How do you feel about the Center position?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:17 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
We're gonna need to trade for a backup C using a 2nd rounder or 2.

Do we?

I don't exactly feel the Lakers are championship contenders just yet, especially when 2019 is the big year, so why throw a pick?

Teams aren't even done with their roster cuts.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:20 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

Do we?

I don't exactly feel the Lakers are championship contenders just yet, especially when 2019 is the big year, so why throw a pick?

To get a QUALITY backup C I think we'll need to throw a 2nd rounder. I have no problems with that because we dont need anymore 2nd rounders while Lebron is here, we need ready to go talent. We're not contenders but right now we have only 1 legit NBA center on the roster and he can only play 24 MPG maximum. I'm not comfortable with Kuz or Zu at the backup 5. The rebounding and interior D will be abysmal without Javale.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:45 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

Do we?

To get a QUALITY backup C I think we'll need to throw a 2nd rounder. I have no problems with that because we dont need anymore 2nd rounders while Lebron is here, we need ready to go talent. We're not contenders but right now we have only 1 legit NBA center on the roster and he can only play 24 MPG maximum. I'm not comfortable with Kuz or Zu at the backup 5. The rebounding and interior D will be abysmal without Javale.

Right, but why throw a pick for a temporary replacement?

I disagree about not needing picks. That mentality is exactly why the Shaq/Kobe championship window wasn't as long as it should have been, and arguably why they didn't need more.

LeBron isn't some spring chicken either.

Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

Do we?

We should see how the team does, they can be world beaters for all we know
Four Decade Bandwagon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:57 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

Do we?

What quality C are you thinking is going to be available for a 2nd?

Lakers have options if they are so inclined to to do so. Just this latest batch of vets released offer minimal cost options for a backup. Maybe a more interesting option gets released in the next week. Maybe they have more confidence in the current rotation them most of us.

Does a 2nd suddenly put them into a pool of available quality backup centers? Not sure it does.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:27 pm    Post subject:

Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

Do we?

Lakers have options if they are so inclined to to do so. Just this latest batch of vets released offer minimal cost options for a backup. Maybe a more interesting option gets released in the next week. Maybe they have more confidence in the current rotation them most of us.

Does a 2nd suddenly put them into a pool of available quality backup centers? Not sure it does.

call Vlade, he has too many bigs and has not embarrassed himself with a poor trade in a while
chantruong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Four Decade Bandwagon wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

Do we?

call Vlade, he has too many bigs and has not embarrassed himself with a poor trade in a while

WCS for Zu
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:40 pm    Post subject:

chantruong wrote:
WCS for Zu

they would have to throw in a 2nd....you never know, Vlade may just do it. Convince him that Zu is everything that Papagiannis was supposed to be.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:47 pm    Post subject:

WCS is a FA, would we interesting to see if we sign him or go for a bigger Impact big in DJ.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:50 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
WCS is a FA, would we interesting to see if we sign him or go for a bigger Impact big in DJ.

This is after losing out on every max free agent?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:54 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Depends who the 1st max guy is, if it’s Butler maybe we can go for a 2nd max guy or just fill the bench with vets chasing rings.
Judah
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:56 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Depends who the 1st max guy is, if it’s Butler maybe we can go for a 2nd max guy or just fill the bench with vets chasing rings.

How are the Lakers going to sign two max players this summer?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:59 pm    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

How are the Lakers going to sign two max players this summer?

Fantasies can come true
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:02 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

What? Lebron is the first max guy. They have room for one more max guy next summer. Then they won't have much left after signing someone like Butler. Certainly not enough to afford DJ or possibly even WCS since he'll be a restricted free agent.

But you know all this already.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:21 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

What? Lebron is the first max guy. They have room for one more max guy next summer. Then they won't have much left after signing someone like Butler. Certainly not enough to afford DJ or possibly even WCS since he'll be a restricted free agent.

It really doesn’t matter if we can get only 1 max, we so many options right now that my excitement level makes me think we can Improve the team in every way.

Last edited by Inspector Gadget on Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:23 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

It really doesn’t matter if we can get only 1 max, it we so many options right now that my excitement level makes me think we can Improve the team in every way.

Good

Well, let's hope for Kawhi next summer and maybe Boogie takes another $5M payday to win with Lebron:

Ball
Kawhi
Ingram
Lebron
Cousins
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:34 pm    Post subject:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s-2HdghNDLU

Mo Wagner looks pretty good in this work out video
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:19 am    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

Do we?

I disagree about not needing picks. That mentality is exactly why the Shaq/Kobe championship window wasn't as long as it should have been, and arguably why they didn't need more.

Temp replacement is arguable. We'd be taking a shot on a guy with potential that hasn't quite yet panned out yet for a couple 2nds (Anthony Brown/Zubac level guys). We might be able to go after one of Sacs bigs for a couple 2nds. WCS would be the perfect backup 5 for Javale

I know you are one of those guys that loves draft picks more than actual developed players but we are set with that for the next 4 years at least. We have Bron for 4 but Zo, Kuz, Hart, and BI are here for another 10.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:20 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Looks like Mo's getting there, hopefully contact drills soon.

On a side note; the peak of the arc on Ingram's 3's are visibly higher than Wagner's.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:04 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

Do we?

Temp replacement is arguable. We'd be taking a shot on a guy with potential that hasn't quite yet panned out yet for a couple 2nds (Anthony Brown/Zubac level guys). We might be able to go after one of Sacs bigs for a couple 2nds. WCS would be the perfect backup 5 for Javale

I know you are one of those guys that loves draft picks more than actual developed players but we are set with that for the next 4 years at least. We have Bron for 4 but Zo, Kuz, Hart, and BI are here for another 10.

Kiss that cap room goodbye.

epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:39 am    Post subject:

Harry Giles is looking good. Hope he stays healthy. I think he'll be a Lakers in 2022.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:43 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

I actually thought BI and Lance looked good in the video. Hopefully Mo comes around.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:02 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:

Do we?

Kiss that cap room goodbye.

It is what it is. I'll take being in salary cap hell if it means we have a dynasty like the Warriors. If the goal is to win multiple rings with this core then that comes with the territory.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

It really doesn’t matter if we can get only 1 max, it we so many options right now that my excitement level makes me think we can Improve the team in every way.

Good

Well, let's hope for Kawhi next summer and maybe Boogie takes another $5M payday to win with Lebron:

Ball
Kawhi
Ingram
Lebron
Cousins

It's all about getting that 2nd max, then I don't really care who we get as a vet min C off the bench.

If we get that other max and retain McGee, I'm sure there are plenty of other bigs who would love to come ring chasing for the min.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:29 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I actually thought BI and Lance looked good in the video. Hopefully Mo comes around.

Mo 19/30 63%
BI 20/30 66%
Lance 16/20 80%

Lance is the man!!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 23 of 37
Jump to: