Lakers are going to WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP THIS YEAR
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject: Lakers are going to WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP THIS YEAR

They're gonna kick butt in the season, hit full peak mode in the playoffs, take out GSW swiftly and then bulldoze Boston.

Count on it! It's gonna happen.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:19 pm    Post subject: Re: Lakers are going to WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP THIS YEAR

ChickenBeckerman wrote:
They're gonna kick butt in the season, hit full peak mode in the playoffs, take out GSW swiftly and then bulldoze Boston.

Yep, the closer we are to getting to the season the more the feeling of this team playing at a high level is starting to gain steam.
LakerLand247
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:33 pm    Post subject:

I'm a huge Lakers fan but even I find this...

danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:36 pm    Post subject:

SPEAK IT INTO EXISTENCE!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:39 pm    Post subject:

LakerLand247 wrote:

You are in for a surprise
yammy1688
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:52 pm    Post subject:

PREACH!!!!!!!!

I BELIEVE!!!

ALL-TIME HIGH IQ TEAM! WE GONNA STEAMROLL TEAMS with intellect and reaction times.
lakersibleed
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:43 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:

BUCKLE UP!!! Its gonna be a special season!!

Guys we have every reason to think this team has a chance. We know what kinda talent we have on this squad!! These young guys are proving to be very hungry and eager to get better. We got the veteran support to get us through most every team in the playoffs

I really think its all about how we play together as a team! Talent wise tho.... I like our roster better than all of them except one(GSW).

30 games into the season people are going to start believing!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:56 pm    Post subject:

lakersibleed wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:

Guys we have every reason to think this team has a chance. We know what kinda talent we have on this squad!! These young guys are proving to be very hungry and eager to get better. We got the veteran support to get us through most every team in the playoffs

I really think its all about how we play together as a team! Talent wise tho.... I like our roster better than all of them except one(GSW).

This team has the potential to be a dynasty... I really mean it, it’s gonna depend on the development of the young players and who we get in FA.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 3:59 pm    Post subject:

yammy1688 wrote:
PREACH!!!!!!!!

I BELIEVE!!!

ALL-TIME HIGH IQ TEAM! WE GONNA STEAMROLL TEAMS with intellect and reaction times.

And BLIND them with SCIENCE!!
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Lakers are going to WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP THIS YEAR

ChickenBeckerman wrote:

Man LeBron needs to go beyond god-mode all year long then. If all of this actually happened he would be the goat of all major sports that have ever existed, even ping pong.
lakersibleed
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:14 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
lakersibleed wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:

This team has the potential to be a dynasty... I really mean it, it’s gonna depend on the development of the young players and who we get in FA.

This roster is loaded! If these guys go out and hoop like we all know they can!
For instance: I dont think Lonzo doesn't know how to shoot(he picked it up big time towards the end of the year)...I dont think he is that bad a free throw shooter(he just needs to concentrate). All of those lil things like that are gonna be the things that are gonna work themselves out this year because the kids know they are playing for something now.
I think BI is gonna thrive with Lebron and Kuz is gonna be Kuz (AGRESSIVE).
These are some really competitive kids. Not your average group! Really good mix of talent, heart, desire to be great, and basketball IQ.
We are deep enough to take a couple injuries this year and keep on tickin.

I really think its gonna be a COMPETE year!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:19 pm    Post subject:

lakersibleed wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
lakersibleed wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:

For instance: I dont think Lonzo doesn't know how to shoot(he picked it up big time towards the end of the year)...I dont think he is that bad a free throw shooter(he just needs to concentrate). All of those lil things like that are gonna be the things that are gonna work themselves out this year because the kids know they are playing for something now.
These are some really competitive kids. Not your average group! Really good mix of talent, heart, desire to be great, and basketball IQ.

haven’t been this excited for a Laker season in a long time, they can have more long term success then the Pau/Kobe Lakers, maybe even the Shaq era Lakers, if everything goes perfectly.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:39 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
SPEAK IT INTO EXISTENCE!

Unfortunately, this prediction is more LiAngelo than Lonzo.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:45 pm    Post subject:

Thanks to this thread, I can now sleep easy tonight.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:14 pm    Post subject:

I think they can go anywhere from missing the playoffs to winning the championship... there are too many variables to predict at this point.

All I know is they have nothing to lose and are playing with house money this year.

As fans we can relax and enjoy because even if they somehow do poorly we'd get a lotto pick and a max player in a worse case scenario this season.

I think if the youngsters develop and the vets do what they are supposed to do that we can get to the WCF... and once there, anything can happen.
lakersibleed
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:19 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
lakersibleed wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
lakersibleed wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:

haven’t been this excited for a Laker season in a long time, they can have more long term success then the Pau/Kobe Lakers, maybe even the Shaq era Lakers, if everything goes perfectly.

So deep! So young! So much room for growth! Add an all star caliber player next year and I can see DYNASTY. Magic and Pelinka gonna have a hard time keeping all of these guys on the team tho. So for guys like Beasley, Lance, KCP, maybe even Rondo its all about winning it ALL this year.(Kobe thinks we have the roster to win it all this year)
Startrout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:41 pm    Post subject:

Let’s just make the playoffs first.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:41 pm    Post subject:

lakersibleed wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
lakersibleed wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
lakersibleed wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerLand247 wrote:

So deep! So young! So much room for growth! Add an all star caliber player next year and I can see DYNASTY. Magic and Pelinka gonna have a hard time keeping all of these guys on the team tho. So for guys like Beasley, Lance, KCP, maybe even Rondo its all about winning it ALL this year.(Kobe thinks we have the roster to win it all this year)

I think some of the guys on the roster will give discount to comeback next year, they know this team has a chance to do be good for a while.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Lakers are going to WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP THIS YEAR

ReaListik wrote:
ChickenBeckerman wrote:

Man LeBron needs to go beyond god-mode all year long then. If all of this actually happened he would be the goat of all major sports that have ever existed, even ping pong.

Nah. I could take him in ping pong.
GTL
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:52 pm    Post subject:

Ah hell

I’LL TAKE IT!

2019 CHAMPS - LOS ANGELES LAKERS!!

anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:04 pm    Post subject:

I am going to say this. Magic and Lebron are not messing around and being cute with this season and team. They mean business. I believe that whole heartedly.

Killer instinct between both men is OFF the chart. Very few players in the history of the NBA or even sports, have what Magic and Lebron have. Put them together, wow.

I love all the moves they made and frankly don't care that some folks didn't like player A or trading player X. Magic and Lebron know a heck of a lot more than we do.

Championship would be nice out of the gate but I don't expect that. I do think they will be the real deal this year and they will be all the buzz of the NBA.

I think the Heat, when Lebron joined was kind of a "cute" team. You know what I mean. High gloss and glam, not really killer. Of course they had a nice run.

This team with the combo of vets and young guns, has more of a killer/nastiness to them. I do think it will show some after the season starts.

Gotta love Rondo, Lebron, Ball, Kuzma, Ingram.....all day long.
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:25 pm    Post subject:

Yep. Agreed with all points above. I am getting more and more optimistic that we seriously have a good (albeit small chance) of winning it all THIS year. The fact that that is a possibility already is very exciting for us Laker fans.
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:29 pm    Post subject:

I cannot WAIT to bump this thread back up in June
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:40 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
I am going to say this. Magic and Lebron are not messing around and being cute with this season and team. They mean business. I believe that whole heartedly.

Killer instinct between both men is OFF the chart. Very few players in the history of the NBA or even sports, have what Magic and Lebron have. Put them together, wow.

I love all the moves they made and frankly don't care that some folks didn't like player A or trading player X. Magic and Lebron know a heck of a lot more than we do.

Championship would be nice out of the gate but I don't expect that. I do think they will be the real deal this year and they will be all the buzz of the NBA.

I think the Heat, when Lebron joined was kind of a "cute" team. You know what I mean. High gloss and glam, not really killer. Of course they had a nice run.

This team with the combo of vets and young guns, has more of a killer/nastiness to them. I do think it will show some after the season starts.

Gotta love Rondo, Lebron, Ball, Kuzma, Ingram.....all day long.

Good post, people forget about the old washed up players Miami collected when they were contenders... Mike Bibby/Rashard Lewis/Mike Miller/ and some other guys I probably forgot to mention there only real vet contributor was Ray Allen, it’s amazing the effect LeBron had on the Heat if he didn’t have real Impact the Heat wouldn’t have had a significant drop off when he left.

I agree that this team is more special it really depends if we get some guys in the next couple of years to surround them with LeBron and the young guys.
ryan_c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:48 pm    Post subject:

Cool story.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: