Observations from Preseason Game 1
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KB824MJ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:26 pm    Post subject: Observations from Preseason Game 1

1st- defense needs to improve. Their was plenty of plays where no one would even move to the open man
2- Shooting needs to improve as well
3rd- meme team is for real, dumb plays by all them.
4- Ingram looked for real, but still gets bullied.
5- Kuz seems a bit slower. Possibly that added weight on him. Was missing a ton of shots.
6- need to know how to play with and without LeBron
7- remember it's only preseason too many fouls called. Every time down after a score seemed like a foul call.

Don't worry guys we will be alright, but temper emotions, we will probably start off really slow, especially with our schedule.

It was fun watching them play, they will be okay, but let's not forget too many players that don't know each other.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:28 pm    Post subject:

There were some fun stretches.
KB824MJ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:29 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
There were some fun stretches.
There definitely was, first play of game Rondo to Mcgee. I enjoyed myself. Lost my voice there. Don't know stats though, the box score wasn't working
818fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Why are every one of your observations negative?
Mamba&Magic
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:33 pm    Post subject:

Excited to have the Lakers back on. Happy about some of it, frustrated with other parts. Cohesion is going to be an issue for awhile. It's preseason so no big deal.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:36 pm    Post subject:

Any scouting reporting on McGee? were you Impressed? Seems like the only thing holding him back from being huge for us is asthma issues, will be interesting to see how many mins he gets once he has to deal with the grind of a 82 game season.
KB824MJ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:37 pm    Post subject:

818fan wrote:
not every one of them I did say BI looked good, but not much to be happy about. Javale is way better as he knows how to get open as the roll man. Guys looked winded a bit. First game though and it will get better
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:38 pm    Post subject:

My take away was that as much as they tried, the pace just isn't the same without Zo. It will be at another level once he returns.
Peppe89
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:39 pm    Post subject:

McGee is not the Shaqtin' A Fool MVP anymore
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:42 pm    Post subject:

OCWA wrote:
My take away was that as much as they tried, the pace just isn't the same without Zo. It will be at another level once he returns.

Amazing how the media disrespects Zo, dude is obviously a Impact player, when he’s in the game the whole team feeds off his energy.. can’t wait to have him back.
Peppe89
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:43 pm    Post subject:

818fan wrote:
'

Kuz and KCPs shots weren't falling but thats what preseason is for, get back into shape and get in a groove

loved what I saw from Ingram playing off ball w/ Bron (and just what I saw from him overall)

Rondo is one hell of a floor general but we already knew that

McGee isn't going to be great every game, but he really can be a difference maker on the court sometimes

Lance won't make always make all the shots he made either, but his energy was clear

Svi showed great defense tonight and that guy has talent to steal the ball. But stil need experience to pull 3 open shots in NBA games (its not the problem i think)

can't wait to see how much better the 2nd unit looks when Lonzo is back, so Rondo/Lonzo is always out there directing the show

and finally THANK GOD BASKETBALL IS BACK

I really wanna support Zu but damn it looked like he was struggling to even catch the ball tonight
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:18 pm    Post subject:

Well, so much for bringing in seasoned vets to teach the youngsters...

I have a feeling that Beasley, Stephenson and McGee are prone to making bone-head plays and we certainly don't need the youth movement duplicating those types of plays..
AY2043
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:23 pm    Post subject:

unleasHell wrote:

I have a feeling that Beasley, Stephenson and McGee are prone to making bone-head plays and we certainly don't need the youth movement duplicating those types of plays..

I’m more scared of Stephenson/Beas than McGee. Sure McGee has mental lapses occasionally, but in general he knows his role and stays within himself. The other two have the potential to single handedly shoot us out of games
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:27 pm    Post subject:

The game will look a lot more smooth with Lonzo back. Rondo was great tonight but there’s just something about Lonzo.

Zubac only getting 7 mins tonight pretty much shows us where he is on the depth chart. A D-leaguer got more minutes

Gonna take a lot for svi to steal minutes away from lance imo. I just don’t see it happening this season.

Rondo should def be the backup imo. 7 rebounds and 11 assist in 23 mins 😱 i feel like we need his leadership when lebron sits and to bring that awesome bench unit together.

I was all for KCP starting but after tonight I’m thinking maybe hart after all.

Right now I like the idea of

Lonzo
Hart
Ingram
Lebron
Javale

Rondo
Kcp
Lance
Beasley
Kuzma
PICKnPOP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:29 pm    Post subject:

AY2043 wrote:
unleasHell wrote:

I’m more scared of Stephenson/Beas than McGee. Sure McGee has mental lapses occasionally, but in general he knows his role and stays within himself. The other two have the potential to single handedly shoot us out of games

Which is why I think you need rondo on the second unit with them to keep them in check.

Our bench could be awesome...or a detriment to the team
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Peppe89 wrote:

Maybe so, but he had his moments this game...its good comic relief, hopefully he doesn't cost us games.

Beasley on the other hand rubbed off on Kuz and they both looked awful as a result. I don't think Kuz and Beas should on the floor as your front court at the same time

Stephenson had nice stats but he made the worst impact, not sure what to make of it to be honest.

The Meme team was MUD tonight eww

Pg Lonzo
Sg Kawhi
Sf Ingram
Pf Lebron
C Dedmon

Bench: Caruso, Hart, Bullock, Kuzma, McGee etc
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:32 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:
The game will look a lot more smooth with Lonzo back. Rondo was great tonight but there’s just something about Lonzo.

Zubac only getting 7 mins tonight pretty much shows us where he is on the depth chart. A D-leaguer got more minutes

Gonna take a lot for svi to steal minutes away from lance imo. I just don’t see it happening this season.

Rondo should def be the backup imo. 7 rebounds and 11 assist in 23 mins 😱 i feel like we need his leadership when lebron sits and to bring that awesome bench unit together.

Lonzo
Hart
Ingram
Lebron
Javale

Rondo
Kcp
Lance
Beasley
Kuzma

My preference of lineup definitely resemble yours. Guys like Zu and Svi should get minutes in case of injuries but that should be our rotation 10 deep.
KB824MJ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Any scouting reporting on McGee? were you Impressed? Seems like the only thing holding him back from being huge for us is asthma issues, will be interesting to see how many mins he gets once he has to deal with the grind of a 82 game season.
He definitely looks good, quite fast on his feet, had a couple blocks, good shot blocker. But, with the team at 5 fouls he intentionally fouled to get out of the game, even though we were down by 10 at that point. So yeah, the asthma is an issue.

@Peppe890 that's my take as well. Even Svi was missing his open shots, just everyone rusty. Scrimmages are nothing like the game. But I saw some impressive things from Lebron and Ingram together. Bron had half of his assists just to BI.

@unlesHell- Yeah, that was evident in this game as well. Stephenson tossed a turnover right at defender, and I believe McGee had one or two derps....Believe Stephenson was out of bounds and tried a cross court lazy pass to rondo, I think.

I am rooting for Zu but...he fumbled 2-3 passes tonight and that's been a good stigma of his for a bit now. He seems to fumble passes often and I'm not quite sure why. I am rooting for him, crowd loved him but hopefully he can turn it around. Didn't play well tonight.
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject:

Not sure about bron at the 4. Kcp was useless out there...both ends. BI looked good. Lance was also impressive. The dropoff from randle to kuz at center is hugeeeeeee. Thats barbQ-chicken down low. Zubac needs more playing time. Our post game is nonexistent
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:50 pm    Post subject:

Peppe89 wrote:

He never should have been in the first place. People gave too much credibility to Shaq and his bullying.
KB824MJ
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 9:50 pm    Post subject:

calistrtballr wrote:
Not sure about bron at the 4. Kcp was useless out there...both ends. BI looked good. Lance was also impressive. The dropoff from randle to kuz at center is hugeeeeeee. Thats barbQ-chicken down low. Zubac needs more playing time. Our post game is nonexistent
The experiment with Kuz at the 5 definitely didn't look like it would work that game. Seemed a bit slower on his feet, Jokic on one play ran around him like he wasn't there.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:00 pm    Post subject:

calistrtballr wrote:

Couldn't agree more.. I'm hoping Luke's obsession with small ball doesn't hurt us this season. We don't have the personnel for it.

We need a decent back up big for balance.
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:01 pm    Post subject:

PICKnPOP wrote:

Lonzo
Hart
Ingram
Lebron
Javale

Rondo
Kcp
Lance
Beasley
Kuzma

My Current 10-Man is close. I don't think we can have Kuz or Bease at the 5 this year. In 2 years when Kuz has the right bbiq and fully mature body, sure. I don't think Bease is capable of it all. We might have to suck it up with Zu and hope he gets out of this prolonged funk or see promise from Moe. Maybe invite a random big to camp just to sign another big body that we can waive later. Bynum? Bogut would actually be decent right now.

Lonzo
Hart
Ingram
Lebron
Javale

Rondo
Kcp
Lance
Kuz
Zu

Bease can swap for the 3 or 4 if needed. We will see if Svi and Moe are consistent enough this year.

I saw a lot of promise today so no need to panic. Let's get it
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:18 pm    Post subject:

We lack size and knock down shooters

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
scoobs
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:41 pm    Post subject:

I like the way McGee wa utilized. Makes me feel AD would really excel in that role. Or maybe ad a Tyson Chandler as a back up. Seems a rim running center is good fo go with LB/Rondo/Ball.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6
Jump to: