Botham Jean Shooting
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Aeneas Hunter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 20984

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:45 am    Post subject:

I'm seeing some reports about noise complaints, so Dr. Funkbot may have correctly identified the "mundane" origin of this debacle. If so, this wasn't really a police shooting at all. It was just a murder with an attempt by the shooter to make it into a police shooting.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 93624
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:49 am    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
I'm seeing some reports about noise complaints, so Dr. Funkbot may have correctly identified the "mundane" origin of this debacle. If so, this wasn't really a police shooting at all. It was just a murder with an attempt by the shooter to make it into a police shooting.


Hmm. Wonder if she thought that showing up in her uniform would get him to "listen" to her. Of course that in and of itself is official misconduct (using your position to garner privilege for yourself).

If so, just senseless regardless. Whether she stumbled into his apartment, or over a noise complaint, just tragic.
_________________
We have LBJ.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 9200

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:07 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
I'm seeing some reports about noise complaints, so Dr. Funkbot may have correctly identified the "mundane" origin of this debacle. If so, this wasn't really a police shooting at all. It was just a murder with an attempt by the shooter to make it into a police shooting.


so this was pre-meditated?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 93624
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:17 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
I'm seeing some reports about noise complaints, so Dr. Funkbot may have correctly identified the "mundane" origin of this debacle. If so, this wasn't really a police shooting at all. It was just a murder with an attempt by the shooter to make it into a police shooting.


so this was pre-meditated?


Yeah, the noise complaint version would be worse for her b/c there would be some intent and as AH said, would be murder.

That's why she may be spinning it as "I was tired," "I gave him commands (in his own abode)," blah blah.
_________________
We have LBJ.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Sep 2001
Posts: 7945
Location: Eagle Rock

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:30 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
I'm seeing some reports about noise complaints, so Dr. Funkbot may have correctly identified the "mundane" origin of this debacle. If so, this wasn't really a police shooting at all. It was just a murder with an attempt by the shooter to make it into a police shooting.


Hmm. Wonder if she thought that showing up in her uniform would get him to "listen" to her. Of course that in and of itself is official misconduct (using your position to garner privilege for yourself).

If so, just senseless regardless. Whether she stumbled into his apartment, or over a noise complaint, just tragic.


My thoughts are more along the lines that this had been an ongoing issue between the two and that this had not been the first time that she had complained about noise from his apartment.
_________________
R.I.P. Doc Buss
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 93624
Location: Do you believe in Magic?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:44 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
I'm seeing some reports about noise complaints, so Dr. Funkbot may have correctly identified the "mundane" origin of this debacle. If so, this wasn't really a police shooting at all. It was just a murder with an attempt by the shooter to make it into a police shooting.


Hmm. Wonder if she thought that showing up in her uniform would get him to "listen" to her. Of course that in and of itself is official misconduct (using your position to garner privilege for yourself).

If so, just senseless regardless. Whether she stumbled into his apartment, or over a noise complaint, just tragic.


My thoughts are more along the lines that this had been an ongoing issue between the two and that this had not been the first time that she had complained about noise from his apartment.


Right, if so, even worse. B/c there would be an element of pre-meditation/intent.

Plus, doing so while wearing her PD uniform and with her PD-issued service weapon makes it worse as she is using her position to threaten/influence a citizen (official misconduct, etc.).
_________________
We have LBJ.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Sep 2001
Posts: 7945
Location: Eagle Rock

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:54 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Dr. Funkbot wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
I'm seeing some reports about noise complaints, so Dr. Funkbot may have correctly identified the "mundane" origin of this debacle. If so, this wasn't really a police shooting at all. It was just a murder with an attempt by the shooter to make it into a police shooting.


Hmm. Wonder if she thought that showing up in her uniform would get him to "listen" to her. Of course that in and of itself is official misconduct (using your position to garner privilege for yourself).

If so, just senseless regardless. Whether she stumbled into his apartment, or over a noise complaint, just tragic.


My thoughts are more along the lines that this had been an ongoing issue between the two and that this had not been the first time that she had complained about noise from his apartment.


Right, if so, even worse. B/c there would be an element of pre-meditation/intent.

Plus, doing so while wearing her PD uniform and with her PD-issued service weapon makes it worse as she is using her position to threaten/influence a citizen (official misconduct, etc.).


Oh yeah, that is how I see it. It will be interesting to see what comes to light down the road. Such a shame.
_________________
R.I.P. Doc Buss
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 15159
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:12 pm    Post subject:

The lawyer for the Jean family said Guyger's key card was found near the front door to Jean's apartment. If these electronic locks record successful and unsuccessful attempts to unlock the door like hotel locks, I'd think they should be able to confirm the part of her story that she put her key card in the lock before entering.
_________________
"Suck it up. Don't be a baby. Do your job." - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 44534
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:47 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
The lawyer for the Jean family said Guyger's key card was found near the front door to Jean's apartment. If these electronic locks record successful and unsuccessful attempts to unlock the door like hotel locks, I'd think they should be able to confirm the part of her story that she put her key card in the lock before entering.


If her key card was found by the door that would evidence her thinking she was at her apartment.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 15159
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:54 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Crime-scene evidence from Botham Jean’s apartment supports Dallas police Officer Amber Guyger’s account that she shot Jean from across the room as she stood inside his apartment door, two law enforcement officials with direct knowledge of the case told The Dallas Morning News.

...

The two shell casings were found just inside the door, indicating that's where Guyger stood when she fired her gun, one official said.

That official said there was no blood by the door to indicate that's where Jean was shot. There was "a small amount along the paramedics' route with Botham.

"But that was mostly outside the apartment," the official said.


https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2018/09/13/evidence-botham-jeans-home-supports-officer-amber-guygers-account-shot-across-room-officials-say
_________________
"Suck it up. Don't be a baby. Do your job." - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 20984

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:57 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
I'm seeing some reports about noise complaints, so Dr. Funkbot may have correctly identified the "mundane" origin of this debacle. If so, this wasn't really a police shooting at all. It was just a murder with an attempt by the shooter to make it into a police shooting.


so this was pre-meditated?


I doubt it. There’s no reason to think that she went to the apartment planning to shoot the guy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 82597
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:37 pm    Post subject:

Because of course they did.


https://twitter.com/FOX4/status/1040361795519541249/photo/1
_________________
Tolerance is an agreement to live in peace, not an agreement to be peaceful no matter the conduct of others. A peace treaty is not a suicide pact.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 44534
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:57 pm    Post subject:

Omar Little wrote:
Because of course they did.


https://twitter.com/FOX4/status/1040361795519541249/photo/1


Has anyone checked to see if he had a prescription?
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Nov 2005
Posts: 7909
Location: Irvine

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:18 pm    Post subject:

Why did they search the victim's apartment??
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 44534
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:22 pm    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:
Why did they search the victim's apartment??


I think if they didn't have a warrant it would fall under Illegal Search and Seizure. Not that it would matter. They've accomplished their mission, discredit the victim.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Mar 2009
Posts: 3043

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:02 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Omar Little wrote:
Because of course they did.


https://twitter.com/FOX4/status/1040361795519541249/photo/1


Has anyone checked to see if he had a prescription?


Seriously?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kikanga
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 17465
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:18 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
I wonder if he opened the door for her. If so, that was his fatal mistake.
If she broke in and the cops are covering it up. Than there was nothing Botham could've done. He was screwed from the jump.


Isn't that crazy. Opening the door to your own abode and being gunned down by a police officer.


Doesn't surprise me in the least. Especially in Texas.

If you are black, and you expect law enforcement to treat you with lawful decency. You're betting your life on that expectation.
If a cop banged on my door right now. I wouldn't open it. If they said they had a warrant. I'd ask them to slip it under the door.
And I'd take a pic and send it to a lawyer friend of mine to make sure it was real. And I have nothing illegal in my residence.
If they want to kill me and plant drugs or whatever in my place. They're gonna have to break down the door first. And I'll be on my phone recording the whole thing.
_________________
"The fundamental cause of trouble in the world today is that the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt" - Bertrand Russell


Last edited by kikanga on Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:25 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Jul 2004
Posts: 15159
Location: Los Angeles, CA

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:19 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Dominator wrote:
Why did they search the victim's apartment??


I think if they didn't have a warrant it would fall under Illegal Search and Seizure. Not that it would matter. They've accomplished their mission, discredit the victim.


Why wouldn't the police be in the apartment? Jean was killed inside the apartment so it's the crime scene.

The weed was reported to have been found on the kitchen counter. Not that it matters. It doesn't do much of anything to discredit Jean. There's no disputing he's an innocent victim. The only question is whether Guyver's story about it being an accident matters.
_________________
"Suck it up. Don't be a baby. Do your job." - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Aeneas Hunter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Posts: 20984

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:20 pm    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:
Why did they search the victim's apartment??


It's a crime scene. Why wouldn't they search it? The better question is why this information is being provided to the media.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Omar Little
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 02 May 2005
Posts: 82597
Location: Formerly Known As 24

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:22 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Dominator wrote:
Why did they search the victim's apartment??


It's a crime scene. Why wouldn't they search it? The better question is why this information is being provided to the media.


I think we all know
_________________
Tolerance is an agreement to live in peace, not an agreement to be peaceful no matter the conduct of others. A peace treaty is not a suicide pact.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ContagiousInspiration
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 May 2014
Posts: 4851

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:13 pm    Post subject:

.. every dead person the police find has crack sprinkled on them..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rtl4YgB2zbw

Quote:

10.4 grams of marijuana in ziplock bags


I personally wouldn't let my fellow officer out on bail after this event.

Let her story be legit

She is obviously easily deranged after work. She also killed the man who did not threaten her in any way whatsoever

Read she entered and saw a figure from afar and killed it.

His last words were heard

"Oh my God. Why did you do this?"

She is psychologically unfit to be free... no matter how much bail.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 16 Nov 2015
Posts: 13696

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:58 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
tox wrote:
In college, two times I took the wrong floor to my apartment/dorm room and ended up knocking on some random dorm instead of my own. I wasn't even drunk, just distracted (on my phone) and got off the elevator on someone else's exit instead of mine. Since the layouts are identical across floors, I ended up at the wrong door.

I don't think this part of the story (i.e. not including any other facts) is implausible. Based on this, I also think her first story that Omar posted ("she was at the door and her key wouldn't work and he opened the door and BLAM") is by far the most likely story.


Oh, it is plausible that she could have walked to the wrong door. The implausible part is that the door was conveniently ajar, that the occupant was sitting inside in the dark with no lights at all, that she did not flip on a light switch or something, but that she could see the guy well enough to shoot him.


Right, she's definitely lying somewhere.
_________________
https://j.gifs.com/Rnqnbk.gif
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 44534
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:06 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Dominator wrote:
Why did they search the victim's apartment??


I think if they didn't have a warrant it would fall under Illegal Search and Seizure. Not that it would matter. They've accomplished their mission, discredit the victim.


Why wouldn't the police be in the apartment? Jean was killed inside the apartment so it's the crime scene.

The weed was reported to have been found on the kitchen counter. Not that it matters. It doesn't do much of anything to discredit Jean. There's no disputing he's an innocent victim. The only question is whether Guyver's story about it being an accident matters.


You're right. I didn't think CSI.
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Ted
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 3284

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:15 pm    Post subject:

MJ in the kitchen is just as relevant as having milk in the fridge. Has nothing to do with the case. Police department trying to dirty up the victim's name now. It will get worse.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Oct 2001
Posts: 41380

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:56 am    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
I'm seeing some reports about noise complaints, so Dr. Funkbot may have correctly identified the "mundane" origin of this debacle. If so, this wasn't really a police shooting at all. It was just a murder with an attempt by the shooter to make it into a police shooting.


Hmm. Wonder if she thought that showing up in her uniform would get him to "listen" to her. Of course that in and of itself is official misconduct (using your position to garner privilege for yourself).

If so, just senseless regardless. Whether she stumbled into his apartment, or over a noise complaint, just tragic.


My thoughts are more along the lines that this had been an ongoing issue between the two and that this had not been the first time that she had complained about noise from his apartment.


Yes, so now the truth is coming out.

This cop (who had already shot someone before on duty) apparently was trying to play cop on the apartment complex with her gun.

Charge her with Murder 2 and be done with it.
_________________
Love, Laker Lanny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB