Who is going to be our biggest surprise this year?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

This year's biggest surprise will be....?
Ingram
15%
 15%  [ 21 ]
Kuzma
14%
 14%  [ 20 ]
Lonzo
24%
 24%  [ 33 ]
Hart
8%
 8%  [ 12 ]
Mcgee
4%
 4%  [ 6 ]
KCP
2%
 2%  [ 4 ]
Zubac
8%
 8%  [ 11 ]
Wagner
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
Svi
13%
 13%  [ 18 ]
Beasley
5%
 5%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 136

Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:23 pm    Post subject:

I get the feeling some of fans are down on Lonzo. But, I still think he's the Lakers' best young player and the best hope of the Lakers having at least one young star. He actually has elite-level talents with his play-making and defense. If he can become an adequate scorer, I think he'll have star-level impact.

A guy I hope surprises is Wagner. I think he would tremendously help the Lakers by sheer necessity. The Lakers have big question marks at center and with their shooting. Well, maybe he can become a good center who can shoot. He looked better on defense at the summer league than what was said about him in the draft. So, we'll see.
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:35 am    Post subject:

Japago wrote:
I get the feeling some of fans are down on Lonzo. But, I still think he's the Lakers' best young player and the best hope of the Lakers having at least one young star. He actually has elite-level talents with his play-making and defense. If he can become an adequate scorer, I think he'll have star-level impact.

A guy I hope surprises is Wagner. I think he would tremendously help the Lakers by sheer necessity. The Lakers have big question marks at center and with their shooting. Well, maybe he can become a good center who can shoot. He looked better on defense at the summer league than what was said about him in the draft. So, we'll see.

I hope Zo proves to be as good as any player on the team, but I don't expect him to out play guys who have worked and developed all summer, since he was limited in what he could work on. I like Zo as much as anyone, and I hope this the year he stands up to guys like Patrick Beverly, and Jamal Murray, and really shuts them up with his game.
ChickenBeckerman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:59 am    Post subject:

damn, no love for Alex Caruso
ShowtimeReturns
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:19 am    Post subject:

Lonzo's free throw shooting and Kuzma's defense
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:45 am    Post subject:

Zubac Wagner and Svi are the only ones that can surprise. Everybody else on the list are already well known or have huge expectations on them. Yes, maybe they could disappoint, surprise in a negative way...
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:53 am    Post subject:

cathy78 wrote:
Zubac Wagner and Svi are the only ones that can surprise. Everybody else on the list are already well known or have huge expectations on them. Yes, maybe they could disappoint, surprise in a negative way...

This is what I was thinking as well, which is why I chose Svi.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:25 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
cathy78 wrote:

My thinking exactly. People aren't even expecting Svi to crack the rotation. I think he ends up playing a real role. His shooting is really that good, and he can actually play, other than just standing there and shooting the ball. Maybe it takes until the second half of the season until he makes a major impact, but I truly believe he will end up playing meaningful minutes for us this season.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 5:20 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
cathy78 wrote:

My thinking exactly. People aren't even expecting Svi to crack the rotation. I think he ends up playing a real role. His shooting is really that good, and he can actually play, other than just standing there and shooting the ball. Maybe it takes until the second half of the season until he makes a major impact, but I truly believe he will end up playing meaningful minutes for us this season.

I think it is going to be Zubac. Too many posters have been part of the "echo chamber" that overly criticizes Zubac. His PER of 15.3 (link) and the nba.com NETRTG and PIE (link) were among the Laker's best for players who were in more than half the games (link). He wasn't as bad as people like to make him out to be and I think he will show great growth this year. Being on the court with Lebron will do him wonders.

It is starting. Finally. Our guesses will soon be put to the test.

--Anonymous
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:24 am    Post subject:

Rondo and Beasley. I think we'll see how smart and valuable Rondo is as a leader and PG and Beasley I think will be one of our best scorers. Walton really thinks Beasley can play significant minutes at the 5.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:38 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Rondo and Beasley. I think we'll see how smart and valuable Rondo is as a leader and PG and Beasley I think will be one of our best scorers. Walton really thinks Beasley can play significant minutes at the 5.

Apologies if I am behind on this subject. But is that actually something Walton has expressed in interviews? Recently?

Curious because I just do not see it from Beasley. Never a great rebounder or overly physical in the paint. Maybe in limited specific situations but I'm skeptical it works for "significant mpg".
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 6:43 am    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
King Randle wrote:

Apologies if I am behind on this subject. But is that actually something Walton has expressed in interviews? Recently?

Curious because I just do not see it from Beasley. Never a great rebounder or overly physical in the paint. Maybe in limited specific situations but I'm skeptical it works for "significant mpg".

Yup...Walton said it when he was interviewed by Mason and Ireland. Part of the second unit with Beasley at the 5. Apparently he runs the floor well and also can bring the ball himself off a rebound.

Pelinka said they're extremely happy with their length (7 guys 6'9 or above according to him). Said length is more important than banging in the post.
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:44 pm    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:

I hope Zo proves to be as good as any player on the team, but I don't expect him to out play guys who have worked and developed all summer, since he was limited in what he could work on. I like Zo as much as anyone, and I hope this the year he stands up to guys like Patrick Beverly, and Jamal Murray, and really shuts them up with his game.

That's a good point, but we've seen guys get better even while injured. I believe Embiid and Simmons got better while injured. I think being with an NBA team and being able to improve mentally and physically with top-quality training programs can help him out too.

Plus, he has the most obvious weaknesses to improve. It won't be easy to fix his offense. But, I think him becoming even decent as a scorer will go a long way for him.

Maybe it won't be to begin the season. But, I just think he has the most upside out of all of the Lakers' young players.
Jellojigglin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:19 am    Post subject:

I think 🤔 Svi after listening to Beasley mention him and the other coaches. He was remarkable in the preseason. He is going to be a solid NBA player.
Superlaker66
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:08 pm    Post subject:

I think Svi will thrive with Lebron on the court.

Without Lebron, he was a good shooter. With Lebron...

He will have time to jog to his spot, get set up, sign some autographs, catch the pass, send a couple of text, and drill the three.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2018 2:24 pm    Post subject:

KCP
lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:46 am    Post subject:

The 2nd unit.

The third unit.

The team.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:43 am    Post subject:

Kawhi! Surprise!!
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:57 am    Post subject:

This poll question can be taken from two different contexts, and the context used changes the answer imo. Who will be the biggest surprise to the general public? Or who will be the biggest surprise to LG posters?

I think a lot of uneducated fans around the country consider Lonzo a bust, and are not even aware of Josh Hart's existence. But they will read one statistic so they'll know Kuz an Ingram both scored 16ppg last year. However, our new vets are pretty well-known. To that crowd I think Lonzo, Hart and Svi are underappreciated, and all three of them might open some eyes this year.

As for LG, if there's a big upside surprise in store it would be one of the rookies, Stephenson, or Zubac. I'd pick Svi among that group as most likely.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:48 am    Post subject:

I think that Bron guy might be good this year. Just putting it out there now. That’s my Hot Take of the day.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:15 am    Post subject:

Rambis
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:36 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:

Unfortunately Luke doesn’t have any other choice. We were weak at PG last season and center this season. Luke just has to adapt.
pokoy

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:44 am    Post subject:

LANCE.

I was one of the skeptics at first but his shot looks so good right now. He’s also 27, theoretically his prime. I’m all in.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4
Jump to: