T-Mac you (bleep)!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
George W Buss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:

KG shouldve gone for the basket when he was just 3 ft from the rim, instead of passing out 30 ft away to Kobe...

Interesting decision right?
He doesn't have the clutch mentality and therefore he really is the perfect fit for someone like Kobe

Last edited by George W Buss on Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
jmac78
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:00 pm    Post subject:

Bron deserved the MVP for this game. He was out to prove something tonight. If the West won, TMac would be MVP.

No biggie. Kobe's already been there and done that.
uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject:

BTW when did the west all star team turn into the Lakers. They looked just like us the way they blew the big lead and were unable to make the big plays down the stretch.
George W Buss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:08 pm    Post subject:

uberzev wrote:
BTW when did the west all star team turn into the Lakers. They looked just like us the way they blew the big lead and were unable to make the big plays down the stretch.

At least Lakers did not blow up a 21 point lead ...
George W Buss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject:

uberzev wrote:

At least Lakers did not blow up a 21 point lead ...
Sister Golden Hair
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject:

Judging by the incredibly flat trajectory of the ball o T-Mac's final jumper ... I thought he was fouled. I hate it when Refs swallow their whistle.

SGH
Nynuk
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject:

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
Judging by the incredibly flat trajectory of the ball o T-Mac's final jumper ... I thought he was fouled. I hate it when Refs swallow their whistle.

SGH

Yeah, Lebron was not even close to getting ball on that one. Got him about halfway up the forearm. Would've loved to see OT.
Supa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject:

He was fouled, but it was a horrible attempt. He just tried to flat out shoot it over Lebron. He had plenty of time to get up a better shot than that.
msb212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:42 pm    Post subject:

whatever - kobe was missing everythig he shot. rather have tmac miss than kobe.
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:44 pm    Post subject:

dont blame mac man, he got fouled. Even Lebron admited he got his hand. Also Tmac did too in his post game interview.

I think they real reason why we lost was in the third quarter with Avery's rotations. It sucked big time with Gasol, Ray Allen, and Tony Parker. When the lead got down to 10 he should of put back some of the real players.
Sister Golden Hair
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject:

Supa wrote:
He was fouled, but it was a horrible attempt. He just tried to flat out shoot it over Lebron. He had plenty of time to get up a better shot than that.

If he was fouled, he was fouled. He should have shot free throws. By NOT blowing the whistle, the Refs dictated the outcome.

SGH
NOODLESTYLE
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject:

Kobe did the right thing. If he would've missed it, Kobe would've been hated on because he would be an extreme ball hog for not passing it to T-mac. If Kobe had made that shot he would've been criticized for not passing it to the obvious hometown hero in T-mac.
Supa
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject:

Supa wrote:

If he was fouled, he was fouled. He should have shot free throws. By NOT blowing the whistle, the Refs dictated the outcome.

SGH

The refs suck. Nothing new.
lakers0505
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject:

^ , not as made as those nfl ref's now their sickening,.. u know what i mean if u saw the playoffs, it was puke.
Sister Golden Hair
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject:

Supa wrote:
Supa wrote:

SGH

The refs suck. Nothing new.

The refs have to police themselves better. Blown calls that directly affect outcomes should have a consequence for the refs. Some of these clowns seemingly go out of their way to screw up. They could institute some type in instant replay review for action within the last minute of play of eash quarter/half. Maybe give one challenge per team. If not that, then TRY SOMETHING, because the reffing is getting worse, not better. At least try to rectify egregiously bad calls/no calls.

SGH
superboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject:

So, is there now officially some kind of controversy for every All-Star event? That's too funny.

You know, whenever there's some kind of "agenda" in these All-Star games, it always ends up not really working. Like today, they wanted to make sure McGrady gets the MVP, but maybe the West would have won if they played a bit more naturally. In the dunk contest, instead of force Nate to win, they should have just let the dunks do the talking, and avoid the controversy.
Two years ago, in Jordan's last All-Star, how many times did they give him the opportunity to get off a buzzer beater? And then he finally made one, but you know, it just doesn't feel real when it's that forced. And they lost anyway, so it was worthless.

The NBA's gotta avoid all this sob-story BS, just let the players play...quit trying to force dramatic situations, it doesn't work. Real life is always more dramatic than fiction anyway.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Charles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:09 pm    Post subject:

The play was for T-Mac, it was obvious from the start that everyone, including Kobe, wanted T-Mac to win the MVP in front of the crowd. Didn't you hear what Kobe said when the game ran out? He wanted it that badly.
FredG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject:

Lebron is a punk!

Sister Golden Hair
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject:

superboy wrote:
So, is there now officially some kind of controversy for every All-Star event? That's too funny.

You know, whenever there's some kind of "agenda" in these All-Star games, it always ends up not really working. Like today, they wanted to make sure McGrady gets the MVP, but maybe the West would have won if they played a bit more naturally. In the dunk contest, instead of force Nate to win, they should have just let the dunks do the talking, and avoid the controversy.
Two years ago, in Jordan's last All-Star, how many times did they give him the opportunity to get off a buzzer beater? And then he finally made one, but you know, it just doesn't feel real when it's that forced. And they lost anyway, so it was worthless.

The NBA's gotta avoid all this sob-story BS, just let the players play...quit trying to force dramatic situations, it doesn't work. Real life is always more dramatic than fiction anyway.

Not really. Judging by the number of people on this board, I wouldn't say life is more dramatic than fiction.

Quite the contrary.

SGH
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject:

How about that "carrying" call by the refs? I wonder when was the last time a ref called a player for carrying in an All-Star game. They screwed up tonight. But in the end, I think all the top perimeter players got their glory.

T-Mac had the game-high in points, Kobe made a clutch game-tying fade away, Lebron got the MVP, Wade made the game winner. It's just unfortunate that the refs robbed the fans of an overtime.

I have no problem with T-Mac taking that last shot. I was actually hoping it would go to him. Would've made a nice "hometown hero" story. And for once the blame can't fall on Kobe. Kobe would've been criticized whether he made it or not. So I don't mind that T-Mac took it.
Nynuk
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:17 pm    Post subject:

superboy wrote:

I agree. As cute as that New Orleans kid is, does TNT and the NBA really have to parade him around from event to event? He was sitting in Kobe's lap during the charity game before the season. That was nice and everything, but they really overdid it with this kid. They managed to get him on TV about 4-5 times this weekend.
Sister Golden Hair
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject:

Nynuk wrote:
superboy wrote:

I agree. As cute as that New Orleans kid is, does TNT and the NBA really have to parade him around from event to event? He was sitting in Kobe's lap during the charity game before the season. That was nice and everything, but they really overdid it with this kid. They managed to get him on TV about 4-5 times this weekend.

I just wish they had mentioned that he was also blind and dying of a mysterious, incurable ailment before the game, but that when LeBron gave him his sweaty jersey after the game, LeBron's incredibly manly essence healed the kid completely. He now has 20-20 vision, and has grown six inches in the last half-hour.

LeBron: when you need a Messiah, you know who to call.

Me, I'm still waiting for that sermon on the mount.

SGH
G1 Hydrogenic
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject:

if West wanted to win the game, they would've given the ball to Kobe, but they didn't
cmonkee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 11:53 pm    Post subject:

i know its just the all-star game; but a couple random thoughts:

Kobe: was def. trying to get T-mac the MVP; great all-around game. You want to know what respect is? Respect is having your opponents consistently double team you on the perimeter, as soon as you get the ball… in the all star game. SIIIICK clutch jumper after the dribble between the legs , couldn't tell if he got fouled or lost the ball at the end there; but it provides a nice segue into:

KG: you got the offensive rebound with around 5 secs left to go. you're 7 feet tall, and a decent free-throw shooter. why are you not going up for the putback that close to the basket? oh well, i guess its just not part of your personality. demand a trade to LA so we can pair you with the one guy to perfectly complement your game

LeBron: you know what? I actually didn’t like the game he played tonight. He obviously wanted MVP from the get go… and it showed. MVP for the all-star game usually goes to the winning team’s high scorer… thing is, LeBron game felt forced; he rarely made the pass/play; opting for 1 on 1 scoring. I didn’t feel the love for LeBron from his East teammates; who seemingly looked to him as a last resort; since they knew they wouldn’t be getting the ball back. Yes, I know a lot of this sounds like the usual hate Kobe gets; but I think it’s a different standard for the all-star game. Its almost as the players on each team try to decide who the MVP will be; and for the west, they clearly were trying to set up….

T-Mac: who had a solid shooting night; save for that terrible shot at the end of the game. yet, the only thing I could think about T-Mac was just how silly he looked in that headband Sadly, in terms of basketball, tonight’s true MVP was:

The Piston’s 4/Billups: I was bored as hell when they played together in the 2nd quarter… but I think their defensive run in the 3rd was what turned the game into a 2 pt. game for the East vs. a blowout victory for the west. Sure, it wasn’t flashy at all; with them practically playing their brand of b-ball; but it was effective…. which is why I’d rather them not make the all-star team – maybe Billups deserves to be there; with his big 3’s, but not all of ‘em. Playing ‘em all at the same time took the luster out of the game; there was a serious dearth of dunks w/ those guys in the game. Which is fine for the Detroit Pistons; but this is the All-Star game – where winning/losing doesn’t really matter; it’s really just highlight-production machine. Show > game in the All-Star game. This is the game where Shaq’s antics are actually funny – when there’s nothing really at stake.
KingKobe8thWonder
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:19 am    Post subject:

Yes T-Mac may have been fouled at the end of the game but that doesnt not make it a TERRIBLE SHOT!!!!!

Ok the west was down by 2, now i thought they were gonna go for the go ahead 3 to win the game but i figured if they go for a 2 it iwll be a drive to the basket for an easy 2!!

What happened?? T-mac takes a Loooong two point shot??!?!?!? If you arent going for the win why take a game tie-ing two from so far away??? He might as well have shot a 3 if he wanted a long shot!!

By the way Kobes clutch move at the end!! Sick
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: