World Cup for Zubac n Svi
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:56 pm    Post subject:

Can we get Zubac's highlights, please? Is CaChooka around?
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:45 am    Post subject:

I am from Croatia and watched Zubac last night. He was quite good. He get few really stupid fouls at the start of the game , some of them not his fault, ref were really bad.
He moved really well, looks sharp and quick. He protected the rim really really good few times. I know for three blocks. Maybe he had more. He is looking more explosive around the rim also.
We are playing really bad with the bad coach and its hard for our players to show everything they have. Especially Zubac and Zizic.
In general he had a nice game.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:56 am    Post subject:

They're showing highlights of both of them on Access Sportsnet. Show repeats at 8am. They're highlights starts around 45-50 min.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:07 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
I am from Croatia and watched Zubac last night. He was quite good. He get few really stupid fouls at the start of the game , some of them not his fault, ref were really bad.
He moved really well, looks sharp and quick. He protected the rim really really good few times. I know for three blocks. Maybe he had more. He is looking more explosive around the rim also.
We are playing really bad with the bad coach and its hard for our players to show everything they have. Especially Zubac and Zizic.

--Anonymous
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:35 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:

Thanks very excited to see big Improvement from Zu this year
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:38 am    Post subject:

https://www.nba.com/lakers/news/180914-svi-mykhailiuk-stars-ukraine-upset-over-spain
Lovefool
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:27 pm    Post subject:

Everytime i see Svi play he always shows me he's more than just a shooter, he is just a good well rounded basketball player. What a draft steal. Love this kid already.
lak_repeat
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Lovefool wrote:
Everytime i see Svi play he always shows me he's more than just a shooter, he is just a good well rounded basketball player. What a draft steal. Love this kid already.

Same feeling I had last year after see in person at summer League, last year Kuz, this year SVI.
Shaq4fon
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:35 pm    Post subject:

Zu highlights again Lithuania. He had a very good game. Croatia is a super talented team, but just awful coaches.
matigol
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:58 pm    Post subject:

Zu looks much leaner and quicker. Light on his feet. Change of diet?
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject:

Zu looks good.
Wolverine
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:34 pm    Post subject:

Shaq4fon wrote:
https://youtu.be/ziknuRvDq4E

Zu highlights again Lithuania. He had a very good game. Croatia is a super talented team, but just awful coaches.

Thanks!
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:38 pm    Post subject:

Shaq4fon wrote:

Thanks, bro. Man, he looks loads better than last year. Looks primed to make the kind of leap this year that we expected would come last year. I still think McGee starts since the goal is to play faster, but any production he can provide in spurts would go a long way in helping this team ascend to legitimate contender status.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:05 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Shaq4fon wrote:

Thanks, bro. Man, he looks loads better than last year. Looks primed to make the kind of leap this year that we expected would come last year. I still think McGee starts since the goal is to play faster, but any production he can provide in spurts would go a long way in helping this team ascend to legitimate contender status.

Now we know why the Lakers basically choose Zubac over Thomas Bryant even if Bryant has nice potential, Zu is a legit talent who just hasn’t been able to pan out in the NBA yet.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:24 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Judah wrote:
Shaq4fon wrote:

Now we know why the Lakers basically choose Zubac over Thomas Bryant even if Bryant has nice potential, Zu is a legit talent who just hasn’t been able to pan out in the NBA yet.

I don't know if they necessarily viewed it as choosing Zubac over Bryant. Pincus did speculate that they kept Zubac because it saved them money. On Bryant's end, maybe after a year of seeing his development up close, there were things about him that were either red flags, or they just weren't convinced that he would develop into the player they were hoping he'd be. Both of those could be true.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:40 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Judah wrote:
Shaq4fon wrote:

I don't know if they necessarily viewed it as choosing Zubac over Bryant. Pincus did speculate that they kept Zubac because it saved them money. On Bryant's end, maybe after a year of seeing his development up close, there were things about him that were either red flags, or they just weren't convinced that he would develop into the player they were hoping he'd be. Both of those could be true.

They kept Zubac because he can actually help us it wasn’t just about saving money, we couldn’t afford to lose him considering our thin front line and the fact that we couldn’t come to a agreement with a better big in Noel or Cousins.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:45 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Judah wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Judah wrote:
Shaq4fon wrote:

They kept Zubac because he can actually help us it wasn’t just about saving money, we couldn’t afford to lose him considering our thin front line and the fact that we couldn’t come to a agreement with a better big in Noel or Cousins.

How do you know that was the reason?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Judah wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Judah wrote:
Shaq4fon wrote:

Because Zu is actually a talented big who hasn’t reached his potential, I would have loved to see them add another big though but I am fine with a Zu/McGee front-line.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:55 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Judah wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Judah wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Judah wrote:
Shaq4fon wrote:

Because Zu is actually a talented big who hasn’t reached his potential, I would have loved to see them add another big though but I am fine with a Zu/McGee front-line.

But again, how do you know that the Lakers brought him back primarily because of what they think he can contribute, as opposed to saving money? You don't. He did not have a good season. That's why it was surprising that they brought him back. You can't say with a straight face that they saw how he played last season and became convinced that they couldn't afford to let him get away. Don't you think there's a reason they don't talk him up or ever mention him as part of the young core? They talk up every single young player they have except him. I mean, that's not a coincidence.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:58 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Judah wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Judah wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Judah wrote:
Shaq4fon wrote:

But again, how do you know that the Lakers brought him back primarily because of what they think he can contribute, as opposed to saving money? You don't. He did not have a good season. That's why it was surprising that they brought him back. You can't say with a straight face that they saw how he played last season and became convinced that they couldn't afford to let him get away. Don't you think there's a reason they don't talk him up or ever mention him as part of the young core? They talk up every single young player they have except him. I mean, that's not a coincidence.

Obviously the guy looks like he’s put in effort to get in great shape, that should be a sign that they trust him to play at a high level or they could have just treated him like a no body.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:35 pm    Post subject:

lol...okay, IG.
LakersForever123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:45 pm    Post subject:

I actually agree with Inspector Gadget.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:51 pm    Post subject:

LakersForever123 wrote:

That probably means you should think twice JK, IG.

Not everything he says is outrageous. I wouldn't even say that this is. I just don't agree. I have to squint really, really hard to see it that way. Again, it's no coincidence that they never speak of him as part of the young core. You'd expect them to if they were relatively high on him. I don't think it's reasonable to just ignore that fact and not wonder why.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:14 pm    Post subject:

LakersForever123 wrote:

+1. In an interview Zubac mentioned that he was told by Magic/Pelinka during his exit interview that he would receive more playing time this coming season. Have to believe they saw talent in him if they actually made that statement.
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:38 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
LakersForever123 wrote:

That probably means you should think twice JK, IG.

Not everything he says is outrageous. I wouldn't even say that this is. I just don't agree. I have to squint really, really hard to see it that way. Again, it's no coincidence that they never speak of him as part of the young core. You'd expect them to if they were relatively high on him. I don't think it's reasonable to just ignore that fact and not wonder why.

He isn't a key member of the core so why should they put him in that group?

The young core group have expectations of a higher potential and contributions over the next couple years. In the cases of Ball and Ingram there is an expectation (whether realistic or not) of elite NBA levels at their positions.

With Zubac the expectations are more modest. If he can be a consistent contributor this year it would be a win IMO. If he can consistently play 24+mpg with defensive energy and rebounding he would be a valuable complimentary player on this roster.

They are not expecting him to be the next Embid, Ayton or Stevens. If they can get a consistent level similar to Valanciunas, Poeltl or even a Plumlee they would be thrilled.

I would be too if he can earn the mpg, play defense and give the Lakers a nightly 8pts/7 rebounds. Anything more exceeds my expectations.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5
Jump to: