 2, better be different story than season 1, repetitive I’m gone

100% different....Pullman is the only character that ties the seasons together. Only a passing mention of Jessica Biel's character from season 1 in initial episode.
ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:51 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
governator wrote:

100% different....Pullman is the only character that ties the seasons together. Only a passing mention of Jessica Biel's character from season 1 in initial episode.

i'm glad they kept pullman ah man pumped for this finale could go in so many directions and i love CC, thanks 4 posting about it
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:52 am    Post subject:

ani007 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
governator wrote:

i'm glad they kept pullman ah man pumped for this finale could go in so many directions and i love CC, thanks 4 posting about it

ok, 4 episodes in... starting to take a turn, good series
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:03 am    Post subject:

ani007 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
governator wrote:

great season.....finale a little anticlimactic?
ani007
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:09 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
ani007 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
governator wrote:

yeah even seeing some stuff coming it was still shocking to see and i think well performed. i guess it was as happy an ending as you could get in this dark show lol but still julian staring at those jagged rocks, pullman's ineffable expressions like how last season ended i was thinking i wonder what's going through pullman's head right now (oblivion? lol), veera petting that rock....i was still left with this unsettling and disturbed feeling. like i'm def not drinking tea with them.....that scene with jullian in the restaurant CC was so great the kid too
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:25 am    Post subject:

ani007 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
ani007 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
governator wrote:

yeah even seeing some stuff coming it was still shocking to see and i think well performed. i guess it was as happy an ending as you could get in this dark show lol but still julian staring at those jagged rocks, pullman's ineffable expressions like how last season ended i was thinking i wonder what's going through pullman's head right now (oblivion? lol), veera petting that rock....i was still left with this unsettling and disturbed feeling. like i'm def not drinking tea with them.....that scene with jullian in the restaurant CC was so great the kid too

I thought it was a good ending. Didn't see the dad be the one at all. And yeah, the restaurant seen was great, a mentally hurt child taking a break from everything. Bill Pullman's acting is on point. Will watch season 3
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: