Training Camp 2018
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 5:51 pm    Post subject:

Freddie Buckets wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
Judah wrote:
eureca wrote:
I feel like Lance was signed as a bench ball handler. After the surprising Rondo signing his role probably will be diminished. By midseason Svi might be a better fit to go with Rondo or Zo off the bench.

Not if Lance is shooting it well. And his shot has looked great in all the vids. Barely misses.

Yep noticed the same thing.

not to be a debbie downer, but they usually dont upload clips of the guy missing.

That's not exactly a secret. We all recognize that. But the footage we're referring to haven't been brief edits. They've been shooting contests, so you're seeing all of the makes and misses. Lance was one of the guys who made just about all of his shots.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:01 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
BI noted Lance's defense today.

But he doesn’t play defense according to Laker fans.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:08 pm    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
Judah wrote:
eureca wrote:
I feel like Lance was signed as a bench ball handler. After the surprising Rondo signing his role probably will be diminished. By midseason Svi might be a better fit to go with Rondo or Zo off the bench.

Not if Lance is shooting it well. And his shot has looked great in all the vids. Barely misses.

not to be a debbie downer, but they usually don't upload clips of the guy missing.
Yes, you are being a Debbie Downer. Your point, however, is completely accurate. The data that we are getting is biased. I can't wait for games to begin so that we can identify truth from fiction.

Sounds like you guys haven't actually watched. This footage isn't edited. There's plenty of misses here:

Lance was the only guy on either team who didn't miss once.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:14 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
Judah wrote:
eureca wrote:

not to be a debbie downer, but they usually don't upload clips of the guy missing.
Yes, you are being a Debbie Downer. Your point, however, is completely accurate. The data that we are getting is biased. I can't wait for games to begin so that we can identify truth from fiction.

Sounds like you guys haven't actually watched. This footage isn't edited. There's plenty of misses here:

Nah, Lance is only good during the year of the horse. This season ain't it for him.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:22 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Judah wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
Judah wrote:
eureca wrote:

Nah, Lance is only good during the year of the horse. This season ain't it for him.

Let it go Baron, let it go
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:32 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
Judah wrote:
eureca wrote:

Not arguing that he's going to shoot well. He was putrid last year at 29%. But if he can at least hit league average we should definitely expect him to be in the rotation.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:42 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Judah wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
Judah wrote:
eureca wrote:

Let it go Baron, let it go

I should link to the politics thread, but I won't.

The fun thing is that Stephenson was born in 1990, the year of the horse, and his best season was arguably 2014, also the year of the horse. You didn't inow that, did you, Jim?
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 6:46 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Judah wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
Judah wrote:
eureca wrote:

Not arguing that he's going to shoot well. He was putrid last year at 29%. But if he can at least hit league average we should definitely expect him to be in the rotation.

But Svi should be well above league average as a shooter, while probably being on par or better than Stephenson as a passer and defender. Seniority points to Stephenson getting more minutes, of course, and Svi could fall flat against legit NBA competition. We shall see.
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:14 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Judah wrote:
Annihilator wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
Judah wrote:
eureca wrote:

But Svi should be well above league average as a shooter, while probably being on par or better than Stephenson as a passer and defender. Seniority points to Stephenson getting more minutes, of course, and Svi could fall flat against legit NBA competition. We shall see.
Svi is going to make it extremely hard for the Lakers not to put him in the rotation.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:55 pm    Post subject:

LeBron walking at the end of the video during Svi’s shooting drill is freaking hilarious
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:06 pm    Post subject:

If it wasn’t for GT’s youtube vids, I would never have been able to immediately recognize him saying “play that kid” hahaha
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:38 pm    Post subject:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pYn9w7FHU2Y

I liked this Lakers season preview way more then when NBA TV had Grant Hill and Isiah Thomas a few days ago.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:43 pm    Post subject:

It looks like Lebron may not play in our first preseason game.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24808876/lebron-james-meet-los-angeles-lakers-coach-luke-walton-preseason-workload

Quote:
"I don't know," James told ESPN after practice Wednesday when asked about how he plans to manage the preseason schedule. "I don't need preseason games [at this stage of my career] to get ready."

If it's Lebron refusing to play simply because he feels like he doesn't need to, I don't like it. Unless he's hurt, he needs to be out there so that the team can build chemistry as a whole against real competition.
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:57 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/24808876/lebron-james-meet-los-angeles-lakers-coach-luke-walton-preseason-workload

Quote:
"I don't know," James told ESPN after practice Wednesday when asked about how he plans to manage the preseason schedule. "I don't need preseason games [at this stage of my career] to get ready."

If it's Lebron refusing to play simply because he feels like he doesn't need to, I don't like it. Unless he's hurt, he needs to be out there so that the team can build chemistry as a whole against real competition.

LeBron hasn't played pre-season games in the past though.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:00 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:

Quote:

It’s preseason. He’s been playing for a long time. The road trip will build that chemistry and camaraderie.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:02 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
slavavov wrote:

Quote:

It’s preseason. He’s been playing for a long time. The road trip will build that chemistry and camaraderie.

There's no substitute for building chemistry in real games against real opponents on the court though. This better not become a trend where Lebron is sitting out games at midseason for "rest" like he did in 2016-17.

Did Magic or Kareem ever sit out games when they weren't hurt just because they didn't feel like playing and wanted to prevent injury?
lordtrapula
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:53 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
CRoost wrote:
slavavov wrote:

Quote:

There's no substitute for building chemistry in real games against real opponents on the court though. This better not become a trend where Lebron is sitting out games at midseason for "rest" like he did in 2016-17.

Did Magic or Kareem ever sit out games when they weren't hurt just because they didn't feel like playing and wanted to prevent injury?

It'll be fine, Bron isn't known to miss a lot of games. I too would be a little worried if he doesn't play in pre-season but I'm not worried about him taking time off in the RS
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 10:53 pm    Post subject:

Bruh its pre-season. Relax
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:11 pm    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
CRoost wrote:
slavavov wrote:

Quote:

The studies behind injury prevention and how to treat fatigue have grown leaps and bounds since the Showtime era. That was over 30 years ago. It's a little silly to make that the standard. If the people who are actually educated enough to make these decisions recommend rest or limited minutes, people like us should humble ourselves and defer to their expertise. LeBron has been in the league for 16 years now. These conversations are going to take place routinely while he's here.
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:13 pm    Post subject:

CRoost wrote:
slavavov wrote:

Quote:

Regular season is now our preseason again...as fans we have to get back into the championship mindset.

#BannersOverBillboards
CervantesRises
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:15 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
slavavov wrote:
CRoost wrote:
slavavov wrote:

Quote:

The studies behind injury prevention and how to treat fatigue have grown leaps and bounds since the Showtime era. That was over 30 years ago. It's a little silly to make that the standard. If the people who are actually educated enough to make these decisions recommend rest or limited minutes, people like us should humble ourselves and defer to their expertise. LeBron has been in the league for 16 years now. These conversations are going to take place routinely while he's here.

Bron at 32 minutes per game and taking 6 games off each year is totally fine with me.

I want 16 wins in the playoffs.

#BannersOverBillboards
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:16 am    Post subject:

CervantesRises wrote:
Judah wrote:
slavavov wrote:
CRoost wrote:
slavavov wrote:

Quote:

Bron at 32 minutes per game and taking 6 games off each year is totally fine with me.

I want 16 wins in the playoffs.

You need to be greedy. I want 48 for back to back to back.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:59 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
slavavov wrote:
CRoost wrote:
slavavov wrote:

Quote:

I agree with you that we should humble ourselves and listen to people who are smarter and more educated than us. But there seems to be no reason to sit out a preseason game, especially the first one, for injury prevention, since it's the very first game and everyone's fresh right now. I definitely think we should limit Lebron's minutes to 32-35 a game, and maybe even less than that between Christmas and March when everyone's tired.

Also, Lebron choosing to sit out a game for rest is much different than the team's training or analytical staff holding him out of one game here and there for rest or injury prevention. If we should humble ourselves and defer to the experts who are smarter and more educated than us, so should Lebron.
lewis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:02 am    Post subject:

Lebron not playing preseason games in Clevelan when the roster was pretty much the same from last year is largely different for not playing preseason games on this team with so many new players. Luke needs to see different lineup combinations and he will probably be in most of them. I get that he does not need the games to get in shape, but they need to play together as much as possible to get used to each other. (I am not suggesting he plays more than 20m per game, but to give Luke the chance to see him with different surrounding cast).
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:21 am    Post subject:

LBJ has a ton of miles on him, is one of the best ever to do it and knows more about what it takes to be ready and compete then anybody on this messageboard. If he says he doesn’t need preseason, then I trust him.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8
Jump to: