How do you feel about the Center position?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RusselDoeee01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:30 am    Post subject:

Not worried...

Jokic is one of the FEW good big men left in the league... He is possibly the worst matchup for us and we just so happened to play him in the first game...
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:31 am    Post subject:

RusselDoeee01 wrote:
Not worried...

Jokic is one of the FEW good big men left in the league... He is possibly the worst matchup for us and we just so happened to play him in the first game...

Jokic is so damn good.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:38 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Baron Von Humongous wrote:
CantStopJM wrote:
Y’all are forgetting one big factor, Brook is probably starting in Milwaukee, it takes two parties to sign. Maybe that enticed Brook more than being a bench guy.

I think he'd have started here, too

hate crying over spilled milk, but for the combined price of under 6m, a Brook/Javale rotation would have been decent.

Yup, nothing to do about it now. Hopefully Gortat or Chandler hit the waiver wire soon.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:46 am    Post subject:

Interior defense is the biggest question mark right now. It was only one pre-season game, but I don't see where it's coming from and how it will be decent. Kuz is going to get beat up if he has to guard 5s.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:07 pm    Post subject:

So it really took last night's game for people to realize how much we’ll miss Brook? I don't even know what to say.
BlackStarMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:10 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
That Kubac guy is horrible. It seems he's actually gotten worse, instead of better.

I dont know who Kubac is, but I bet he's better than Zubac at this point
NotHype
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:15 pm    Post subject:

We are going to have to play Wagner heavy minutes
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
So it really took last night's game for people to realize how much we’ll miss Brook? I don't even know what to say.

It takes 1 preseason game for people to overreact, I understand that we want our team to look good, but all the preseason games so far have been boring and sloppy, the Hornets have been a nice surprise so far but a lot of teams and players struggle at the early stages of pre season.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:37 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
activeverb wrote:
2019 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
It is still early to worry about the C position a lot of bigs will likely be available during the season..

Koufus
Tyson Chandler
Marcin Gortat
Vucevic

We can weather the storm until the FO eventually settles for another big..

I think Tyson eventually get's bought out.. hopefully he starts putting pressure on them to do so before December.

He would be the best we could do without giving up much to get him.

From all the reports, the Sun have no plans to buy him out.

In fact, last year they asked him if he would prefer being traded to a contender or staying with the team and he told them he wanted to stay.

He's already got a ring, so I don't think he cares that much about latching onto a contender as a backup. He seems to like being in Phoenix and mentoring the guys there.

He’s from LA and LA didn’t have a contender last year. Coming home and winning a ring is more intriguing than going to live in Cleveland/OKC/Toronto etc.

This exactly.

Tyson would be more than happy to be bought out if he knew he'd come home play for LA.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Even when we had big bodies like Brook and Mosgov and Hibbert, we haven’t been able to defend good bigs in the recent past. I don’t believe Zubac is the answer and out of the new guys I like Beasley the least but I think the center position minutes should break down like

McGee - 24
Lebron - 12
Beasley/Zu - 12

McGee would basically play the first half of each quarter, then Lebron would finish the game at C with a

Zo/rondo
Hart/KCP
Bi
Kuzma
Bron

Lineup. There isn’t really a solution to stopping guys like Towns, Embiid or Jokic unless you have Embiid/gobert/Drummond and we don’t have one.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:47 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
2019 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
It is still early to worry about the C position a lot of bigs will likely be available during the season..

Koufus
Tyson Chandler
Marcin Gortat
Vucevic

I think Tyson eventually get's bought out.. hopefully he starts putting pressure on them to do so before December.

In fact, last year they asked him if he would prefer being traded to a contender or staying with the team and he told them he wanted to stay.

He's already got a ring, so I don't think he cares that much about latching onto a contender as a backup. He seems to like being in Phoenix and mentoring the guys there.

It reminds me of Brook last season and Hibbert before him. Aging bigs who see the challenge of motivating young players and teaching them the ropes.
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:48 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
activeverb wrote:
2019 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Koufus
Tyson Chandler
Marcin Gortat
Vucevic

He’s from LA and LA didn’t have a contender last year. Coming home and winning a ring is more intriguing than going to live in Cleveland/OKC/Toronto etc.

This exactly.

Tyson would be more than happy to be bought out if he knew he'd come home play for LA.

This would be awesome.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:04 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
activeverb wrote:
2019 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Koufus
Tyson Chandler
Marcin Gortat
Vucevic

He’s from LA and LA didn’t have a contender last year. Coming home and winning a ring is more intriguing than going to live in
Cleveland/OKC/Toronto etc.

I know he went to high school in Compton; I have no idea whether that means he has a special desire to play for the Lakers.

Anyway, I've seen no indication that the Sun plan to buy him out, though there have been reports of their interest to trade him for a second pick. We'll see what happens, but I wouldn't factor him into any plans at this point.

Last edited by activeverb on Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:13 pm    Post subject:

iimarshon wrote:
2019 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
activeverb wrote:
2019 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Koufus
Tyson Chandler
Marcin Gortat
Vucevic

This exactly.

This would be awesome.

Don’t also ignore the good possibility of Ariza making his way back to the Lakers during the season, if the Suns are struggling mightily...
George W Buss
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:17 pm    Post subject:

AD please
I am not too worried at the moment. It was just one preseason game against one of the best centers in the league.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:36 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:

A few of us were very disappointed when the FO decided they simply didn't want Lopez, who stated his wish to return at the exit conference last spring.

Yeah it's only 1 game. One game of our backup seven foot rim protector looking successively like more of an overwhelmed middle school kid each training camp than he looked the year before, during a period where every player deemed part of our 'young core' has shown significant improvement. It's starting to become apparent that there's a reason Zu's being left out of those 'young core' conversations, even though he's the same age. I hope he changes this quickly. I hope we all missed something big, and that maybe he was just feeling sick or something.

First impression is I think we're screwed at the 5 until another legitimate big frees up to help McGee. And it was stupid not to re-sign Lopez.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:57 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Judah wrote:

A few of us were very disappointed when the FO decided they simply didn't want Lopez, who stated his wish to return at the exit conference last spring.

Yeah it's only 1 game. One game of our backup seven foot rim protector looking successively like more of an overwhelmed middle school kid each training camp than he looked the year before, during a period where every player deemed part of our 'young core' has shown significant improvement. It's starting to become apparent that there's a reason Zu's being left out of those 'young core' conversations, even though he's the same age. I hope he changes this quickly. I hope we all missed something big, and that maybe he was just feeling sick or something.

First impression is I think we're screwed at the 5 until another legitimate big frees up to help McGee. And it was stupid not to re-sign Lopez.

Couldn't agree with every word of this more, especially the bolded. I've made the same argument.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:01 pm    Post subject:

CantStopJM wrote:
Y’all are forgetting one big factor, Brook is probably starting in Milwaukee, it takes two parties to sign. Maybe that enticed Brook more than being a bench guy.

From press reports, I get the impression Brook was interested in coming back but the Lakers didn't think he was athletic enough for the style they wanted to play.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:06 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
Judah wrote:

Couldn't agree with every word of this more, especially the bolded. I've made the same argument.

It's hard for me to think the Lakers thought Zubac was anything more than a project; I didn't think it was even a given they would pick up his option. After last year, I'd be shocked if they really penciled him into the rotation, but who knows?
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:16 pm    Post subject:

I need to see more.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:20 pm    Post subject:

I don't understand the Cousins talk when he's coming off what is probably the worse injury an NBA player can have,especially for someone like him and we don't even know when he's coming back. Dude is probably going to be terrible this season.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:28 pm    Post subject:

If we can’t solve our big man rotation this season by getting another big.. why not go after DeAndre Jordan? even Marc Gasol will be a FA next summer, everyone is focusing on the big names when there is a lot of secondary stars who can be huge for us.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:33 pm    Post subject:

Worried as I've been for a while. McGee is fine but when we go to the bench or small it might get problematic. I'm gonna miss Randle that's for sure.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:36 pm    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
Worried as I've been for a while. McGee is fine but when we go to the bench or small it might get problematic. I'm gonna miss Randle that's for sure.

Randle isn’t a big though and that is our weakness he is more of a small ball big like Beasley and LeBron, we need a real big like DJ or Marc Gasol.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:39 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

Randle isn’t a big though and that is our weakness he is more of a small ball big like Beasley and LeBron, we need a real big like DJ or Marc Gasol.

Actually small ball C is our problem one game in. Kuzma and Beasley did not get it done yesterday. Our only rotation real big (McGee) did fine as expected.

Again, one game in. Hopefully they figure it out.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 3 of 37
Jump to: