Canelo won 1st fight, GGG won 2nd fight
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 19

governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:00 pm    Post subject: GGG v Canelo

Curious, been reading a lot of GGG fan being displeased (I'm a fan of GGG too), personally thought it was an ok decision for Canelo to win by thin margin. Thought he took the first couple rounds and the optic of him not backing down looked good.

Good idea for Rd 3? Yes
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:10 pm    Post subject:

I thought GGG won by a narrow margin. I had it 115 114 GGG. He out boxed Canelo and almost dropped him in, I believe the 10th round. Alvarez is the money name. Like Teddy Atlas said, "Follow the money."

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:16 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
I thought GGG won by a narrow margin. I had it 115 114 GGG. He out boxed Canelo and almost dropped him in, I believe the 10th round. Alvarez is the money name. Like Teddy Atlas said, "Follow the money."

put your vote in Jodeke! I'm doing it for you!
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:47 pm    Post subject:

Thought GGG clearly won the first fight. The second fight was too close to call for me. I probably would have scored it a draw I'm okay with judges' decision going to Canelo. I didn't think it a decisive victory but Canelo did enough in the fight to where I don't have a problem with the outcome.

Can you imagine the pandemonium if this fight was called another draw?
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:49 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Thought GGG clearly won the first fight. The second fight was too close to call for me. I probably would have scored it a draw I'm okay with judges' decision going to Canelo. I didn't think it a decisive victory but Canelo did enough in the fight to where I don't have a problem with the outcome.

Can you imagine the pandemonium if this fight was called another draw?

I'm with you on both fights... gotta be honest, if the second one was called a draw, I'd kinda be ok with it too
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:03 pm    Post subject:

Canelo may have been given the fight because he was the aggressor. Some judges like those kind of fighters. I thought GGG won because he landed more punches.

Canelo-Golovkin Rematch - CompuBox Punch Stats

LINK

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
panamaniac
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:23 pm    Post subject:

It was quite obvious that in a close match, the judges would favor Canelo given that Golovkin took the first bout. Now they can go with the 'rubber match' narrative for part III.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:31 pm    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:
It was quite obvious that in a close match, the judges would favor Canelo given that Golovkin took the first bout. Now they can go with the 'rubber match' narrative for part III.

I don't think Alvarez will agree to a rematch. He has to much to lose.

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:18 pm    Post subject:

the thing that bothered me was I have heard multiple voices in the media that report on boxing state or allude to GGG was at fault because he had to know he was unlikely to get a victory by decision in Vegas....that this is just part of the sport....Canelo is young and being marketed as the future, and too many people in the sport have too much money to make off him, and will "take care of him" when they have a chance. Claiming that Canelo will likely need a knockout in his 30's if he is facing the next young big thing!

If that is true....how is it even a legitimate sport?
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:22 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
the thing that bothered me was I have heard multiple voices in the media that report on boxing state or allude to GGG was at fault because he had to know he was unlikely to get a victory by decision in Vegas....that this is just part of the sport....Canelo is young and being marketed as the future, and too many people in the sport have too much money to make off him, and will "take care of him" when they have a chance. Claiming that Canelo will likely need a knockout in his 30's if he is facing the next young big thing!

Sigh, cause we’ll still watch them, always. We like boxing too much, nothing gonna change unless majority of boxers go Mayweather way
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:31 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Sigh, cause we’ll still watch them, always. We like boxing too much, nothing gonna change unless majority of boxers go Mayweather way

I do hope it is fact not true. I need it to not be true to be enthused about boxing in the future.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:56 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
governator wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I do hope it is fact not true. I need it to not be true to be enthused about boxing in the future.

The animal in man will keep the sport up and running. The blood lust is the attraction. That why fans don't like Floyd. He's not a brawler, he's a boxer. No blood and guts. That's not appealing to many fans. They label it booorrrring.

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:06 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:
governator wrote:
adkindo wrote:

The animal is man will keep the sport up and running. The blood lust is the attraction. That why fans don't like Floyd. He's not a brawler, he's a boxer. That's not appealing to many fans. They label it booorrrring.

I love Floyd....yeah, I even admit some of his recent fights like Pacquiao probably crossed the line into somewhat boring. Heck, I enjoy seeing pro's struggle to hit the guy. More than anything, I just like watching people compete....at almost anything that I can understand what is taking place. (I have a teenage daughter that has been competing in dance since she was 5....probably been to 100's of weekend competitions, and still have no idea how scoring really works.....and absolutely hate watching other parents kids dance, which is the other 95% of the competition when my daughter is not on stage!) That being said, not sure i would enjoy it if I did not think the better competitor on that day would win.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:14 pm    Post subject:

I was talking about Mayweather the promoter, not the fighter.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:38 pm    Post subject:

Gone are the days when the best fought the best, the days of mandatory matches. Nowadays it's All About The Benjamin's.

Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:37 am    Post subject:

Couldn't see how the first was a draw, definitely can't see how the second was a Canelo win.

I watched the second fight again, to me it was 7-5 GGG.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:47 am    Post subject:

First fight GGG clearly won. 2nd fight I had as a draw. With 3 rounds that could've been scored either way.
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:48 am    Post subject:

i had canelo close on this one.

First off, i thought Canelo did the most damage. He worked the body and the head and didnt rely on 80 percent lazy Jabs. He actually put in the most work and was the aggressor. GGG fought scared imo. At least for the first half of the fight.
kcxiv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:50 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Canelo may have been given the fight because he was the aggressor. Some judges like those kind of fighters. I thought GGG won because he landed more punches.

LINK
alot of those was lazy jabs, most of canelo's punches were actually damaging punches. I dont get this, so if 1 guy throw lands 100 jabs and the other guy lands 70 power punches, how does the guy that lands 100 jabs doing more damage then the 70 power punches? I dont see how that works in favor of jabs that do little to no damage to fighters 90 percent of the time, are there some nice stinging jabs thrown? sure, but most of them were not.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:29 pm    Post subject:

kcxiv wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK
alot of those was lazy jabs, most of canelo's punches were actually damaging punches. I dont get this, so if 1 guy throw lands 100 jabs and the other guy lands 70 power punches, how does the guy that lands 100 jabs doing more damage then the 70 power punches? I dont see how that works in favor of jabs that do little to no damage to fighters 90 percent of the time, are there some nice stinging jabs thrown? sure, but most of them were not.

It's preference. I like a boxer. You say Canelo did the damage. Did you see him rocked. I thought he was going down, I believe round 10. Canelo was cut, GGG was unscathed.

kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Shame on GGG for only connecting on 6 body shots. Sure Canelo is fast and can counter. But GGG still handicapped himself.

This is the 3rd fight now he didn't knock out the opponent. He might want to adjust his approach the next time the 2 face off.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:23 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
kcxiv wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

It's preference. I like a boxer. You say Canelo did the damage. Did you see him rocked. I thought he was going down, I believe round 10. Canelo was cut, GGG was unscathed.

yeah, it was Round 10....I even responded to LG user "defense" in this thread during the fight.....Canelo almost tasted the canvas in the 10th, GGG was never close to going down....or at least it appeared that way to me.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
kcxiv wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

yeah, it was Round 10....I even responded to LG user "defense" in this thread during the fight.....Canelo almost tasted the canvas in the 10th, GGG was never close to going down....or at least it appeared that way to me.

maybe not tasted the canvas close but Canelo was definitely stunned in the 10th
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:32 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
kcxiv wrote:
jodeke wrote:

LINK

GGG of 2-3 years ago puts Canelo down in the 10th and keeps him there. Definitely had him hurt, but GGG was too old to finish the job this time. I still think GGG won, but I can see why people thought Canelo won (and I have no problem with it - not a robbery imo).
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:47 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:

yeah I admit, tasted the canvas was too strong
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: