Kobe Bryant working with Candace Parker and Gabby Williams
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:50 am    Post subject: Kobe Bryant working with Candace Parker and Gabby Williams

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnnFpRvB14r/

Kobe continuing to work with those who ask. Great to see him hitting jumpers again!
oldschool32
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:59 am    Post subject:

Thx for posting this
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:16 am    Post subject:

oldschool32 wrote:
Thx for posting this

anytime
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:00 am    Post subject:

Still looks like he’s in good enough basketball shape.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:08 am    Post subject: Re: Kobe Bryant working with Candace Parker and Gabby Williams

MJST wrote:

Kobe continuing to work with those who ask. Great to see him hitting jumpers again!
my man bean "the basketball whisperer".

good post MJ.

Anyone notice the detail he was showing them on that pull up jumper. most people will show the pull up and just do it and say see... like that. he half did the move to show the ladies the proper base you're supposed to have on that move for balance. watch how far his feet are apart, etc. that kind of specific training can make anyone a very good ball player, those that are already professionals could become elite.

I will ask LG again, are you sure kobe can't coach?

He coaches the crap out of his little girls basketball team. like for real coaches them for multiple hours a day running the triangle.

He's getting in player stuff with anyone who asks around the league. now he's training WNBA ladies.

At minimum i see a Tex Winters/Asst coach in kobe at this point in time. Tex because he love's the detail off the game and how to create proper spacing. thats nerd stuff. we all know kobe is a basketball nerd. This is to me what makes kobe different than most other previous legendary players when it comes to their ability or lack thereof to coach well. And its usually the very athletic guys or some guy that was super big for his position. basically some anomaly type of situation, which hinders them from coaching well because they can't understand why other players dont get it like they did. but kobe with all of his abilities was/is such a hoops nerd. he will always want to teach others what he knows. he loves that. he loves passing on the knowledge. you can tell when he talks about working with his daughter and her team, you can tell when he's talking about helping out younger players. he loves it.

I stand by my belief that if he was fine with that travel and vanessa was too. Kobe would be one of the greatest coaches of all time.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:08 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
hey, give him the Phil jacks contract. only home games. i think he could pull it off
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:14 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
hey, give him the Phil jacks contract. only home games. i think he could pull it off

Interesting enough, Shaq is still talking about Kobe making a comeback.
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:25 am    Post subject:

So what's Ingram's excuse again...?
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:28 am    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
didnt he go back home and was working out with his guy over the summer?
kobe aint the only person to work with. remember kobe wasnt working himself out when he was playing. who did kobe work with? other trainers. so dont kill BI or any other lakers for this.

now at some point in time. i do need to hear them all have gone to see kobe at least once.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:48 am    Post subject:

How I miss my Kobe
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:50 am    Post subject:

I respect Kobe even more for being able to step away from basketball and create his own brand. These little private coaching moments are where he can really thrive, then get back to building his empire. Much better than seeing him trying to coach the Kings or be an NBA analyst. I can see him doing these events for kids, young players, and international goodwill tours. Really builds the NBA brand.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:

He doesn't need one. He’ll be just fine under LeBron’s tutelage for the next few years. So will Lonzo.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject:

Kobe is like the new school Hakeem
PartyMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:02 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Batguano wrote:

He doesn't need one. He’ll be just fine under LeBron’s tutelage for the next few years. So will Lonzo.

Why not get some mentoring under LBJ AND Kobe?
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:16 am    Post subject:

splashmtn wrote:
Batguano wrote:
kobe aint the only person to work with. remember kobe wasnt working himself out when he was playing. who did kobe work with? other trainers. so dont kill BI or any other lakers for this.

now at some point in time. i do need to hear them all have gone to see kobe at least once.

Fair enough.

I agree. It doesn't need to happen YESTERDAY, as long as it happens at some point. And I know Ingram's been putting in the work this summer going through different skills trainers.

It's just a little disappointed it hasn't happened yet since Ingram has been talking about doing it since he came into the league. I believe even the Lakers management verbally encouraged him to seek out and train with Kobe during his exit interview.

Add the fact that Kuzma has already done it (along with countless other players from other teams) and it adds to the impatience...

Ingram has all the tools. I personally believe he has the highest upside of any of our young guys, because of his unique combination of skills and measurables. If he is able to acquire even 25% of Kobe's footwork/ballhandling skills he is going to be a problem in this league.

Hell, it's not JUST Ingram. I'm hoping that even LeBron can get some training in with Kobe and that they develop some kind of Apollo/Rocky bond.
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:51 pm    Post subject:

him shooting has me feeling things again. so beautiful
SuperboyReformed
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Kobe Bryant working with Candace Parker and Gabby Williams

splashmtn wrote:
MJST wrote:

good post MJ.

Anyone notice the detail he was showing them on that pull up jumper. most people will show the pull up and just do it and say see... like that. he half did the move to show the ladies the proper base you're supposed to have on that move for balance. watch how far his feet are apart, etc. that kind of specific training can make anyone a very good ball player, those that are already professionals could become elite.

He coaches the crap out of his little girls basketball team. like for real coaches them for multiple hours a day running the triangle.

He's getting in player stuff with anyone who asks around the league. now he's training WNBA ladies.

At minimum i see a Tex Winters/Asst coach in kobe at this point in time. Tex because he love's the detail off the game and how to create proper spacing. thats nerd stuff. we all know kobe is a basketball nerd. This is to me what makes kobe different than most other previous legendary players when it comes to their ability or lack thereof to coach well. And its usually the very athletic guys or some guy that was super big for his position. basically some anomaly type of situation, which hinders them from coaching well because they can't understand why other players dont get it like they did. but kobe with all of his abilities was/is such a hoops nerd. he will always want to teach others what he knows. he loves that. he loves passing on the knowledge. you can tell when he talks about working with his daughter and her team, you can tell when he's talking about helping out younger players. he loves it.

I stand by my belief that if he was fine with that travel and vanessa was too. Kobe would be one of the greatest coaches of all time.

hed be a great coach! But it sounds like he prefers coaching his girls since its part of his "housedad" life, and hell train athletes upon request, but the rest of the time he is working on his films and stuff. doesn't sound like he has much interest in coming back full time to the nba.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
Batguano wrote:

Fair enough.

I agree. It doesn't need to happen YESTERDAY, as long as it happens at some point. And I know Ingram's been putting in the work this summer going through different skills trainers.

It's just a little disappointed it hasn't happened yet since Ingram has been talking about doing it since he came into the league. I believe even the Lakers management verbally encouraged him to seek out and train with Kobe during his exit interview.

Add the fact that Kuzma has already done it (along with countless other players from other teams) and it adds to the impatience...

Ingram has all the tools. I personally believe he has the highest upside of any of our young guys, because of his unique combination of skills and measurables. If he is able to acquire even 25% of Kobe's footwork/ballhandling skills he is going to be a problem in this league.

Hell, it's not JUST Ingram. I'm hoping that even LeBron can get some training in with Kobe and that they develop some kind of Apollo/Rocky bond.

past few weeks I think Ingram's been back.

I think that any of the youngsters that are in Los Angeles should be taking advantage of working with Kobe. He's willing to teach anyone whom asks and makes the effort. It's very apparent.

Seeing him make jumpers again and the fact he's teaching his turnaround gets me misty eyed.
crazylakerfan001
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:45 pm    Post subject:

does anyone have the full list of players that have been influenced by kobe?
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:01 pm    Post subject:

I have always liked Candace Parker.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 4:57 pm    Post subject:

Bol wrote:
I have always liked Candace Parker.

So have I. And she's single now too.

Just...saying.
kentu_tiro
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:12 pm    Post subject:

I still remember that 1 summer Kobe supposedly worked with Kawhi and KL came into the season shooting fadeaways and pull up jumpers like Kobe.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:38 pm    Post subject:

Kobe teaching some more

https://www.instagram.com/p/BnrwRmYBteU/
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Kobe Bryant working with Candace Parker and Gabby Williams

splashmtn wrote:
MJST wrote:

good post MJ.

I think you might have a point, but coaching just doesn't pay enough. Also, I think he wants to make money in other ways, and it may take up his time. Magic makes money off investing in ripe businesses that need a guiding hand. Doesn't take a ton of his time, which is why he was open to working for the Dodgers and now the Lakers in a FO capacity. He has enough money, he is doing what he loves. I'm not quite sure where Kobe is going. He won his Oscar for an animated short, but it was about basketball. Will he continue to work with film, maybe on subjects NOT about basketball? Or is he going to parlay his basketball knowledge even further by using film??? Who knows???

Still, I think you are right, that he would actually be a very good coach, that he is perhaps more analytical and/or less stressed than some of the other guys. West was too stressed and didn't quite know how to get guys to play the way he played. I think Kobe has the ability to make people better than what they are, simply by showing them how to make their moves more efficient.
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 12:02 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Batguano wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
Batguano wrote:

Fair enough.

past few weeks I think Ingram's been back.

I think that any of the youngsters that are in Los Angeles should be taking advantage of working with Kobe. He's willing to teach anyone whom asks and makes the effort. It's very apparent.

Seeing him make jumpers again and the fact he's teaching his turnaround gets me misty eyed.

After listening to LFR Podcast with Micah Lancaster, I understand Ingram not working with Kobe for now. His training now is about developing every facet of his game, improving his weaknesses, like mastering the basics of everything.

Maybe, next offseason or the following, when it's time to polish some aspects of his game, working out with Kobe will have more impact. It's about timing.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: