Houston trades Ryan Anderson to Phoenix for Marquese Chriss

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:53 pm    Post subject: Houston trades Ryan Anderson to Phoenix for Marquese Chriss

Per Woj

Houston has traded Ryan Anderson and De'Anthony Melton to Phoenix for Marquese Chriss and Brandon Knight, league source tells ESPN.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:41 pm    Post subject:

I actually like this deal for the Suns long term....they take on a little bit more money with Anderson compared to Knight.....but Melton could be the perfect fit in a back court with Booker.

I think PHX viewed Knight as near dead money, and had pretty much given up on Chriss. Houston likely did the deal to save a little money.
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Wow. Not even a pick attached.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:15 pm    Post subject:

I tried to tell y'all Anderson could be dumped. Didn't even have to include a pick. I do hate to give up Melton though.
The_Dynasty24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:28 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
I tried to tell y'all Anderson could be dumped. Didn't even have to include a pick. I do hate to give up Melton though.
You were arguing he could be salary dumped, and that's not really happening here is it? Knight is owed almost as much money and you gave up a young prospect
carlosLisboa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:27 am    Post subject:

Melo is a starter!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:28 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
I actually like this deal for the Suns long term....they take on a little bit more money with Anderson compared to Knight.....but Melton could be the perfect fit in a back court with Booker.

I think PHX viewed Knight as near dead money, and had pretty much given up on Chriss. Houston likely did the deal to save a little money.

I think PHX doesn't want to pay Chriss, and probably think Knight's ACL tear will slow him down (and he was bad the last few years on a bad deal).

It's basically PHX dumping its bad deals for Houston's bad deal, but getting a true floor spacer for Ayton and a rookie that I really wanted (Melton). I think PHX came out ahead.

Rox will try to rehab Knight and I think Chriss will be a good lob partner for CP3/Harden, but do they want to really pay Chriss $ to extend him (RFA in 2019).
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:12 am    Post subject:

Is Ryan Andersen actually a good player or is he just some scrub who can hit threes and looks good in certain systems? How is he on defense?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:29 am    Post subject:

The_Dynasty24 wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:
You were arguing he could be salary dumped, and that's not really happening here is it? Knight is owed almost as much money and you gave up a young prospect

I said Morey found a taker for him before and could again. I still think he could have been dumped into cap space by including picks, if the player coming back was worth doing that for.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:34 am    Post subject:

Phx got the best player in the trade. Pissed LAL passed on melton hes gonna be a stud
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:35 am    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Is Ryan Andersen actually a good player or is he just some scrub who can hit threes and looks good in certain systems? How is he on defense?

As our own GT likes to say, he can shoot the crap out of the ball. Terrible defender. Looked more like a scrub in Houston than in years past. His now-bad contract was at least partially deserved.

As much as we hate to say it, he is more valuable and more capable of playing in the NBA than Deng. Which is why Houston was able to trade him away while the Lakers are not able to trade Deng.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:23 am    Post subject:

He's missed so many games since he got to PHX, I had completely forgotten Brandon Knight was on the Suns. Is he even ready to play this year?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:59 am    Post subject:

Damn. I might have to follow the Suns now.*

*still should've taken Luka, tho.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:55 am    Post subject:

Also, I wouldn't be shocked if D'Angelo ends up in Phoenix at some point this season with one of Melton or Okobo going to the Nets.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Also, I wouldn't be shocked if D'Angelo ends up in Phoenix at some point this season with one of Melton or Okobo going to the Nets.

interesting....read that article today where DLo still refers to Booker as his best friend....as you know, I am a DLo guy, but I honestly want to see what Melton and Booker look like together....and would rather DLo break out in Brooklyn. A guy like Melton could really allow PHX to have Booker play in that role somewhat similar to Harden that they seem determined to try.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:15 pm    Post subject:

DLO and Booker defensively...

Offensively.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Definitely an interesting thought. But I doubt Sarver would trade for a guy about to hit the market. He just dumped his own lotto pick to avoid paying him. He has a cheap core he can sell the fan base on and is probably content to meet the floor with salary dumps and one year deals.

Maybe in a few years they spend in the market.
Laker_Dynasty_01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:07 am    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
The_Dynasty24 wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:

I said Morey found a taker for him before and could again. I still think he could have been dumped into cap space by including picks, if the player coming back was worth doing that for.

It's a great chess move if Chriss pans out and makes Capela into an asset the Rockets can afford to trade. Saves only $6 mil otherwise in 2020 (if Chriss is renounced), while costing the Rockets a possible draft steal. Think it saves about $3.5 million this year.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:

He wasn’t dumped. He was traded. Houston took back a lot of salary in Knight who makes $15M to Andersons $20M over the same period pf time.

A dump would be taking back little to no salary.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Rockets get better and better.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: