Andrew Bynum Working Out At Lakers' Practice Facility
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crazylakerfan001
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:45 am    Post subject: Andrew Bynum Working Out At Lakers' Practice Facility

Quote:
Andrew Bynum worked out at the Los Angeles Lakers' practice facility this week as he pursues a return to the NBA.

While it wasn't an official workout with the Lakers, they gave him the opportunity for open gym runs.

Bynum hasn't played in the NBA since the 14-15 season.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/251120/Andrew-Bynum-Working-Out-At-Lakers-Practice-Facility

Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:48 am    Post subject:

Josh Smith also worked out at the Lakers facility, but Bynum might actually try auditioning for the Lakers since he has close ties with the Organization.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: Andrew Bynum Working Out At Lakers' Practice Facility

crazylakerfan001 wrote:
Quote:
Andrew Bynum worked out at the Los Angeles Lakers' practice facility this week as he pursues a return to the NBA.

While it wasn't an official workout with the Lakers, they gave him the opportunity for open gym runs.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/251120/Andrew-Bynum-Working-Out-At-Lakers-Practice-Facility

i ran into drew down in playa vista. we were at a coffee bean within those newer developments. actually that side of the developments are old now since they've expanded. It was weird because I realized that a lady that was a manager there was a classmate of mines from high school. I just realized it as i was ordering but I didnt say anything. Then I noticed there was a very tall person standing to the side of me(i'm 6'2). I was like wow whoever this is better be a ball player. lol. then as i stepped to the side to wait on my drink. i was like wait...thats my man drew. And the lady at the front was like "hi Andrew, long time no see." This was probably right after his last nba season. this was during the summer. He looked to be in great shape even then. This is when I thought. if it wasnt for those knees. some people here believed he didnt like to play ball. thats not true at all. he didnt like to always have to rehab from injury. anyone having to rehab from major injuries like that on back to back to back years. that would take a toll on your desire to play. it takes the fun out of it. but thats different then becoming a fat out of shape eddie curry type of player. i havent seen that from drew.
crazylakerfan001
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:10 am    Post subject: Re: Andrew Bynum Working Out At Lakers' Practice Facility

splashmtn wrote:
crazylakerfan001 wrote:
Quote:

i ran into drew down in playa vista. we were at a coffee bean within those newer developments. actually that side of the developments are old now since they've expanded. It was weird because I realized that a lady that was a manager there was a classmate of mines from high school. I just realized it as i was ordering but I didnt say anything. Then I noticed there was a very tall person standing to the side of me(i'm 6'2). I was like wow whoever this is better be a ball player. lol. then as i stepped to the side to wait on my drink. i was like wait...thats my man drew. And the lady at the front was like "hi Andrew, long time no see." This was probably right after his last nba season. this was during the summer. He looked to be in great shape even then. This is when I thought. if it wasnt for those knees. some people here believed he didnt like to play ball. thats not true at all. he didnt like to always have to rehab from injury. anyone having to rehab from major injuries like that on back to back to back years. that would take a toll on your desire to play. it takes the fun out of it. but thats different then becoming a fat out of shape eddie curry type of player. i havent seen that from drew.

I remember when everyone on here thought he was going to be the Franchise Player once Kobe Retired and all those hype videos LD2k used to make. The sad Part is that he retired before Kobe. If it weren't for the injuries and if he never got traded from the lakers I could see him being best center in the league right now.
PartyMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:12 am    Post subject:

I’m all for kicking the tires considering he is only 30 (!) I have my doubts about his ability to play in the NBA anymore, but I don’t see the downside to giving him a workout. Maybe a few years away from the game did some good for his knees. If he can provide 10-15 min a night, maybe hold him out of back to backs, he could prove to be a valuable contributor. The way his career turned out has always saddened me. Would be nice to see him get some closure being a role player on championship team for us.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:21 am    Post subject:

Remember, Lebron's Cavs gave bynum a look and the team suspended him for attitude. Was traded to the bulls, who cut him. What got him suspended was he would shoot the ball in practice games every time he touched the ball, no matter how far he was from the basket.

Bet that pissed LBJ off.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:38 am    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
Remember, Lebron's Cavs gave bynum a look and the team suspended him for attitude. Was traded to the bulls, who cut him. What got him suspended was he would shoot the ball in practice games every time he touched the ball, no matter how far he was from the basket.

Bet that pissed LBJ off.

I remember that wild crazy hair style Bynum was spotting.
JamezAmp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:42 am    Post subject:

Nah
crazylakerfan001
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:42 am    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:

Bet that pissed LBJ off.

Actually it was before Lebron Rejoined the Cavs when they gave Bynum a look.

And this is his practice shot chart:

http://i.imgur.com/fn9Rrya.png

lol
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:23 am    Post subject:

I was expecting this thread to be multiple pages by now, put some respect on Andrew Bynum's name
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:31 am    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:

Bet that pissed LBJ off.

LeBron was in Miami when all that happened.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:

Bet that pissed LBJ off.
so is that the real reason? or was it those knees again. because i thought he just couldnt sustain the play. he had a good game or 3 and then the knees. but you may be right. like i said. i think most of his issues stemmed from him being so young and so good having to deal with constant injuries. that would take its toll on anyone. some people act differently when faced with that kind of adversity over and over again. some guys just go into a full on depression and call it quits quickly. others start acting out to sabotage the last little smidgen of their career they have left.
watchME
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:06 am    Post subject:

Bynum would have been the toughest player in the NBA guy was never intimidated not even by shaq
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:17 am    Post subject:

watchME wrote:
Bynum would have been the toughest player in the NBA guy was never intimidated not even by shaq

He was arguably the best center in the NBA in 2012.
LongBeachPoly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:29 am    Post subject: Re: Andrew Bynum Working Out At Lakers' Practice Facility

crazylakerfan001 wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
crazylakerfan001 wrote:
Quote:

I remember when everyone on here thought he was going to be the Franchise Player once Kobe Retired and all those hype videos LD2k used to make. The sad Part is that he retired before Kobe. If it weren't for the injuries and if he never got traded from the lakers I could see him being best center in the league right now.

Yup, he’d definitely be competing w/ Greg Olden for best center in the league
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:21 pm    Post subject:

Starting to feel like we will give him a training camp invite. Luke will have plenty of feedback in this decision. If he does end up on the roster, it will look awkward that we passed on Cousins for Bynum. Maybe being able to actually see a guy make it through training camp and a few preseason games was the dealbreaker. I hope and I trust that FO will do their homework.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:26 pm    Post subject:

CLOSEOUT GAMES ARE KINDA EASY!
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:28 pm    Post subject:

Can he still sit on a bench and grow hair?
Dr. Funkbot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:43 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
watchME wrote:

All-star, triple double in the playoffs, I loved AB17! We have very little rim protection now, a healthy Bynum could contribute.

Not likely to happen I know, but I do have a soft spot for A-Bomb!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Funkbot wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
watchME wrote:

All-star, triple double in the playoffs, I loved AB17! We have very little rim protection now, a healthy Bynum could contribute.

Not likely to happen I know, but I do have a soft spot for A-Bomb!

Me 2, he helped us in the 2009 finals when he wasn’t even at 75% health wise
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 12:53 pm    Post subject:

No doubt Bynum had skill. He proved that, but health and attitude is what plagued this guy and the reason he dropped out of the league.

He has motivation to play for the first time in his career, why? Why all of a sudden does he really want to play? Hmmm...money, perhaps?

Sure, bring him in, let him shoot with the boys. Like I said, I wouldn't give this guy a roster spot unless he is 1) proven healthy and 2) has had a big attitude adjustment in the past 5-6 years.
RobinInHood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 1:13 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
No doubt Bynum had skill. He proved that, but health and attitude is what plagued this guy and the reason he dropped out of the league.

He has motivation to play for the first time in his career, why? Why all of a sudden does he really want to play? Hmmm...money, perhaps?

Sure, bring him in, let him shoot with the boys. Like I said, I wouldn't give this guy a roster spot unless he is 1) proven healthy and 2) has had a big attitude adjustment in the past 5-6 years.

Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Josh Smith also worked out at the Lakers facility, but Bynum might actually try auditioning for the Lakers since he has close ties with the Organization.

what happened to you? earlier you would be happy if a moving body was mentioned with the lakers.

now its exactly opposite
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:01 pm    Post subject:

RobinInHood wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

No doubt that **somebody** on the Lakers' staff watched the workout. There sure are a lot of windows above the courts. So, at least in my mind, he just had a very informal workout with the Lakers. If we don't hear something surprising in the next couple of days, the Lakers have probably passed (which is what should be expected).

--Anonymous
Lakeshow323
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:35 pm    Post subject:

Oh God no. Even if he was fully healthy and in shape, his skill set for the current NBA are dinosaur status.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5
Jump to: